[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/unifeels/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 95

File: 1443411663107s.jpg (7KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443411663107s.jpg
7KB, 209x250px
>tfw high school teachers, guidance counselors, and parents alike encourage 18-year-old children to attend an expensive gamble that they know nothing about for a career "path" that they haven't even began planning and will probably change later on anyway
>>
>tfw have to pee and it's cold but too afraid to go into the campus and be seen by people
>cant turn on heat in my car ever because no money
>>
>>34389464
I went to a Catholic high school and didn't apply myself so I graduated with a 2.3 gpa. My guidance counselor told me my grades were shit but I did well enough on the SAT to go to any CSU. I dropped out after my first semester but went back when I was 22. I'm on my last semester and it's been costing me 7k a year but after the first 3 semesters I stated getting 11k a year in grant money from the state and federal government. People who go to expensive private schools for a bachelor's degree are stupid. Especially of they are too poor to pay for it and take out loans.
>>
>tfw brainlet studying STEM
>other STEM students know I'm a brainlet
>tfw treated like a third class citizen

Suicide feels more appealing every time I go to class
>>
>tfw have to work on my group project instead of learning how to draw
reeee
>>
File: 1476735176023.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476735176023.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
>tfw to smart too enroll for collage
>>
File: 1444961437181.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1444961437181.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>see suitemate (not roommate, just to clarify) putting in his contacts before getting in the shower yesterday morning
>out of good will I tell him it's inadvisable to do that for a few reasons
>he tells me he's never heard that he shouldn't wear contacts in the shower or while swimming or anything like that
>tell him that it's one of the things you learn when getting contacts
>he says he's been pretty much blind in one eye since birth and has worn contacts forever and has never been told that
>tell him I've worn contacts for at least 5 years now and was told this
>he tells me I'm full of shit, I think that I'm always right, I think that I'm perfect, that I'm not, that I'm wrong and need to get over myself, and tells me to fuck off
>tell him to fuck off
>he says he can kick my ass
>has the audacity to ask me if we're cool at the end of the day, and then again today without even apologizing or acknowledging that I'm actually correct and was just trying to help
I'm not going to talk to him for at least a week.
Yes I posted this in britfeel last night.
>>
File: 1455483944157.jpg (83KB, 640x597px) Image search: [Google]
1455483944157.jpg
83KB, 640x597px
>tfw major requires four semesters of a language
>tfw group exercises
>tfw you can see the despair in your assigned partner's eyes
>>
>>34390078

You both are acting like teenage girls. Either sort out whatever pent-up resentment led to this or move the fuck on.
>>
>>34390118
>Either sort out whatever pent-up resentment led to this or move the fuck on.
Pretty sure that it's a combination of me having what I think might be undiagnosed borderline personality disorder and his humongous fucking ego.
>>
>>34390097
>teacher frequently picking on you because nobody wants to be your partner and you're quiet

Like hs wtffff fuck Spanish
>>
>>34390192
Stop being a faggot.
>m-muh self diagnosed mental disorder
Your suitemate was right about you.
>>
File: 1431187768946.jpg (18KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1431187768946.jpg
18KB, 250x232px
>be me
>be in selected problems in Political Science class today
>teacher is old and blind, has a guide dog
>TA is some Asian transfer student, broken English
>class is filled with left wing sjw's
>few level-headed people, lots of qt's; One stood next to me today
>teacher asks us questions about things like flag burning, weed legalization, etc.
>libtards immediately triggered by responses
>one black gril blames Trump presidency on the electoral college and slavery
>professor does not really know what to think from these crazy response
>one gayfag in my class is yelling about how his congressman is the worst person alive
>the entire class is going to be like this the whole semester
>>
>Didn't go to 4 year (((university))), decide to attend community college first
>Second semester is here and can't relate or talk to anyone
>One of the youngest in some of my classes again
>Want to use Tinder but can't take a picture to save my life, & too paranoid that someone I know will find me and make fun of me on there
>Have to do this for 2 years

