[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ask a Christian femanon anything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 33

Ask a fairly devout and hopefully knowledgeable Christian femanon anything.

I made this thread a week or so ago and it was successful so I'll try again.

>faq from last time: what denomination are you?
Church of Christ (known as Christian church to outsiders because we use instrumental music in services and some churches of Christ do not.)
>>
>>34398722
Why should I care.

Also, is this comment original?
>>
>>34398760
Don't post if you don't care.
>>
>>34398722

How many times has Chad fucked you in your lifetime?

How do you plan on lying about your sexual past to the beta that will be forced to "man up" for you?
>>
You realize Protestantism is heresy right? Go Catholic or Orthodox
>>
Are you Catholic? If not I don't care.
>>
>>34398885
>>34398936
Catholicism is heresy. Jesus and the holy spirit are all the intersession we need and the Bible is the only word of God. I don't know anything about orthodoxy, but I think protestantism is more in line with how the church is meant to be.
>>
>>34398995

>0

So, really, how many times was it? 25, 30, 50, like the average woman?

Tell me how you are going to lie to the beta that is forced to "man up" for you. I want to know, so I can avoid women like you in the future.
>>
>>34398995
>Catholicism is heresy
Catholics and Orthodox place the standard on heresy- and by operating outside of those churches you aren't only denied salvation but you're also a heretic.

>but I think protestantism is more in line with how the church is meant to be.
>I think
>I
WHOAHO LOOK OUT EVERYONE
LOOK OUT 2000 YEARS OF APOSTOLIC TRADITION
LOOK OUT COUNTLESS CHURCH FATHERS AND THEOLOGIANS

THIS FUCKING THOT HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT AND YOU'RE ALL JUST RETARDS.
>>
>>34398995
Incorrect. The Bible is but one source of the word of God, there are also traditions passed down. Do you think the earliest Christians used the Bible? It was largely an oral tradition for the first few hundred years. Hell the people didn't even have access to the Bible until the printing press was invented.

Protestantism is BS because it lets anyone make up bullshit and interpret the Bible however they please, which is why you've got a million different special snowflake denominations who all think their interpretation is the right one.
>>
Not really sure how to word this question, but here's the backstory first.
Lived with gf, she got pregnant without either of us knowing, then she broke up with me and moved back to her parents place. She is now pregnant, without any money, or a job. After she found out, she called me, and was understandably freaked out.
I offered to get back together with her (even though she left me), to raise the child together. She flatly refused. I freaked out, and tried to convince her to get an abortion. I gave her the amount needed to cover it just in case, reasoning that if she didn't get it I would need to send support either way.
She eventually did get it, whether it's because I convinced her or she came to that conclusion herself I to this day don't know. We don't really talk anymore.
My question to you is this. From whatever perspective you wish to answer, what amount of guilt do you think I share in this?
Do keep in mind her parent's place was another state, thousands of miles away.
On the one hand i want to think that no matter what I did, I couldn't just stay over there, and keep her restrained and away from planned parenthood. On the other hand, I know that were someone's life in danger, I would travel to try to save them. But... that is what happened, and I was half afraid that I might succeed. But now I'm rambling.
Guilty, or no?
>>
>>34399062
2000 years of tradition means literally nothing. The church should be as it is in the Bible, the only true word of God.
>>
Is taking it in the ass acceptable?
>>
File: 1480562035370.jpg (47KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1480562035370.jpg
47KB, 529x502px
>>34399090
>2000 years of tradition means literally nothing
>>
>>34399079
I mean, in my opinion you sound pretty guilty. You pushed her to do it and paid for it. It's between you and God though.
>if you hadn't been having premarital sex in the first place this wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>34399090
To think the Bible is all you need to be a Christian is like saying reading architectural blueprints makes you an architect.

You've torn the beams off the mighty ship of Catholicism and constructed a mere dingy which you claim to be superior than the vessel you stole the parts from.
>>
>>34399079
no guilt. life is complicated and we are weak at times. learn from the experience. no more what ifs. redemption is in the present and beyond space and time
>>
>>34399116
For a married heterosexual couple? I don't know desu.
>>
I'm a Church of Christ Robot too. Where do you go?

t. Colorado Springs Eastside Church of Christ
>>
>>34398995
>Jesus and the holy spirit are all the intersession we need
Why did Jesus give the apostles the ability to forgive sins if that help isn't necessary for salvation?
>the Bible is the only word of God
Agreed. But then why do Protestants reject the old testament that Jesus and the apostles used?
>>
>>34399155
I base my beliefs off the Bible. If you base yours on something else then we will have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>34399155
you're a catholic, not a christian, leave this thread if you have nothing good to say
>>
I've been struggling with this question for sometime, how can I remain faithful in the void of silence, I have major experiences that lend themself to remaining faithful to the Gospel.
>>
>>34399079
You pushed and supported her abortion
I'm not sure if the church would consider that a sin of automatic excommunication but you definitely are very guilty
>>
>>34399211
Edit: I have no major experiences
>>
But does is say anything about females taking it up the ass? Simple question.
>>
>>34399195
>I base my beliefs off the Bible
The *clapping emoji* bible *clapping emoji* was *clapping emoji* compiled *clapping emoji* by *clapping emoji* Catholics

>>34399204
Before you faggots came around, to be a Christian meant you were Catholic, we have the term now to distinguish ourselves from you damned heretics.
>>
>>34398722
>tfw shes a fucking heretic
>>
Would you ever date a dude who's slept with 17 different girls if he loved Jesus, too?
>>
>>34398722
Is this a Church of Christ that has its roots in Mormonism, and do you believe in the in the Trinity?
>>
Why have the protestant churches allowed themselves to be cucked so hard by the jews? The jewish religion is literally the denial of christ and was denounced by christ himself in rev 2:9 and 3:9. And Christendom was fully aware of this until the scofield bible was for some reason swallowed whole by the protestant churches. So why?
>>
>>34399162
Are you instrumental or non?
I go to Clifton CoC in Cincinnati. It actually is non-instrumental, but I believe that using instruments is ok.
>>34399211
What causes your faith to weaken?
>>
>>34399253
>>34399253
I wish the pope wasn't a communist fucktard so we could wage holy war against all these filthy heretic scumbags.
>>
>>34398995
I had this conversation with another anon, and I wasn't around to hear his reply, so I'll pose the same stuff to you.

> Jesus and the holy spirit are all the intersession we need
Standard belief for protestants, since this is only belief I won't touch on it.
>and the Bible is the only word of God.
This though I will address.
Bible? What is the bible to you?
>Many modern Protestants point to the following four "Criteria for Canonicity" to justify the selection of the books that have been included in the New Testament - though these ideas are not isolated to Protestant theology, but extend to or are derived from other Christian traditions.
>Apostolic Origin - attributed to and based upon the preaching/teaching of the first-generation apostles (or their close companions).
>Universal Acceptance - acknowledged by all major Christian communities in the ancient world (by the end of the 4th century) as well as accepted canon by Jewish authorities (for the Old Testament).

Biblical canon was for all intents and purposes chosen by catholics, as the church hadn't split then, and anyone who was christian followed the pope. There was no even thinking of not accepting pope's authority. I won't argue whether the authority is just or not, especially not with this current pope, just making a note that the book you hold so dear, was essentially created by a sect you chose to split from.

