[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early 2000s Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: lan.jpg (82KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
lan.jpg
82KB, 640x472px
Who else would give anything to go back to the early 2000s and experience life as it was back then?

Where did it all go so fucking wrong?
>>
>>34434669
Normies destroy everything they touch.
>>
File: rage_incoming.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rage_incoming.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
The very first game I got addicted to. I was 5 years old. Few years later, Splinter Cell.

What was your first favorite game from the early 2000s?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLN-5AV3WRY
>>
First it was 80s fags then 90s fags now it's 00s fags

But really the decade doesn't matter

You don't miss the 2000s you miss being a kid
>>
>WHOM else would give anything to go back to the early 2000s and experience life as it was back then?
>>
>>34434669

>early 2000s
What a garbage era to be nostalgic about.
>>
>>34435176
I don't think the 2000s were more superior than any other decade. Of course I realize that my brain plays a part in how biasedly I percieve my memories.
>>
>>34435527
remember the music back then??? NIGGAS NIGGAS NIGGAS, MOTHER FUCKUS MOTHER FUCKUS NIGGAS.
REEEEEMIXXXXXXX
YAYUHH OWWKAAAY
>>
Late 90s up to pre 9/11 is the height of human optimism. Everything since has been a cynical mess. Honestly would love a huge war to break out to restart the whole thing again.
>>
>>34435656
>yes we need a war. everyone should go to war now!!! not me though.. just you guys. we need this.
>>
File: 1466928784096.jpg (1MB, 2222x2590px) Image search: [Google]
1466928784096.jpg
1MB, 2222x2590px
00s were such a fog of happiness and dread
>>
>>34435736
I would happily go to war, lad. That shit we have in the middle east now isn't a war though. I want total misery to throw myself into. Piles of bodies and a generation of broken young men.
>>
>Warm summers
>Nothing to worry about
>School was fun that time those early grades
>Going to swim with brothers and parents
>Dad throwing you to the lake and doing funny dad stuff
>Mommy yelling to be careful
>Brother jumping to the lake
>Barbecue and stuff
>Mom making cakes and always yelling not to stay up too long just because its summer
>Watching late night movies with dad and brothers

Oh those were the times, everything was great. Why did my life turn so shit guys? If I could turn back or even just relife those times I would give all my property for that
>>
File: 1476690614339.jpg (306KB, 723x1104px) Image search: [Google]
1476690614339.jpg
306KB, 723x1104px
>>34435176
yep, it's not just a coincidence this thread is about the early 00's rather than the early 90's, cmon guys...

we can reminisce about the 00's without acting like they somehow are inherently better than the 90's or 80's or 2010's
>>
>>34435656

>the 90's
>height of human optimism

What with Columbine happening and the media circus that was the Monica Lewinsky scandal?
I was in highschool back then - it was shit. Serious low point for music too.
>>
>>34434669
>Implying the early 2000s wasn't fucking garbage
>>
File: 20160902_143151.png (1MB, 1226x787px) Image search: [Google]
20160902_143151.png
1MB, 1226x787px
>>34434669
runescape was so goood back then. fuck i miss it. i miss being 6 and not having to care shit for the world. just logging in and adventure
>>
>>34436601
I'm playing Runescape as we speak, you should make an ironman, even RS3 ironman is fun desu doesn't have to be old school RS
>>
>>34436689
it just isn't the same

the community from the golden age has moved on
>>
File: 9NwK2iK.png (88KB, 525x458px) Image search: [Google]
9NwK2iK.png
88KB, 525x458px
>>34437835
Yeah I get that. 2004-2008 Runescape was definitely the golden age.

But it can be fun again if you approach it as a new experience, not an attempt to relive the past over again. I dunno. I'm a NEET who plays the shit 16 hours a day atm though lol. Twice as much as I ever did back in the golden age.
>>
>>34437955
i'd love to go back to it if i had more free time at this point in life
>>
>>34435176
>>34435922
I do think that there's something to that to a certain extent, but at the same time, to say there aren't differences between the decades is somewhat disingenuous, especially with regards to a child's perspective.

Removing our own personal biases, compare the experience of children in the 1930s to children in the 1920s, then compare that to children in the 1940s, then again to children in the 1950s. Vastly different experiences, truly.

There are unique experiences in all of them, and depending on the country you're in and the timing, something may or may not appeal to somebody.

I do agree that it's non-objective for the most part and blind nostalgia, though. If a child from the 90s were hypothetically placed in the 80s, they'd probably have been just as happy.

I think people would be insane to not pick to be a child in this day and age, though. The sheer possibilities and access to endless digital entertainment, as well as easy access to stuff created in the past, makes it an easy choice. Trump babies are the luckiest babies yet, if you ask me.
>>
>>34436063
Early 2000s through 2008 were objectively the best.
>>
File: 1474454899980.jpg (34KB, 470x310px) Image search: [Google]
1474454899980.jpg
34KB, 470x310px
>>34438388
>I think people would be insane to not pick to be a child in this day and age, though. The sheer possibilities and access to endless digital entertainment, as well as easy access to stuff created in the past, makes it an easy choice. Trump babies are the luckiest babies yet, if you ask me.

I agree that kids today have it better than it's ever been before in their access to what we typically view as entertainment, but we'd do well to remember this is a rather one-dimensional perspective of what it's actually like to be a child and develop into a teenager then an adult. One has to consider the culture these kids are surrounded by, the things adults around them talk about - or in one simple word - the zeitgeist. Granted, kids may have an easier time being mindlessly entertained right now, but are they being set up for future happiness better than their predecessors?

My only substantial anecdote that I can use to answer this question is my brother who is 13 years my junior. He has had a cell phone since he was barely out of his toddler years, whereas I didn't have one until I was 16. I didn't use the internet until I was 13, and he never experienced the internet before YouTube existed.

Anyway, point is, he just doesn't strike me as someone entering their later teens at a lucky time period. We live in an America where Donald Trump just became president, and that's going to shape his outlook on things a lot, I suspect.

Idk, I'm literally stream of consciousnessing now so I'd better end my post here.
>>
>>34435768
hopnestly I would have preferred shit like Zork! over most of those shit flash games
>>
WISH WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

original blox plox
>>
>>34439151
i still have that phone
>>
>>34440337
Gotta get back in time
>>
Do you ever think people in 1847 were like, "Man 1830 was so awesome! Life sucks now!"
>>
>>34441028
I was way too stubborn about moving from a keyboard phone to a touch screen smartphone. I was years late getting on that train.

>>34441110
I was just reading about that time period in the United States and it blows my mind that people used to own other human beings as slaves. Anyway, yeah, they probably saw things as quite different in those time periods even though now we look back and they're not very distinguishable at all.
>>
>>34434740
Runescape =)

Oregano
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.