[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

suicide

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

File: 1475972923911.png (242KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1475972923911.png
242KB, 511x428px
what do you robots think about suicide?

is it bad?
will you do it eventually?
how would you do it?
why would you do it?
>>
>>34462707
I do, anon.

>height

I'm gonna find a quiet spot and shoot myself just don't know when

What are your plans desu?
>>
Forcing someone to live against their will is pretty stupid.
>>
>is it bad?
No.
>will you do it eventually?
Probably.
>how would you do it?
Jump off the George Washington bridge.
>why would you do it?
I'm getting pretty tired of being alive.
>>
File: 1456710577376.jpg (1MB, 1429x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1456710577376.jpg
1MB, 1429x2200px
Shotgun loaded with buckshot, the barrel in my mouth at an upward angle, my brain stem gets obliterated before I even hear the sound. Instant unconsciousness, all major organs shut down 40 seconds later.

Of course, I'm going to set up a tarp on my floor and walls to contain the gore, leave a quick "not your fault" note for my family, as well as an apology and a tip for the cleanup crew. As soon as I finish paying off my loans (my mom co-signed them and I don't want to stick her with the bill), I'm out of here. Just 7 more months of this shit.
>>
is it bad? no
will you do it eventually? most likely
how would you do it? overdose
why would you do it? being alive is a meme and i only remain here for my family (all older, will definitely be deceased before i am middle aged). (obligatory self loathing "to save people from having to tolerate my stupidity)
>>
>>34462971
Overdosing is a meme, you have a very high chance of survival (extremely painful survival, too). That's why the female suicide rate is so low, they overwhelmingly choose overdose and it's a useless method.
>>
File: 1446008125433.jpg (955KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1446008125433.jpg
955KB, 1920x1080px
not sure how anyone could ever do that to themselves. No matter how fucked my life is, the fact that I am even alive is simply mind blowing to me.

Check out this pic: http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/astro/hst_deep_field.jpg. Every single one of those is a separate galaxy. We are in one teeny tiny little galaxy and we arent even in the middle of it. Were on a small arm of the galaxy we are in. Ours is small in comparison with some of the galaxies in this picture. COUNTLESS galaxies! know what this means?

You are a fucking scientific miracle. Your body contains the very same elements that every single fucking star, asteroid, and living creature in the whole damn universe have. Can you wrap your brain around that? Elements from the sun moon and stars came together and created you. Your beautiful body, your complex and vastly intelligent mind, that throbbing pain deep in your chest. The blood coursing through your veins. The liquid that swirls around inside your eyeball to focus the light that enters it so that you can see. The ability for your brain to understand such a concept as laughter and the pleasure it gives you. All of this, just from simple elements in the vast universe all came together and fused and worked together to create YOU. Your life is the rarest and most precious miracle in the universe. The fact that you even EXIST is one of the most beautiful gifts that the universe could ever give itself.
>>
>>34463168
Don't give a shit tbqh
>>
>>34463168
>>>Tumblr

Oregano comento
>>
>is it bad?
For a ceratin type of person yes It's bad. The retarded "omg a guy bullied me so I'm killing myself" children are idiots. But if your life is actually shit past a certain age with no hope of improvement then I see no problem in it. Life without a reason to live is just pointless torture, which results in you dying regardless anyway.
I'd say there's a pretty good chance. My life is shit and pointless and I know for a fact it will get worse.
>how would you do it?
I don't know, I haven't thought that far ahead but I'd want it to be over quick.
>why would you do it?
Because my life is shit and meaningless and I have nothing worth living for. The older you get the more you see people around you, old friends enjoying what life has to offer and you experience none of it. It is painful and just not worth it.
>>
>>34463168

God I remember how it felt to be like you. Are you around or under the age of 18 by any chance?

Being a worthless piece of shit at that age is just a given. When you get older and fail to achieve there is a strong instinctual alarm bell that rings in your head telling you that you are failing at life, all day, every day.
>>
>>34463421
no I'm 25 years old
>>
>>34463458

Then congratulations I guess. You either don't have it that bad at all in life. Or you're so emotionally and socially stunted that you are perfectly contented with being a loser neet.

Not even insulting you I remember the time when I was a loser neet and fucking loved it back when I was 16 - 19. Good times.
>>
>>34463487
what the hell does being a loser even mean?

I am 25 years old, still a virgin and never kissed a girl. We all have it bad one way or another, doesn't mean we should kill ourselves.
>>
>>34463487
Not the guy you're arguing with but you're right. I loved being a neet from when I was 18-21. Then I realized how pathetic I am. I'm 23 now and I've only had one job and that lasted about 2 months
>>
>>34463527

If you're happy with life then that's fine, seriously. Your philosophy is fine if it works for you. You can literally do whatever you want with life. Spend 70 years sat eating doughnuts while playing vidya and living off welfare. If that honestly satisfies you fully as a human being you are pretty fucking lucky and I'm dead serious. I know exactly how it feels to get complete satisfaction from a life most people would call utterly depressing.

