[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be weird to start a journal? I suppose you could it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Would it be weird to start a journal? I suppose you could it a diary, but I always felt like that was a more feminized version of it. I would just call it a journal, I've been thinking about writing down my thoughts or just how I'm feeling each day. I don't know really why I want to start doing it, maybe because of crippling loneliness. I feel like writing down my thoughts or feelings might be some sort of catharsis, I keep thinking it might help me feel less lonely and perhaps keep my emotions in balance.

Sometimes I get angry at things, and I have nobody I can talk with, or vent to. Venting on the internet isn't good enough, some people might be sympathetic but others will just berate and bash you for it. It's not really a cathartic experience.

I figured if I write a journal, at least I won't be judge for what I put in it by others since nobody else would be reading what I wrote. The whole thing sounds kind of silly, and I'm not sure if it'll work but I'm willing to give it a shot. Lately it's just been getting to the point where I want to talk about things going on in my life, and I really have nobody to do that with. I have my parents, but maybe I'm wanting someone my own age to walk with, you know? Seems like it can be hard to talk about your feelings with people who have lived twice as long as you compared to someone around your age. But I digress, as I said my overall purpose of the journal would hopefully provide me a cathartic experience, and a place to vent if need be. I've read that sometimes writing down one's thoughts can have such a calming effect. Some people draw, paint, play music, write poetry, and songs when they're upset. I'd assume just simple writing falls in that category as well, I'm sure there is some psychological effect to it. The transmitting of what one is feeling into words, and you know they'll be private so it's not as if you have to worry about what you write or say. I feel like it'd be a good way to vent emotions.
>>
>>34445162
Hey OP. As a pretty anxious and depressed person, Journaling is honestly an invaluable tool. You can use writing to think and process your emotions and you can also read it later which helps you to learn about yourself. I say do it. I advise getting something you can carry around easily so it's always on hand. Otherwise you may not use it and will forget about it. I used a small moleskin to get started Journaling after my roommate died 2 years ago and it helps.
>>
sounds like you already decided to start a journal on r9k
>>
>>34445191
>I'm too much of a retard to read long posts so I'm gonna complain about it instead

I bet a 500 page book would be impossible for you, idiot. And if you didn't care what I had to say then why post? I doubt you actually read what I wrote, and if you did then you're complaining about nothing.

>>34445177
Well I was just going to write on my computer, I suppose I could write on my phone. I have that Notepad app, that could work I suppose. But I can't have my phone out at work, so If did start keeping a journal it'd have to be on my days off, or when I get home from work. I find it kind of silly to just start writing in public, I suppose I could on my phone.
>>
I think it's a good idea. It could help you form a tie with reality, by examining everyhing and writing it down. Could help against a lose of identity.

Might also motivate you to make more interesting choices to fill your journal with.
>>
>>34445162
I've found the hardest part of keeping a journal is writing in it even when things are uneventful and then you fall out of the habit of it when things are eventful, and then i've gone through things where i felt i didnt need to write it down as life is just a temporary experience which doesnt always need to be written about. i usually end up destroying my journals methodically on purpose as i use to destroy any records about myself that i could access as i felt none of them were beneficial to me and it really didn't seem like anyone whom might acquire them would have good intentions from going over or studying things about me
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.