[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I JUST WANT TO NOT BE A FUCKING NARCISSIST

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 4chan.jpg (75KB, 924x571px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
75KB, 924x571px
I JUST WANT TO NOT BE A FUCKING NARCISSIST
>>
File: 1478894702260.gif (513KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1478894702260.gif
513KB, 180x204px
>>34400421
There's no cure nor are there pills/treatments for it.
We fucked lad.
>>
that's how our personality developed due to social isolation for the majority of our life.
>>
>>34400421
There you go again saying "I."
Is that all you ever think about? "me, me, me, me, me," isn't that right?
>>
A sufficiently motivated person can change all sorts of things about themselves. Want to reduce your narcissism? I suggest that do volunteer work in your community. Not donating money. Doing work. Humility, compassion, and empathy are skills that can be developed. Volunteering is good exercise for those mental muscles. Humility would improve by seeing others doing charitable works and thinking highly of them for it. The other two traits would improve for obvious reasons.
>>
just do what I do and hate yourself
>>
>>34400879
Fuuuck that's exactly the kind of thoughts I can't get out of my head SHIT!
>>
>>34400421
Why do you want to stop, anon?
>>
>>34401549
That just sounds like self-gratification, ooh look at me I am so humble I am doing work for others.

You have to look inwards, not outwards.
>>
>>34400421
There's nothing with it, just bee urself
>>
>>34400421
>>34400859
go to the relevant boards and post your tastes and beliefs. maybe when anons shit all over you you will realise that you're not as good as you think
>>
>>34401786
>post thoughts on another board
>some anon tries to shit on my taste without using any facts
>prove to him why i'm correct and why hes wrong
>he stops replying
every time
>>
>>34400421
Just make yourself have things to show for to justify your narcissism
>>
>>34401823
if you post anything i will reply with a small reason why it's shit, if it is
>>
>>34401786
>>34401842
that is not what narcissism is.
>>
>>34401857
one of the aspects is thinking you always know best because you're soooo smart. chances are you are just another dumb faggot who could do 12th grade math
>>
>>34401889
you can be a narcissist without having a high opinion of yourself.
>>
>>34401786
I'm a self-aware inverted narcissist, I already know I'm shit.
>>
>doesnt like being a narcissist
kek its like your not even trying to pretend
>>
>>34401921
in what way are you a narcissistic? I'm confused
>>
>>34401934
Can't be assed to explain narcissism to you, go do some research.
It's not the clear cut "I'm so great" thing you seem to think it is.
>>
>>34401921

That sounds exactly like something I'd describe myself as. Thank you for giving me a word for it.

Are you also aware that you're a pathetic loser, but you use the awareness as an excuse for being that way? Do you also want to justify yourself using that during every conversation? Do you also think that telling other people about your loserdom before they get a chance to realize it makes it better?
>>
>>34401944
it's okay that explained it well enough
>>
>>34401960
>Are you also aware that you're a pathetic loser, but you use the awareness as an excuse for being that way?
Yes.
I sometimes excuse my patheticness by saying "oh well there's no cure for this shit and I'm already dead inside anyway, what's the point in trying?"

>Do you also want to justify yourself using that during every conversation?
Not really, I try to hide it.
If you out yourself as a narcissist irl expect to be ostricised and misunderstood.

>Do you also think that telling other people about your loserdom before they get a chance to realize it makes it better?
With women I do this.
I;m actually pretty attractive so I occasionally get hit on but I always rip the band-aid off quickly before they figure it out for themselves.
e.g. girl came up to me at a club when I was sitting alone looking sad and wanted to dance, I begrudgingly stood up and went with her stood there for 30 or so seconds watching her dance figuring how to proceed, then decided fuck it I might as well just get her away from me so I then danced like a flailing tard.
Suffice it to say she laughed then walked away.
>>
>>34402001

>If you out yourself as a narcissist irl expect to be ostricised and misunderstood.
No, I don't tell them I'm a narcissist. I usually tell them I'm a horrible person and loser.

>With women I do this.
Exactly.
I am doing this to the only woman which has liked me. I know deep inside that the only way to change it is change myself and work to improve myself, but I just want to die. That's giving me an internal conflict I cannot resolve.
>>
>>34402026
>No, I don't tell them I'm a narcissist. I usually tell them I'm a horrible person and loser
So you straight up tell them?
I just drop massive hints.

> I know deep inside that the only way to change it is change myself and work to improve myself, but I just want to die.
Same.
Some days I have the energy and will to change and think maybe if I do enough good it will outweigh the bad in me, but then the very next day I give up and go back to my self pitying worthlessness.

> That's giving me an internal conflict I cannot resolve.
You and me both brother.
My entire life is spent trying to resolve inner conflicts.
The fictional character I most identify with is Abradolf Lincler from Rick and Morty, I feel like God's own little prototype/joke that went either horribly wrong or hilariously right.
>>
>>34400421
That's what happens when you stay too long isolated from others.
Like a brain mechanism of defence to keep the depression away.
>>
>>34402071

>So you straight up tell them?
I've only done it once so far, but I don't get the chance to meet people often.

Yep, self-pity is something I have plenty of.

>I feel like God's own little prototype/joke that went either horribly wrong or hilariously right.
That does sound highly pretentious which is a narcissistic character trait, right? I don't think I think that way. I don't believe in God. I am just fully aware that I am not cut out for life mentally, despite having all the physical and environmental conditions for a great life.
>>
>>34402201
>That does sound highly pretentious which is a narcissistic character trait, right?
Yep.

>I don't think I think that way. I don't believe in God.
I don't literally believe that. It's just something I like to tell myself to take away some of the blame I should be directing towards myself.
Blaming my failures on being "God's prototype" helps me sleep at night and I also find it mildly amusing.

>I am just fully aware that I am not cut out for life mentally
Neither, but I also sometimes think I could be.
When my ego kicks into full gear I start to think that I'm just better than everyone and "I'm too good for this world"
This is always short lived and I go back to my self defeating self deprecating ways shortly after.

>despite having all the physical and environmental conditions for a great life.
If you're a narcissist you must have had some form of trauma as a child, such as shitty parents.
>>
>>34400421
>being a narcissist
>not being an artist

You have it, mate. Narcissism is the key to success in art.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.