I was going to include a bit on Martin Luther wanting to remove certain books from the bible because it went against certain protestant schools of thought, such as sola scriptura and sola fide, but didn't have enough room to paste.

What are your thoughts on this history of your scripture?
>>
>>34398722
Seems you are casting your pearls before the swine , but I respect you trying. I have been a Christian for a long time - posts like these will generally only get you attacked , remember what Paul wrote concerning people who are not saved - that the scripture to them is foolishness , and that they think this way because of the complete absence of The Holy Spirit within who reveals truth. These people are not advanced to even the basic principal so they are incapable of understanding anything you may convey. Until they come to terms with the fact they are lost and without God and repent of unbelief in Christ and receive that Spirit who teaches and reveals , they are blind and incapable of receiving the truth.
>>
>>34399253
you're identifying with a graven image you've built up in your mind. you are delusional. salvation comes from one greater source above everything
>>
I remember you. You are scum. If you ever date an Atheist, you better fucking tell him that you aren't okay with his beliefs because you are a petulant child. Fucking do it before he falls in love with you, only for you to ruin it for him years down the line.

God I hate fuckers like you.
>>
File: jepe.jpg (74KB, 720x511px) Image search: [Google]
jepe.jpg
74KB, 720x511px
>>34399062
Martin Luther did nothing wrong, Cathocuck. Protestantism is what propelled the movement for literacy of average laymen so that they could read the Word of God with their own eyes. The Catholic church wanted full reign over the minds of their subjects. They wanted every person to be forced to talk to God through a priest. They wanted people to be able to buy their way out of hell or purgatory with indulgences so they could grow richer. Etc. etc.

The fact that the Catholic church has been revealed to be butt-loving child rapists covering up for each other is no surprise. The fact that the pope himself has a cuckold's attitude toward Islamic invasion and corruption of the minds of the masses is no surprise. Maybe if the church addressed these issues internally instead of just sweeping everything under the rug, things wouldn't have fractured the way they have. But the pope and all the clergymen are such pompous dicks, they always refuse to take care of any internal problem at all until the dam finally bursts and the media gets in on it. Then they scramble to fix it just for PR, not because they care about legitimacy.

In short, fuck off lel.
>>
>>34398722
how does ''''god'''' ''''reveal'''' to you that the guy whos trying to date you isnt ''''the one''''

t. loose christian who tried staying equally yoked but got dropped both times
>>
seems like there are a lot of retarded people in this thread. the grace of the king of life is limitless. who would have thought we must educate ourselves and grasp conscious experience to understand what it means to have faith in god
>>
>>34399276
Only if he has changed and admits that he was wrong
>>34399283
It's unrelated to the Mormon church of Christ.
Yes I believe in the trinity.
>>34399286
I'm not really sure what you mean
We don't live by old testament Jewish law.
>>
>>34399308
My life has become an absolute meme, with no point. I've never felt like prayer has been a meaningful experience and have never felt any different after repenting and going through the atonement process. I stopped going to church completely 6 months ago to see if I would miss anything or feel different, still feel the same way.
>>
>>34398722
>>34399333
So...why are you two here? How did you even discover this place and why in the fucking world do you continue to browse it now that you are saved?
>>
>>34399308
Its non. I honestly dont like my church very much, I've been to nice Churches of Christ but this one is very cringey. Sermons are simple and repetitive and repetitive and I gave up on my childish youth group a long time ago. Now I just go to make a family appearance and get most of my communion with fellow Christians from an amazing Bible Study some guys at my school put on
>>
File: cross.jpg (92KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
cross.jpg
92KB, 499x499px
>>34399434
4chan is a christian website
>>
>>34399425
How old are you, how long have you been on 4chan, and why are you still on 4chan?
>>
>>34398722
Did you slut around in your younger years?
>>
>>34399062
>denied salvation for not going to a church that worships Mary and who's priests rape young boys
K
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>34398722
Fuck off bait thread
Sage
>>
>>34399444
Impressive trips but I feel your righteous is a fluke.
>>
>>34399217
The day before it happened I had a change of heart, called her, and tried to convince her not to get one. She could give the baby up for adoption, it could live, etc. etc.
I came to the realization that even if it had a bad life due to a not good start, well, at least it would be alive, and could have the hope to have a better one.
I tried communicating that to her, but I didn't get it through. By then she had already committed to it, I suppose.
And I made her hate me. I was the one who caused this (in her eyes), I found the place, paid for it, and then her not to do it. Me saying not to added additional emotional guilt onto her as far as she's concerned. Not that I blame her at all. But I did try to tell her otherwise, in the final hour, for what it's worth. Which is probably nothing, as the child is still dead, but I digress.
>>
>>34399445
Weird argument. Jesus never refused to mingle with the degenerates.
>>
>>34399425
What I mean is that that protestant churches unilaterally agree with the zionist political agenda, which is literally diametrically opposed to biblical christianity. And yet it continues. So why do you think that is?
>>
>>34398722
What makes you think Christianity is true?
>>
>>34399489
I wasn't arguing, I was asking questions that still haven't been answered
>>
>>34399474
you're asking the wrong person for forgiveness. you're seeking validation with your feelings but ultimately you will only find it through solo atonement. get over it, for your own sake
>>
>>34398995
>Catholicism is heresy
It's the only Christian sect that still follows their Mystery cult origins
>>
>>34399514
Yeah sorry I meant that for this post
>>34399434
>>
>>34398722
I'm a 30yo kissless virgin, what are the chances I could find a christian qt gf at church?
>>
>>34399062
>denied salvation for not attending a church that worships Mary and whose priests rape young boys
K
>>
>>34399410
answer me roastie cunt
>>
>>34399434
Why am I here? It's the internet , 4chan is widely known and I am bored.
Why do we browse it now that we are saved ? When you become saved you are still a human being anon , still have human interests.. The perception that you are supposed to be some perfect do good is not accurate , we are just as human and capable of variations of though as anyone else.
>>
>>34399217
>excommunication
Huh, would you look at that - another unbiblical act that Catholics frequently practice.
>>
>>34399381
The church has some problems during the middle ages, I won't deny that.
In fact before I go any further I can't really call myself catholic anymore either, I'm not defending the faith in this post, and further more I'll readily agree with you concerning the pope.

Now, all that being said, since the Church touts itself as a religious, holy, organization, any amount of sexual (or really any) scandals above zero is to be ashamed of. Now, that also being said, if we remove the religious veil, and just look at the Catholic Church as an organization like any other, it actually has far below the average rates of child molestation, much less compared to any other place that normally works with children, such as schools or the scouts.

They should fix their problems, I agree, but I would like you to hold yourself to the same standards you wish to hold them to, and see the objectivity for yourself.
http://www.newsweek.com/priests-commit-no-more-abuse-other-males-70625
>>
File: 1412783074584.jpg (44KB, 892x612px) Image search: [Google]
1412783074584.jpg
44KB, 892x612px
>>34399551
Pretty good.
Chances of finding a single one who would date you? Very very bad.
>>
>>34399592
+Thought ...not though - sry
>>
>>34399612
Where do you live?
origol
>>
>>34399523
Oh, I apologize if it came across as seeking forgiveness. This is an issue that I've long since made peace with. It happened years ago, and it's been buried as far as my mind goes.

