[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you miss anything about the mid 2000s, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

Do you miss anything about the mid 2000s, /r9k/?
>>
I miss 06ish era /b/.
>>
>>34398849
I miss being 11-13 I used to be young
>>
File: 1483135609697.jpg (18KB, 364x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483135609697.jpg
18KB, 364x350px
>>34398849
>tfw you'll never feel the feel of how 4chan early days felt
discovered this website 4 years ago , lurked for 1 year, read so many pixelated old posts, learned slangs, tried to visit other chans just to compensate the time i haven't been here because i was too young
to come over trap/bbc/snapchat noodZ/constant-ylyl-threads type of content.
>le born in the wrong generation
>>
I know it took place in 1999, but it just feels more like a mid-2000's event to me.
>>
>>34399009
I'm 34 and I started browsing 4chan in early 2005. Its.. not that different, honestly. Way more openly racist now though
>>
l miss being happy.
>>
>MSN messenger
>Newgrounds
>chat rooms
>golden age of piracy
>golden age of creativity, entrepeneurship, and expression
>people actually value anonymity and free speech instead of working actively to abolish these things
>internet isn't just a massive corporate clusterfuck
>no smartphones, clickbait journalism, or SJWs to turn websites into unusable cancer

What don't I miss about 2004-2006?
>>
Don't remember much due to all the drinking. 2006 was the year things started to look up a little though.
>>
I miss the sincerity of those times the most. As dumb and maybe cringy as it was in hindsight, a lot of the media wether online or irl was unapologetically sincere unlike tofay where everything is presented through a veil of "hipster" irony or snarky self awareness, as if they're all too good to just "be themselves".
>>
Vanilla WoW. It all went downhill after that
>>
File: 1157507481677.jpg (32KB, 224x236px) Image search: [Google]
1157507481677.jpg
32KB, 224x236px
Yeah, 4Chan was actually good up until 2006.

It markedly began getting shittier in 2006, when it was mentioned on Attack Of The Show. That was the first influx of newfags who knew nothing about board culture.

Just think. If you've joined any time after that, your "golden years" of 4Chan are actually my shit years. What you thought was good is only mediocre in my eyes.
>>
not really because that wasn't a very good era
>>
>>34399433
Hipster irony was huge back then too you underage retard
>>
It was the death throes of good console gaming, the tail end of sixth gen and birth of seventh gen. Hipsters hadn't yet ruined prices on retro stuff. The most recent piece of gaming hardware I own is a 360 Elite that I bought in late 2008.

There was some mainstream pop that was actually good, like The Killers. Alt rock was decent at the time. Rap and hip hop were still considered cringy hoodrat stuff, I didn't see 12 year old white kids playing it loudly on the bus.

Smartphones hadn't really started infecting society yet, it was really rare to see someone with an iPhone in '07, at least where I lived. If you had a phone, it was a shitty plastic flip phone with a half inch screen.

I was in middle school '05-'08, born in '94. Everything in my life and around me really took a dive after 2008. Television, music, games, the internet, everything just started to fall off a cliff.

I honestly think that's part of why I withdrew in high school. It wasn't just the usual hormones and angst, I really couldn't enjoy mainstream culture with my peers anymore. I had absolutely nothing in common with most of them.
>>
2005 was the year nickelodeon started going downhill. life's never been the same since then
>>
>>34399547
>newfag summer was 11 years ago

And I was a part of it

>pool's closed
>>
There was no normiebook, or at least it was restricted to college students.
>>
>>34398849
I miss the period between 2004 and 2005 that was a pretty good time actually, but i do not miss the period from the summer of 2005 til 2006. Being a homeless twelve year old is not fun.
>>
>>34399891
Correction, nick went downhill in 2006
>>
Things went downhill after 2006
Everything before was good
>>
>>34400972
If things went downhill after 2006, and everything was good before 2006... what does that make 2006? Downhill, or good?
>>
>>34400991
transition from good to bad; this is unironically true
>>
Fuck that era forever, to be desu. 2004-06 were the worst years of my and my family's life, only rivaling with the shitfest that was 2011-12.

