[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on La La Land?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Opinion on La La Land?
>>
>>34447711
Not the best movie of course but regardless of what /tv/ might say I thought it was a fun movie. It was pretty to look at and had some catchy tunes which was honestly what I paid for so I would say if nothing else it was worth the price of admission. I hate how everything has to be so hot and cold with everybody nowadays. Why can't you say something was just ok anymore?
>>
File: bye.png (64KB, 165x210px) Image search: [Google]
bye.png
64KB, 165x210px
Bye Bye Man?
>>
>>34447711
It's fun and the music's stuck in my head but that middle bit drags like a motherfucker.

I wanted more scenes like the Epilogue or A Lovely Night.

>inb4 Dishonest
Worst meme to come out of /tv/ in a long fucking time.
>>
>>34447711
>paying for romantic movie
waste of money because you cant relate to it.
>>
>>34447814
DON'T SAY IT
DON'T THINK IT
DON'T WATCH IT
DON'T PAY IT

DO NOT LET THE JEWS WIN
>>
>>34447711

it is shit and has a shit message. she marries into money and he stays single. it is an abomination of musicals tradition of happy ends. fuck that movie and fuck current hollywood vibe.
>>
>>34447864
It's a concept we needed a word for but the people who use it sadly have no idea what it means.
>>34447864
It's about the grand fantasy of it. You're deluding yourself if you think most normalfags ever have a hollywood tier romance.
>>
la la land? more like dishonest land
>>
File: CqN0_MkWAAIXY7Y.jpg (49KB, 960x848px)
CqN0_MkWAAIXY7Y.jpg
49KB, 960x848px
>>34447711
What the fuck is this? Why does everyone around keep saying these three words?
>>
>>34447920
I thought it was about them achieving their dreams just not with each other

A neat little reversal. That epilogue kills me.
>>
>>34447711
The City of Stars song was pretty.

I had some issues with the narrative and acting but overall it was alright I guess.
>>
>>34447937
I'll fucking kill you
>>34447942
Because it's a good film and you should download it when you can
>>
>>34447943

right, what a setup for a musical.

two people hookup while separately achieving their business/life goals. the end. fuck that. it's depressing and too current.

they should have made that love takes all kind of musical they used to make back then.
>>
>>34447925
>hollywood tier romance
It more like "you once had romantic experience and you can relate". I dont think that robots could relate that well to that movie.
>>
>>34447959
>Because it's a good film
Idk the title is kinda gay, so is the poster
>>
>>34447997
>Implying the love between a man and his waifu is any less real.
Doors that way normal fag.
>>34448006
And most robots aren't?
>>
>>34448029

they made that movie already it is called 'Her'.
>>
>>34447993
>it's depressing and too current
Which, that's kinda how I justify the 2nd act (the highlight of which being Start A Fire, a fucking John Legend song).

They were trying to make it so reality steps in, and the early days of the romance sort of give way to that. I'm not disagreeing that a happy ending would have been better, but I get what they were trying to do and they stuck to it.

Cafe Society did something similar though imo it did it like 10x better.
>>
can somebody spoiler all kind of shit about this movie? i need a way to ruin it for normies
>>
>>34448036
And he still got cucked. A true waifu would never do that. That movie depicts a bastardised version of what waifus are meant to be. Don't fall for this false propaganda waifus which are both loyal and pure are still possible.
>>
>>34448050
I mean it's a pretty simple story, the worst you could do is probably listen to the soundtrack beforehand so you're not surprised by anything.

But, if you insist...
The film's epilogue is Emma Stone and her husband who isn't Ryan Gosling going to a jazz club in the city. The husband goes in completely oblivious to the significance of the place, but the sign out front makes it clear: This is Gosling's club. They go in, Gosling and Stone make eye contact, and there's a great epilogue showing "what could have been". Movie ends with Stone walking out of the club, giving a longing smile to Gosling as she leaves.
>>
>>34448029
>Implying the love between a man and his waifu is any less real.
Whos the memer here?
>>
>>34448122
So gosling got cucked?
>>
>>34448029
>And most robots aren't?
Well, I am not.
>>
>>34448122
seriously, that's the biggest spoiler there is, gosling getting cuqd?

why do normans even watch this kind of crap
>>
>>34448137
Well then your the minority here.
>>34448125
Something's only as real as you believe it to be sempai.
>>
>>34448133
>>34448147
It's a simple fucking story guys, there's not a lot to spoil.

Honestly like I said all the spoilers are in the soundtrack. If it doesn't catch you by surprise it's just a little less fun.

A Lovely Night is the best number in the show solely because I didn't realize it'd be in there (well that and the choreography's pretty fun).
>>
File: 1478842326167.jpg (60KB, 536x800px)
1478842326167.jpg
60KB, 536x800px
>>34448187
what are you even
>>
>>34448198
I'm telling you all I know faggot
>>
>>34447711

Some girl told me about this movie because she knew I liked jazz music but after finding out it's basically a romance film, I kinda got turned off by that. Romantic movies are the worst desu.

Nevertheless I'm not sure if it's really about jazz or not. I could use a good jazz movie.
>>
>>34448524
I'll assume you've seen his other movie Whiplash. If you haven't, what the FUCK are you waiting for go do it NOW

Regardless if you like jazz Gosling's character is pretty great. Watching him explain all the little intricacies in this number https://youtu.be/nvZYVRDKskA is a thing of beauty. Reminded me of myself when I try and talk about film except it's Ryan Gosling so it comes off as less autistic and more "passionate".
>>
>>34448589

Of course I have seen whiplash. I loved it. But I haven't seen lala land because like I said, fucking romantic movies are a no go for me.
>>
>>34448187
jesus youre such a faggot

nobody heres going to watch this piece of shit go away
>>
The ending of this fucking killed me

;_;
>>
>>34447711
it looks gay, a friend of mine watched it then told me it was good. he told me the premise and i thought it was even gayer than before.
>>
saw it last week. very stylish and charming, but ultimately forgettable. like most oscar bait.
i'm autistic about musicals, so it's a bad sign that i can only remember one of the musical numbers.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.