For some reason she struck me as a strict Christian, and I've also moved past that part of my life as well. I suppose I simply saw this as a way to pitch something that happened to a "past me" to see how I would have judged myself if I were still much younger, if that makes any sense.
Although I thank you for your concern and words of wisdom, anon.
>>
>>34399330
I don't know what the catholic church was like then, but the catholic church now is a far cry from the biblical church.
I'm curious what books Martin Luther wanted to take out.
>>34399333
I don't expect anyone to convert tonight, but you never know when a seed you've sown might take root
>>34399410
I don't know desu. I'm not sure if God cares if you find "the one" as long as He is central in your relationship. I'm not married so I can't say.
>>
>>34399561
>>denied salvation for not attending a church that worships Mary and whose priests rape young boys
>K
Catholics BTFO
>>
>>34399561
>>denied salvation for not attending a church that worships Mary and whose priests rape young boys
^catholic probably roots for Penn State football, too
>>
catholicism is of the devil. i can name dozens of things that catholics beleive that literally go against scripture. they accept other books besides the bible as cannon. they beleive in having "saints" pray for you, they beleive you need to confess to a priest in order to be forgiven for sins, which the bible says specifically is not the case. rosaries. they place high significance on mary which is in contradiction to scripture. tradition, is basically what the pharisees represented. jesus is against meaningless traditions that go against the word of god.
>>
>>34399676
How old are you and are you looking for a relationship?
>>
>>34398722
Did you know that the bible espouses several things which are demonstrably false?

For example, in Genesis it says that the sun revolves around the earth, and that the earth is contained by a firmament, a glass ball inside an infinite ocean. The writer of Exodus, and indeed the other people who read the bible for centuries, considered it to be historical fact. Today, a historian would look upon you with ridicule and scorn if you considered anything that happened in there to be more than mythology. Not to mention that it claims that a man was brought back from the dead after being dead for three days, an event which has never been observed by any credible source and violates observable scientific reality.

How do you reconcile these things? Are you like the rest of the protestants and new christians who just handwave and say "it's a metaphor"? Do you accept that the bible is flawed? Or do you deny reality?
>>
>>34399676
"Luther's canon is the biblical canon attributed to Martin Luther, which has influenced Protestants since the 16th-century Protestant Reformation. While the Lutheran Confessions specifically did not define a canon, it is widely regarded as the canon of the Lutheran Church. It differs from the 1546 Roman Catholic canon of the Council of Trent in that it rejects the Deuterocanon and questions the seven New Testament books, called "Luther's Antilegomena",[1] four of which are still ordered last in German-language Luther Bibles to this day.[2][3]"

"Luther made an attempt to remove the books of Hebrews, James, Jude and Revelation from the canon (notably, he perceived them to go against certain Protestant doctrines such as sola gratia and sola fide), but this was not generally accepted among his followers. However, these books are ordered last in the German-language Luther Bible to this day.[5]

"If Luther's negative view of these books were based only upon the fact that their canonicity was disputed in early times, 2 Peter might have been included among them, because this epistle was doubted more than any other in ancient times."[1] However, the prefaces that Luther affixed to these four books makes it evident "that his low view of them was more due to his theological reservations than with any historical investigation of the canon."[1]"

I don't dislike protestantism as a rivalry thing, as said I feel like I've had my own split with my catholic upbringing, but the fact that their history is so muddled is a worrisome one, from a worshiper's standpoint I would believe.

Anglicanism came about because a king wanted to divorce his wife. Most protestant religions were supported in Europe solely to wrestle or keep control over their population away from the pope. Evidence of this is due to the fact that many countries have as part of their constitution that the king or queen may not be catholic.
Nothing to do with the spiritual component, pure politics.
>>
>>34399720
who do you think put together the "canonical" bible?

the bible is there to help you understand the deeper Truths the books try to convey, not something to be worshipped idolatrously.
>>
>>34399662
don't apologize for what you feel. good luck my friend. we follow our hearts and god lays the pathway; he will do us well if we give him a chance to show us love without our testing and demands
>>
>>34399429
I find that reading the Bible and listening to what God is saying to me through it is the most enriching part of my faith. There's always some relevant wisdom that jumps off the page. Have you tried that?
>>34399445
21, about two years, I don't spend too much time on here cuz it's clearly not a good place, but it isn't all bad either. There's a lot of humanity here.
>>34399454
No
>>
>>34399023
Haha classic /r9k/ this is why I still come to this board. Show that roastie who's boss.
>>
>>34399489
>>34399592
So...it is a mixture of leniency/acceptance with the fact that you're still a sinner with a sprinkle of messiah-complex. Interesting. So, the fact you choose this place where every other picture is pornography, blasphemy, and generally unholiness doesn't matter so long as you NEVER reciprocate any of the obscenity in your own mind? Like how jesus did? Otherwise you'd just be further poisoning your minds with this place and pushing yourself away farther from god. Wouldn't want that would we? And of course this whole thread isn't meant to feed some attention starved ego and ensuring so by labeling the fact you're a female right?
>>
File: 1442639444647.png (888KB, 632x605px) Image search: [Google]
1442639444647.png
888KB, 632x605px
>>34399596
I agree with you, and that's a valid point. But like you said, this is a worldwide religious institution, not a secular one. The fact that it was clergymen who were committing such a grievous sin makes it especially heinous. Added to that, they have taken a vow of celibacy. Added to THAT, they are against sodomy. There are so many layers of hypocrisy on top of the regular charge of child molestation it becomes hard to compare it with a secular organization. The fact that their instances of child rape are no different than secular people is nothing but a case against their whole religion and Christians everywhere. That is the big deal.

Well, that and the fact that instead of casting out their tumors, they decided to hide it and cover for them and allow them to continue raping kids.
>42And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. 43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched

Fuck the pope and fuck the Catholic church.
>>
>>34399756
the bible doesnt claim to be a science book. the book is basically written by humans, and as such, i do think humans were limited in terms of what they knew. its divinely inspired by god, but its intended to be a book about how to live a moral life, its not concerned with astronomy or physics or botany
>>
>>34399833
It sure makes some scientific claims, like faith can move mountains and the Earth has four corners
>>
>>34399494
Well I and generally my church believes in biblical christianity.
>>34399512
Belief is a funny thing. It isn't a choice and it isn't necessarily logical. I could tell myself I don't believe in God and read all the atheist literature out there, but in my heart I would still know that God created me and loves me and wants me to choose him.
>>34399551
If you try to steal a girl it isn't going to go well.
Just trust God to take care of you and live for him and good things will happen.
>>
>>34399720

>they accept other books besides the bible as cannon.
Such as? If you're referring to things like the council of nicea or dogma or something, then of course they do. even protestants pick up some of those. But it's too vague so I won't comment further on this one.

> they beleive in having "saints" pray for you
This one is more loose, but you have people in every church or faith say something along the lines of "I'll pray for you" or "Please pray for this anon, he is going through a hard time right now and blah blah blah". What you say as having "saints" pray for you is just asking them to pray for you in much the same way that having someone else pray for you would be. Now, you can argue that you shouldn't need someone to pray for you at all, but that's aside the point, as it's not really a catholic issue anymore then.

>they beleive you need to confess to a priest in order to be forgiven for sins, which the bible says specifically is not the case.
"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Matthew 18:18
>>
>>34399883
Just because it's in your 'heart' doesn't make it true, the Universe doesn't follow common sense
>>
>>34399833
If the bible cannot be trusted to provide you basic facts about the world, how can it be trusted to provide you moral guidance approved by some omnipotent deity?

