[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

decided to go to a shrink since i have been suicidal for way

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1449960582428.jpg (123KB, 720x562px) Image search: [Google]
1449960582428.jpg
123KB, 720x562px
decided to go to a shrink since i have been suicidal for way to long now.

any tips on what i should and shouldnt say to the psychiatrist? dont wanne get locked up in some assylum or some shit, i also would like to avoid being put on meds.
>>
>>34432602
>dont wanne get locked up in some assylum or some shit, i also would like to avoid being put on meds.
Then just stay home
>>
>>34432629
well with pills i could live but fuck being locked up in a assylum, atleast pills you can hide from your family, once you get put in constraint my whole social circle (how small it may be) would know of my mental instability and i would be treated the rest of my life like the manchild i am.
>>
>>34432602
i dont think he'll lock you up, looking for help on your own is a very telling sign that though you have suicidal thoughts you wont actually commit suicide. so its not an emergency and he wont lock you up
he might try to put you on meds. just say from the start you dont want meds and you rather just sort it out through therapy
he will probably ask a lot of questions:
about your family life
about your studies or work
about your relations outside family
about since when youve been experiencing suicidal thoughts
how often do you have them etc.

by the end of the first or second session he/she will probably have a diagnosis and he'll be able to help you
just be honest
>>
>>34432602
>Don't mention wanting to hurt yourself or others in anyway
>Don't mention doing drugs illegal or not (they probably won't script you if they know you're a druggie)
>Don't mention any weird obsessions or fetishes you might have
Most likely unless you disregard the first point he can't lock you up.
>>
>>34432802
>Don't mention wanting to hurt yoursel
i disagree, his main problem is precisely that he wants to hurt himself, that's why he's going to the psych in the first place. the psych will take into account that he voluntarily seeked help

>>34432802
>Don't mention any weird obsessions or fetishes you might have
psychs can shine a light about why he has said obsessions and fetishes, it might even help with his suicidal thoughts
>>
>>34432802
>>34432745

would i be able to say i have made plans for killing myself just as a backup, and if this psychiatry thingy doesnt work out i will carry out my plan?
>>
>>34432876
>would i be able to say i have made plans for killing myself just as a backup, and if this psychiatry thingy doesnt work out i will carry out my plan?
better not to say that. he might commit you. saying you have suicidal thoughts is enough
>>
>>34432874
>>34432876
If you tell them you want to kill yourself you will get locked up in the hospital. They won't let you leave if they know you're a danger to yourself or someone else.
>>
>>34432602
What you need is an opiate prescription, not a psychiatrist.

Opiates have made my life a million times better. All the antidepressants in the world wouldn't compare to a single Oxy.
>>
>>34432900
theres a nuance between "i want to kill myself" and "i have suicidal thoughts". i told my psychiatrist i have suicidal thoughts straight away and he didnt commit me
>>
>>34432895

thanks for the advice.

>>34432901
idk hear a lot about the side effects of pills, i mean i would be down to try it but i rather be constantly depressed then being absolutly emoitionless, i kinda hope the effect are just a meme

>>34432930
how about i want to kill myself sometimes but have suicidal thought pretty much every day, what would his reaction be to that?
>>
>>34432965
>how about i want to kill myself sometimes but have suicidal thought pretty much every day, what would his reaction be to that?
basically what i told my psych. things went ok for me
>>
Just tell them your problem but dont make it seem like a big deal. They will understand.
>>
>>34432901
Preach. Opiates make me feel normal...well, a better version of normal. I become excited about things, more intelligent, creative, motivated.

If I could get a prescription, it would improve my life to a ridiculous degree...but because it costs so much, doctors hoard it and give zombie pills out instead,
>>
File: 1480435053318.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480435053318.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
You are going to a practitioner of a pseudoscience who earns their income by convincing you that you need their help. They don't care about you, they chose a lucrative career rather than volunteering on a suicide phone line. Open up to a friend or relative, at least then you know they don't have a financial agenda.

You'll also forget a stronger connection with someone in your life if you confide in them and for me that really helped. If you carry on not telling your loved ones anything and instead pouring time, money and honesty in to a shrink you won't actually change anything except your bank balance.

If you are worried that if you tell someone you know and care about these things they will ostracize you then they aren't worth caring that strongly about.
>>
>>34432602
>I want to kill myself, let le epic shrink save me

Western society became so pathetic it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>34433275
well thats the thing i told it to one friend when i was extremely drunk, we talked about it later and told me he would try to help me but he insists on me seeing a psychiatrist

>>34433322
well its woth a shot isnt it?
>>
>>34433400

My immediate reaction to that is that your friend is a coward but that's none of my business.

It seems to me you want to see the shrink and are looking for other people to tell you its the right thing to do. I'm not going to do that because the half life of therapeutic methods and psychological theory is so short that in 10 years everything this person learned will have given way to more short-lived bs but that's just my opinion. Do whatever makes you feel like you are taking a step towards helping yourself, just don't expect miracles
>>
>>34432901
>>34433273
opiates can make you feel great at the time but the withdrawals are horrible
forming a habit like that is like heaven and hell
seems nice while it lasts but ultimately a bad decision if you care about the future
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.