[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>therapist suggests seeing a specially trained psychiatrist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 1484451709421.jpg (8KB, 276x277px) Image search: [Google]
1484451709421.jpg
8KB, 276x277px
>therapist suggests seeing a specially trained psychiatrist

This can't be a good sign, right?
>>
>>34405942
Essentially, they're saying they can't help you and you need specialized help before you get institutionalized. Tread lightly, anon.
>>
>>34405999
That's what I was thinking. My parents have been acting strange around me lately, walking on eggshells as if I'm a mental patient ready to snap on a whim.

I really don't want to be institutionalized.
>>
I need a psychologist or psychiatrist but I'm afraid of seeing one.

I want my psychological disadvantages to be officially recognized but at the same time something inside me says that's a bad idea and can only lead to a negative outcome.
>>
>falling for the therapy meme

Lol
>>
>>34405942
Hahaha the only special care you'll get are some hard fucking meds. Save yourself before it's too late.
>>
Depends what your diagnosis and age is.
>>
>>34406062
My parents say I have to visit a therapist twice a week if I want to keep living under their roof. I just go along with it.
>>
Tell us the type of stuff you told your psychiatrist

The key is to talk to them but be selective with what you tell them
>>
>>34406071
Official diagnosis is Schizoid personality disorder with latent schizophrenic tendencies. I think it's bullshit but my last visit has me seriously worried.

Also I'm 21. How does that factor in?
>>
>>34406117
Age of onset. Social factors. Developmental stressors.
I'm a psychologist.

What are your "latent schizophrenic tendencies" I've never heard that before.
>>
>>34406094
I just told her that I have no interest in being social or pursuing a career and want to focus on my garden.
>>
>>34406117
The real issue is that your Schizoid personality will worsen. That's a fact. You will be loaded on a lot of meds and it's going to severely depress you. If you can, do your best to keep a level head.

You'll be okay if you realize that this is just part of your life.
>>
>>34406117
not that anon but 15-25 is the regular schizophrenia onset, I suggest read up on the symptoms.

Have you been getting more depressed/isolated/clumsy in say the last year?
>>
>>34406193
I don't know, my best guess is being genetically predisposed and showing early signs. Like I said I think it's mostly bullshit but that's their diagnosis.
>>
>>34406200

>I just told her that I have no interest in being social or pursuing a career

This is me. Would I literally get diagnosed for saying this to a professional mental health expert?
>>
>>34406233
Not really depressed, I've been isolated all my life. Clumsy how, like physically?
>>
>>34406310
dropping things, tripping up that sort of thing, it getting worse can be one of the first symptoms
>>
>>34406552
Don't think so, I'm always on the move gathering supplies and working on my garden.
>>
>>34406117
>latent schizophrenic tendencies

shit, that sounds awful, you can be relatively content with being schizoid I think but schizophrenia is scary af, what symptoms did you show til now, also what kind of schizophrenia?
>>
It's very good anon. You will get happy pills. Happy pills make all the difference.
>>
>>34406042
its not all that bad
really depressing tho, glad I got out
>>
>>34407119
no they don't faggot they just slow you down fuck you and the pharmaceutical jew they've put me on for my """""""psychosis""""""

not op btw
>>
>>34407109
>what symptoms did you show til now,
Apparently lack of motivation and interest in interpersonal relationships makes me schizophrenic.
>also what kind of schizophrenia?
Not entirely sure, it wasn't specified. I can rule out paranoid though.
>>
>>34407185
>Apparently lack of motivation and interest in interpersonal relationships makes me schizophrenic

lol, according to that definition I might be schizophrenic too

I got diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder and depression
>>
>>34407231
this made me think I might be becoming schizoid too. What are the goals of therapy with being schizoid, do they want you to get more in touch with other people?
>>
>>34406062
If you're completely lost it's the best way to go
>>
>>34407302
>goals
probably making you self aware (thereby preventing a breakdown, or at least making it controlled), which isn't necessary since most of us here on r9k are pretty self aware of how we act. but what do i know, i've only done a triage. not op or schizoid.
>>
I DON'T WANT TO GO THE LOONY BIN AND BE FORCED FED HAPPY PILLS

HELP ME GET OUT OF THIS /r9k/
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.