[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots: Get your thyroid and sex hormones checked!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: asdfasdfasd.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdfasd.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Thyroid malfunctions and low testosterone produce robots. The most striking symptoms from these disorders will be low mood, anxiety, and fatigue.

At the very minimum you should be getting tested:
-Total testosterone
- Bioavailable testosterone
- Estradiol
- Luteinizing hormone
- Sex-hormone binding globulin

- Thyroid stimulating hormone
- Free thyroxine
- Free triiodothyronine

When you get tested MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE NUMBER RESULTS YOURSELF. Don't you dare just allow a doctor to tell you that you are 'normal.' Most doctors just look to see that you are within the reference ranges of the lab. That's not good enough. If you are close to being outside of the range, that could still indicate a problem.

My experience: All my robot problems were being caused by low testosterone. All of them. I am finally on TRT and have symptoms in remission now. Oh, and I have 'normal testosterone' according to doctors. I can't believe the idiot medical establishment just threw Paxil at me for years without getting these blood tests done first.
>>
Good advice, I've been working test boosting foods into my diet and I've never felt better.
Also taking a boron supplement, that shit cleared up some anxiety issues
>>
what was your before and after taking TRT?
>>
>>34469032
Post your cycle, timestamp it too.
Quite obvious you've never taken testosterone in your life.
>>
>>34469121
My total testosterone was 14-15 nmol/L (8.4-28.8). That's low 400s ng/dL. Bioavailable testosterone was 4.6 nmol/L (1.7 - 13.6). What's scary is that those are not strikingly low numbers. If I hadn't decided to mess around with steroids for bodybuilding I would've never discovered I was low T.

I keep my total T around 700 ng/dL at trough. TRT also lowers SHBG, so my bioavailable T is even higher proportionally.
>>
>>34469032
I've been taking meds for my thyroid since age 10 or so. They don't really do anything for my mood and drive, but it is probably best for other robots to see an endocrinologist anyways.
>>
>>34469230

Tested myself in the morning at 18.2, still feel like doing TRT though, want that 1000 ng/dL life
>>
I did roids and it made me gay. Not even kidding. I literally craved cock every time I pinned (test p). Never again.
>>
File: 00s0s_kQ9zLvwGk4r_1200x900.jpg (93KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
00s0s_kQ9zLvwGk4r_1200x900.jpg
93KB, 675x900px
>>34469032
Not to be a dick (and I like the post it is good information overall) but this statement is inaccurate-
" Most doctors just look to see that you are within the reference ranges of the lab. That's not good enough"

TSH levels are dynamic and fluctuate just like the rest of the body's chemistry. Being within the range is what is targeted because the sample taken can be effected by many different factors such as the time of day and your personal diet....so you are never going to "hit a perfect mark and stay there".
source - I have had hypo thyroid issue since I was a child - I take Levothyroxine for life and my Dr is an infectious disease professor who I see due to being HIV positive for over a decade.
>>
>>34469379
Also , having the mentality that your Dr is not understanding the body and the correct test results is dangerously ludicrous.
>>
>>34469396
Well I did not say anything that sweeping. The more experience and education a doctor has with regards to male hormones, the more flexible he will be in interpreting test results. However, most PCPs and endocrinologists (who are mainly diabetes-focused) know little about T issues. It is common knowledge in the low-T community that men with borderline-low (as opposed to outright-low) T have difficulty being treated, due to how conservative medical guidelines are when it comes to TRT treatment.

I know much less about thyroid problems, but the same principle holds of not blindly relying on MD advice and doing your own research.
>>
>>34469379
Holy shit balls hello drew my name is ian
>>
>>34469032
>all this robroscience
>>
I got tested twice, first time I was below the normal range so the doctor got me to take it again and it came back "normal". I wish I knew the numbers. In any case I have severe anxiety and fatigue.
>>
>>34469622
Definitely get rechecked again. Being low once is a big warning sign.
>>
I got a blood test done recently, hoping it would explain something. The only negative I got was a fatty liver, which is normal considering I'm obese.
>>
>>34469786
Fun Fact: fat cells convert testosterone into estrogen
Your fat is literally sucking the masculinity out of you. The good news is that test helps burn fat so once you get on a test boosting diet and exercise regularly you'll be shedding the pounds.
>>
>>34469032
Gibe Internet supplements
Can they test if your body cant produce DHT properly? What do then?

Also whats the test ranges to look for
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.