[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, robots? You say you're smarter than everyone else.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: trolleyproblem.png (352KB, 603x557px) Image search: [Google]
trolleyproblem.png
352KB, 603x557px
Well, robots? You say you're smarter than everyone else.
>>
>>34399389
Try his best to get the one person on the top rail and himself on the tracks below before the train passes so all 7 of them can die
>>
>>34399389
don't pull the lever, grab the single guy and jump in front of the train with him
>>
>>34399389
Doing nothing ensures that new new misery is added to the net negativity of human experience, while taking action makes new misery.
>>
>>34399389
>The sum of all human experience is overwhelmingly negative

not true, but if we are assuming it is, allowing 5 people to die is still the wrong move, if they hated life that much they can kill themselves
>>
File: nigel.png (324KB, 279x612px) Image search: [Google]
nigel.png
324KB, 279x612px
>>34399524
>>The sum of all human experience is overwhelmingly negative
>not true
>>
>>34399389
make it six join the group
>>
This dude must have never, ever had sex.
>>
Don't pull the lever, strangle the other man to death, then throw myself of the nearing bridge.
>>
>>34399524
There are genuine moments of beauty and happiness in everyone's life, I imagine. That said, most people in the world are unhappy more than they are happy, and so the moral thing would be preventing anyone from having children in order to stop suffering. Or an instantaneous annihilation of all human life.
>>
>>34399524
Incurring liability is always the wrong move.
>>
>>34399389

There's a difference between lives worth starting and lives worth continuing, so it depends on whether it's 5 fetuses or adults on the rail...
>>
>>34399969
>'sex' r9k
Fucking normie get out
>>
>>34399389
But is a sum negative existence worse than not existing? Assuming no afterlife of course, I believe that is part of Schopenhauer's philosphy.
>>
>>34399389
The utilitarian answer would be to pull the lever and save the 5 people. Schopenhauer's sophistry does not account for the fact that society cannot run without humans. Therefore the utilitarian way is to save as many members of society as possible to ensure society is as stable as possible.

From a biologically pessimistic point of view, we are here to reproduce and contribute to our human societies and nothing more. Without this purpose, we are lost and aimless and hide behind delusions of Self. At our basest level, we are a complex organized multi-cell organism with different derivations of DNA which all contain the almost sentient instructions to "live" on and that only happens through reproduction.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.