[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever quit playing multiplayer vidya? I've realised

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: fps-collage.png (845KB, 959x519px)
fps-collage.png
845KB, 959x519px
Anyone here ever quit playing multiplayer vidya? I've realised just how many hours I've wasted on these sorts of games, and every time I start them up I just feel a sense of guilt for all the time I'm wasting.
>>
>>34428733
i only like learning games
once i have seen everything i get bored
>>
>>34428733
play a real game and not some casual bullshit that wont give you any real uses in life. IE playing a moba to have good and eye contact, have a good 'strategic' mind set. the list goes on.
>>
yes. I loved the shit out of competitive FPS games. CS 1.6, CoD1, CoD4 promod (1.5k hours in that bitch), all that stuff. really smacked people around on insurgency as well. now I'm just enjoying a bit of terraria and the settlers IV from time to time and I try to channel my energy into stuff that helps me in the long term.
>>
>>34428757
What do you mean by learning games?
Discovering their intricacies? Or do you mean puzzle games?

>>34428768
I didn't really want this to be a discussion of whether or not vidya is a waste of time, moreso if anyone has quit playing and their experience. Although, I'd have to disagree that MOBAs are beneficial/give you skills that have real use in life
>>
File: IMG_0269.jpg (59KB, 388x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0269.jpg
59KB, 388x286px
>>34428733
FPS multiplayer games are the only games I find enjoyable. They aren't much of a time waster for me since I'm not much of a gamer.
>>
>>34428793
What sort of stuff do you occupy your time with now instead (other than the listed vidya)? Was it hard to quit? Did you simply stop playing one day?
>>
>>34428800
learning how it works in general
mechanics, tactics etc.
unlocking new things, checking all maps/scenarios
depends on a game
barely ever I go beyond 20h
>>
>>34428733
I actually feel the opposite. I feel major guilt and even pain thinking about all the hours I've wasted playing single player games (mainly Elder Scrolls and stuff of that ilk) over and over again. At least with Multiplayer the experience will be very slightly different every time.

Though I stopped playing most of the games in that collage long time ago, they all sort of blend together now. The only really good online shooters right now are Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch
>>
>>34428733
I literally have been at least top 1000 in every CoD WaW-Ghosts CoD 4 I was like 7000 in my peak. I have spent probably around 350 days in game on all of the CoDs. I stopped playing when they added jetpacks and shit though it ruined the games for me. I started playing LoL and Dota while I usually am around diamond 3 in LoL and 5k mmr in Dota they just aren't as fun to me as CoD was in its prime.
>>
>>34428883
>Overwatch
while I agree it's pretty fun to play
it's total garbage from competitive viewpoint
>>
Elder Scrolls 6: Akavir, will have a multiplayer ''arena'' death match mode where you can fight against your friends or compete online. You will have to navigate your inventory via hotkey
Other than that, the single player will be a classic elder scrolls experiences about an Akaviri invasion

-Bethesda developer
>>
>>34428983
With the new advanced combat system, these death matches will be amazing. There is nothing quite like it, the fights are spectacular
Thousands of spells, weapons and methods of combat, all so functionally and visually unique to play with. This will be the best versus experience in video game history, in my honest opinion.
>>
>>34428840
it didn't happen cold turkey, but it certainly wasn't hard. I'd say it progressed naturally, basically because of two things

>the old feeling was gone
the guys I used to play games with kind of decided to bite the bullet and just play recent titles after a long time of us being bored with nothing cool to play. I still can't stand mostly anything made after ~2011 so I didn't follow them to overwatch, Diablo 3, WoW and all that stuff and just played the older games by myself. of course, playing UT99 or Rise of Nations alone is going to get really lonely when you're used to fucking around with the crew so I just decided to let that rest. stuff like that made me realize that the things I used to enjoy weren't timeless after all. games die, bonds wither so that was a good eye opener.

>my fucking GPU got fried
yeah no trickery there. was wrecking on some shitty free to play FPS (I think warface) with a 4.0K/D when my screen suddenly went on an LSD trip. rebooting didn't help. I knew that if I'd buy a nice new GPU and some other parts I'd make it really tempting to just play stuff again (even though I didn't like the titles that are currently played), so I've been on my onboard since last year's september. it keeps me in check. not even minecraft or battlefield 2 seem to run. mobo and gpu were both from 2009 so yeah.

>What sort of stuff do you occupy your time with now instead
i try to do more school stuff but I keep failing miserably. i've noticed crazy improvements in my guitar playing and production skills though. truth be told, kanal4 took up a fair bit of that time as well. still, it's still some interaction and sometimes discussion can get interesting so that's not necessarily a bad thing. also I've got a girlfriend and I drink daily. the drinking is one of the bad ways I've decided to spend my newly acquired time, careful with that.
>>
>>34428983
shit i haven't finished Skyrim yet
>>
>>34429026 (You)
It will even have unlockable races for the versus mode, even Daedra and classic elder scrolls charecters to play as. Such as Mankar Camoran or Dagoth Ur

We included this versus mode to commemorate the superior combat system and to an extent the original concept for the Elder Scrolls
However don't think we will spend any less time making the normal game any less amazing. It will be the most advanced RPG of it's time
>>
>>34429170
You still have at least a good two years
>>
>>34429101
Thanks for such a thought out reply. Yeah, I fear drinking and substance abuse might get the worst of me with all my newfound free time if I do indeed decide to quit. Your transition seems like it was quite smooth, and occupying your time more with schoolwork and practical hobbies like instruments appears to me like a better way to spend one's time.

I'm still doubtful about whether or not to commit to quitting but your post at least showed me that it's not all bad when you do quit.

Do you regret quitting? Do you ever feel like going back to it?
>>
It's been the reverse for me. Mostly spent my time playing single player RPGs or weebstuff. A friend got me a month of xbox live for free and a copy of black ops 2 last year and haven't really stopped, doing at least a few hours a day even though I sort of hate playing it by myself instead of split screen like i used to do with dad.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.