Early 00's were glorious, then it all went to unbelievable depths of shit. Things looked up in the glorious year of 2007. Actually, 07-09 was a pretty great era I sometimes am nostalgic for.
>>
>>34401002
>transition from good to bad
Absolutely, that sums up 2006 so well.

I notice that in most decades, the year with the "-6" at the end is always the "transitional" year, with stuff from years 0-5 still there but there's newer stuff creeping in.

And then you get the years 7-9, where the transition is complete and everything is totally different and new. Anyone else notice that?
>>
>>34398849
>2004 - 2006

>Wow was still good
>Everyone weren't obsessed with being whores on social media
>Fewer Muslims in the west
>I miss skipping school
>>
>>34399101
because nu metal was still popular
>>
>>34399347
fuck I miss MSN and old Newgrounds so much
>>
>>34398849
Making shitty mixtape CDs.

Also, make a late-'00s nostalgia thread tomorrow.
>>
>>34401034
1906: ?
1916: hmm
1926: ?
1936: maybe
1946: a year too late maybe
1956: ?
1966: maybe
1976: maybe
1986: maybe
1996: maybe
2006: maybe
2016: a lot of things changed but it doesn't seem that much different
it seems to be
>>
If I had been an adult, no, the mid 2000s would have been absolute shit.
But I was a kid, so I miss all of it.
>>
Not really.

I miss being a kid, in some respects, but not all the pain and confusion of running headfirst into puberty. 2004 was the year I started middle school, which really marked the beginning of a patch of rough bullying. All of the kids who'd never minded me before summer began were suddenly calling me a "nerd" and "faggot" at every opportunity.

Nowadays I have a handful of good friends, am almost finished with university, have traveled extensively, and am saving up for a new motorcycle. I've dated a little bit, had some long relationships, and am optimistic for the future. My life isn't perfect, but my perspective on myself is definitely better than what I was getting treated like shit by a bunch of other pubescent pricks.
>>
>>34398849
>being 10-16 years old
>summers chilling at my bfs (at the time) house Swimming in the Pool
>shitty WC3 casual maps (early dota etc.)
>playing fantasy stuff with sticks outside
>being able to enjoy Pop Music unironically
>No responsibility
>No Girl trouble (just innocently lusting for the sister of my long gone bf)
>No deep responsibility
>
>>
>>34402252
WC3 customs were the best gaming experiences of my life, so much fun, so much diversity
>>
>>34402306
True. I genuienly miss the gaming experience back in the Day.

Games truly were catered towards the needs of the small and homogen community. Not this shitty cash grabbing trying to find the lowest common denominator.

Also being a Kid probably helped.
>>
>>3439884

Warcraft 3 and Halo 2. Being in middle school.
>>
Internet wasn't Facebook or Instagram.
>>
>>34399347

fucking MSN.

everyone trashed me for using skype AND THEN THEY STARTED USING IT 5 YEARS LATER THE FUCKERS
>>
>>34398849
It might have just been because I was young, but I liked how much simpler the internet seemed back in 2007/2008. I was into ROM hacking and disassembly at the time, and the communities were maximum /comfy/.
>>
Before all that copyright violation shit on youtube. Back when you were actively discouraged from ever telling anyone your real name, address or number online in every internet safety class, as opposed to now when you have to give those plus your bank details, nat security number and fucking measurements to sign up for anything.

Does anyone have any old forum cringe? I'm feeling nostialgic.
>>
I honestly can't remember the last time I went beyond the first page of search results.

>sigh
>>
>>34398849
Cute and deeply insecure emos were more abundant

>tfw you will never get any emo pussy/boipucci
>>
File: 1485259188096.png (15KB, 609x585px) Image search: [Google]
1485259188096.png
15KB, 609x585px
>>34402832
>mfw scamming insecure emos on Habbo Hotel to get their furniture
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.