[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happens after we die?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

File: sad_frog.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
what happens after we die?
>>
Life goes on, you just aren't part of it. Not that any of us were in the first place.
>>
all traces of you gradually fade away.
>>
>>34449200
This belief is just as likely as religion. Atheists spouting this nonsense is no different from religious people selling you an afterlife
>>
>>34449228
How have you calculated the likelyhood?
>>
everyone is going to be surprised
>>
>>34449244
You have to be alive to be surprised.
>>
I don't want to go back to non existence guys

I don't remember anything from before I was born

fucking hell guys, I just want to be alive forever
>>
Quantum immortality. You'll live as long as you have a chance of being alive. Not sure what happens when you run out of places to go though
>>
>>34449280
fuck off with your normie shit
non existence is the bast place to be i just hope reincarnation isn't real
>>
>>34449537
how do you know you weren't alive before you were born? how do you prove that?
>>
>>34449582
I don't that's why I said I hope it isn't real
>>
u go to heaven or hell anon

everyone knows this :^)
>>
you're going to be born as another person
>>
>>34449280
I agree with this guy. Hopefully the singularity is soon.
>>
>>34449182
we wake up
>>
>>34449487
Chance has to do with differentiating between different predictions. In actuality, there is only 1 way something can happen and that is the way it happens.
>>
You get forgotten and your body decomposes
>>
>>34449582
>how do you know you weren't alive before you were born?
I am my memories
If "I" was alive, but can't remember it, then that is simply a different person.
>>
>>34449182
You eat tendies with the big man for eternity. Free from the tyranny of wage slavery and chads.
>>
Nothing

Unoriginal
>>
>there's no experience after death
or
>you go to some afterlife
or
>you relive your life

i'm sticking with the stoic universe and the great conflagration. its comfy to live in the path of fate :3
>>
File: PortalThumb.jpg (18KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
PortalThumb.jpg
18KB, 300x200px
>>34449182
>tfw you became so bitter that you stopped caring about anything
>tfw your only joy in life becomes seeing others suffer and taking illegal substances
>tfw sabotage and attack people whenever I can
>tfw no consequences so far, people hated me before and german police is too stupid to actually do something.
>stole so much that it stopped being funny
>simply lie to women and men to use them
>lost virginity by blackmailing a roastie
>beat up a guy who sold me laced weed and reported him afterwards.

If there is a hell I will go to it
>>
>>34449886
Are you a tanned German or a real one?
>>
>>34449905
A real one, and I hate the tanned ones

Good thing about them is that they have no IDs, I once did beat one up and he couldn't do shit because he can't sue anybody
>>
File: 1482195683094.jpg (101KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482195683094.jpg
101KB, 960x720px
>>34449182
Every single synapse in your body releases its chemicals when you die. Your brain gets overwhelmed with every sensation your body and brain can experience. Given the number of pain receptors in the body, you're likely to experience atrocious pain.
Since the brain destroys itself moments after death, you're likely to get "stuck" with that overwhelming pain for as long as your perception carries on. The way you percieve time shortly before death could very well be altered, possibly leaving you in near-eternal agony.

You'll make nice dreams tonight.
>>
It's pretty fucking weird that life exists in the first place so who knows?
>>
>>34449182
you will never be in pain again
>>
>>34450030
>ywn bang a qt dog from behind while she's stuck in a wall
>>
>>34450143
> that .swf
>>
File: soi fong.jpg (79KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
soi fong.jpg
79KB, 900x720px
>>34449182
Do you know about Bleach. I realy hope it is as described in that manga.
>Reincarnation in a world where one could matter
>>
>>34450082
this I mean, what the fuck is happening? why do I feel conscious in this body? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?

I mean ok science and shit, but I can't for the life of me understand how I can feel alive, feel my fingers typing this message at this given moment. Why am I me and not someone else. The fact that YOU out there feel exactly the same, is mind fucking blowing to me. Just mind fucking blowing.
>>
>>34449182
I hope it's not reincarnation. I'm so tired of being alive, sleeping for trillions of years, if not for eternity sounds pretty appealing.
>>
>>34449228
>nothing
or
>magical space realm full of happiness and clouds
>>
>>34451584
>trying to make logical sense with a Trump fag
You're going nowhere, friend.
>>
File: lainsmall2.gif (4KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
lainsmall2.gif
4KB, 250x300px
In this System (Life), your soul gets shattered and you are kicked out of the System. Due to how Life is in a bad state right now, you would not be able to rejoin - you'll have to find a new System.
>>
>>34449182
Nothing. Being knocked out from anesthesia led me to believe it can't be much different. Your body senses nothing, time doesn't pass, and you remember nothing of it.

People who've died and been resuscitated have reported the same thing. Coming back is much like how an old computer turns on; each component of your body starting up while your vision slowly fades back.

