[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is driving hard for a robot? Just gotta keep your foot on the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 16

File: automatic-car.jpg (48KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
automatic-car.jpg
48KB, 500x313px
Is driving hard for a robot?

Just gotta keep your foot on the break pedal to stop the car from rolling forward or back right?

D = drive

R = reserve

P = park

can't be that hard right?
>>
>>34445722
reverse*
>>
>>34445722
Driving is scary at first then years later you'll be driving like a professional madman
>>
>>34445722
I got my license on the second try the police man was very relaxed and i made jokes about my height and he laughed
I mever use my dads car since i dont have to go anywhere
Its prety easy op
>>
>not driving manual
>>
Motorbike is the true robot form of travel
>Nobody asking for lifts to places
>Free parking everywhere
>Storage enough for 1 (one) person
>>
>>34445779
>not driving automatic so you can hold a cheeseburger in your right hand on the road
>>
>Driving automatic
Jesus what are you
>>
I drove a car once, but i almost crashed it, it was parked in reverse, so when I started the engine, the car automatically went backwards, even though I didn't even hit the accelerator.........what the fuck happened?

Now I'm terrified to even try again. Was I supposed to put my foot on the break pedal to stop it from rolling back? I don't understand.
>>
>>34445793
Dis true tho
>>
>>34445800
>not being able to shift and drive with one hand

>>34445812
Automatics will creep forward or backward when they're in gear and the brake isn't engaged. Never take it out of park unless your foot is on the brake. If the car starts moving, don't freak out - gently push the brake again. If you accidentally stomp on the gas you could crash into something or someone
>>
>>34445812
>Was I supposed to put my foot on the break pedal to stop it from rolling back?

I think so, at least anytime I start a vehicle I always have my foot on the break until I switch gears and am ready to start moving
>>
>>34445812
>Was I supposed to put my foot on the break pedal to stop it from rolling back?
Yes. Always hold your foot on the brakes when starting a car just to be safe. It shouldn't have been parked on reverse in the first place, whoever drove it before you is careless.
>>
>>34445722
>D = drive
>R = reserve
>P = park
>can't be that hard right?
quite lying, there are only 2 pedals there
>>
>drive manual my whole life
>driving gfs car for the first time
>laugh at her for driving auto
>out of instinct while driving 100km/h I shift the automatic stick down to shift gears
>hellish grinding from under the car
>gear stick vibrates violently
>gf has to replace gear box

Hmmm I'll stick to manual thanks
>>
>>34445722
I lost control at a 100k
pulled some miracle cluster fuck steering and avoided a serious fuck show but scared the fuck out of myself from driving so now i don't drive i hate it don't even have a license anymore.
>>
>le manual superiority complex

fuck off you fucking normalfags, majority of cars on the road are automatic, get the fuck over yourselves.
>>
>>34445945
>majority of cars on the road are automatic
only in 'murica
>>
>>34445954
everywhere actually
>>
>>34445908
Had something similar happen to me

>driving friend's car (automatic)
>For some reason I want to change gears
>Stomp hard on what I thought was the clutch
> was actually the brake
Thankfully no one was behind me
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (83KB, 748x421px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
83KB, 748x421px
>>34445722
>D = drive
>P = park
>R = reserve
>DPR
>Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea?!?
Nice try Kim, better luck next time. North Korea BTFO
>>
>>34445945

You can drive an automatic but should at least know how to drive a manual, you're not doing yourself any favours
>>
I get confused fairly easily, would I be dangerous on the road? talking mainly in areas where theres lots n lots of cars.

When I go out with my old man in the car I pretend I'm driving and I start to get confused at where I'm supposed to go.