If the humans writing it were limited in their knowledge of the world, and for that reason erred when writing the aforementioned sections of the bible, how do we know they did not err when writing the other sections about morals, like Psalms, Proverbs, Leviticus, etc.?
>>
>>34398722
do you let guys cum inside of your ass as a loophole to taking it in the cunny?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttw5a6xRj6c
please say yes it will make me diamonds
>>
>>34399903
B-but it was god inspired on how to live a life for god

When people say it's inspired by god, they literally mean he orchestrated it so anything in there is true by proxy, what they don't mean is that it was inspired by thoughts of a god. Which makes them wrong.
>>
>>34399903
Also, god cannot be subject to judgement on a human moral grounding
>>
>>34399724
21, I would like a relationship, but only with a good man.
>>34399756
I'll have to look up the Genesis stuff but I don't think it says that. I believe Jesus rose from the dead. That is the central tenant of christianity.
>>
>>34399429
this is complicated and something you need to truly take upon yourself to understand. atonement isn't a process, you're dealing with something else. you've convinced yourself to feel a certain way, and you are led back into it because you are failing in your trials to overcome it. don't be disheartened when you experience something emotional that makes you feel like you are set back. you are using it to enable yourself to feel bad once more when you do not make it priority to believe again. when we choose to become better men, we must do so with no present promise to have the things we first dreamed of when we set out to higher ground. some who did not struggle to become great or those who are evil may have all the pleasures of your wildest dreams. but that is not the point of salvation, nor being righteous. being a better man does not make us worthy of anything more than what we already were. nothing, but everything through grace. inner peace
>>
>>34399910
Of course some women do it. Mostly at Catholic schools. That meme has been around forever.
>>
>>34399910
No. I'm not even sure if anal sex between a married couple is ok.
>>
File: 1404660747649.jpg (250KB, 533x810px) Image search: [Google]
1404660747649.jpg
250KB, 533x810px
I am not religious nor spiritual, but I have become interested in becoming both, specifically in the scope of orthodoxy

but my problem is that I can't bring myself to believe something like god exists, nor how I could believe that christianity is somehow the true religion and all the others are wrong

pls help
>>
>>34399973
http://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/1.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmament
For hundreds of years people thought that the Sun revolved around the earth and would hear of no other alternatives due to the dominance of the church's cosmology and their desire to suppress anything that contradicted their version of the truth.

Read some history books about the ancient Egyptians, then reread Genesis and Exodus (especially the story of Joseph) and tell me if it still makes sense to you.

I have no illusion of convincing any christian that Jesus didn't rise from the dead, since as you stated it is a central tenet of Christianity. I simply think that an adult who had never heard such a claim before would be quite unlikely to give it any serious consideration without some very strong evidence.
>>
>>34399973
Would you marry a "good man" that is an atheist, or is being Christian part of being a "good man" to you?
>>
>>34399973
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xtQ_D8nToo
>>
>>34400094
I don't know about orthodoxy, but maybe the best thing you can do is go out on a limb a little bit and try to get close to God. Draw near to him and he will draw near to you. Maybe you will feel his presence and know that he's real.
Tough personal questions this time around.
>>
>>34400153
thanks for the response
I have been trying to open my mind to god, but there's just this fedora tipper logic mentality that holds me back, and I wish I could just drop that and have faith
>>
>>34400128
He would have to be a Christian.
>>
>>34400256
Why would he have to be a Christian? Don't want anyone that can challenge your worldview?
>>
>>34400256
Even if he was literally perfect in your eyes besides not being Christian? That's pretty harsh, man.
>>
>>34400324
Because marrying someone with an ideology fundamentally opposed to you is batshit insane and a recipe for disaster?
Go tip your fedora somewhere else.
>>
>>34400324
Don't want anyone who will draw me away from God. I would like a marriage as God intended it.
>>
>>34400355
Eat a dick, motherfucker, that's why Christianity is made up and full of bullshit claims. Judaism is also false and so is Islam
>>
Even though you gracefully sidestepped my question, twice, ill give up and ask you another one. Is having knowledge of the bible even required in church anymore? I know I sound like a d-bag, but im really asking.
>>
>>34400364
You'd have to demonstrate that a god exists first, which apparently can't be done so your belief is irrational

Is it logical? Maybe, but you can't argue a god into existence
>>
>>34400364
>Don't want anyone who will draw me away from God
Unless you marry a pastor or something, every man will be taking at least some of your time that could be spent making yourself closer to God away.
>>
File: 1414023790472.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414023790472.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>34400374
So Christianity is made up and full of bullshit claims because some Christian woman won't marry your autistic ass?
Keking hard desu
>>
>>34400386
can you prove god doesn't exist as well?
>>
ITT: faggots falling for yet another LARPing """femanon"""
Kys
>>
>>34400394
I don't care about marriage, you fucking moron, I'm not the one that asked if she'd marry an Atheist because I don't give a fuck other than the fact that she said she won't because she's restricting herself from potential good partners.

>inb4 like you

Your jumping to the conclusion that it's because she won't marry me is the stupidest shit I've ever read and you should kill yourself for it because you don't serve to advance human thinking
>>
>>34400415
It can be shown to be unlikely due to the evidence in Scientific processes
>>
>>34400380
Well everyone is welcome even if they don't know much about the Bible. But you should want to learn more, and if you come to church regularly you will learn a lot just from there.
>>34400391
I want someone who I can grow closer to God together with.
>>
>>34400415
Reddit tier man. Just let the atheists spew. They havent got the stamina.
>>
>>34400415
I didn't say "PROVE A GOD EXISTS" by the way, I said demonstrate, with Calculus.
>>
>>34400415
You can't prove the invisible God-eater doesn't exist, so either God doesn't exist, or he's been eaten.
>>
>>34400440
Can't get much further from God than being an atheist, so they can only get closer, you know?
>>
File: chaos hungers.jpg (565KB, 1783x2520px) Image search: [Google]
chaos hungers.jpg
565KB, 1783x2520px
>>34400364
>Don't want anyone who will draw me away from God. I would like a marriage as God intended it.

If you like God so much, then you should marry him.

God is a metaphor for the perfect order, the perfect 1.

Of course reality is marked by difference and change, so God is ultimately a projection of man's fear of death.

He fears being broken down from his unity into chaos, but that is the natural order of reality.

Its only in civilization where people can maintain the delusion that chaos ultimately bows to order and not the other way around.
>>
File: 378.jpg (36KB, 680x407px) Image search: [Google]
378.jpg
36KB, 680x407px
>>34400427
You replied to her post replying to the other guy, logically it would follow that you care about his question, which was about marriage. Thus, you care about marriage. His topic.
You follow logic, right? After all, fedoras love to talk about how "logical" they are.

Anyway, what about what I said makes Christianity "made up and full of bullshit claims"? What exactly made you rage so hard if you don't care?

