[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Using OKCupid to seek "friends"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

>hear that OKCupid accounts can be listed as "looking for friends"
Has /r9k/ met with any success in such pursuits--especially with non-standard "friendships"? Pic related.
>>
>>34392877
Alternatively, describe your own non-standard styles of "friendship".
>>
File: Frequency Flipped.png (87KB, 1920x680px) Image search: [Google]
Frequency Flipped.png
87KB, 1920x680px
>>34392895
This passage originally was written in reverse, but I flipped it for your convenience.
>>
>>34392877
is this your non-standard friendship system? what is to be gained from asking and answering questions about random, meaningless topics?
>>
>>34393048
Did you even read the image?
>Friendship of the standard species doesn't seem very interesting to me. The only part of standard friendship in which I'm <em>consistently</em> interested is the conversation on random topics. However, since I'm also rather bad at starting and maintaining conversations, I was forced to come up with the following system.
>>
>>34393114
yes, i did read the image. i am asking why this particular part of friendship would be appealing to a person. why would you care how a random person eats their eggs or whether they prefer the shape of africa or south america? is the purpose having the opportunity to share your own opinion or do you genuinely care about the other person's answer?

i might understand the purpose if these questions and answers explained anything meanngful about yourself, the other person or the world but they seem to be shallow questions that are more like time wasters than anything else.
>>
File: example.png (44KB, 904x541px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
44KB, 904x541px
>>34393221
>is the purpose having the opportunity to share your own opinion or do you genuinely care about the other person's answer?
The former--though exceptions do exist. Pic related.

>i might understand the purpose if these questions and answers explained anything meanngful about yourself, the other person or the world but they seem to be shallow questions that are more like time wasters than anything else.
Which would you choose--time-wasting questions, or having no companionship at all?
Remember also that, if you exchange enough questions, A LOT of time can be wasted. http://pastebin.com/uHfsWBeP
>>
>>34393315
Anyway, I unfortunately must go to bed now, lest I be too sleepy for my wagecuck job in the morning. Feel free to give me more advice, roaches.
>>
>>34393315
>Which would you choose--time-wasting questions, or having no companionship at all?
i don't know. it might be amusing at first but i think it would bore me if it were a long-term commitment. some of those questions in the pastebin are entertaining but in some ways, the tone reminds me of homework for school, where it's like questions are being asked for the sake of asking questions. i would probably prefer something other than those two options more like i alluded to before, where questions were being asked in an effort to improve my understanding of life. i'm probably not the right person to ask about this because i don't know how to make friends, don't have any and i would actually dislike a friendship where lulls in conversation were not tolerated.

>Remember also that, if you exchange enough questions, A LOT of time can be wasted.
i waste enough time here with mindless interaction and i waste enough time in general that this seems undesirable to me. good for you for finding a system that works for you though. how have you chosen the people that you have asked to engage in "friendship" with?
>>
>>34393530
>Anyway, I unfortunately must go to bed now, lest I be too sleepy for my wagecuck job in the morning. Feel free to give me more advice, roaches.
seeya.
>>
File: okc11.jpg (24KB, 185x56px) Image search: [Google]
okc11.jpg
24KB, 185x56px
>>34392877
Mine's set on friends.
I always get too nervous to read any of the messages and I just leave it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.