[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to overcome intense self-loathing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 44bb152ba62e680151ed4ec06e02b648.jpg (333KB, 1200x890px) Image search: [Google]
44bb152ba62e680151ed4ec06e02b648.jpg
333KB, 1200x890px
How to overcome intense self-loathing?
>>
File: hikki.jpg (205KB, 1280x1024px)
hikki.jpg
205KB, 1280x1024px
learn to have no regard for a world that has no regard for you
>>
>>34427680
Buddhists believe that suffering comes from the gap between how things are now, and how we long for them to be. If you can remove your desires, and accept and enjoy every moment for what it is - not what it could be - you will achieve happiness.

You are a worthless dweeb. Your self loathing fills the gap between what you are (W D) and what you wish you were (a useful member of society). To eliminate your self-loathing, you simply need to apply the teaching of the Buddha, and accept that you are, and will forever be, a worthless dweeb.

You wouldn't get angry at a mole for being unable to fly, would you?

Expectation management.
>>
>>34427680
Just bee yourself bro.all it takes is confidence
>>
>>34427760
Fuck Buddha.
>>
>>34427760
This seems like pretty solid advice but would you ever be able to accomplish anything at all if you just accepted yourself for who you are? What if OP wants to be that successful person who goes out and this self-loathing is a way to kick start him into working towards reaching it? I don't think anyone would be able to accomplish anything at all if it wasn't for suffering.
>>
>>34427752
Holy fk anon
That's so deep
>>
>>34427822
If it does, then great - if it doesn't he is needlessly making himself sad.

I mean, to be honest I was just being a dick, but I guess the actual answer is that living in the present doesn't stop you planning for the future. You could (in the present), be actively planning for a better, happier future - that's awesome, give it all you've got. What is bad is to be constantly distracted by hypothetical longings or desires which take you out of the moment.

In the second scenario you aren't really living, you're fretting, and suffering for no reason.
>>
Ignor the beeeeee yourself cucks in this thread, OP. The way to overcome self-loathing is to become someone whom you no longer loathe. I'm sure you could reel of a list of reasons that you're a total piece of shit and hate your life. In fact, do it. Then once you have your list, work on altering or improving each one.
>>
>>34427680
focus on productivity
limit the time spent with assholes in your life
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.