[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "at least" Robot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483259911517.jpg (648KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1483259911517.jpg
648KB, 1080x1920px
Delegitimizing someone's sadness is never good. We must understand that some robots here have better lives than others. Some are in prestigious universities or have great jobs but we all have one thing in common. There is at least one thing causing us to be perpetually depressed or even suicidal. We shouldn't shame another robot for being under objectively better circimstances, because life can be just as grim. The biggest problem, however, is not delegitimizing someone's depression. That's more of an r9k problem to be quite honest. The problem is how people attempt to help.

It's related to the way they try make us feel that life isn't so bad. And why shouldn't they? If we escape the confines of depression for maybe just a day, we can motivate ourselves to do something to permanently fix the problem. Just one issue though: How does this help usually begin (and end)?

Lots of robots have probably heard something like this multiple times:

>At least you have good health
>At least you aren't a dying African kid
>At least your grades are still good
>aww anon, life isn't so bad. At least you have x, y, and Z!

The issue is that x, y, and z aren't enough. Otherwise, you'd be happy. While other people have better things and are happy, you SHOULDN'T be sad because "at least you have x, y, and z." The fact is that x, y, and z are all things we enjoy, maybe, but don't amount to happiness. Everything all together is just substandard, and that's what they're reminding us of.
>>
No one wants to be labeled as substandard. If you are depressed and are told you shouldn't be because of your circumstances, which obviously aren't good enough, then you will probably be even more depressed. When people say garbage like this, they put you on the playing field with everyone else, except instead of comparing you with Chad Thundercock who has everything right in his life, they compare you with substandardness. Or maybe they'll compare you with someone who is happy. They'll say "look at Norman! He has x, y, and z too and he's happy! You should be happy too!"

Well, Norman is just mediocrity to me, and if I am comparable to him, then I'm fucking mediocre. That's how I felt in the beginning and now I feel it even more now. I shouldn't have to lower my standards to be happy, especially if I'm not wealthy or if I'm fucking lonely. I have no bigger insecurity in life than being told by happy people that "at least you aren't xyz" or that "it could be worse."

Who here sick of being /atleast/.
>>
>>34468060
>>34468064
eyy yo TL DR but i think u should try to just be yourself :^))
>>
>>34468124
Tldr

When people tell you that it could be worse, essentially
>>
Because there are degrees to everything. I will always hate anyone stronger, smarter, richer, and healthier than myself.
>>
>>34468527
That's just setting yourself up for a life of bitter disappointment

I like your style friendo
>>
>>34468060
I just wanted to give you respect for writing an actual original and discussion-invoking post and not just some more dumb trap memes or whatever. Thank you.
>>
>>34468060
>We must understand that some robots here have better lives than others. Some are in prestigious universities or have great jobs
>some robots are in prestigious universities or have great jobs

They aren't robots. If you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, go to school, have a drivers license, or work, you are not a robot.
>>
>>34469047
Stop delegitimizing my fucking shit. The Africans would say the same shit about you.
>>
At least you're dead on the inside.
>>
>>34468060
Just go to /r/sad or something.
Robot used to be a very spicific criteria, a socially outcast male often without a job or with a low-paying job, afflicted with some kind of mental illness and ugly as fuck.
If you're not that then you don't have to be here, you can go somewhere else, /r9k/ is a bastion- not a fucking daycare, leave.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.