[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would converting to Shinto make me happier? I know Touhou is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

Would converting to Shinto make me happier? I know Touhou is associated with it and I like Touhou and cute 2D girls
>>
you can't convert to shinto.
>>
>>34411330
Stop being a weeb
>>
Too who! What is 2hu
>>
>>34411344
What do I do then?

>>34411365
I can't it makes me happy and I need to be as happy as possible
>>
if you always act this wapanese, then you're halfway there
Since shinto's the belief that Japan is holy ground where gods live and the Japanese people are a holy blessed master race
>>
>>34411411
Well I don't in public obviously. I thought it had to do with nature and spirits and stuff.
>>
shinto is just japanified neo-paganism

follow paganism of your own people lol
>>
>>34411492
but my people don't have cute anime girls
>>
File: 109.gif (755KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
109.gif
755KB, 500x281px
>>34411330
I used to be Shinto, until a Kannushi told me I deserved to be thrown into the ocean for being gay and decided to stop visiting the shrine.

Personally, being an Atheist is more relaxing.
>>
>>34411432
at the roots, it's basically pagan shit, but the Meiji Restoration turned it into a "we're the Chosen people and Japan is holy ground" type of religion
>>
>>34411516
What was it like until then?
>>
>>34411561
I mostly prayed for my family to do well and to find a GF. I talked to other people at the shrine and often made cake for the kids that went there.
>>
>>34411663
>Kannushi told me I deserved to be thrown into the ocean for being gay
>find a GF
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>34411693
a girl(male) friend obviously
>>
File: smug snek.gif (233KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
smug snek.gif
233KB, 500x281px
>>34411330
You can't convert to Shinto because you don't have the Nihonjin no Kokoro. The Kokoro is very important if you want to properly Shinto. That's just how Japan works.
>>
File: Cute Yuri #31.png (130KB, 547x681px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Yuri #31.png
130KB, 547x681px
>>34411693
>What is a lesbian
Original spaghettios
>>
>>34411746
There are no women on this board.

Although it is the purest form of love.
>>
>wanting to be part of an ethnic group that by defualt sees you as lesser to them

Why are weeaboos such cucks
>>
>>34411365

you forgot the varg pic
>>
>>34411330
Thier temples are comfy looking as hell in person, real monk life is hard thou.
have you actually ever been to Japan?
Do you know anything about Shinto besides anime memes? Btw, my understanding is a lot japanese don't practice Shinto outside of funerals, to the point some people see prists as harbrings of death because that's the only time they see one.
Everyone calls themself Shinto, but don't actually practice.
>>
File: rsz_img_8216.jpg (57KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_8216.jpg
57KB, 700x350px
>>34412650
Your thinking of Buddhism.
There's a saying in Japan "Born Shinto, Marry Christian, Die Buddhist".
Most Japanese are spiritually agnostic, though.
>>
>>34412650
Are you sure you're not talking about buddhism? Shinto is still a regular thing for all sorts of holidays and festivals, etc, and just lots of "go to the temple to pray for good luck on your exams" kind of stuff.
>>
>>34412943
Every japanese is Shinto and every japanese is buddist.
Japanese Buddhism just has Shinto mixed it.
And Shinto has Buddhism mixed in.
>>
>>34413007
>festivals/New Years
Like when I go to church on Easter and the next week, and Easter it is full and next week it is dead?
Like how more people come to the summer BBQ party then church service?
>>
>>34413074
If you go to church for easter, christmas, summer BBQ, marriages, etc every year, is your only association with the church going to be about death? I'm not saying they're all devout practitioners of shinto, but the claim was that it's mostly done for funerals.

That's why I think he might be confusing it with buddhism, which is more of a niche thing and less entwined in everyday traditions than Shinto.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.