[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I took this picture earlier today at my psychiatrist office,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20170127_213814.png (1MB, 763x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_213814.png
1MB, 763x1024px
I took this picture earlier today at my psychiatrist office, and I'm wondering why anyone would tell the doctor that they think of killing themselves?

I marked down "not at all", but I'm really more of a several days guy.
>>
>>34465575
So you live in either California or Oregon.

Nice to know.
>>
>>34465603
California, but what made it obvious?
>>
>>34465622
Kaiser Permanente is based in California, but some outposts in Oregon.

t. friend who lives in Oregon told me about it.
>>
>>34465575
I recently started taking fluoxetine which massively reduced my suicidal thoughts, but I still think about killing myself pretty much every night when I'm trying to sleep. At least I'm not thinking about it all day every day, though.
>>
>>34465877
What did they make you do to get that medication? Did they put you in a ward?
>>
Would you automatically get v& for saying everyday or yes?
>>
Can someone tell me what the 5150 is like?
>>
>>34465575
if psychiatrists know u have suicidal thoughts can they put u in an institution or drug u or whatever? thats whats mainly keeping me from that kind of shit
>>
>>34466357
You get thrown into a ward if you say you have suicidal thoughts AND you have a plan. The later is the big one. They'll at least let you go in voluntarily to avoid legal issues, though.
>>
File: 1473108449765.jpg (123KB, 754x776px) Image search: [Google]
1473108449765.jpg
123KB, 754x776px
>>34465622
>>34465723

I'd have guessed California also, because of the Kaiser coverage and the fact that my office does contract work for a fuckton of Medi-Cal programs and almost all of their health assessments have that same fucking question, verbatim.

>mfw I have to ask 20-something parents if their newborn has a problem with drug or alcohol abuse or if it lives with a husband or wife
>>
>>34467160
They can if it seems like you're going to do it any second. It's tricky because each one has different importance rankings on talking about it. I told mine once I trusted her more, and she just made me promise that if I ever felt that way I'd call or text her first.
>>
>>34467180
Nah where I'm from they call the police and an ambulance to take you to the hospital. I got footed with a nice $2k ambulance bill.
>>
>>34465575
I went to a preliminary 'mental health nurse' when I was 17 to see if she'd refer me to a psychologist for severe anxiety and depression.

She told me I wasn't allowed to use the word hypochondria to describe myself because it's too negative, and that the solution to my problems was to do yoga and 'be positive and have an optimistic outlook'.

I'm never going back to that industry, it's worthless.
>>
>>34467249
>she
There's your problem
>>
These surveys are to catch people who want help. If you answer honestly, you don't really want to die. If you lie, you were beyond saving anyway.
>>
>>34467262
The only option. Basically if you were referred, you didn't have to pay the full price.
>>
File: 1479295467713.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479295467713.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>high school
>admit to counsellor that I've been really depressed for as long as I can remember, and I wish I was dead
>get put in a mental ward for "observation"
>come back to school
>word got out that I was in there because I wanted to kill myself
>treated like a freak by people who previously just ignored me
>stop going to school because I can't take it anymore
>shut myself off from society and wait to die
Th-thanks.
>>
Because doctors cannot arbitrarily throw you into the looney bin against your will. It's extremely rare and difficult to do.

Those people are there to help you. Simply admitting suicidal thoughts or tendencies isn't going to hurt you, it's going to help them help you.
>>
>>34467235
>have vague thoughts of killing self but probably would never do it
>choose 'several days' to be truthful
>get dragged off to a ward
>get charged $2000 for ambulance
>more depressed now you cant pay the bill
>actually kill self
Good work doc. Have a 100k christmas bonus, you've earned it.
>>
>>34467194
damn. that really blows
>>
>>34465575
I did a survey for my psychiatrist and answered all the questions honestly, including "Have you ever thought of suicide", I said daily. He never brought it up, and just diagnosed me with depression and anxiety.
>>
>>34467290
the mental health industry really doesnt give a fuck about helping patients and that really is a shame
>>
>>34467341
Yeah. I've gotten more help from 7cupsoftea than anywhere else. I talked to someone there on a really bad night because at least they don't call the fucking cops on you. It made me feel a little better.
>>
>>34467337
How many sessions did it take before a diagnosis?
>>
>>34467442
Only one. I only got to see a psychiatrist because of the doctors referral, it's weird here in Canada. He had me do a quiz before going in though, and I'm supposed to see him soon for a check even though things didn't get any better, only worse.
>>
>>34467463
We do that in Australia too. Shame mine was a cunt.
>>
>>34465575
>>34465877
>>34465949
>>34467180
>>34467194
>>34467316
>>34467463
>trusting a shrink
>ever
You do realize they themselves don't even know what the fuck the shit they are prescribing does to you
and from what i've read it alters you so your core
personality you might change into someone completely different for worse or for really fucking worse
never trust the pill jew
once you get hooked your fucked
>>
Do burgers really answer generalized computer surveys when they go to the doctor's office? Talk about dehumanizing. No wonder you guys are so fond of dressing as girls and chopping off your dicks.
>>
>>34467753
I don't know it seems pretty useful to the doctor, and I'm pretty anxious around people but answered relatively honestly, when I wouldn't have said the truth to the doctors face.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.