You're really funny btw.
>>
>>34400440
Well good luck and godspeed. I think youre in over your head here. Maybe you are larping, or maybe you thought to pull people out of this abyss, but you dont have the sword to cut through these tares.
>>
>>34400439
how so? I can just cop out and say all this science was made by god
maybe it's being intellectually dishonest but still

>>34400439
true, and I need to get back to cat pictures or going to sleep

>>34400448
semantics

>>34400457
you can't prove god doesn't have god-eater protections
check mate god-eater
/shitpost
christianity is about faith in the one god, the one christian god, not about the science of whether or not other contradicting gods exist

i'm not even christian either
enough shitposting discourse though, goodnight all
>>
>>34400493
No, that's actually a non-sequitur so literally the logic doesn't follow, you imbecile
>>
>>34400493
I hate Christians and their discriminatory preferences, I care about discrimination against Atheists, I don't give a fuck about marriage, by the way
>>
>>34399090
Where do you think the Bible came from retard?
>>
>>34400506
You'd have to demonstrate that your god exists first in order for the claim "science was made by god" to be true, you can't just claim it and expect to win the argument

>semantics
Not really
>>
>>34400534
ok last post for real
I'm not claiming anything, whether or not god exists is not proven by either side and boils down to faith
>>
File: tipsfedota.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tipsfedota.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>34398722

how can an adult believe in a god?

i mean seriously, how can an intelligent and rational person believe in a god? how can somebody whose taken a highschool science class possibly believe in a higher power despite the enormous amount of evidence that proves there is no god?

inb4
>science tells us how, religion tells us why :^)

pic related its me
>>
>>34400415

can you prove there isnt a teapot orbiting the moon?
>>
>>34400569
But there's no demonstrable reason to believe a god exists. My position isn't a position of faith because it isn't a claim, it's the rejection of a claim and notion
>>
>>34400581
>Strawman: the post literally
You look fucking stupid
>>
File: 1485294881913.jpg (128KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1485294881913.jpg
128KB, 900x675px
>>34400512
>person A asks question about topic
>person B responds
>person C defends person A with the same topic
Logically, person C cares about person A's topic. Correct? Or are you so "enlightened by your own intelligence" that you can't understand this?
>>
>>34400612
op said ask her (male) anything, so i did.
>>
>>34400628
Again, a non-sequitur. Do you know what a non-sequitur is?
>>
File: 1414148584053.jpg (59KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1414148584053.jpg
59KB, 853x480px
>>34400593
Given the resources, yes.
>>
>>34400581
Wow. I can almost smell the craft beer and "artisan" cuisine.
>>
>>34400633
No, your post was trying to mirror what you think Atheist would say

You're being a reverse 'poe'
>>
File: 1437533507641.jpg (57KB, 729x621px) Image search: [Google]
1437533507641.jpg
57KB, 729x621px
>>34400640
It's actually not though, is the thing.
>>
>>34400644
I think he means an invisible teapot
>>
>>34400658
The logic doesn't follow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

So is this, it's a ting, familar
>>
File: 1424271334173.png (48KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424271334173.png
48KB, 217x250px
>>34400520
>I hate Christians and their discriminatory preferences, I care about discrimination against Atheists
Holy shit this is funny.

So she's discriminating against atheists by refusing to marry one....? Hahahahaha
*tipping intensifies*
>>
File: siena.jpg (730KB, 1024x732px) Image search: [Google]
siena.jpg
730KB, 1024x732px
>>34400581
I think your conception of God is too limited. and your understanding of religion. what helped me move on from atheism was viewing religion through a sociological lense. it snowballed from there.

the best way to get a foot in the door, re: god, is "simulation theory": what if we were living in a simulation? assume that it's 100% true, how could we ever possibly know it if it wasn't designed for us to know it? "god" could be possible in the same way. you can argue whether or not it's likely, but we can't possibly know without experiencing the "outside" directly. that's where more interesting mystical aspects of religion (gnosticism, perennialism) come into play.

there's so much more to religion than you probably think. I used to be a basic fedora as well, and I understand most of the arguments. part of accepting religion though, is acknowledging the possibility of things beyond the material, observable universe (think in terms of simulation theory and its more palatable)

I dislike fundamentalism and biblical literalism and creationism as much as you do. but there's so much depth and height to religion that I strongly encourage you to read more into it. Haidt would probably be a good place to start (pretty sure he's an atheist)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_WdU5aGkA
>>
>>34400691
>She's discriminating against blacks because she refuses to marry one because they're not from the same class
Refusing to marry someone because they don't share the same faith or don't share any faith at all is discriminatory. You child
>>
>>34400738
TIL ideological discernment = racial segregation. Hmmm
>>
>>34400721
No matter what conception of god it is, the evidence doesn't support it. The evidence supports that all god's were made up and the logic doesn't follow that just because we're here that's evidence for a god. No one's talking about the possibility of a god here, we're talking about demonstrable evidence that doesn't follow the idea. Any definition you put in place would be a god of the gaps argument
>>
File: 1432951666370.jpg (38KB, 567x523px) Image search: [Google]
1432951666370.jpg
38KB, 567x523px
>>34400678
Man... this is not the same thing. I can see how you would think so though.

Your example would be true, if his reply had nothing to do with the original topic and I was simply associating him and the first guy due to them both replying. But it did, and he defended the first guy and his topic. It stands to reason that someone arguing in favor of something, cares about that thing. No?

Did you just learn about that and are trying to use it in conversation? Good try but didn't quite work.
>>
>>34400721
Not that anon but my problem isn't so much whether god exists or not. It's that even if god or some sort of similar concept exists, why should I care? Even if it's the traditional Christian god that made us in his image and all that jazz, why should I bow down to the guy?
>>
File: 1425088419643.jpg (150KB, 406x537px) Image search: [Google]
1425088419643.jpg
150KB, 406x537px
>>34400738
>will you marry me?
>no
>STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME
Lmfao
I actually kind of wish you would push this narrative, so betas can claim discrimination when roasties reject us.
>>
>>34400767
Classism isn't 'racial segregation', first off. Second it was a...

I forgot the word
>>
>>34400771
>No matter what conception of god it is, the evidence doesn't support it.
you realize that's an extremely ignorant statement to make right?

what if god is a metaphor for the universe itself? what if he's also more than that? again, think beyond "this material universe". simulation theory, entertain it for a bit and tell me what you think.
>>
>>34400798
Did I say "Will you marry me?"

No, you fucking child.

>>34400772
No, the transitive property doesn't work here. It doesn't follow that just because I replied to a post about marriage, that I care about marriage myself. It just doesn't and no matter how many times you say it does, it won't make you right.
>>
>>34398722
How does it feel knowing that you're in a religion that has hurt my relationship between me and my parents? How does it feel to believe in complete idiocy, read that fucking bible. How does it feel that the mindset of Christians is basically "Fuck everyone but us". Fucking saged.
>>
>>34400805
Strawman? I think that was the word. And No. Choosing to associate with people based on ideology is the entire bedrock of the left. Its no more classism than choosing to marry a math major or someone who practices the same martial art.
>>
>>34400813
I've entertained it before, the evidence doesn't support it either. If you say you understand QFT, you probably don't understand it. There are people who spend their lives studying this shit.
>>
File: 1413907194649.jpg (86KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1413907194649.jpg
86KB, 700x525px
>>34400828
You're too much lmao best laughs I've had all day.
Seems like you'd be fun to hang out with.
>>
>>34400845
No, it wasn't a strawman, because I wasn't building up an argument to refute it myself
>>
File: 7181173.jpg (16KB, 259x400px) Image search: [Google]
7181173.jpg
16KB, 259x400px
I am sorry to post this so suddenly and randomly, but the OP's picture... I am now curious on where the picture originally came from.
>>
>>34400787
You, specifically, don't have to (though I recommend you at least try to find God), but on a societal scale, the concept has been important.