I aced the driving test on first try, but I just get confused in built up areas, too much shit going on for my brain to process.
>>
>>34445722
>got driver license as soon as i turned 18
>literally one week after my 18th birthday
>knowing that it costs 100s of euros, i told my dad beforehand that it was a waste of money, since i never go anywhere
>dad says he wants me to get it anyway because it's going to eventually be useful and it's his money so i don't have to think about it
>i eventually get my license
>drove my dad's car once shortly after getting my license

I'm now 23 i haven't touched a car ever since. I honestly don't think i remember how to drive.
>>
>>34445995
The average Joe has an IQ of 100 and enough processing capability, to be able to drive well into their 80's if not 90's.
These things fall on a bell curve, in other words if you are capable enough to write a sentence or two you should be able to drive just like the rest of them.
>>
File: 1464832228795.jpg (30KB, 513x307px) Image search: [Google]
1464832228795.jpg
30KB, 513x307px
>tfw wondering what other drivers behind me think of me based off of what my car looks like and how I'm driving
>>
>>34445722
>not driving on country roads in the middle of the night playing the "no brake" game to see if you die or not.
... just realized am I depressed? This is probably the only joy I have in life. The only time I feel emotion now is in near death experiences..
>>
>>34446087
you ll do fine. its like swimming or riding a bike. it feels strange for like 2 mins until your brain recognizes that it used to have program for that somewhere in its storage room. you then go autopilot.
driving school is mostly about learning the rules, after all.
>>
>>34446141
...it never ends

Unless your driving at night, then you're free
>>
>>34446143
I much prefer the "turn off your headlights" game on country roads at night. It's spooky AND dangerous!
>>
File: hindenburg_1.png (577KB, 850x468px) Image search: [Google]
hindenburg_1.png
577KB, 850x468px
>jason genova drives

I dont think anyone here has an excuse not to drive
>>
>D
>P
What are those supposed to actually be? R is reverse, but the others aren't gears.
>>
>>34446196
I do this too :DDDD

But still enjoy the brake game better, have also tried drifting a little bit and am getting slightly addicted, the only problem is I don't really want to hurt anyone else so if I drift around a corner or drive without headlights and kill a functioning member of society I would feel pretty bad.

That's why I like the brake game better because only I would die so it doesn't really matter
>>
Not for me but I'd imagine for some robots the idea of driving is terrifying because you are in a position to get hurt seriously or hurt others just as bad.

Some people can't cope with that kind of thought.
>>
>>34445722
robot or not this is fucking pathetic. If you're unable to do this then kys, basic mechanical and reactional operations in life won't save you
please kill yourself. you'll at least entertain someone for a good couple minutes if you do, more than anything else you've evvver accomplished in life
>>
>>34446474
>basic mechanical and reactional operations in life won't save you

what does that even mean?
>>
>>34446521
mechnical - deceleration/acceleration at minimum. mayve clutvh unvolved if you're cool or euro, but no one here is really.
reactional - dont crash?unlesss strategic insurance frauf for your desperate neetbux.

yeah i made no sense whatsoever previously, idk if I did now. I'm drubk whats new
>>
>>34445812
>parked in reverse
how? My car doesn't even let you take the key out of the ignition unless it's in park
>>
>>34446609
the keys were still in the ignition
>>
I remember when I saw that episode of the amazing race where they had manual cars, and this was way before I knew that nobody in america knows how to drive a manual

Holy shit did I have a laugh fest when these american contenders were in tears about not being able to drive stick and constantly managing to fuck up while crying about it and not being able to move forward and how they were all falling behind.

Let's face it you can not say you can drive unless you can drive a manual as well and not just an automatic gear box
>>
>>34445722
Driving itself isn't hard, it's watching out for everyone else on the road that's hard. You have to have complete situational awareness at all times otherwise you end up bumping into something causing at least $1000 in damage
>>
File: chtf.png (14KB, 576x422px) Image search: [Google]
chtf.png
14KB, 576x422px
>>34446141
are you me, perhaps?
LET GO
>>
>>34445722
It is for me, I have troubles with turning the wheel...
>>
>>34445945
>>34445958
I live in finland and I can assure you 90% of the cars here are manual, due to taxing and costs, manuals are 1/3rd cheaper than automatic ones and the only people who use them are people rich enough to buy expensive luxury cars, or the elderly. In fact an automatic is considered a shameful car in here if you're not an old person, it's like telling people you are not able to change gears.
>>
>>34445800
Hopefully you die in a car crash.
>>
File: luke skywalker.jpg (49KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
luke skywalker.jpg
49KB, 323x323px
>there are people who drive automatics
>there are people who don't feel the satisfying clunk of shoving a gear stick into place and feeling the engine respond differently
>there are people who can't do wheelspins
>never get to feel like a pro driver as you ram it up a gear
>can't stay in a low gear for added acceleration and extra VRUUUUM noises

Why do people with two arms and two legs even drive automatics? What benefit is there? They cost more and are harder to repair. Not to mention that if you pass your driving test with an automatic, you can't drive a manual.

