[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using gaming headphones

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: 1485472001752.jpg (18KB, 480x360px)
1485472001752.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Stop using gaming headphones
>>
neat, those are my headphones on the left.
except I wouldn't class them as gaming headphones in the slightest, they need an inbuilt mic for that stupid shit.
>>
>>34435151
To me, "gaming headphones" are headphones that are specifically made to be cheaply mass produced and sold somewhat expensively as a "gaming" brand. Of course, most retailers try to make their products as cheap as possible to produce, but "gaming" headphones are usually built to a really low standard, as most of their value comes from their brand. Good examples of this are HyperX, Turtle beach, Beats (even though they're not thought of as "gaming" headphones). Alright headphones, but at an absolutely outrageous price considering what you get. In reality, i think most people use these because they might see professional players or "celebrities" use or promote these, so they might think there's a value behind them, because a certain person likes those headphones.
In reality, it's usually as simple as "those look like they're good", since most people don't feel like spending the little amount of free time they have, researching what they should buy. This is also why people are so fond of Apple, despite them having proven they'll fuck the customer over any day, if it means just the slightest increase in profits. People see the brand, it's easy, it's good looking, and famous people use it and they usually have enough money to throw away on it anyways. So yeah, in the end, not everyone cares as much as you'd might think, about how good the quality of the sound is or how pricey it is compared to other, less advertised, brands. This can also be seen in the steep increase of price in Sennheiser headphones. When Sennheiser became the absolute top of the headphone industry, their brand became self-advertising, since everyone knew what a pair of Sennheiser-level headphone meant quality-wise. Since their brand was suddenly incredibly known and respected, they could suddenly ask a lot more money for their products. In this way, gaming headsets usually are so expensive. Not because they're respected or seen as a good brand, but because their budget was mainly branding
>>
File: comfypepe.jpg (27KB, 500x286px)
comfypepe.jpg
27KB, 500x286px
>>34435401
What type of headphone should we get than? PC headphones?
>>
>>34435151
got the same but in all black
light and comfy
best i ever had
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (94KB, 500x750px)
varg-vikernes.jpg
94KB, 500x750px
>>34435126
You dropped your Varg
>>
>>34435453
It's interestingly enough the brands that do the least branding that are actually the best. It's usually a sign that they're competing with quality alone, not just advertising. Sennheiser headphones are naturally really fucking good, but they're also expensive as shit. I usually reccomend Audio-Technica, since they're at the top of the class when it comes to headphones. When it comes to in-ear headphones, Soundmagic makes some great headphones.
Bose is also high class, but is more and more becoming a high-profile brand, which means, it's getting more and more expensive.

Basically, the more you see the brand doing advertisements, the more they'll have to take for their product, which means they can spend less on quality. My advice is to find a brand that does a lot of hardware showcase, but not much advertising. If they're eager to show what their ware can do, rather than just show what their ware looks like, it's usually a sign of good quality
>>
>>34435401
>To me, "gaming headphones" are headphones that are specifically made to be cheaply mass produced and sold somewhat expensively as a "gaming" brand.

I'm mildly ok with that classification. But neither of the headphones in your pic are sold as "gaming" brand, infact I know specifically the one's on the left (Superlux HD681's) are made as a cheaper alternative to AKGs for their soundstage and obviously to make a profit and offer alternatives, which is just good old economics. They're also pretty handy in the fact you can 'mod' them to improve their quality very easily, but that's irrelevant.

Headphones either made for consoles (and sold for a fucking arm and a leg because they're made for consoles) or that come with an inbuilt mic are named "Gaming" headphones. Anything else is just headphones.

I do agree entirely to stop buying gaming headphones, though. They're always overpriced, break easily thanks to an inbuilt mic and are mass produced cheaply for maximum profit off'a children who want their parents to buy them shit.
>>
File: v-moda m100.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
v-moda m100.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
who /m-100/ here?
>>
File: 1481253815629.jpg (126KB, 633x988px) Image search: [Google]
1481253815629.jpg
126KB, 633x988px
Clueless consumer here. I like music with heavy bass, any audiophile wanna recommend me what they think the best headphone for this is?

inb4 beats
>>
>>34435619
whats it like being 13?
>>
>>34435659
whats your budget retard?
>>
>>34435607
I didn't post the original thread. They don't seem like "gaming" headphones. Too little unnecessary plastic and logos.
>>
>>34435732
if they are huge and ugly like that then they are gaming headphones... sorry kiddo.

Normies want style and good sound.
thats why beats is so successful.
>>
Razer Kraken Pro here. Sometimes my ear hurt.9/10
>>
>>34435579
Well it looks like soundmagic has been doing a bit of advertising if you know what I mean : ^ )
>>
Superluxes have awful synthetic sound with a massive treble spike and tons of sibilance that just becomes dull if you eq it down.
>>
Still don't know if I hate or love my Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma yet. I've had the headset for over a year. Actually, they're alright for the price point.
>>
>>34435619
still the oldest pair of headsets i have ever owned they are like 5 years old
>>
Headphones are for me at least the most accident-prone hardware, and I just don't feel like spending much money on them since no matter how nice of a set of sennheisers I get they'll last me three months tops.
I want something that's super disposable and just good enough to get the job done.
>>
File: ae4v-800.jpg (54KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ae4v-800.jpg
54KB, 800x600px
If you own anything besides a pair of these then you have shit taste and wasted your hard earned cash.
>>
>>34435941
Also they can be the cheaper i30's. Works just about the same for $50-70 headset. Real comfy and last long.
>>
>>34435941
those are for kids, garbage...
literally overpriced plastic trash.
>>
File: hd558.jpg (126KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
hd558.jpg
126KB, 640x427px
>tfw you already rock HD558s
>>
>>34435757
>>34435812
i don't know why you insists on trying to be right by using condescending language on an anonymous messageboard. Guess that's what happens when you have nothing better to do
>>
>>34436060
>posting about his headphones on the same forum
>nothing better to do
I just called you out on what i suspected was an advertisment post/thread.
If you're not advertising I don't know what you're so pooper peeved about : ^ )
>>
>>34435659
Fucking nigger get the fuck out.
>>
>>34435619
I've always found theses sound better on my cdjs, even if they're old
>>
File: th (4).jpg (7KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
th (4).jpg
7KB, 300x187px
>>34436023
T.poorfag

Stay butthurt. Enjoy those shitty $3 earbuds.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.