You may like the sociological take on religion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_WdU5aGkA

A huge problem many atheists have is that they accept the fundamentalist interpretation of religion and ignore the deeper, richer understandings of religion that go beyond "EVENT X HAPPENED IN YEAR Y. IF SCIENCE DISAGREES SCIENCE IS WRONG".

I think this is what people mean when they say "science and religion don't contradict each other". If you take religious claims at face value, yes they obviously do. But if you take religion as a complex intersection of philosophy, allegory, poetry, ritual, and deep spirituality there's not really any need to discredit parts of the bible. People's attempts to do so start to look silly when you think of it that way.

I will concede that most religious believers DO take the events semi-literally, or pick and choose which they take literally, but even at that level, there's more to it than a lot of atheists give it credit for. Atheists generally rebut the historical or scientific aspects of scripture as if the Bible is just some historical fanfiction trying to explain what happened in the past and nothing more. To me, that's missing the point.
>>
>>34400915
How does one 'find god'?
>>
>>34400850
I'm not talking about simulation theory in a formal physics sense, I'm just asking you to imagine that everything we live in is a "simulation". That there's some "higher" universe where the rules may be totally different.

Or if that's difficult: imagine you're a video game character. How would you ever know about the programmers or the person outside of the game playing it?
>>
>>34400948
Supposedly through gnosis (direct intuitive knowledge of God, something you're as certain of as your own consciousness). I haven't done it yet, but there's a good book on a similar topic:

The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxley.
>>
>>34400915
Ok, I can agree with you on most of that. I really do respect religion for its impact on society and contributions to culture around the world. Plus it seems like the people who are invested in the communities are often more content than their friends outside the church. However, the fact remains that the viewing of religion as a melding of a bunch of different aspects of human culture is uncommon at best. Religion as it's practiced and preached on a day to day basis is all under ancient assumptions about the magic guy who lives in heaven and tells you to kill the other nice people because they believe in the other sky man. Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, but to me, "what religion can be" and "what religion is in reality" are two very different things. I could "practice" religion in the sense you described, but at the end of the day that wouldn't be any different than contemplating general philosophy.
>>
>>34400964
Well, due to the laws of Physics, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You're gonna have to demonstrate something can violate that.
>>34400984
Religious experiences are inconsistent and thus not trustworthy as evidence for a god. There's no demonstrable method in Gnosis, for example, you can't learn something you didn't already know. Religious truths are just claims about the universe that we can't gather evidence for, unfalsifiable therefore untrustworthy.

Like I used to believe we were all physically dead and nothing could get us out of this reality except shunning the material world, this is a thing I believed because I had a religious experience that told me so, is it true? Most probably not so I abandoned this notion along with any idea of a god.
>>
>>34401015
Most people aren't smart enough to understand the deeper functions of religion. The history of the tension (and sometimes animosity) between the priest caste and average believers makes a lot more sense when you view religion from this exoteric/esoteric split perspective.

>Obviously I'm exaggerating a bit, but to me, "what religion can be" and "what religion is in reality" are two very different things. I could "practice" religion in the sense you described, but at the end of the day that wouldn't be any different than contemplating general philosophy.
One of the interesting things about religion is how flexible our beliefs are. I used to be a hard headed agnostic, I'd debate with people YEAH BUT THERE'S NO EVIDENCE over and over. It wasn't until I opened myself to the possibility of religion not being complete stupid bullshit (I started seeing its function as a social adhesive and common moral framework) that I started to see value in it. I'm still not "officially" religious myself, I don't go to church and I can't tell you all the books of the Bible, but I am fairly convinced that there is a lot more to it than I thought 5 years ago. One book that really changed my perspective is the Perennial Philosophy. It pretty much convinced me that God exists, in some form or another.

>>34401040
Untrustworthy and unfalsifiable don't mean "false". My goal isn't to convince you a snake gave two naked people an apple. My goal is to get you to accept the POSSIBILITY of god. The best way to realize this is through the "simulation" thought experiment. Everything else can flow from that if you want it to.

You're trying to bludgeon religion to death with the scientific method and it just makes you look naive. You're missing a huge part of it.
>>
What is your opinion of traps?

Do you believe that women should be subservient to men?

What is your most common sexual fantasy?
>>
>>34398722
>devout
>knowledgeable

>female
>anonymous

Gee billy why does your mom let you have TWO starburst commercials
>>
>>34401183
I accept the possibility of a god, is it likely is the question? You can't presuppose that shit, bro, you need to demonstrate that it's a probability. It's not about accepting the possibility, it's about whether there are any demonstrable reasons to believe in a god. Something can be possible and improbable at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>34401232
The "reasons" are personal and sociological. Hence my recommendation of Haidt. probability doesn't play a role in the equation.

Think of religion as a self help philosophy for individuals and communities if that helps. There are so many ways to conceive of it, limiting your criticism to scientific rebuttals of a text made 2000 years ago is frankly juvenile.

maybe you think religion harms society? maybe you think gnosis is a mind virus or mental illness? I don't care if you take an antagonistic role really, I just wish your criticism operated at a deeper level. "x didn't happen" is 2006 era Youtube atheism. It's extremely lazy and I'm sad I have to have this conversation over and over and over.
>>
>>34401183
>Most people aren't smart enough to understand the deeper functions of religion.
That's my point. It doesn't matter if the deeper functions are the "real" version of religion, what matters is the practical day to day experience. It's like communism; a theoretically sound form of governance but every time its tried in real life it fails to live up to its ideals (and often goes against them). Religion unfortunately falls into the same trap, and my point isn't that people should stop believing and disregard all value of religion, but rather they should temper their behavior and find other reasons to live moral, introspective lives.
>One of the interesting things about religion is how flexible our beliefs are.
If they're so flexible then what's the point? How many things can you take away from religion before it turns into something else?
>I'm still not "officially" religious myself, I don't go to church and I can't tell you all the books of the Bible...
I understand what you're saying but I don't agree with the weight you're putting on this revelation of yours. Religion needs some amount of structure to be considered legitimate and your views would likely be disregarded by most major religious institutions. I might be misconstruing your views however, so let me ask you this: based on your current views of religion, what should be its purpose in modern society, and why can't we get that purpose from something else like general philosophy or introspection?
>>
>>34401365
How did god resurrect Jesus? With magic?
>>
>>34401365
http://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/11868
>>
File: 1480263648830.jpg (162KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1480263648830.jpg
162KB, 1280x853px
I identify most with the Fundamental Baptist belief system, essentially /BJU/core, I don't know how similar that is to your beliefs, but that's not the question I'm asking.

>Be a Pastor's son
>Live in the Northwest region of the US
>I grew up very isolated
>Was home schooled, and finished with a GED

I tried to help in several ministry areas while I was growing up, mostly with people around my age and in college, but I was bullied out by a lot of the people in these said witnessing programs, this happened quite a lot not only with younger people, but the adults as well were jerks. Granted I've had some of these people apologize to me, but this isn't the the thing I'm bringing up.

