[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET Life is the Absolute Worst

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

I hate being a NEET.

Everyone treats you like you're inferior. When you go to job interviews, they ask you - without bothering to hide their disgust - "And why haven't you been able to find a job?". And you wish you could tell them that it's because of people like the them that you can't find one, that think you're "overqualified" and that something must be wrong with you for trying to apply.

I've recently stopped applying to jobs because I cannot stand it when the interviewers say to me: "Why are you applying with us? You have your degree, so why aren't you working in your field?"

It makes me extremely depressed and makes me come this close to having a nervous breakdown. It reminds me of how much of a failure I am. It also makes me realize how out-of-touch these fucking HR managers are. Why the fuck do you think I don't have a job in my liberal arts field? Because there's too much competition and not enough positions - no, I don't think I'm "overqualified", and would I have applied to your shit position unless I wasn't interested?

Fuck, I hate being alive.

Don't ask for my God-damned major.
>>
File: afterlife pepe.png (315KB, 531x502px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife pepe.png
315KB, 531x502px
I'm 26 looking for a job without experience. It's going to be tough and it's going to be a lot of rejections on the way. But you know what? I'm going to be out here applying, applying, and applying. It's time to start winning anon. For too many years I've slacked, but it's possible to get back on those feet and move forward. A lot of good things happen when you try.
>>
File: Hell_forever_and_ever.jpg (104KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
Hell_forever_and_ever.jpg
104KB, 413x310px
>>34428816
>A lot of good things happen when you try.

I've been unemployed since April. All that time I applied for all sorts of positions, and never got anything. When I held the only job I had, I hated it, and would apply for other positions. Sometimes I'd get really close to getting something, but I never got anything.

After graduating from uni, I would never even get called back.

My job experience consists of some ~8 months of being a clerk in an office in 2015-2016, and I got fired from that; the rest consists of maybe 7 months of being an unpaid intern back in 2014.

That's all I have. Too little to even be considered for an actually decent position, and too "much" for a menial position (seriously). I've been rejected from warehouse and retail jobs because the idiot interviewer would find out about my degree from college one way or the other, and then it would just devolve into this "I'm just curious... why exactly are you applying here? Can't you find a job in what you studied?"

I've also applied for a ton of jobs that required tons of steps: multiple exams, multiple interviews, fitness tests, security clearances. I applied for Customs, and had to go through so much stuff (the process lasted more than a year), like a written exam, two physical exams, a medical test, two interviews, a polygraph test - and just when I thought I was about to get it, they tell me "Sorry, your uncorrected vision is not within minimum requirements - you're disqualified." The same for a number of city jobs I've applied to (a clerk with the Court, a warehouse worker with the city's inventory dept.): tons of exams, tons of interviews, and they had me waiting for months. Two times I made it to the final interviews, and almost got the jobs, only to get turned down last minute.

Good things never happen to me. I just have the worst luck imaginable. I have friends who put less effort into their lives - who have no degrees, who flunked out of school - who are doing better than me.
>>
>>34428816

> A lot of good things happen when you try.

If you live in a city or something I can definitely see being able to bounce from job to job fairly easily, but I'm a rural shitsack town with a near 50% unemployment rate. I've been applying for literally any position in every store, restaurant, and everything in between for almost the entirety of that time, and have gotten exactly nothing for my efforts. I know i'm not entitled to employment or anything, but I feel as though SOMETHING should have come of it after all this time. I'm 32, i'm getting older and more irrelevant the more time passes. I don't even know how to opperate a cell phone/smart phone, I still use a windows xp computer from almost a decade and a half ago. I don't know what to do anymore. The only thing I have going on in my life is taking care of my mom since my dad died a few months ago and she's slowly losing her mind. I know it's my fault I'm stuck in this place, but it's just as hard when nobody bothered to teach you anything. I'm scared and alone and I can't figure up any way this situation is going to end in any way but offing myself after mom dies.
>>
>>34428718
Leave your degree off your application and if they ask just say you don't have one, you'll get a job soon enough.
>>
but /r9k/ says NEET life is the best?

muh wagecucks and all that. was it just a meme?
>>
>>34428718
IKTF it sucks farts
I had a job. It was minimal wage job but it was happy. Feels like living for something and could buy shit i want.

But i'm fired and feels like being wasted.
>>
File: a_million_little_edges.png (343KB, 1087x1300px) Image search: [Google]
a_million_little_edges.png
343KB, 1087x1300px
>>34429179
>Leave your degree off your application and if they ask just say you don't have one, you'll get a job soon enough.

