[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't YOU MEDITATING!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: studious.jpg (10KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
studious.jpg
10KB, 225x224px
Meditation is the best thing that robots can do, it's better than any jewpills or jewtherapists. It can transform your life like it did mine.

You should really give it a try for at least 10 days, once every day, before dismissing it.
>>
How do you meditate then?
>>
>>34454535
do you have a smartphone? If so I can give you some apps that are truly great. If not, there are free guided meditations you can find online, or if you're into torrenting there is a great series of guided meditation by Jack Kornfield, who is considered an expert in the field.
>>
>>34454570
What are some apps?
>>
>they haven't taken the zenpill
>>
>>34454570
Just describe the basic gist of what you do.
>>
>>34454615
I did two apps, first is one called Calm, they give you a free 7 days of meditations, and then it's pay for the rest. Actually they have other guided meditation as well for free, loving-kindess, forgiveness, body scan, a few others. As well as timed meditation.

Another is Headspace, they give you 10 days of meditation before you pay for the rest but if you are into torrenting you can find the complete headspace meditations online.

If you are looking for free, Insight Timer is a great app with tons of meditations that are totally free. It is a large community as well with different groups. It's not as focused as the apps above, in that they kind of set a course for you, but it's free and like I said you can pick and choose what you wish to meditate to.
>>
>>34454717
The basic gist...and I've only done guided meditations thus far. It's primarily relaxation with breathing, counting breaths, learning to let intrusive thoughts subside. I've also done focused meditations such as ones that work on kindness, where as your meditating you use visualization of someone you love or maybe someone who hurt you, and repeat in your mind phrases of love and forgiveness as the instructor gives you during the meditation.
>>
>>34454768
>paying for an app
>not just running music in the background or enjoying silence

To each his own I guess.
>>
>>34454894
Well I never paid for the apps. Just used the ones they offered for free. I did download the entire headspace meditations through torrenting though and plan to go through those.

For me, guided meditation works better than just silence. It helps keep me on track, as I'm fairly new to meditation (been about a month).
>>
It would be great to get a Meditation Group on r9k where we can document our progress and encourage each other. Anyone interested??
>>
>>34454768
>free 7 days of meditations, and then it's pay for the rest

I think I remember the Buddah saying something like fucking pay me for peace and enlightenment.

You gullible fuck.
>>
>>34455030
Exactly...that's why I did not pay! And never would! But the free guided meditations that were free were quite good and I used them to get myself into the habit.
>>
I wanna try this. Does this really help?
>>
>>34455142
Yes. If you devote the time (10 minutes a day at least), it really helps. And you have to do it daily, don't skip. I'm saying this as a robot who started meditation and is now going off my anti anxiety drug and all my anti depressants.
>>
But I do meditate. I did a course on transindental meditation last summer and its probably one of the best things ive picked up
>>
>>34454513
but i am "meditating".
Actually its my own technique that i developed as a kid
>>
>>34454513
We are all already enlightened.

>>>/trash/7426418
>>
>>34456204
jerk off

original
>>
>>34454513

It's boring and sitting there doing nothing but thinking about not thinking just makes me really angry and frustrated for some reason.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.