[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are MMO games all so lame? I have the type of personality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 2qkPUFU.jpg (108KB, 1026x720px) Image search: [Google]
2qkPUFU.jpg
108KB, 1026x720px
why are MMO games all so lame?

I have the type of personality that would allow me to totally sink my life into a cool escapist world where you build a character and roleplay with other people

but all MMOs are boring clicky clacky RPGs where you just click on stuff and click your abilities and the game plays itself

and the worlds are always generic boring high fantasy or sci-fi. why has no one made a good fun MMO yet?
>>
Go play SL or something faggit
>>
>>34470049
make your own mmo than.
>>
>>34470058
but SL has no gameplay at all! no sense of progression, no combat, no cool world with lots to do and explore...

SL is just old normalfags roleplaying sex with PS2 level models
>>
Yep, pretty much all MMORPGs are all about grind.

If you want to lose yourself in a game, then what made you go for MMORPGs?

I would suggest oblivion, skyrim and morrowind. Seems to be right up your alley. Unless you want a multiplayer game. But online games will inevitably lose some immersion.
>>
>>34470133
I dunno, single player games will end eventually, there's a finite amount of content and scaling and interaction, even if it's a big game. whereas MMOs feel like a real "world away from our world". or at least they should.
>>
>>34470049
I feel you, I also don't like the design of most of them much, it's such generic fantasy/sci-fy. And all the clicking on stuff and upgrading your abilities is too formulaic, there's so much options always, but it's all the same
>>
File: Rance.jpg (122KB, 554x827px) Image search: [Google]
Rance.jpg
122KB, 554x827px
I dumped thousands of hours in Tera before I realized how shitty it was
>>
>>34470161

Keyword being "feel". You will inevitably max out your character and visit all the areas. You can keep yourself occupied with guilds/clans and going on raids, but even that will quickly get old.

Assuming you have never played an elder scrolls game, I strongly suggest you give it a go. In some ways, a single player game has more control over the world, which allows it to be more immersive.

Also, mods.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.