I want to end it already, I hope avoiding the debt was worth this misery and loneliness.
>>
File: 1485285489069.jpg (44KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
1485285489069.jpg
44KB, 640x601px
>>34389464
>"hey anon, our rooms share a wall but haven't talked all year, wanna grab lunch and talk about anything at all sometime?"
>it will never happen
>>
>>34390487
what kills me is that her "you seem like a creepy fuck, but I tolerate you" smile whenever we meet on the corridors just melts my fucking heart
>>
>>34390315
>mom has bipolar disorder
>her dad has bipolar disorder
>I clearly have something wrong with me
Nope, I'm right about me. He just has a stick up his ass.
>>
File: AutisticVirginofSocialSuicide.png (328KB, 666x742px) Image search: [Google]
AutisticVirginofSocialSuicide.png
328KB, 666x742px
>>34389464
Im glad I graduated.
>>
>>34389464
Here's some advice for unifags

Don't waste money on college if you don't have a clear idea of what you want to do.

If you're attending a state school and your aspirations are to work at a prestigious hedge fund, tech company, Mckinsey, big4 accounting firms, white shoe Big law firms, Do not waste money on college. Those places only recruit from Ivy League schools

If the field you want to get into does not require a college degree (registered nursing, engineering, accounting), do not waste money on college. Degrees in theoretical sciences (physics, chemistry, math, biology) are basically toilet paper these days unless you plan on getting a PhD (piled higher and deeper).
>>
File: 14.jpg (39KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
39KB, 680x680px
>>34389464
>qt in my foreign language class
>we have assigned partners and she's across the room, so no opportunity to talk during class
>autistic tranny and her roommate always surrounding her after class
>>
>statistics II class
>sit in one of the front rows expecting a qt girl to sit next to me
>this girl who was sitting next to me before sits next to me
>says hi and asks me if i did the assignment
>she's an arts girl looking for a STEM guy friend to help her out
>she's in fourth year
>she says she has a boyfriend
what do you think, /uni/? Should I go forward with it or not?

i got her number and facebook

it'd be nice to make an older female friend, and she doesn't seem like a Stacy, but I feel like I'd have to give free tutoring or something

she's asian though
>>
>tfw finally doing godo
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>have to ask for a recommendation
how do I deal with this as a roboto
>>
>>34389723
this

>get to first real comp engineering class
>group of two ching chongs and mega autist talking about things they have programmed
>One pulls up a full fledged animated 2d platformer with like 100 levels on his laptop
>Only thing I ever programmed was some shitty HTML Parsing music release finder that broke after using it more than three times
>>
>>34390855
>big4 accounting firms

they'll accept you right out of your bachelor's as long as you "plan" on being a CPA
>>
>be today
>some autist spilled his spaghetti trying to explain a maths proof in front of the class
>it was basic shit too
which one of you was this?
>>
>tfw have become such a sperg that I literally never leave room other than for class or to eat
>if a girl looks at me I look down at the ground automatically
>change diet and go to gym but end up getting fatter

They said it'd get better...
>>
>want to transfer into another program
>program is at another school
>only accept transfer students who with history of full-time course load with a solid GPA
There go my dreams.
>>
>>34391882
>>34389723
Normalfags are sending their children to stem-focused schools in droves, your days are going to become numbered
>>
>>34391882
>study at one of the best Unis worldwide
>friend of mine has already written a an audio programme that doesn't exist on the market yet, has gotten thousand in grants for it and is looking to open his own company
>guy I know has already made millions programming apps before even starting college
>dude in my sports club is a literal 6'6 olympian. Another one is 6'5 and also a gigachad. Both very nice though
>most of my friends already have jobs at McKinsey, Goldman Sachs etc lined up or have gotten jobs in exotic locations, clearly just to enjoy themselves
>I don't even know what to do after graduating this summer

