[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/positivity/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_8641.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8641.gif
471KB, 512x288px
Welcome to /positivity/ general!

As dire as things may seem, everything is going to be okay robots. Please try to keep your posts and replies ITT uplifting towards your r9k brothers, since we're all in this together. I will be bumping this general with images and quotes to brighten things a bit and get us started.

For many of us, other anons are all we really have. Let's replace the bitter pain in our hearts with the warmth and bliss that comes from the encouragement and love of one another, one post at a time.
>>
File: IMG_8789.jpg (37KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8789.jpg
37KB, 600x765px
You can, you should, and if you're brave enough to start, you will.

-Stephen King
>>
>>34461303
No
-Anon 2017
>>
File: IMG_8983.jpg (31KB, 600x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8983.jpg
31KB, 600x513px
Some happy music:

https://youtu.be/wbT9DeULzU4
>>
File: 1407526725248.png (827KB, 1027x608px) Image search: [Google]
1407526725248.png
827KB, 1027x608px
Some of you guys seem to think you're a hot mess, and your right, you are, but sometimes you just have to clean up that mess.
>>
File: 1334329164853[1].jpg (18KB, 366x380px)
1334329164853[1].jpg
18KB, 366x380px
can someone explain why im so motivated to do things late at night when there is no time for it?

>its 4 oclock in the morning right now
>chemistry books infront of me
>sketch book and drawing equipment ready by my side
>planning to jog after im done with those things
>sitting on my balls because i was planning to masturbate and i like it this way
>everything that i mention except the first one has been planned since after breakfast 15 hours ago
>probably not gonna do any of these things
>i dont know how to greentext

also

>tfw you didnt know what patios are
>tfw i had to change to another test to prove im human
>mfw i actually searched for it after posting this
>>
File: IMG_8988.jpg (33KB, 700x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8988.jpg
33KB, 700x536px
>>34461451
Your mind probably runs best after you've been awake for a while, my friend. Which is completely fine! I recommend doing all those things right now, and then setting a reasonable time for you to go to sleep tomorrow.

A normal sleep schedule makes you into a new man.
>>
File: IMG_8989.gif (20KB, 540x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8989.gif
20KB, 540x526px
>>34461443
Well said anon.

Even if you're at rock bottom, keep your head up and climb.
>>
>>34461531
but if i do all of this now i would have spent 20-21 hours awake. this is only manageable in the weekend my mango
>>
Are there any motivational techniques that work?

Most of the things I have found on the internet are scientology-tier mindfuckery or normy empty platitudes. Maybe they are basically right, this clip from the "young pope" sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4gqvWGELE

Obviously I need to put my cynicism aside. Regardless I would still like to know more about the psychology behind it and find a method like clearing my mind of all distractions and focussing solely on whatever task I want to complete or maybe some reassurance that even though I am useless, if I press on I will accomplish something eventually. Besides my feels, there is a knowledge gap in my way.

Normies on the internet tell me to "have confidence" and "be yourself", but when I go outside the IRL normies give me the stink eye, pull these scowls and treat me kind of like a black man in the 1950s (not saying I have it that bad, the similarities are just spookily similar). Some of them make it very clear they don't want me around by openly verbally abusing me, like they get really observably excited by it, yet no one gives a shit even when they see it happen right in front of them. This is not random douches but government employees, employers at job interviews. I don't know if I can live like this much longer.
>>
File: IMG_8987.png (398KB, 750x997px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8987.png
398KB, 750x997px
>>34461837
Then write down everything you want to do, get some rest, and do them when you wake up :)

>>34462016
Any idea why they treat you that way? That's pretty fucked up, and it's them, not you.
>>
File: pepeenlightened.jpg (19KB, 213x200px) Image search: [Google]
pepeenlightened.jpg
19KB, 213x200px
Meditation is the best thing that robots can do, it's better than any jewpills or jewtherapists. It can transform your life like it did mine.

You should really give it a try for at least 10 days, once every day, before dismissing it.

do you have a smartphone? If so I can give you some apps that are truly great. If not, there are free guided meditations you can find online, or if you're into torrenting there is a great series of guided meditation by Jack Kornfield, who is considered an expert in the field.

I did two apps, first is one called Calm, they give you a free 7 days of meditations, and then it's pay for the rest. Actually they have other guided meditation as well for free, loving-kindess, forgiveness, body scan, a few others. As well as timed meditation.

Another is Headspace, they give you 10 days of meditation before you pay for the rest but if you are into torrenting you can find the complete headspace meditations online.