Your body is a machine, life isn't fucking magic.
>>
>>34449182
Hopefully nothing. I dont want to exist ot think anymore
>>
>>34449182
the world gets rid of you
>>
File: insomnia.gif (45KB, 875x700px) Image search: [Google]
insomnia.gif
45KB, 875x700px
White. Everything is white, no object. Just blank space no sound. No emotion no life
all you can see is whiteness

you can't feel anything of 'when you had a life' even hunger not exist
>>
Maybe we wake up from a dream? What if we are living in a dream and when we die we wake up in another dimension?
>>
>>34451884
This, its like a dreamless sleep i would assume
>>
>>34449182
You return to the Abyss.
>>
>>34449228
Occam's razor is usually the most useful tool here, we've had countless people actually die and come back and most report nothingness. Too many assumptions to be made to proclaim that all of these people will go to some sort of afterlife or reincarnate after death.
>>
Death will feel like what things were like before you could remember basically.
>>
File: 1485016059389m.jpg (134KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
1485016059389m.jpg
134KB, 1024x732px
>>34449947
Based Dieter. Keep up the good work brother.
>>
>atheistfags claiming there isn't an afterlife when NDEs and OBEs exist

>hurr it's just caused by a delirious brain deprived of oxygen
Prove it.

People have astral projected for thousands of years, explain how your brain can do that.
>>
File: 1484385350128.jpg (21KB, 480x356px) Image search: [Google]
1484385350128.jpg
21KB, 480x356px
>>34451016
>this I mean, what the fuck
>Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?
>I mean ok science and shit
>Just mind fucking blowing.

If you want to talk like a red ditor then how about you go back to rebbit fucko
>>
>>34450030
ELABORATE BLEASE
>>
>>34453919
It is called lucid dreaming. If astral projection was a thing it wouldn't be hard to prove it, now would it?

Just have 2 people meet up while 'projecting' and then have 1 pass a recorded message to the other.
>>
File: 1484655107507.png (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1484655107507.png
61KB, 500x375px
>>34450257
mansplain yourself
>>
>>34454286
>he thinks a different dimension is an exact copy of our own dimension

And I've done both lucid dreaming and astral projection, and there is a very clear distinction.
>>
>>34452099
>Occam's razor
>ever good
How is a single person able to think it's good?
>>
>>34451016
>Why am I me and not someone else.

If you were then you would be asking the same question. The prime function of consciousness is understanding. Understanding is to differentiate between things. To make distinctions you need memories to use as reference points. Therefore no one is born conscious, but consciousness develops as time passes and you gain memories. In this way every consciousness is a world of its own, though sharing certain characteristics with other consciousness, it is ultimately isolated from all others.

The real question of interest is why a brain, that should function on a purely physical basis, same a watch or some other machine, would somehow cause any subjective experience at all.
>>
>>34454331
you are just a delusional person.
>>
>>34449182

We live.
>>
>>34454419
Nice argument, rtard.
>>
>tfw the only reason you're not athiest is because you want to believe that there's some place better than this
>>
>>34454437
Well you haven't made any argument yourself, so there is nothing for me to respond to.
>>
>>34454463
Calling someone delusional just because they have a different perspective on life is probably the most close minded thing I can think of. Next time just refrain from posting if that's all you can think of.
>>
>>34454533
I thought up a way for you to prove that astral projecting isn't just lucid dreaming.

You didn't respond to it. That is when I stated the plain truth, that you are a completely delusional individual.
>>
Everything becomes black
You dont feel anything anymore and are stuck in eternal nothingness
You can't think anymore

The end
>>
>>34454565
>the end

As far as most people are concerned. To truly care about others seems like an almost superhuman task.
>>
>>34454556
>You didn't respond to it.
Except for the part where I said they aren't in the same dimension.

You are free to think what you want, ain't no sweat off my back. I'm just saying that being close-minded just so you can have the pretense of feeling superior to ''delusional'' people isn't exactly going to help you.

Have a nice life.
>>
>>34454640
>Except for the part where I said they aren't in the same dimension.

So you think you leave your body and go to some other dimension, but everyone goes to a their own dimension.

It could be that they were just dreaming.
>>
>>34454681
No, if you astral project everyone goes to the same dimension. I've read a lot of stories of people meeting in the astral realm. Sadly I don't know anyone who can astral project irl, or I would've tried this out myself.
>>
>>34454348
Because its the best you can do without making shit up.

There is no reason to think the mind isn't a property of the brain. When we go to sleep, it seems as if our mind stops (and it doesn't even stop completly). When we lose consciousness, its even deeper. So imagine when there is absolutely nothing going on in your brain but organic decay. Why would it be different?

>muh OBE
Scientists are able to emulate that now, which proves its an entirely chemical experience.
>>
>>34449182
I fuck you're mom
>>
File: suicide.png (96KB, 503x229px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.png
96KB, 503x229px
you don't even know or care because you're dead.
>>
>>34454770
So it would be easy to prove it. Yet it has never be proven. This fact should make you think for a bit.
>>
>>34454952
This. There are random objects on top of shelves of many hospitals since the 60s, and no one ever described these objects after and out of body experience or astral projection, or whatever you call it.
>>
File: 132152624.jpg (24KB, 480x439px) Image search: [Google]
132152624.jpg
24KB, 480x439px
>>34454952
How if all evidence would be anecdotal?
>''yeah me and my buddy totally met in the astral realm''
''oh yeah prove it!''
>''we said hi there and he remembers me saying it''
>''post proofs!!!11''
>...