Now, I tend to avoid Church, and I don't really have warm feelings for the brethren just due to past incidents, we have a church of 20ish people, so I feel like everyone's eyes are constantly on me.

I feel as though any enthusiasm for God and his ways were killed when my friend turned his back on me and falsely accused me.

My question to you is this, have you ever been turned off spiritually, how do you get this kind of thing back, call it peace or intimacy? (If I'm making any sense)

Also, any tips on getting along with other Christians, and what the best thing to when there's conflict?
>>
>>34401420
He's quite literally a cuck.

http://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/6737
>>
>>34401514
So? What does his sexual preferences have to do with his work as an Atheist activist or his work as a historian?
>>
File: trump-smug.jpg (106KB, 484x252px) Image search: [Google]
trump-smug.jpg
106KB, 484x252px
>>34401369
>what should be its purpose in modern society
I couldn't tell you. The way things are going it looks like we're going to revert to tribal belief systems organized by class and ethnicity.

>you will live to see the Kekromancers ambush the Mohammed Ass Niggas squadron in the road war
>Jack Ma Khan's Mongolian Buddha Bruddas will pull you into their compound and force you to convert or have molten lead poured down your throat

>>34401420
this is just ridiculously stupid. like reading the writings of a child with 140 IQ. are you letting that person think for you? is that why you keep missing the point?
>>
>>34401542
How old are you? It doesn't matter because your arguments are 100% logically sound so you shouldn't hesitate to tell us. No one here is dumb enough to respond with ad hominems.
>>
>>34401542
Doesn't an atheist polygamist just prove we need Christs teachings now more than ever?
>>
>>34398722
How can God allow evil, yet be benevolent?
Blah blah free will, but why do natural disasters happen?
>>
File: 1435428942773.gif (259KB, 350x622px) Image search: [Google]
1435428942773.gif
259KB, 350x622px
>>34398722
Were you always devout? How did you find out about this website? How long have you been browsing it?

I'm also a Christian, but pretty much every other peer I come across withing the community is just another seemingly brainwashed fuckhead who never even read Augustine's works. They're just into it because they've been indoctrinated from youth and have never openly questioned it out of fear.

Do you drink? who's your favorite film director?
>>
>>34401548
I'm not missing the point, everyone uses Bayesian reasoning, you can't take the evidence of something and put it towards your god when it can fit as evidence for any other god. I'm not missing the point, you are. You think that just because something is possible that it's probable, when that is not and will never be the case. Everything seems random and not conduced to order, this more likely if there was no god than if there was one.
>>34401573
No, why would someone's sexual preference prove that a religious doctrine is true and that we need to abide by it? People have been polyamorous throughout history, well men have been poly. Women didn't get to be.
>>34401570
I'm 26, bro. What does it have to do with anything?
>>
>>34401631
You have shit taste in film, bro, kill yourself
>>
>>34401649
>You think that just because something is possible that it's probable
No, I don't.
>I'm 26, bro. What does it have to do with anything?
OK I'm out then. Irredeemable.
>>
>>34401649
>trying to explain inductive logic on /r9k/
God speed you, you damn idiot
>>
>>34401369
This reeks of William James
>>
>>34401548
>I couldn't tell you. The way things are going it looks like we're going to revert to tribal belief systems organized by class and ethnicity.
Well it's old purpose, whether intentional or not, was societal control. Religion might have caused a lot of rape and pillaging but it prevented a lot more. However like I was saying, it's now outdated in that role. It's like using horses for transportation when cars exist. Now I don't know about neo-tribalism and all that, but I can tell you that the internet and mass communication will eventually achieve what religion always set out to do: global social cohesion. The reason why every religion has wanted to be THE religion is to get everyone on the same page (whether for peace or power is speculation). But now everyone's connected through different means, and instead of finding common ground via Jesus people can find it through Netflix. Now you or someone else might make the argument that the decline of religion and rise of mass communication is "bad" but that's a subjective argument you can't prove without relying on the moral definitions of the system you're defending. The objective of any means of social control is merely to perpetuate itself, and by that benchmark religion is definitely losing.
>>
>>34401718
I'll fully admit that I don't know who that is.
>>
>>34401649
There's no point trying to show conclusive evidence for God since there is none by design, for knowledge of the existence of God is tantamount to removing your free will. If God himself showed himself to you, would you convert? Of course you would, everyone would. No-one wants to go to hell, and yet that is exactly why he cannot since you need to give yourself freely to him.
>>
>>34398722
God bless fem anon.
>>
>>34401853
That sounds like the most ad hoc shit I've ever read and people eat this shit up like it's logical and even if it was, you can't argue your god into existence
>>
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
>>
>>34401890
Yeah, shut the fuck up, women. Jesus Christ
>>
>>34401853
You retard you're proving his point. Everyone here, religious or not, agrees with the statement "there is no conclusive evidence for God" (otherwise everyone would believe in him, right?). Ok, so then what's the more likely reason for why no conclusive evidence exists? Is it because A) god does exist and is hiding it from us or B) god doesn't exist. All logic points to B because it's far more likely than A. If you read that other anon's link you'd see a great metaphor for this concept. Consider a person accused of murder on trial. The accused claims someone else performed the murder, but says that he can't show conclusive evidence of it. Will the judge believe him? Of course not because it's so unlikely that the chances might as well be zero. Similarly, by trying to claim that God existing is more likely because there's no conclusive evidence you only dig a deeper ditch. Why would one unlikely claim be made more likely by adding another unlikely claim to it?
>>
>>34400094
Well there are a lot of ways which I have discovered that has shown Christianity to be a cut above the rest. But it without a doubt has much sophisticated theology than any other religion. Also you have to realize atheists are the most dishonest people and the biggest liars in the world. Half of the shit in Dawkin's books have been proven to be flat out lies and he only sold them to stroke the egos of pseudo-intellectuals. Also the meme about their being a 10000000+ religions is a flat out lie. Throughout most of history many cultures have shared religions, during Rome you had legionaries worshiping Iranian war gods and praying to Celtic goddess. Also many religions usually have like 'sub-gods', for example the demigods for the Hindus or saints in Catholicism and usually one big guy in charge. So there is a pattern there. Atheists live sad lives no matter how much they try to hide it.
>>
>>34401978
>All logic points to B because it's far more likely than A
All logic points to the fact the Earth is flat
>>
>>34402041
Explain gravity using a flat earth model.
>>
>>34402041
Well, not ALL logic.
>>
>>34402041
You can't be this dense. Come on.
>>
>>34398722
Which version of the Bible is the most accurate and/or unadulterated? What are your thoughts on your own denomination or choice? Why not Baptist? Nazarene? Etc...
Also
Are you single?
>>
>>34402084
History is littered with logical 'common sense' answers being totally wrong. Are you arrogant enough to presume that you're right just on the idea that it 'makes sense'.
>>
File: 1484211703729.png (261KB, 551x491px) Image search: [Google]
1484211703729.png
261KB, 551x491px
>>34398722
Shut the fuck up, no one cares. Stop trying to seem "pure" because you're religious.

t. Catholic femanon
>>
>>34402160
But Bayesian reasoning isn't just common sense
>>
>>34402160
That has nothing to do with the reasoning that's been laid out. Does someone saying 2 + 2 = 5 make arithmetic any less true? Of course not.
>>
>>34402236
No but just because your gut tells you something doesn't mean that necessarily the right answer. Using 'occams razor' and concluding that must be the right answer is fraught with danger considering a whole load of science defies common sense.
>>
>>34402174
Let me fuck you in the ath
>>
>>34402174
>Catholic
You need to escape
t. halfspic
>>
>>34402295
>fraught with danger
The whole reason you accept the far more likely answer is because the other option is fraught with MORE danger (i.e. it's more likely to be incorrect). I will again return to the analogy of the man on trial but go through it a bit more in depth this time.

