[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did school ruin us?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: FrenchSchoolSystem-350x200.jpg (20KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
FrenchSchoolSystem-350x200.jpg
20KB, 350x200px
Schools should be places that encourage every child to go out and change and explore the world, explore your talents, with strong motivational mentor that develop and find your strenghs.

Instead it's a grind the whole damn time, and a regime to follow orders regardless if they make sense or not, have actual context, and never to outside of a test you need to mindlessly pass.

We are slaves to the system every since we are 6 years old.
Humanity is great because of people that escaped the system, why is society still rejecting that?
>>
>>34469428
>Schools should be places that encourage every child to go out and change and explore the world, explore your talents, with strong motivational mentor that develop and find your strenghs.

You walk into a class of 30 students. They are all sitting there looking at you. Now OP, implement all that vague bullshit you just said.
>>
>>34469428
stop looking to place blame on anything but yourself
>>
>>34469428
>Did school ruin us
Yes

The fact that I dropped out in 10th grade, can easily make money and I'm smarter than everyone I meet says yes. My specific schooling were shit. I'm much better off without it. Some aren't but I don't need it outside of connections. Life feels like a video game in a first world country. Its a bad feel. I can't escape the simulation but I can mold it how I see fi.
>>
>>34469455

ok grade school ain't so bad at all.

but I think anything beyond should be project based learning where students can choose what they find interresting, and say learn everything about the car engine, but also geography and history during that period, and everything science related to it as well. All revolved around the car engine
>>
>>34469514
The newer schools are doing what you say. They no longer have subject teachers. Kids choose what they want to study and then the teachers supervise them. However this requires new school buildings with massive open plan learning areas.
>>
>>34469588
yeah but public school and small time school are still shit

especially during the 90's and 00's

oh god, I think the 00's are the worst times to grow up as a kid
>>
File: Dredd.gif (966KB, 387x540px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.gif
966KB, 387x540px
>>34469428
I remember feeling like shit all throughout high school, my spirit was completely annihilated. I would take the hardest classes I could because I really wanted to learn, and it would eventually look good in college apps. But I also rejected the idea of doing busywork and all the useless take-home shit schools give you to ensure that you're doing schoolwork for more than 40 hours a week, so I always got 80s in my classes. Even though I was learning things, I felt like shit for not doing better in school. I got so depressed that I would just get home, sleep for 12 hours, wake up, go to school, and repeat the cycle.
>>
if schools really wanted to be effective they would just be battlefields.. no rules, no schedules, you show up and learn or you flunk out.. they babied students too much and it promotes the wrong kind of intelligence.. there's no more "cunning" in school other than getting on your teachers' good sides and maybe arguing test answers... "intelligence" is a lot more useless in the work force than a lot of school administrators and professors think.

i would much rather an employee that had to fight and defend herself to get her grades than someone who followed rule and orders and studied 10 hours a day...
>>
>>34469651
The problem always are the drone teachers with no personality, and just follows the curriculum word by word, completly demotivating the entire class.

You need personality or some kind of connection to somebody to teach them.
Sure there is maybe 1 pretty good teacher out of a 100 but that is way to little.
And the books are always never good for obvious reasons.

The whole school system is set up to increase profits of other orginizations who deliver what school is supposed to deliver.
>>
>>34469716
you can't even blame the teachers, at least in the USA. They're at the complete mercy of students' parents as well as the administration/school board.. if you say one thing out of line or offensive (ie anything that actually stimulates the brain) then your job is quite literally up for grabs... teachers need immunity to be able to say whatever they want, then maybe we would get some real teaching done (or some hardcore indoctrination.. but smart kids learning to resist indoctrination is worth a lot too)
>>
>>34469716
>Sure there is maybe 1 pretty good teacher out of a 100 but that is way to little.

You should become a teacher and fix that problem. See how long you last.
>>
>>34469742
>>34469878

So its the gov's

like always i guess
>>
>>34469463
>can easily make money
Are you a freelancer or something?
>>
>>34469428
>Did school ruin us?
Yep, being bullied by people for constantly staying at home and playing video games (even though these people do the same things all the time nowadays), being generally shy and anxious, and having horrible teachers (female, who would've thought) who didn't care about me and only talked shit about me during meetings with my parents definitely fucked up my early years of school and made me despise it as a whole.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.