It is literally not even harder. You just use your spare hand/leg to do the extra stuff.
>>
File: 1483189003359.png (221KB, 1571x1641px) Image search: [Google]
1483189003359.png
221KB, 1571x1641px
>>34445722
>no clutch

Such a pussy OP
>>
>>34445800
>Not being able to eat a burger with one hand and steer with the other, and keeping the steering wheel in place with your knee when changing gears
>Not being able to operate your blinkers and lights and the stick and the wheel and the pedals with just 1 hand and 2 legs while holding and eating a burger no matter where you are on the road
Get on my level scrub
>>
File: 1422752230789.gif (475KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
1422752230789.gif
475KB, 499x374px
>cagers.
>>
>all of these robots whos only marketable skill in life is driving manual even though it absolutely no longer matters whatsoever shitting one people who drive automatic

Like clickwerk
>>
>>34447127
There's no need to be that salty if you can't drive a manual

It's real easy, just try and learn
>>
>>34447138
There isn't any reason to drive manual in this day and age.
>>
>>34447085
>Not to mention that if you pass your driving test with an automatic, you can't drive a manual
This, which is why where I live you are forced to learn driving with a manual.
>>
>>34447166
>There isn't any reason to drive manual in this day and age
If you're American.
>>
File: 1473400293955.jpg (82KB, 628x444px) Image search: [Google]
1473400293955.jpg
82KB, 628x444px
>Two pedals
>D, R, P
>Not 1-2-3-4-5-R
>Not having a clutch
>>
>>34447166
Easier and funner to do burnouts and drifts?
>>
>>34447212
What is that even implying. Automatic systems are more fuel efficient for 99% of drivers as it is. Buying manual is merely buying as some kind of fashion statement.
>>
10 speed transmission is coming
manual is a dead meme
i get wanting to shift gears for enthusiasts, but why the fuck would you want to deal with that shit every single drive?

i text and drive, eat and drive, fucking youtube and drive, and im still better than most of the fucks out there on the road.
>>
>>34447221
>easier to do degenerate shit that actually doesnt matter
Shouldn't you be in your backyard breaking an office chair with an axe or something stupid and destructive like that?
>>
File: dog.jpg (29KB, 275x303px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
29KB, 275x303px
>dude why don't you drive a manual like all the other e-alphas lmao
Am I the only one who can drive manual but just doesn't want to because it's a pain in the ass in gridlock traffic and when taking off from a hill
>>
>>34447227
Almost everyone here drives manual where I live.
>>
File: 1443487549610.jpg (56KB, 926x960px) Image search: [Google]
1443487549610.jpg
56KB, 926x960px
>>34447166
>there is no reason to drive a car that costs less, is cheaper to run, and gives the driver more control
>>
>>34447240
Just curious, where are you from? Because it seems like the driving culture is very different where you are... Ausfag driving an E30 here btw
>>
>>34447166
Cheaper, cheaper to maintain, cheaper to fix, more fun to drive when you can decide when to change the gear instead of having a computer do it for you, more control over you car, more control over your speed, faster and better than automatic in the right hands, ability to drive older generation cars, being able to drive anything if stuck in a shit hits the fan situation
>>
i wish i knew how to drive straight shift

id really like to kbow how to drive a mack truck
>>
>>34447243
>it's a pain in the ass in gridlock traffic
No it's not. It's easier. Keep it in first gear, pull away when there is a good bit of distance, and let the engine run on tick-over. You literally do nothing except let the car cruise along. When you are coming to a stop, drop the clutch, take it out of gear, and let the car coast to a stop. Don't even need to use the brake.

>and when taking off from a hill
No it's not. Just put the gas down and control the car with the clutch.