But I've outgrown that lifestyle now and can never go back. I just deeply want to have a normal life. A decent house, a wife and kids, all the normal boring bullshit that seemed shitty and dull to my former teenage neet self.
>>
>>34462707
>is it bad?

Nope. If life was actually something special then sure it'd be bad. But you'd have to be deluded to think that life is actually important. But we are but one out of 7 billion-ish.

Yes. I made an attempt years ago and botched it. I decided afterwards though from my parents response that I should show them some consideration and wait until they are dead before I finish the job.

>how would you do it?

Either by hanging or this cool contraption whereby you hook up a helium tank to a face mask and pass out. I want something more certain this time. Apparently there is a lot of room for error when you rely on making a cocktail out of every pill in the house so I won't be doing that again.

>why would you do it?

Because I'm bored. I'm not depressed, it's just that I never valued life much so because I feel like I've done enough to be content with mine I also feel no need to keep going. I'll die eventually so I'd rather have some say in the matter as well.
>>
>>34463016
attempted suicide is the meme. It can't be that hard to kill yourself
>>
>>34463548

I'm 23 too man. It was so amazing. I'd sleep all day, and play video games all night. Then one day I'd wake up and holy shit it's friday, and there's a deal on at the local pizza place! Just ordering a fucking pizza and eating it while playing Halo matchmaking alone completely satisfied me. It's so bizarre looking back now.

Truly I think genuine happiness can only be felt by teenagers, regardless of where they find it.
>>
>>34462910
May I ask why? If you're still lurking
>>
>>34463693
Make sure to leave quite a bit for the clean up bill. My grandpa went out that way but because they have to bring in a special biohazard crew to clean up the waste it was really expensive. The pricks.
>>
>>34463669
Same. I'd wake up around 12-1 and play Xbox until like 2 am. Not a care in the world. Now I can't sit a enjoy playing video games unless I'm playing with someone else
>>
>>34462707
>what do you robots think about suicide?
It's fine.
>is it bad?
No
Probably
>how would you do it?
Gun to the back of my throat
>why would you do it?
Loneliness and desperation
>>
>>34463630

The impact it will have on others is literally the only reason I haven't done it.

If there was a button on my desk I could push, and it just wiped me from time and space I'd have pushed it long ago.
>>
>>34463693
The other methods are too painful, too expensive, illegal (imagine getting sent to prison for buying nembutal that you wanted to use for suicide), too unreliable, too public (skyscraper/train jump), or depend on a bit of personal cleverness (helium tank, nitrogen tank) that I'm bound to fuck up.

>>34463746
Good advice, I'll make sure to do that.
>>
>>34463746
I meant why are you killing yourself
>>
>>34463830
That's why I stopped socializing with others apart from what I have to do at work. I'm at the point now where apart from my parents there is probably two people on the planet who are close enough to me to even remember me enough to give me a second thought if I died. So that once my parents are gone and I step out too, no one will really care.
>>
>>34463855
I'm someone else. I was just offering the guy advice so there is less burden on his family.
>>
>>34463855
Oh. I'm bored, tired, I don't have any interests, hobbies, goals, or friends....there's not much point in being here anymore. I've been coasting like this since 2013, and it's just kind of exhausting.
>>
All of you dumb cunts need to get a job if you don't already and I guarantee your mental health will improve.
>>
>>34462707
>Is it bad?
Absolutely not.
Will you do it eventually?
I hope so.
>How would you do it?
I would a shotgun to the brain but i can't get one as of right now. If the opportunity ever arose i wouldn't hesitate.
>Why do it?
Life sucks and it only gets worse as time goes on.
>>
I think about it a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Almost every waking hour is spent thinking of the various ways I should kill myself and rationalizing how it would be better for everyone if I wasn't around. I contribute nothing to society, have been a burden on my parents and everyone around me. I'm a fucking leech and now, after decades of being ignored, strangers suddenly want to but into my fucking miserable life and tell me it's worth living. I can't think of a bigger joke. Like it's a grand cosmic experiment to see how much bullshit I can take before I finally pull the trigger.

I think it's ethical to let people die easily and painlessly if they want to, and specialized doctors should be able to administer a chemical broth that will shut you down like you can do at any vet clinic for a sick dog.

I'll probably end up doing it after mom dies. Probably won't be long, but those dementia patients fucking CLING to life and I don't know if I can take another twenty years of this. Dad's gone, I have nobody at my back, nothing to look forward to except another empty tomorrow. I'm already a ghost.

