[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to fail this semester due to lack of participation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1c6.jpg (25KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1c6.jpg
25KB, 515x600px
I decided to fail this semester due to lack of participation due to overwhelming sadness, depression and fucked up sleeping patterns.

Next semester starts in 7 weeks. How can I fix these issues before next semester starts? fixing my sleep times is a must, and I need to get my depression under control.

What's your advice /r9k/?

I already lift and do cardio and eat healthy, so please don't advice that, I've done these things the last 6 years and they don't really help that much.
>>
File: boatsunrise.jpg (349KB, 4368x2424px) Image search: [Google]
boatsunrise.jpg
349KB, 4368x2424px
>>34423918
I have this on the class schedule that I look at when starting out this semester.
>TOMORROW AND PLANS FOR TOMORROW CAN HAVE NO SIGNIFICANCE AT ALL UNLESS YOU ARE IN FULL CONTACT WITH THE REALITY OF THE PRESENT, SINCE IT IS IN THE PRESENT AND ONLY IN THE PRESENT THAT YOU LIVE - ALAN WATTS.

As much as you wont like it, the only thing you have control over is now. Go to fucking class, jesus christ. Its not that hard to just be present there. I guarantee you will learn at least something if you attend. Try not to think about how much shit you have to learn each semester, take it one day at at time.

When homework is assigned, do it that day. Don't wait until the due date to do it. Do it now. Get it over with. Then if you need assistance, you have time to get that help.

You can't control depression. You just exist in it. You say, yes I am a depressed fucker today, who gives a shit. Let it pass because it will eventually. It always does. It may come back, but not every day is a shitfest. The important thing to do is to keep the shitfest days under control using discipline and good study habits, like doing things right away.

It took me having to be placed on suspension for student aid and facing the possibility of never returning to have this sink in. You either suck up and do it or drop out. Stop using depression as a scapegoat for poor discipline.
>>
Professional help, most here will tell you it doesn't work but do you have anything to lose? if you're scared of pills just go to a psychologist only psychiatrist give pills.
>>
>>34423999
This semester ends in 3 weeks for me, 2 major assignments are due tomorrow that are worth 45% each followed by an exam after that worth 40% the following week.

I am screwed these classes. I cannot pass them now.

Hence why I decided to stop now (there's a 4 week break in between the semester) which leaves me with 7 weeks total to fix my fucking shit.
>>
haven't gone to class or done any assignments all week lol
failed last 4 semesters in a row lol

don't have the willpower to pass classes (or even attend) but don't know what else to do with life so will probably just keep doing this until they say enough is enough

28 years old btw
>>
>>34423999
>>34424041

Also _ I forgot to mention - I normally do all my assignments WEEKS in advance, to stay on top of things. The depression hit me hard this semester, which caused me to basically not do anything, so trying to do these assessments last minute has failed. I simply can't do these things last minute, I need to have them done weeks in advance to hand in.
>>
>>34424058
Racking up all that hec's debt brah? You on AUSTUDY i assume?
>>
>>34423999
checked.

I would also like to add that college takes time. I know that I have to literally plan in time to get course work done. I even plan sleep and free time in. College is more of a time management exercise than anything.

You maintain the time to do regular lifting and eating healthy already, carry that discipline over into your studies.

>>34424060
This semester is probably a wash then. Just redo it next semester, its not a big deal. I got a DUI when I first started at my college and it amplified my depression and I ended up with a semester of all withdraws, which fucked my financial aid up.

Things happen, learn from them and move on. If your depression is that bad, try talking to an on campus therapist. Talking makes me feel foolish personally, but it does help to just be able to have someone else listen for some. They are free to students so what is the harm in trying.
>>
>>34423918
I advise you DO NOT go on depression medication if it comes to that. I suggest you do good research into that shit before you consider that route. It will become very abudantly clear that it will do MUCH more harm than good
>>
>>34423999
>>34424077
>>34424122
This thread has a plethora of gets, kek is on our sides
>>
>>34424131
Not my experience. Also, lets not discuss medication. It will probably cause the thread to disappear. talk through that shit with your doctor
>>
>>34424122
Appreciate the advice man, thanks. I know I fucked up this semester, it's my fault for letting this mental shit to get to me. I usually score 75-85% on all my assessments in the last few semesters, so this semester was really fucked for me. Parents also told me to just forget about it and fix my sleeping patterns and get back into it next semester.

>>34424131
I'm afraid these medications would fuck with my lifting, so I've avoided them for a long time.
>>
>>34424077

Don't know what the fuck AUSTUDY is, so I am guessing I'm not on it.
>>
>>34424217
How have you failed 4 semesters and not been removed yet?

What country are you in?

Austudy is the neetbux for mature age students in Australia aged 25+
>>
>>34424161
they will make your poop soft and your dick softer. And those are the milder side effects
>>
>>34424158
last thing im going to say about it, but if your doctor gave you an ssri (lexapro, sertaline, celexa, ect) they have been shown clinically to do no better than a placebo. If you doctor gave you one of these drugs, it was to patronize you into leaving his office so he can deal with people who have real problems
>>
>>34424232

I'm in US.
Before I began my failing spree I was a straight A student, my GPA is iron tough. I was 3 semesters away from getting my EE degree when this started. My GPA is still at a 2.5 and I can still get a lot more F's before it goes below 2.0.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.