That's even worse, because then I have a three year gap between high school and my only job.
>>
File: gook_bush_ambush.jpg (59KB, 457x401px) Image search: [Google]
gook_bush_ambush.jpg
59KB, 457x401px
>>34428718
Are you some kind of super retard? Who wrote your resume? Oh, you?

So you can.. change it?

If you're applying to shit-tier jobs, just don't mention college anywhere, or say you dropped out to take care of your sick aunt. Then not only will they have the good kind of pity on you, they'll understand why you're applying to their shit-tier job.

just because you have autism doesn't mean you have to be retarded
>>
That's not the true NEET life, you're describing a wannabe wagecuck life. True NEETs don't apply for jobs or go to interviews, cuck boy.
>>
File: angry_cuck.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
angry_cuck.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>34429328
>If you're applying to shit-tier jobs, just don't mention college anywhere

That's fucking stupid, and I already said why. Now I have a four year gap in my resume where I didn't do anything, that was only briefly punctuated by an eight month job.
>>
>>34429470
Then join the military faggot, Jesus I can tell why your a complete fucking failure. Holy fuck you have the luxury of having a fucking degree and are making non stop excuses. I don't even fucking know you and can see you faults. You failure because of your shitty fucking attitude. You're not willing to do the necessary things to get ahead. You'll never be anything and are a disappointment to your family. Your a waste of time. Stop complaining and do something.
>>
>>34429353
this

In order to have a fufilling neet life you have to stop wanting material things like a job and money. I've accepted the fact that these only bring more suffering, and lo and behold i don't feel depressed anymore.
>>
>>34429328
Do you not know what Autism is?
>>
Being a NEET is only good for the 1st year. Then the mental disorders start kicking in.
>>
>>34429470
In the same boat, op. I just graduated.

Been thinking about teaching overseas, but then again I'm autistic and agoraphobic so I'm not too thrilled about going through the entire application process and spending around $5000 for startup costs just to fail and get my shit fucked up.

Sounds like a normie Chad career path, not the route for a robot who just smoked weed and played vidya in college.
>>
>>34428718
last time i looked for employment i went on 12 interviews. not a single call back, at this point i felt even useless to society why should i try for them or anyone they wont even give me a chance. I also hate life
>>
>>34429470
So tell them you were caring for your dying mum or helping to cure aids in africa. No one cares.
>>
Being a wagecuck is a lot worse.
>>
File: 1485255598529.png (112KB, 298x213px) Image search: [Google]
1485255598529.png
112KB, 298x213px
>>34429470
JUST LIE U FUCKING RETARD

WHEN I WAS A NEET AND DIDNT WORK FOR LIKE 2 YEARS BACK IN 2010 I JUST LIED AND GAVE THEM MY PARENTS AND AUNT'S NUMBER AND TOLD THEM TO SAY I WORKED WELL

fuck all of u are so stupid. they dont teach critical thinking in school. i mean even though i dropped out atleast i was smart enough to realize you just lie about everything

personality, expreince, education. i told them i graduated hs, had relevant work experience and used my dad's company, i was great, this and that, used several resume creators and picked the nicest looking one but i mixed it a bit, etc etc

fuck dude, if you cant lie about every single thing then you cant get a job ever. you think people get work by being honest? its all a fucking joke. my dad used to be a top programming contractor to the government, and he mostly just sat arround and didnt do much work. he lied about everything and made up his education, saying he had a phd when he only had a bachelors

ESPECIALLY in the work force, EVERYONE LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING

god u people are D U M B, maybe thats why you cant get any work :^)
>>
>>34429001
Pack all your stuff and move to the city. Drive for uber then move to community college then uni. Major in finance or do a coding boot camp thing. Save all your pennies through school
>>
>>34431382
Thanks, I'll remember this. Been out of work since October. If I don't get an internship this Summer, I'll make sure I fill that in w/ something decent. At least I'm studying a useful STEM degree, and have the money to build a PC or something similar, unlike OP.
>>
>>34431534
i GUARANTEE IT, if you understand the field you want to work in, and learn to lie and bullshit and apply a lot, you can get a job without any degree

and once you have experience thats real you are more valueable to employers than grads with no experience

that shits all a joke, just understand what you are going for and LIE. read stories about how people got a job at difficult to lie in places. like dudes studied everything relevant to the job they could. job required lots of education and experience, dude just fakes ALL of it, and just casually slips into the job. REAL education, they dont teach you shit in school.

lying is probably the most vital part of working honestly. but dont ever slip up and admit you lied

i remember one time a job i had in a call center one group-team-manager asked me casually "you did work there, right?" in a poking jabbingly friendly way hoping i would just casually admit being a fraud

"yeah of couse, we did those activities in my past job too, it wasnt too difficult"

dont trust anyone
>>
Theres more to life than jobs, money, internships, the rat race, etc.

