[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rap You can't name more normie music

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>rap

You can't name more normie music
>>
>>34400621
Pop?

seriously rap is pretty normie but pop music idiot
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484491459562.jpg (42KB, 960x470px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484491459562.jpg
42KB, 960x470px
>>34400621
Straight out of /pol/
>>
Trap. It's not even music but people somehow listen to it. It's practically all normies listen to nowadays.
>>
>>34400621
>>34400632

Yeah pop is literally short for popular. Meaning it's just played until you like it. You're being told and marketed to like pop music, not that it's good. I'd say the same thing for rap and everything really.

But as far as normies are concerned, they like pop because it's pushed on them, on their radios, in their TV ads, etc etc.

But rap is pretty much the normiest of genre. Even with the occasional non-retarded rapper... They're conforming to a retarded genre that put more emphasis on lyrics rhyming (which is easy to do if you're not retarded and rappers are so retarded they still have trouble with this) and catchy beats.

Both genre's rely on almost subconcious pursion, making a beat that's easy to subconsciously memorize and have stuck in your head so it's easy to convince oneself it's "good".
>>
Oh and country music. Nothing says "I brainlessly conform to large crowds of people" like country music.
>>
>country and trap are more normie than pop music or eminem

you people crack me up
>>
>>34400621
uhhh sure, if by 'rap' you only mean eminem and lil wayne
>>
>>34400699

It really depends on where you live I guess. I'm in Louisiana so country, rap, r&b and pop are what normies listen to. They never listened to techno here or they didn't until it got popular recently and they still really aren't into it. Hating tecnho seemed to be a normie meme for years too, (one of the reasons I probably gravitated towards it so much).

So someone says trap and EDM is for normies and I'm confused. But maybe it's their generation too. I'm fucking 29. It was all about rap with the normies when I was growing in the days of dial-up Internet.
>>
Paranoid by Kanye West

I know I know I know >Kanye

But listen to the lyrics
>why are you so paranoid
>You worry about the wrong things
>Tell me do you really want to spend your whole life alone?

It describes the r9k anon pretty well.
>>
Also it's kind of weird isn't it? Growing up I'd say Eminem is for normies because that's what all the kids listened too. I hated him. But now I listen to some of his stuff (mainly just when working out) because it's about hating roasties... And I don't see as many normies into him.

So when does something become for normies or not for normies? I think it's when you can't tell if people like something because it's good or if they like it because other people like it. If an artist comes out of no where suddenly and everyone is talking about them, that's usually some normie shit because it's been manufactured to be popular (the record company paying to have the song played, paying for interviews, basically inflating the artists popularity and making people think other people must like them.)

Something can be popular and not be exactly "for normies" if just organically grew up that way. It's for normies if it's a fad or trend.
>>
rap is literally the pic related of music
>poetry
>philosophy
>rythm
>attitude

name a more skill demanding genre
>>
File: 1477917377532.jpg (270KB, 1930x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1477917377532.jpg
270KB, 1930x1698px
>>34401201
>le forgot to post pic
>>
>reggaeton
But all mainstream media is a normie conspiracy anyways
>>
I'm a full blown robot and have always enjoyed rap.
>>
File: 1483123477955.png (74KB, 541x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483123477955.png
74KB, 541x566px
The problem with musicians that try to make deep, meaningful music is that they aren't deep and so the music ends up being pseudo-deep, which is honestly just cringy to someone as deep as myself.
>>
Robots make the best rappers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.