If you are looking for completely free, Insight Timer is a great app with tons of meditations that are totally free. It is a large community as well with different groups. It's not as focused as the apps above, in that they kind of set a course for you, but it's free and like I said you can pick and choose what you wish to meditate to.

The basic gist...and I've only done guided meditations thus far. It's primarily relaxation with breathing, counting breaths, learning to let intrusive thoughts subside. I've also done focused meditations such as ones that work on kindness, where as your meditating you use visualization of someone you love or maybe someone who hurt you, and repeat in your mind phrases of love and forgiveness as the instructor gives you during the meditation.

If you devote the time (10 minutes a day at least), it really helps. And you have to do it daily, don't skip. I'm saying this as a robot who started meditation and is now going off my anti anxiety drug and all my anti depressants.
>>
Another thing for robots:

At night write down 3 things you will accomplish the next day. They don't have to be big things, maybe take the dog for a walk. Take the trash out. Do 5 pushups. Anything.

Then get them done the next day. If you don't do them, ask yourself why, and write down what you didn't do for the following day.
>>
I got laid off, lost a house, went through a possibly distancing rough patch with a friend, now living with my elderly parents, we have money trouble, my father is out of work, I've been faced with the possibility I may be living up in the boonies with them to work and help them out, and while interviewing for jobs my mother got hospitalized and is in ICU.

Make me optimistic for the future, robots.
>>
>>34462569
>while interviewing for jobs
You're on the right path, anonfriend. It sounds like your parents could really use your support, even as meager as it may be. I might be wrong, if they want you to and you can then it might be nicer to move out, but if they're in any kind of need I'm sure it would be good for both of you for you to stay and help out financially (and possibly around the house/just keeping your dad company.)
>>
>>34462407
>>34462372
10/10 advice right here boys.
>>
>>34462990
Is it bad that I imagine a future where they both pass and I inherit the house and live by myself up in the woods?

My dad is rather grating as a person and living with him is tiring. But I know he needs me now.
>>
>>34463160
>rather grating as a person and living with him is tiring
I hear you there. After some time, again if you can afford it, it might be better for both of you if you moved out but stayed close, so you could visit once or twice a week.

The visiting is important, yours might be a family that stays together better if they don't live together. But especially if he's an undersocialized innawoods guy in that situation with your mom in the hospital (which is incredibly hard) he definitely needs someone who loves him unconditionally even if there are times where you just can't handle his autism.
>>
>>34461303
Thanks Mr.King, I'm finally ready to order the exit bag.
>>
>>34463453
My sister has talked about wishing she could get them moved to a smaller house or apartment closer to the city and to us, so that could happen. They will be paying mortgage on this house until they die. It wouldn't be a bad house to stay in though. It is two hours away from my usual stomping grounds, though.
>>
>>34463632
I hear you there. Nobody in my extended family has a house I'd have any desire to take over, even though some are very nice and expensive they're all in California or Dallas or extended Seattle area. None of them being places I'd like to live, or areas I'd like to live in.

I'd give anything to inherit a remote cabin or even just some land I could build on, near the southwestern (or even southeastern, beggars can't be choosers I guess) American coast.
>>
>>34462372
meditation is really wonderful
i've been very bad at keeping it a habit but the way it can fundamentally change your way of thinking in such short time is incredible
>>
>>34462195
I suppose I make them "cringe", I talk funny, I have an unfashionable haircut and clothes. I shower, I am polite to the point of saying please and thankyou a little too excessively and I restrain my rage, but I still have this effect on people.

It is not as bad as it was a few years ago when I was much more out of it and would blurt out silly things. I admit I recalled my memories of that time in my rant there. Now people treat me like anyone else but they do it with furrowed brows or a raised upper lip. It is obvious I am not going to make any friends, get into a good college, get a good job, start a business or do any of the things that require more than the bare minimum from other people, I suppose I am not entitled to those things but when 99% of people can get them it is troubling.
>>
File: sb.jpg (72KB, 700x453px)
sb.jpg
72KB, 700x453px
>>34464197
>I suppose I am not entitled to those things but when 99% of people can get them it is troubling.
I'm good with most things, but socialization is the worst for me. I have to actively pretend to give a flying fuck what almost anyone is talking about, which makes it hard. But the worst is that I can't remember names and faces to save my life. I have some mental tic where faces and names aren't very important in my subconscious, and I have to use every trick I can get (name associations, repeating their names over and over both vocally and in my head, saying "Joe is the guy with the dark beard" to myself, etc.) just to get to where I can say "Hi, Joe" within a few days instead of saying "Hi" and awkwardly waiting for someone else to say Joe's name so I know what to call him.

>tfw worked with someone almost every day this summer, and six months later I don't remember his name
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.