An automatic is harder on a hill because the car controls the clutch and gas on one pedal. The car doesn't know you are on a hill. With a manual you know you are on a hill, so you floor the gas and let the clutch do all the work.
>>
>>34446151
>its like swimming or riding a bike.
No it isn't. There's so many fucking rules and laws to follow. It is nothing like swimming or riding a bike.
>>
>>34447252
Sorry you live in a third world shithole I guess.
>>
>>34447253
>cheaper to run
This is false
>more driver control
The only control is gives is more chances to fuck the car up by user input errors.
>>
>>34445722
Failed by test twice but got it the third time.
It gets harder the older you get, so ideally you should be getting a license as soon as your country permits it.
Been a few years and now driving feels absolutely normal.
Manual or automatic, practice and time make both easy. You have to be a slobbering retard to not be able to do it. Especially automatic.
Driving is probably one of the most robot activities you can learn. Driving out to isolated middle-of-nowhere places and just enjoying the quiet, that's comfy shit senpai.
>>
>>34447293
>No it's not
>No it's not
I know you're too autistic to realize your life experiences aren't the baseline standard for everyone's life but automatic is literally easier for me on hill starts than memeual.
>>
>>34447293
Hang yourself, you people are the reason technology is slowing down.
>>
>>34447322
No, I live in the most prosperous country in Europe, guess which one.
Also
>burger
>not living in a third world shithole
>>
>>34447354
T. Guy who has absolutely no idea how manual cars work
>>
>>34447354
>This is false
No it's not. Automatics have more parts, which means you need to buy more, and there is more to go wrong.

>The only control is gives is more chances to fuck the car up by user input errors
How can you fuck it up? It's second nature. Saying, "HURR WELL YOU MIGHT NOT SHIFT PROPERLY" is fucking stupid. I can say "HURR WELL YOU MIGHT PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE AS YOU'RE DRIVING". But you won't do that, because you're not retarded.
>>
>>34447389

>not understanding that progress of technology will rob all of the jobs in life.

Where is the point where technology goes too far?

technology is slowly robbing humans of their executive control.
>>
>>34447372
>in my experience the car that is objectively worse for hillstarts is actually better
Look mate, maybe if you can't drive a manual, then an automatic would be better on a hill start. But if you can drive both manuals and automatics, the manual will be better.
>>
>>34447389
>you people are the reason technology is slowing down
So what? If the new technology is worse than the old stuff, then why would we want it?

Why would I have an automatic when a manual is cheaper and better?
>>
>>34447464

i meant it will rob all of the CONTROL in life

Brain cancer takes its toll.
>>
Drive manual you American Yankee doodle-do sum'va bitch
>>
File: 1410787691799.png (427KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1410787691799.png
427KB, 640x481px
>>34445958
if you say so
oregenalo
>>
>>34447233

Neck yourself, people like you are the reason burgers can't drive for shit
>>
>>34445722
>live in 3rd world country, north Argentina, rural area, inb4 white
>be an agronomist, have to travel dirt and mud roads everyday, used to mudding.
>Only time in life driving auto, brand new VW Amarok pick up from company, stuck in a tiny mud.
>tfw a 1980 toyota hilux had to pull me out.
>whitin a year all of brand new automatic pick ups, had broken gear box
>pic kinda related, worse worse mud, even toyotas got stuck
>>
>>34447085
>when the neighbors complain about you staying in 2nd too long and it's too loud

:(
>>
>learn to drive
>get car
>have minor accident, car gets written off
>no car
>have to buy new car
>too scared
>see this thread
>>
>>34445722
Nigga, thats a fucking automatic
>>
>>34445908
Thats next level embaressment
>>
>>34447411
Finland?
Origineeels lime editions
>>
File: 1481574972513.jpg (200KB, 872x664px) Image search: [Google]
1481574972513.jpg
200KB, 872x664px
>tfw dad teaching me to drive manual in his 2014 spotless corvette he bought earlier this year
Christ it's like being 15 and not knowing what I'm doing all over again, fucking terrifying
>>
>>34447484
>better
That is inherently wrong.
>>
>>34448847
So what? We're all 15 years old mentally.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.