A man stands trial accused of murder, and a judge is tasked with hearing him out and ultimately deciding if he's guilty or not. In his own defense, the accused makes a claim: that he is innocent and that another person, "the real culprit," committed the crime instead. The judge doesn't know if this real culprit exists, but does know one fact: there was no evidence found of someone else at the crime scene. The judge brings this point up but the accused goes, "Aha! Exactly! The real culprit must've taken care of all evidence after they committed the murder." That leaves the judge with two possibilities: A) This real culprit does exist and did inactive get rid of any and all evidence or B) The accused made it up. Now both options present danger. If the judge believes A but B was true, then he lats a murderer go free. If the judge believes B but A was true, he punishes an innocent man. Let's lay aside moral debates and assume both dangers are equally bad. How then does the judge decide? Well the judge will go with B and find the accused guilty. It's not that A isn't possible, it's just that it's less likely (far less likely even) than B. I mean if he let the accused go based on that argument it would be impossible to convict anytime. You could technically prove anything by merely showing that it's possible.
>>
>>34399062
>by operating outside of those churches you aren't only denied salvation but you're also a heretic.

HAHAHA FUCKING CHRISTFAGS

Jesus literally died on the cross to release you from the bindings of corrupt temples and a priest class that coined the concept of origin sin to bind man from birth and what do you stupid niggers do?

You go right back to corrupt, idol worshipping churches who claim to own the sole keys to the gates of heaven.

Not even religious but the level of retardation within the rules of your own religion makes my head spin.

The literal saviour of mankind is sent down from God himself and you deny his purpose every single day, not only do you deny his purpose but you cast it on others that your organized of manpriests own the keys to the gate, nevermind what Jesus said or did etc.

rifk
>>
So you're saying the Holy Trinity is not real and Catholic is not the real religion?

We must be church mates?

Do you have crosses in your church?
>>
seems to be hip to bash religion
its a bit outdated mechanic for bringing ppl togather
but it certainly helped communities to form and bond
something thats missing nowadays
>>
>>34398722
What is your thoughts on limited atonement?
>>
>>34399381
Prodistantism also threw Christian Europe into one of the longest and bloodiest wars in existence.
>>
>>34400386
>You'd have to demonstrate that a god exists first

What makes you think she's obliged to do that?
>>
File: picture-221.png (427KB, 631x671px) Image search: [Google]
picture-221.png
427KB, 631x671px
>LUTHER JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO READ THE BIBLE AND FIND THE WORD OF GOD ON THEIR OWN THIS CANT BE BAD RIGHT?

see pic related and all the other 211321 denominations this has spawned. So many disgraceful churches that directly contradict the bible while autistically screeching SOLA SCRIPTURA (except they didnt mean this literally!!!!!)
>>
>>34403344
Because those are the requirements for a valid argument
>>
>>34403405
It's not an argument. You're the one who's trying to turn this into an argument, she only made a statement.
>>
>>34403621
She made a presuppositional statement. My post wasn't an argument either, it was the criteria for a valid argument
>>
>>34403733
>it was the criteria for a valid argument

Not really. You just pushed your subjective opinions on her as if they were objective fact.
>>
>>34404127
>It's an opinion that she has to demonstrate her god exists before anyone of sound mind could believe her
Yeah, no
>>
>>34403345
> SOLA SCRIPTURA

You think the Protestants who loudly proclaim Sola Scripture are the same as the ones in your pic? Of course not. Those ones are more Sola Modernism. You do realise merely calling yourself Protestant doesn't mean you share all the views of other Protestants. That applies to Catholics as well. Even the Pope does not truly represent the views of all Catholics.
>>
File: kek-small.jpg (66KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
kek-small.jpg
66KB, 500x440px
>>34399090
>2000 years of tradition means literally nothing.

Proof that Protestantism is more stupidity than heresy.
>>
File: HAIL !!!.jpg (132KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
HAIL !!!.jpg
132KB, 1200x675px
>>34399551

then be ready to stay kissless virgin until marriage.

(well, sometime an innocent small kiss on the cheek may be accepted)
>>
>>34398995
>I think protestantism is more in line with how the church is meant to be.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: kek mein kek.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek mein kek.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
originorum originaliter oreganum

>>34399756
[ citation needed ]
>>
>>34399910
faggot.

anal sex and oral sex are both against nature.

onanism (and also pulling out before ejaculation) were the reason Onan got destroyed by God.

source: Bible.
>>
File: santaclaus.jpg (297KB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
santaclaus.jpg
297KB, 2048x1361px
>>34400581
>how can an adult believe in a god?

because either the adult is a stupidfag believing in some false god (Muslims, Protestants, Jehowah's Witnesses...) or some supernatural concept (Buddhism and the likes), or he is a good and reasonable man believing in the only true God (because the universe didn't create itself).

The only true church is the Roman Catholic one, even if currently sports a Pope and a hierarchy a bit compromised with heresies and moral issues.

(btw a pedopriest only makes news if Roman Catholic; a pedolawyer, a pedoteacher, a pedosoldier, and mostly pedojews, won't make any news headlines).
>>
>>34401631

TL;DR: Roman Catholicism is not bigotry.

Long version: I'm a Devout Roman Catholic, I drink beer, whiskey, wine, without exaggeration (that is, never got wasted).
>>
>>34405346
>pro-trump

God wouldn't agree with such a hatemongering adulterer hypocrite playing bible belt cucks for votes

abandon thread
>>
>>34405485
>The only true church is the Roman Catholic one, even if currently sports a Pope and a hierarchy a bit compromised with heresies and moral issues.
What's wrong with Orthodoxfags?
>>
File: 1480785316307.png (33KB, 575x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480785316307.png
33KB, 575x500px
>>34398722
Should I be ashamed myself for being a filthy slut who admires pussy

How do I stop paying attention to real women and men the hypocrisy that is mankind and focus on artificial intelligence and fantasy

I want to ignore the real world and just dream...
>>
>>34399796

show that roastie who's virgin and insecure*
>>
File: kek mein kek.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek mein kek.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>34399381
>Martin Luther did nothing wrong

Adolf Hitler neither
>>
>>34405571

they're schismatic.
also, they are not literally orthodox, because they proliferated a lot of doctrinal issues (mostly secondary ones, but alo some important ones about marriage)
>>
>>34405883

Which issues specifically do you have an objection to? Because apart from general cultural difference I don't see anything that important.
>>
>>34406058

there *must* be something important and different from the usual "Wont Obey Popes Muh Dick" blabbering
>>
>>34398722
>ask a Christian femanon
> femanon
sage&hide
>>
File: IMG_0075.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0075.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>34399444
4chan is actually a website of logic and reason.

Checkmate Christcucks
>>
Why are you here?

Originalcommenttbh
>>
>>34401660
He didn't share his taste in film
>>
>>34398995
>muh sola scriptura
this is the reason why fundamentalism exist
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.