[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College is a scam.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
1) Charges you through the roof and puts you in debt
2) Teaches you in 4-8 years, what you could learn in 1 from the internet.
3) Teaches you things non-relevant to the career you are perusing.
4) Forces you into a liberal dominated environment
5) Barely teaches how to apply knowledge (practical applications)
6) Does not promote creativity or original thinking
7) 95% memorizing book text and echoing it back
8) Rewarded with a 'feel good' piece of paper if you can pass with a D

How is college not a scam?
>>
Cause I'll be able to meet girls there

(thats the dream I'm clinging to anyway)
>>
>>34394049

I kind of agree. I'm enrolled in a CC on my own money, so at least I'm not in debt. I'm strongly considering a trade. Any recommendations?
>>
>>34394242
What trade are you interested in? Almost all are pretty good choices that can pay very well (and I actually mean pay well, not the whole "we'll pay you if you sign over your soul to us for 50k a year" meme).
>>
If the alternative is being a NEET with no real world experience, I'll be a college graduate.
>>
I make 60k a year with not a day of college.
>>
>>34394289

I've been considering plumbing and masonry. I'm a blank slate though in the fact I've only ever sparsely worked with tools in my life. It kind of worries me having to compete against kids who may have went to Vocational High School or kids who are just plain mechanically inclined.
>>
>>34394242
I work as an electrician. We make good money. Although I actually went into electronics as a trade in school. Electronics jobs are hard to find in the USA right now, with so many of them moving overseas. I would recommend electrical, hvac, or automotive.
>>
>>34394436

Is there any particular automotive trade you know of? Most mechanics I know make something like $12 an hour, which is pretty bad. I live in the middle of nowhere and you'd still be hard-pressed to make a living on that wage.
>>
>>34394546
Auto is just great because everyone has cars and needs them serviced all of the time. It will probably never die as an industry. You will also save yourself a lot of money working on your own vehicles.

An auto mechanic can make pretty good money once they get some experience. Your run of the mill tech who does oil changes and brake jobs might not make much, but a guy who puts together transmissions, engine blocks, and suspension parts will make a lot more than 12$/hr. It really boils down to how much you apply yourself and learn, and how much experience you have.

I also made around 12 straight out of school.
>>
>>34394049
>How is college not a scam?

Higher education is a complete scam. However you're not going far enough: high school and elementary school are also massive scams.

This is actually going to cause a collapse in the economy btw. This generation spent 17-25 years - a quarter of your lifespan - in education and many of them are still unemployable, and can't start families. Also keep in mind that your IQ starts to decline fairly sharply in your early 30s so by the time someone has all of the necessary credentials to work in a particular field, their potential to provide meaningful contributions to said field is diminishing. pic related
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.