[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you guys lives are so bad why not convert to Christianity?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1472325400250.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472325400250.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
If you guys lives are so bad why not convert to Christianity?

>Life is given meaning
>Sense of belonging
>Good community
>Support groups
>>
>>34396622
I really have no faith in him
I've kinda accepted a godless world
Unless you can convince me to lie to myself
>>
File: url.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>tfw christian
>tfw too beta to interact with anybody at my school's club, just sit in the back and mumble to anyone who talks to me
>>
>No meaning is given if you don't genuinely believe, can't be forced.
>Not really
>Not always
>Lol no
>>
>>34396680
You're putting the cart before the horse. Faith comes later. Of course you can't believe if you haven't opened yourself up to the Holy Spirit, you think people just naturally believe in God? It takes time.

Plus even if you never believe you can seriously improve your life by just giving your life some structure and meaning
>>
>>34396622
>pray to invisible entity for good stuff to happen
>good stuff doesn't happen
>actually, more bad stuff happens
>"ANON UR NOT SUPPOSED TO ASK THINGS"

THEN WHY DO I NEED RELIGION YOU STUPID PIECE OF RETARDED SHIT
>>
If god can put me on this horrible fucking earth and not make me rich or have good looks, then he can fuck right off. He's evil, there's no reason to obey that fucking asshole.
>>
>>34396744
You think the point of religion is that if you're a good boy God comes down your chimney and leaves you presents?
>>
>>34396739
How can you improve from meaning you don't believe in ?
Also that seems kinda dumb desu, if I need to just jump into a religion and go with it , how do I know which one to do ?
>>
I've considered attending an orthodox church nearby but I always feel really weird about it. And I don't like the idea of church members approaching me and greeting me.
>>
>>34396780
T.. that's literally the point though. If you get enough GBP, you get to go to heaven after u die.
>>
>>34396800
>How can you improve from meaning you don't believe in ?
It's a way of life, you live by the bible, improve your life. Belief comes later after you witness the effects.

>how do I know which one to do ?
Any. The point is it will give you the structure and meaning you're missing. Aren't you tired of just going with the flow and living life without a purpose or goal?
>>
>you're born bad
>I can save you
>only if you do what I say
I can see the appeal and even the benefits of being spiritual, but it seems odd that religious people are so dogmatic. They say that no man can truly understand God, and yet they're adamant about their human interpretation of God's will being the correct one.
>>
>>34396872
>If you get enough GBP, you get to go to heaven after u die.
Completely wrong.
>>
church people are creepy as hell
>>
File: 1475658258684.png (175KB, 236x349px) Image search: [Google]
1475658258684.png
175KB, 236x349px
>>34396622
people who try to convert others crack me up.
"Dude just like pretend someone cares about you and like dude, did you know that guy MADE THE WORLD TOO!!! Just trust me on this dude it really works."
>>
>>34396956
Don't knock it til you've tried it. Faith improves the lives of billions of people around the world.
>>
>>34397030
How do you know if it's actually improving or if they're just feeling the placebo effect?
>>
>>34396919
Christianity was literally invented to have good servile goy taxpayers. I don't give a shit. We're all going towards the nothingness after we die anyway. Have fun wasting your time believing in bullshit.
>>
>>34396622
>>Life is given meaning
Only if you believe

>>Sense of belonging
Only if you believe AND others like you enough to let you get into their community (for realsies, which is different from just being allowed to be there)

>>Good community
Debatable.

>>Support groups
Debatable.

I'd love to believe, still, certainly worth it. Not possible, though. Once you've seen the holes, it'd never make sense.
>>
>>34396622
I wouldn't be true to myself, or the people around me if I just started going to church and praying. I have been an atheist since I was like 13 years old.

I'd like to believe there is a nice afterlife after this shitty life as much as the next guy, but I truly don't buy it.
>>
Contrary to popular belief, God did not promise to make your life easier in this world for having faith.
>>
>>34396744
Youre not supposed to just beg him for good stuff. You're supposed to live as God and his apostles outlined, and your life will get better as a result
>>
File: 1483923997513.jpg (92KB, 960x912px) Image search: [Google]
1483923997513.jpg
92KB, 960x912px
>>34396622

Because Nietzsche said one time "God is dead" :^)
>>
>>34396622
>my life is bad
>let's restrict what I'm allowed do even more, feel bad about myself for supposedly doing bad things like wanting stuff to make me happy, and waste my time trying to please a non-existent god
Please tell me this is a troll
>>
>>34396622
Realy tried OP, but i just can't do it, i always end up seeing myself reading a book i don't think actualy happened, while praying for something that i don't know if it realy exist, and then i just give it all up, get broken come to r9k and frequent it for 2 months, think church will work this time, convert, repeat.
>>
>>34396622
I was baptised you spazmotard I am effectively a card carrying christfag.

Gibes me dat sense of belonging please.

Nice dubs.
>>
>>34397741
There's nothing wrong with wanting more structure to your life. Overindulging in materialism doesn't make people happy
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.