>>34455000
I said before that this realm isn't the same as the other realm. Is reading difficult for you?
>>
File: 1484748316992.png (260KB, 549x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484748316992.png
260KB, 549x403px
>>34449182
You probably just come back as an entirely new person, or an animal.. If you come back as a human, you have a high chance of coming back poor and starving.
>>
>>34449182
I've been thinking about it and have made lots of theories about it but most of them are based around what I like.
Here is a more "balance" theory I thought:
>be someone about to die
>die
>wake up in a empty bright-white room
>a person appears in front of you (not necessary God or Uncle Jesus but just a person,his looks are different to each person that dies)
>he gives you two choices
>One:if you feel like you haven't lived your life like you wanted it,he will give you a power to create anything you want using your imagination and spend time living here.
>Two:if you lived a full-filled life,he will bring you into the Nothingness,a place where you will slowly disappear and you will never ever come back again. You will be nothing,probably more then nothing. You will be an empty soul that has forgot who he was,from where was he and what was him.
>You can spend as much time as you want in this Imagination room and can even contact other dead people that still live in these Rooms but you can't meet them in person.
>if you ever feel like you got bored living your life in the Room,you can easily call the man back and go with him.
I know this sounds kinda cliche but least it's not a "Heaven or Hell" meme.
>>
>>34455115
Whatever you say. Many people claim the world they see in their OBE is the same as this one. That's part of the problem. None of yall is saying the same thing.
>>
>>34455346

That's why you should try it out yourself
>>
>>34455115
You just pass a message to someone else under observation. This way it wouldn't be anecdotal.
>>
File: 1435978541312.gif (824KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435978541312.gif
824KB, 320x240px
we can't wake up
>>
>>34449182
You get buried or cremated.
>>
>>34449182

Best part of dying is that you will never know you died.
>>
I don't care what happens. Honestly, why does anyone care? Nobody knows what happens. Anyone who is so curious might as well be an hero and find out.
>>
>>34454844
The thing which can't be explained is - how are action potentials changed into an image we see with our eyes, or sound we hear with our ears? Why do some neurons react by somehow making us see images, and some react by somehow making us hear sound?
You tackle neuroscience (and medicine in general) and philosophy like you're some kind of expert, when I can bet you don't know the basics of both.
Then again, this is /r9k/ and I am the biggest retard for actually expecting people who know what they're talking about to be here (this applies to 4chan in general too).
>>
>christcucks shilling their desert fairytales on /r9k/
Disgusting desu.
>>
File: 9326673093.jpg (78KB, 750x806px) Image search: [Google]
9326673093.jpg
78KB, 750x806px
>>34449182
You come back to the state you were before exiting. Might be anything.
As you may have noticed, what makes us stand as individuals is a specific personality that changes perpetually. When you were 10 you may have thing that kissing a girl is gross. But that changed. A new dopamine circuit got implemented, and you fell for it, just like everyone else, and now of us are desperate for sex because of this and the social stigma around late virginity.
Your brain is amazing but also clearly defined to be very similar to the core.
Sexual desires, social recognition, non-verbal communication, all of this works almost the same way for everyone.
Chemicals can change your perception, social pressure can change your thinking, and an unfortunate car accident can smash your 1.5 kilograms true self against your windshield and destroy it like it was nothing.
We are stuck right here, and there's no other way out. The only soul I'm willing to accept is my own subjective point.
>>
>>34449182
another part of your eternal dream will become your focus, form and reality
>>
>>34456749
No. You imply that there is an after, but after and before, linear progression, is a result of your memory.

Consciousness arise and fade away. It does not jump bodies.
>>
>>34456552
t. ahmed bin al-saladin
>>
>>34457006
What? So you think hes muslim because he thinks christianity is a fairytale? Typical retarded christfag logic
>>
>>34457668
t. redditcuck r/samharris lib virgin
>>
>>34457703
>haha I'm gonna call people random unrelated insults because they dont believe what I believe!

You sound like the libcuck here my friend
>>
>>34457703
I thought christianity valued virginity.
>>
>>34456749
This is probably the best response ITT
>>
You reincarnate. I almost died once and saw a trippy cat looking at me from the other side of the tunnel and the sky was in a weird color, then I went back in my human body
>>
>>34449182
Theoritically speaking, you just back to the earth.

If you've heard about the DMT theory, it can make a lot of sense. You die, a big combustion of DMT happens if your head to cope with it explaining the visions people see when about to encounter their final moment.

But understanding DMT is very strange... in the fact that it's in all living plants.

Your spirit may live on through the plants/shrooms peacefully.
>>
>>34455793
of course you will sort of know unless you're shooting yourself in the brainstem or you get knocked out by some gas, your brain shuts down one system at a time. you'll probably feel that it's unreal, or that it's happening to someone else, or just not care, but your consciousness gets destructed one bit at a time
>>
You are reborn as someone else at some point in history. You are literally every person who ever has and ever will walk the earth.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.