[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was a game that you loved from your childhood but never

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

File: Abe's_Oddysee_Cover.jpg (24KB, 338x330px) Image search: [Google]
Abe's_Oddysee_Cover.jpg
24KB, 338x330px
What was a game that you loved from your childhood but never saw anyone else play while you were at school?
>any of the oddworld series
>Medievil
>>
bushido blade
>>
File: Thrill Kill.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Thrill Kill.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Thrill Kill
>>
File: Rayman_1_cover.png (252KB, 299x383px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman_1_cover.png
252KB, 299x383px
it's still the best installment of the series
>>
monster bash
i even wrote fanfics for it for class assignments
>>
>>34471411
Yeah I honestly never saw anyone play oddworld when I was a kid. I had it though.

>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Bloody Roar
>>
File: Day_of_the_Tentacle_artwork.jpg (135KB, 256x341px) Image search: [Google]
Day_of_the_Tentacle_artwork.jpg
135KB, 256x341px
this, but originally when i was a kid. also the longest journey, 13, myst, riven, etc.
>>
File: cover_eu_large.jpg (76KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
cover_eu_large.jpg
76KB, 650x650px
>>34471411
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage for you burgers out there
>>
File: sl.png (74KB, 1280x531px) Image search: [Google]
sl.png
74KB, 1280x531px
bpsjr
>>
File: The_11th_Hour_Coverart.png (145KB, 256x250px) Image search: [Google]
The_11th_Hour_Coverart.png
145KB, 256x250px
>>34472221

>13
i mean the 11th hour. point and click adventure games. there was also one where you were in a haunted house or something and you had to go around looking for letters and stuff outside, but i can never remember the name.
>>
File: Ape_Escape_Pal.jpg (306KB, 1409x1387px) Image search: [Google]
Ape_Escape_Pal.jpg
306KB, 1409x1387px
The only platformer for the PS1 that I thought was outright better than Crash Bandicoot 1-3. Spyro 1-3 was up there as well.

>>34471411
>>34471948
>>34472196
>>34472236
I think we would have been mates at school.
>>
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Tenchu
Magic Carpet

Good old PS1
>>
>>34472196
Bloody Roar is one you don't hear about that much anymore. Dangerously furry imo. For me, it was the beetle and the lizard that were the best. The ninja mole was decent too.

>>34472303
I fucking love Tenchu. However Fatal Shadows was the best one

A few choices:
>Zork Nemesis
>Juggernaut
>Vampire Hunter D
>Jack the Nipper
>Incredible Crisis
>>
File: ICCover.jpg (467KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
ICCover.jpg
467KB, 600x589px
A great game, had it all. Tactic, a lot of possibilities, great story, great ideas, hard to master. Too bad they never made a sequel.
>>
SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom or the movie tie-in game.
Ten year-old me really enjoyed these, not exactly sure if they were actually good or not.
>>
>>34472311
Nah bro Wrath Of Heaven was the best Tenchu game. I liked Fatal Shadows for the double stealth kills but it was a bit too short. Tenchu 1 was great but I never got why everyone rated Tenchu 2 more than it, the atmosphere was dead without the BGM (which is probably more 'realisitc' but fuck it, it's a game anyway).
>>
>>34471411
>>34471948
>>34472196
>>34472236
>>34472303
I played every single game you guys listed. Then again I was a shut in my whole life basically never really had friends just had video games.
>>
>>34472393
When Onikage Mk 2 came on the scene in Tenchu 3 I about flipped my shit. The 2 player was great though I was never able to finish it because I didn't have a friend as good as me unfortunately. Tesshu was nice as well, one-shotting (or near enough) bosses with a fully charged flaming punch. Through the Portal was nice. Also, if you never did it go back and play through with the unlockable Audio Track 3. Tesshu's is the best but they are all pretty funny. An alternative comedy script the VAs did just for shits and giggles.

2 was the hardest in the series in terms of criteria for Grand Master. Tatsumaru was a lot of fun to play as. The first was somehow grittier though; by the time you're heading down Meioh's way it's pretty unsettling.

The reason I say Shadows is because of the increased variety and sophistication of the unlockable moves. It was hurting for a third, unlockable character though (Futaba would be the obvious choice to keep it all female). I played that game through to exhaustion, twice. By 'to exhaudtion' I mean getting an S rank 18 times for every level. Twice. I may even do it again at some point. I just found Rin fun as fuck to play.
>>
>>34472402
All of those games are quite well recieved, surprised that there seems to be a lot of people who didn't play them.
>>
>>34472370
>>34471948
my nigga oreganopolis
>>
File: ZOESlider4.jpg (68KB, 670x402px) Image search: [Google]
ZOESlider4.jpg
68KB, 670x402px
>>34472494
Tesshu was my favourite character, his stealth kills were the coolest. I remember I liked Through The Portal but never got around to completing it because real life started to get in the way of things. My PS2 is long dead now so no hope of playing it again (and ZOE/ZOE 2, which by the way was another game that I liked but none of my friends were into at all but I thought it was proper cool).

I did like the darker atmosphere of 1 but I guess it's to be expected since by that point they were veterans rather than studnets as they were in 2, it's part of the reason why I liked 3 as well. I thought Fatal Shadows got a bit unfairly shat on by reviews for no reason (back when they actually mattered), I thought it was fun.

I really always wanted to play Return From The Darkness but I never owned an Xbox and none of my mates who did were into games like that.
>>
yakuza for ps2
>>
>>34472682
If you're talking about Tenchu Z, please never play it as it is horrible, unmitigated shit. Same for the Wii one pretty much. You might check out Time of the Assassins on PSP though. Don't think there are cutscenes but it runs the same as Fatal Shadows and has individual scenarios for every playable character in the series up to that point plus Onikage (who of course has his own stealth kills added).
>>
File: Medievil_cover.jpg (76KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
Medievil_cover.jpg
76KB, 450x450px
I loved this game dearly, had so much fun playing it. Good memories. Though no one else liked it
>>
>>34472788
I enjoyed this game don't think anyone else I ever knew played it though.
>>
>>34472771
No I meant a game called Tenchu: Return From The Darkness which is a remake/minor expansion of Wrath Of Heaven with a few extra bits of gameplay (and possibly story) elements to it. I always heard Tenchu Z was shit and by the time it came out I had pretty much stopped playing games as 'seriously' as I used to.
>>
File: NGB.jpg (53KB, 415x588px) Image search: [Google]
NGB.jpg
53KB, 415x588px
>Finish game on master ninja difficulty
>Can't brag about it
>>
File: Spider-Man-Game.jpg (22KB, 346x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man-Game.jpg
22KB, 346x500px
No one in this thread probably played it as well (sadly). It wasn't bad playing it as a 6 year old.
>>
>>34472860
Fucking same I had no friends couldn't even brag. Fuck Alma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXQS5D-sr8
>>
File: 1484492702164.png (184KB, 480x237px) Image search: [Google]
1484492702164.png
184KB, 480x237px
>tfw I'm older than everyone in here. fuck. indiana jones on MS-DOS? anyone? star wars on MS-DOS?
>>
>>34472860
Swallow dive and izuna drop combo= overpowered
>>
megaman zero misson
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.