Every drug tried on me has failed because it's not a chemical imbalance but a combination of factors that were mostly out of my control. Just one shitty thing after another slowly stacking on my shoulders. Fuck I need a drink.
>>
>>34463939
I don't know if you're the right person to ask, but is it worth killing myself if I can't find a gf by 30? If I find myself completely lonely and without any friends or relationships, and I'm still a KHV, should I do it? What else is there to live for if I'm just isolated and suffering?
>>
>>34464050

>can't get a shotgun

You can walk into any wal-mart and pick one up for like 150-200 bucks. Could probably find used firearms on CL or whatever other place people use these days for firearm purchases that require no documentation whatsoever between private citizens.
>>
>>34464127
There is nothing whatsoever to live for. But you still have to actually go through with it. If you can actually do it, then all the power to you since it is your life to do what you will with. Just make sure you get your affairs in order before you go. Any bills that may transfer to a family member you should pay off first. And anyone who you feel will be severely affected by your death you should try to offer some closure to first without tipping them off that your offing yourself.
>>
>>34464128
Granted i've never tried, but i imagine i wouldn't pass any store's background check due to being confined in a psych hospital for a week after attempting suicide in the past. A quick look at craiglist didn't turn up anything and i live in the south.
>>
>>34464220
Thanks for the advice. Hope you find a better place.
>>
>>34464127
I'm 21 and I'm already planning to kill myself, I'm the worst person to ask. Fuck if I know.
>>
>>34464236

It's usually handguns that people get background check'd for. A hunting rifle or shotgun can usually be purchased without any hassle. I'm in Michigan, we have pretty good gun laws here, and quite a few tall bridges if you can't go the firearm route.
>>
>>34464314
Michiganfag here.

Any reason why so many robots seem to be from michigan? It might just be me, but it seems so disproportionate. Then again, Michigan is a pretty robot state. It was the only state to actually LOSE population for a while and unemployment jumped to 15% in '09. Everything here is underdeveloped and old. Both the rural and urban areas are fucking stupid imo. Overall a terrible place to live.

Hbu? Do you like Michigan? Also, where in michigan are you?
>>
>>34463669
>>34463819

Being 23 seems like the point of no return for me. If I can't make things work now they never will. I don't want to kill myself but I don't put in the effort to change (which seems futile anyway) and it makes me hate myself even more. Why can't I just be a shut-in neet and not feel suicidal, why does loneliness hurt but being around people hurt just as much. Wish I was never born honestly.
>>
I have a good song for this board. Spotify keeps recommending me stuff like this for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho1LgF8ys-c&pbjreload=10
>>
>>34464415
If things don't change by the time my mom dies, I'm most likely killing myself
>>
>>34464381

It's very rustic and all our infrastructure is crumbling and nobody bothers to fix it. A fucking redneck inovation haven and yet we can't fix our roads or keep anyone employed.

I'm in da UP, eh? Gwinn specifically, so when I say it's a backwoods shitpond, I really mean it. In this area alone the unemployment rate is almost 50% but then again a lot of people have mechanical knowledge and just work for their friends basically. Resources everywhere and nothing being put to use in our own backyard.

I like it up here simply for the fact most people leave me alone and mind their own business. I wouldn't do well in a city. Lived in South Dakota for awhile in a town of about 20k and even that was overwhelming to me. At least the mexicans in the trailer park I lived in were nice to me. Recently did a run down to Chicago and while driving through Milwaukee I pretty much shut down and almost killed everyone in the vehicle because I was terrified of the traffic.

If you can find something craft-like or mechanic/construction things to do it's not bad, but otherwise it's a shit hole with almost no future. Everyone who was smart got the fuck out right after HS and never came back until they're retired.
>>
>>34464314
I could give it a shot next time i leave the house alone i guess. They'll really just sell you a shotgun and ammo, no questions asked or id or anything?
>>
>>34462707
what do you robots think about suicide?
an unfairly stigmatized thing that should be a fundamental human right
is it bad?
it's sad and difficult but it can make sense in certain situations
will you do it eventually?
it's one of the five most likely causes of my death. The others being lung cancer, destroyed liver, car accident, or nuclear warfare.
how would you do it?
ideally I would live stream myself blowing my brains out
why would you do it?
got nothing going for me
>>
>>34462707
i want to do it but i don't want to fail and be crippled/brain dead/in pain

what method should i use?
>>
>>34464523
I'm getting really close to moving out of this shithole. Probably going to California or something. Maybe Texas. Or I could find some place quiet on the east coast where things are developed but still tranquil.

I live in the detroit area btw
>>
File: who needs courage.gif (1MB, 499x340px) Image search: [Google]
who needs courage.gif
1MB, 499x340px
>>34462707

is it bad? everyday
will you do it eventually? not sure, i'm a weak person so probably not
how would you do it? od'ing on an opiod sounds good, if i could get my hands on a gun that would make the previous question into a definite yes
why would you do it? I'm a lazy person who fucks up all opportunities given to me and i don't see myself changing
>>
>>34464582

>detroit area

Surprisingly I've never been there, but from what I've heard from people moving up here from there and lansing it's basically a toxic swamp at this point. It's quiet up here mostly, except for the occasional meth lab blowing up because nobody can chemistry/alchemy/wizardry right.

