[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1477007968491.jpg (67KB, 500x739px) Image search: [Google]
1477007968491.jpg
67KB, 500x739px
I'm 20 years old and have never had a job. I need money and want to move forward in life but I have no experience.

I'll only be applying for jobs like waiting tables and stuff

What the fuck am I supposed to even put on my CV? Should I just lie about having past jobs and not having been NEET for over a year?

Also i'm not "bubbly" "outgoing" and all that other shit, but should I just lie and say I am?

I have never been in any clubs or societies or done anything outside of school of any accomplishment either, but my grades were at least above average.

Am I fucked?
>>
>>34420218
>you will never be Len Dawson
I hate you for making me feel this
>>
You're going to have to start at the very bottom. Look for low tier jobs that say "meet in person" so you can explain you never had a job before and you're looking for somewhere to start. Fast food, dishwasher, landscaper will hire you.
>>
>>34420235
That's Joe Montana dickhead
>>
>>34420280
No, that's Len Dawson for the kansas shitty chefs.

Hahaha, I love it when women think they know sports

And when neckbeards on this board pretend to be women
>>
>>34420218
Apply everywhere

And yes you should lie about your work experience, say you worked in some fast food or some shit, when you write what skills you have on your application try to think of what you would have done had you had a job in the past examples: Working a cash register, Keeping the workplace clean and orderly, Working and collaborating well with co-workers, and providing great customer service.

When you go in for an interview imagine you are just having a friendly conversation with the person interviewing you. As long as you appear normal and friendly you should have nothing to worry about. Don't act nervous or scared, as there is literally nothing to be worried about.

Also the jobs you are looking for absolutely none of them give a shit about your school life. They dont care that you weren't in any clubs, and they do not give a shit about your gpa. All they care about is whether or not your willing to work for them, do pretty much every thing they ask, and show up to work on time, basically just be responsible.
>>
>>34420218
get a job bartending, at least you wont be competing with U-18's then
>>
>>34420218
Do some work experience first. I spent 2 years on benefits trying to find a job, nothing worked. Took on a couple volunteer jobs. Added it to my CV. Within 6 weeks, I had a full time job, contracted to 40hrs a week.
Volunteering works bro. And I dont mean volunteer at a charity or some shit. I just mean do some free work for some local company. Plus, they'll give you a glowing reference.
>>
>>34420358
Won't they check on past work, like references and stuff?
>>
>>34420426
if its a menial shit tier bottom of the barrel, no. At least in my experience this has been the case. Most places wont go out of the way to call another business just to make sure an employee who is about to make minimum wage isnt lying.
>>
>>34420326
Holy shit, okay, I googled "Joe Montana smoking", that picture came up, and I thought I'd won
Then I pressed in the page and it said Len Dawson
I can admit when I'm wrong
>>
>>34420218
just apply to anything, everybody hates poor people. they're not going to like you any better when you get a job but you're sub human trash if your poor and don't have any income. plus there's nothing to do when you're broke, not having money sucks, life is so fucking pointless without capitalism you might as well be fucking dead.
>>
>>34420400
>free work
lol
>>
>>34420280

Joe Montana was #19 for the Chiefs since Len Dawson's #16 had already been retired.
>>
>>34420426

For a low tier job fuck no, that's for careers and shit. They never did that to me but I never made more than a few dollars over min wage. Most I have ever had done was I had to take a drug test for my current job, and I'm sure they looked my name up to see if I ever been arrested. That's it.
>>
>>34420459
>>34420715
Should I give a specific name of a restaurant or something? surely I can't just say I was a waiter etc

maybe say I worked at some place in another country or something or sold some shit at a market
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.