[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the mainstream so opposed to poetry and articulation?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: sad jump man.jpg (182KB, 900x900px)
sad jump man.jpg
182KB, 900x900px
Why is the mainstream so opposed to poetry and articulation?

Why is your first response to this question to shut the asker down with names like edgelord fedora and faggot cuck?

I just want to describe the occasional beautiful thing I find with metaphorical language, why is this always shunned?

Can't creativity be expressed anymore?
>>
File: pompiere.gif (2MB, 228x360px) Image search: [Google]
pompiere.gif
2MB, 228x360px
Sto being a fag and be a man, Richie
>>
>>34471801
People on here just don't give a shit, I hope your poetry goes well for you.
>>
>>34471933
Thanks man but I wasn't specifically addressing r9k or 4chan, anything mainstream wants to bury original thought imo.

This aggravates me so much, like imagine competent or not all you want to do is play soccer and everyone shits on you immediately because of it and especially if you pursue it AND especially if you admit to it.

I'm by no means a poet but it's just sometimes something that peaks my interest.
>>
It's the cult of ugliness. Art has to be political (propaganda), and there is no discipline in poetry or art now. Art is profane, ugly, grotesque, and ideological. We also live in a mass age, mass consumer culture, mass proletarianism, mass philistinism, etc. Moral relativity "your taste is no better than mine", "it's all subjective", etc etc
>>
>>34472055
>you want to do is play soccer and everyone shits on you immediately
I actually kind of know that feel, was in a club in primary school, admittedly I was crap but it still feels horrible to have people who are like 3 years older than you shit on you.

I understand how feel when you talk about mainstream pretty much only wanting mainstream, though I don't pursue art myself I've see it happen, it's saddening, all young people seem to want to do nowadays is have sex and party.

This anon makes a good point too >>34472093
>>
File: 1485441851001.jpg (643KB, 1528x1554px) Image search: [Google]
1485441851001.jpg
643KB, 1528x1554px
>>34472055
Thank the media jew for this. (((they))) are slowly pushing in communism and destroying individualism. Sad thing is the masses are eatting this shit up.
>>
Leftover anti-intellectualism from the hippies.
>>
>>34472184
Get off your high horse whineger. The proliferation of art depreciated it before anything else. Nobody gives a fuck about the impact of pirating music and movies because you're all a part of the hip techno-savvy contrarians, but the reality is in order to produce ART on that magnitude you need MONEY. When the people are all stealing, the inwarf variable of, "does this make me feel," has no value because individuals aren't invested, while the outward variable of "can I use this to change other peoples opinions? " remains as strong as ever. It's not cultural Marxism, it's not hippie baby boomers, it's the value of the thing being depreciated by convenience, innovation, new inventions.

As more of a product is produced, it's value is depreciated. Thanks to modern technology art can be recorded and shared with the entire world. If you can't work the rest out yourself it's no wonder noone wants to read your purple prose.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.