[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monastery

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: monkpepe.png (188KB, 234x352px)
monkpepe.png
188KB, 234x352px
Ask a catholic monk in learning anything.
I don't have internet for much more time but i will try to answear your questions

>tfw still struggling with strong sexual urges
>>
>>34438737
Is it worth it? Were you molested? What do you hate about it?
>>
>>34438737
What is the hardest part of your path to sainthood?
>>
>>34438828
>Is it worth it?
Considering that my only options were wageslaving in McDonald's or in some miserable call center yes. It is worth it. I live comfortably, almost free of responsabilities, etc... The first days are the worst because the feeling of being isolated kicks in heavily but after some time, the praying, meditation, lectures and so on become so comfy and almost cathartical that you don't notice it anymore.

>Were you molested?
Nah m8. There's no molestation here. That stuff usually happens with secular priests

>What do you hate about it?
Well... for an ex-avid shitposter i miss the internet life and sometimes i miss the turmoil of the outside world
>>
>>34438945
Actually giving up into the faith 100%
Notice that i never gave much fucks about religion before.
I mostly joined in so i could live the NEET lifestyle and since i would probably never have a meaningful relationship i made the step
>>
>>34438737
Im considering on pursuing priesthood, are there any tips to self persavation and chastity?
>>
File: norway4.jpg (518KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
norway4.jpg
518KB, 1920x1200px
>>34438737
don't you think death is a better choice?
>>
>>34439006
The fact that you will be leaving in such a spiritual enviroinment surrounded by men without almost 0 internet will help you a lot. A real lot i dare to admit.

>>34439020
Nope. Life as a monk is quite beautiful. It's so peaceful and quiet yet you can feel the tiny little details of the living world.
It's a feeling you can't get when you are dead
>>
>>34438737
Dont worry about the sexual urges. I'm not going to be a priest but I am abstaining, mostly on recommendation from a professor I had who was a priest. You're a better man than me for devoting your life to the faith, God bless you
>>
>>34439079
so which order did you join
t. polish catholic
>>
>>34438951
>Considering that my only options were wageslaving in McDonald's or in some miserable call center yes. It is worth it. I live comfortably, almost free of responsabilities
>>34438980
>I mostly joined in so i could live the NEET lifestyle
You're a pathetic coward.

t. Catholic
>>
File: 1482808551121.jpg (87KB, 882x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482808551121.jpg
87KB, 882x640px
>>34438737
I was thinking of doing the same myself, but have no idea where to start. Any pointers?
>>
>>34439315
You call me a pathetic coward while i comitted myself to God and the sake of the spiritual life?
In my opinion, it would be easier to wageslave in the real world but life would be absolutely meaningless.
Here i am fulfilled.

>>34439249
I don't know how they are called in your language but we are associated with the order of Cluny
>>
I'm seriously contemplating doing this, but not yet. Maybe in 10 or so years.

Was it hard to get in? What's the process to be an apprentice like?
>>
File: Church.jpg (2MB, 5373x3538px) Image search: [Google]
Church.jpg
2MB, 5373x3538px
>>34438737
I've thought about doing this as well, but as a form of escape from the world. Do you think its a wise move for a 19 year old to commit themselves to such a life just to avoid others? Also which country are you in?
>>
>>34439636
dude if you want to join an order where you don't work with people it will probably mean ~8h of praying a day
>>
File: monk.jpg (19KB, 250x181px)
monk.jpg
19KB, 250x181px
Sorry guys but my time is up
If you have interest in becoming a monk i advise you to talk with your local priest (assuming you live in a catholic country)

This is a step of responsability. Think really carefully before taking it.
About the difficulty i know for one thing that orthodox monks have it way harder than us.

Those guys are freakin hardcore. I think they genuinely go insane when they hit their mid 40s
>>
>>34439541
>You call me a pathetic coward while i comitted myself to God and the sake of the spiritual life?
No, you became a monk because you wanted to remain NEET.
>>
>>34439684
I'm not opposed to working with others, but more so escaping the social games you have to play in most professions and places
>>
>>34439636
Not OP, but no.

Monasteries are places of worship, not escapism.

If you want to escape the world there are plenty options. Depending on how much you want to remain in materialism.
>>
File: America.jpg (621KB, 1024x1545px) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
621KB, 1024x1545px
>>34439693
Thanks bro, I appreciate the info. Have a good life.

>>34439726
Any suggestions? I'd like to say that living a non-materialistic life would be okay for me, but I haven't known anything except it.
>>
>>34439792
Well it also depends on whether you also want to lose all responsibility and rid yourself of all money.
>>
>>34439721
I dunno what are you on about man, do you think monks have freedom to just sit and chill all day? it doesn't work like that
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.