I wish you luck in your journey anon, wherever it takes you and I hope you find a new tomorrow there.
>>
>>34464588
if i were to do it, if possible i'd like no funeral and i'd do it away from my family so they don't have to see that
>>
somedays it gets really bad. I've found that a busy mind is a happy mind, so I try to avoid staying still if I have to go outside.
I can definitely see myself doing it by my mid twenties, thrities guaranteed.
I'd probably go by helium or any other way that preserves the body to make sure if a funeral happens, it goes completely normal without any issues.
I'm just tired of living and I can't see a future where I'm happy.
>>
>>34462707
I always dreamed about trying to swim across the atlantic (romantic but stupid way to die). In reality I Will probably shoot myself or OD on some medicine
>>
Livestream it faggot like that hero on /b/ last month
>>
>>34465101

If that's your dream way to die you should do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l36biSLcuY

I like this song, somewhat related.
>>
File: 1436489662420.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436489662420.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>34462971
>being alive is a meme
I fucking love this board
>>
>>34462707
>what do you robots think about suicide?

Impartial to it, everybody dies eventually anyways

>is it bad?
Nope. See above.

Probably

>how would you do it?
Hang myself

>why would you do it?
We're living in hell. Nothing matters in the end everyone dies, what's the point of life? I'm also curious about death and almost look forward to it.
>>
File: IMG_0256.png (220KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.png
220KB, 1280x1280px
>>34462707
It is objectively bad but i believe every man is free to do it, and while fault can be found, i cannot bring myself to pity the dead.
Ill probably wind up finally committing suicide. Gunshot to the head. Got drunk two months ago, sat with a rifle in my neck, couldnt bring myself to do it, dont know why i didnt.
I am an objectively terrible person and i have no reason to live.
>>
>>34462707
>is it bad?
I support the youth in asia.
i'm already dead
>how would you do it?
as slow as possible
>why would you do it?
everybody dies
>>
>>34464127
Gf =/= happiness
>>
>>34464314
Every gun bought through an ffl requires a background check.
>>
>>34463168

>Because something is unlikely it is valuable

Let me guess, you're 17?
>>
>>34464543
No. All states require a background check to purchase a gun in a gun store. You could buy a gun privately e.g. find someone willing to sell you a gun in person and they dont have to do a background check. Ammo in most states doesnt require a background check.
>>
>>34464560
I think it can be a rational decision. Eventually you become such a burden to society or so weak that you're better off not existing and giving someone else the opportunity. You failed at life. So take it away.
>>
>>34462707
>is it bad?
Depends
Almost definitely
>how would you do it?
Helium, jumping, hanging, gun. In that order of preference
>why would you do it?
I'm a lost cause who'll never be happy
>>
>>34462707

I think it is hard to fuck to do, and that the will to end suffering is almost always weaker than the instinct for survival.

Any of the badness disappears with the absence of perception that comes with being dead.
Likely not, but I will think about it a lot.
See above.
Being a rationalized animal is gross and I don't have winning cards or obligations that distract me.
>>
>>34462707
>is it bad?
No. I think you should have the right to choose if you want to die
Probably if I get cancer or someting. I don't want to stretch my life-span out and I don't want to pay for expensive treatments.
>how would you do it?
Craigslist.
>why would you do it?
Stated above.
>>
>>34464078
>Like it's a grand cosmic experiment to see how much bullshit I can take before I finally pull the trigger.

This.
>>
>>34462707
i don't blame people that do it. my life is really awful sometimes and i can sort of imagine it being 5x worse would just drive me impossibly insane to that point.
However in my mind suicide is just an end. I'd rather not cut short what might be my only life. If anything if i was truly suicidal I would go out and do things that would normally be stupid, like take lots of drugs and give up all of my material belongings to live in a buddhist retreat (if that's even an option).
>>
>>34462707
>is it bad?
idk
i hope
>how would you do it?
with any method that kill me fast and painless
>why would you do it?
im tired of living, everyday its a hell, im wasting my life on work, vidya and anime, i cant connect with anyone, im a failure, nothing makes sense
>>
>is it bad?
Yes, because you never know what the future holds. You can always try something else. The key exception being for terminal illness.
Yes, because I will probably die of some alcohol-related terminal illness and I want to die on my own terms.
>how would you do it?
I'd do nitrogen asphyxiation (or carbon monoxide poisoning if I couldn't get the supplies) while drunk out of my mind
>why would you do it?
If you're dying of a terminal illness you will be dying a painful death and you damn well know it. Might as well do something about it and die on your own terms.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.