Use the time you have while you are NEET to seek help and also enrichment in your own life

Volunteer, pick up a sport or a hobby, go to therapy, heck even go to church. Seek goodness in your life outside of fapping/vidya/weed
>>
26 NEET here, I don't see myself ever working a full time job. I am currently working 4hours, 3 times a week to retain my welfare and honestly 4hours is enough work to stay sane.

I hope I could find something I can do alone for money but don't have any solid ideas yet.
>>
>>34428718
Sounds like you making excuses rather than taking what you deserve, the job market is heavily saturated and it's not a person attack on you if you don't get hired.
>>
>>34431625

This is true you even hear about the occasional doctor getting busted after 5 years of working in a hospital when it turns out they don't actually even qualify to work there and faked their papers.
>>
>>34428718

>Everyone treats you like you're inferior

Because you are.
>>
File: kekek.jpg (32KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
kekek.jpg
32KB, 413x395px
>>34428718
>NEET
>overqualified
>>
>>34431640

Have to say this is true if you are NEETing with a solid welfare and you manage your finances so that you even have extra spending money you start to realize that theres no reason to work for more money because it won't really bring you any happiness. Most of this shit is mental problems and society is so focused on consuming.
>>
>>34431723
How are NEETs inferior? I graduated with 3.5GPA majoring in chem engineering and now have no job, are you saying that grocery store cashiers are better than me?

Nobody is "above" anybody else, if you think so then youve been brainwashed
>>
>>34431834
Nigger,

Income> No Income.

At least he's employed.
>>
>>34431834

Well the economy in most of europe and america is actually kind of declining right now there are less and less jobs, automation is about to grab a bunch too. Also people are staying in jobs longer before retiring (in my country atleast) which takes even more positions away from the new entrees into the job market.

I think we are starting to hit a point where we will never see even close to 90% employment ever again.

Yeah peoples attitudes are shit this guy would probably look down on cleaners and garbage men if he had a comfy paper pushing job even though they are more important for society to function than he is.
>>
>>34431983
Are you the same guy who can't get a girl because the statistical odds are against you?
>>
>>34428718
don't include your degree on your resume if you're working low tier jobs dumny
>>
>>34428718
>hur dur I apply for something not in my qualification and could apply where my degree is useful
>get asked why
>crawling in my skin

Kek. You're a piece of shit.
>>
>>34432205

No I am a person who is very comfortable chilling on welfare and have no interest in even trying.

The odds are not against me I could probably find my place in the workforce wherever that maybe if I put alot of effort into it but again not really interested.
>>
If being NEET is so great why are you insufferable faggots always so miserable?
>>
You fags need to stop taking job searching so seriously. You should just apply to anywhere, everywhere. Write up some bullshit resume. Write up a hundred of them and just spam the fuck out of some faggot's inbox. If they are stupid enough to call you in for interview, just fuck it up, fuck it right up. Don't even try. Dance around with your pants around your ankles until security tazed you if they have to. Normalfaggots need to learn their place.
>>
>polisci degree
>wasted college drinking and partying
>internalized that it was a forgone conclusion I was worthless
>left degree of resume
>used myperfectresume.com to craft nice resumes
>stretched tenure of jobs that were only 3 month stints to 2 years
>got stocking job at target
>worked there for 9 months (so far)
>waiting on background check for 16$/hr merchandising
>have gotten calls back from other places.

If you have a useless degree just erase the memory of it and pretend like it never happened. I had grandiose visions of being a diplomat or a foreign service officer. I realized that social anxiety doesn't go well with any of that.

So I squared my expectations with reality and now I'm trying to move up into supply chain management from the bottom. Do I regret getting the degree? no shit, but there's no reason to dwell. I only have 40k in debt and I will aggressively pay it off ASAP once I have a decent job.
>>
>>34431694
>I am currently working 4hours
>NEET
Then you're not a NEET you fucking retard.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.