Fuck this, I know I deserve it for being lazy but this is depressing
>>
>>34389464
I want to sue America for this
>>
>>34389464
>TFW drunk driving is illegal
>TFW driving is the only way to get to and from the bar
>>
>>34390078
I wear my contacts 24/7 (yes to bed) for literally months at a time, in the shower and all
>>
>going to community college at 25
>the only person I know there is my older sibling's 27 year old friend from middle school
>signed up for math classes together out of fear of ever needing to talk to other people while we're there
Feels kind of nice when you have another person whose life has been a disaster to spend time with
>>
File: 1485098038366.gif (2MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485098038366.gif
2MB, 222x400px
>>34392157
Fuck it. I just need to do well in two full-time semesters. Fuck CS! I will be an enginigger.
>>
>tfw my tutor talked to me today and utterly crushed me
>tfw just lied in bed all day feeling sorry for myself

I'm such a pussy
>>
>>34391174
This is some sort of fucking trap don't do it.

>3 years ago
>was in Econ undergrad
>taking econometrics class
>Asian girl and I started talking(said she had a boyfriend, I had gf at the time as well but I thought an Asian could help me with this stats stuff)
>we agreed to meet to study for an exam
>met in the school's business building
>go over some practice problems
>"OMG Anon this is sooooo hard I don't think I can do this"
>uhh ok let's just keep going
>"No anon, you are so smart, I'm not as smart as you, I'll never figure this out"(no idea wtf she was talking about I was close to failing kek)
>she proceeds to start crying
>just awkwardly keep going through practice problems
>finally just decide to gtfo and make up some bullshit excuse

It was pretty awkward. I think she must have been going through some other stuff in her life or something. Have no idea why she dumped it on me. Or maybe she just cried a lot.
>>
>>34389464
>tfw lost almost 20 pounds due to depression
>tfw face looks better than ever and I can just hide my pathetic body under clothing
>tfw 6/10 girls start flirting with me
The only catch isnthat they all think I'm LTR material for some reason eventhough I'm a chaotic mess of a man
>>
I'm a graduaying highschool student who wan's to pursue an obviously high paying and respected career, maybe STEM related. But it seems as though people are being pushed into STEM fields in droves so that when I graduate my job value will be low. Is STEM a meme, what's the best major you wish you had chosen with the best future oppurtunities?
>>
>>34392355
I know the feeling of inferiority anon

>tfw surrounded by 6'3 mega Chads and 10/10 model stacies at a top 20 Uni all with loaded parents who have already saved half the world and done 4 internships, all while getting better marks than you

im pretty comfy though so dont care desu
>>
>>34393123
Yeah this girl also told me about how she's dropped her sociology courses because it was hard and shi

I had a CS female friend like this last term and she dropped me for smarter guys
>>
>tfw brainlet in CS
>competing over pajeets and chinks
>even the TA helps students in Chinese
am I fucked or should I hope that I find a CS robot friend
>>
File: crab_with_cigarette.jpg (46KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
crab_with_cigarette.jpg
46KB, 500x371px
>>34389464
>tfw you spend 7 years of your life in school, getting a B.S. and M.S. in STEM
>tfw you're graduating this semester with a degree in Environmental Policy and Wildlife Management
>tfw Trump takes a fat shit on the entire Department of the Interior, National Parks Service, and the EPA.

Welp, time to find another country to start a career in. Fuck contracting.
>>
>>34393460
>high paying and respected career
the first step is to aim lower my friend. Everyone wants to get on top nowadays, people are willing to take great risks with potentially crushing consequences just to have a shot at very few good job opportunities. Most fail. Don't be like them
>>
>tfw third week of classes
>everyone already made friends
>I'm already overwhelmed by the workload (retaking 3 courses, taking 2 new courses)
>retaking Python Algorithms and I still don't know how to do shit
>everyone does the assignment in advance to demo
>>
>tfw people talk to you less and less
>People used to approach you then they see how you really are
>Now the groups have formed
>You're not in any
>You get ignored more and more
>>
>tfw math grad student
>just average in terms of my cohort
>mess up in my recitation sections and have to send out corrections
>have trouble solving problems for class projects while others breeze through them
>have to study for weeks for tests to pump out A-/B+ in classes with grade inflation through the roof
Who /regret/ here? I just want to be a lecturer so if I can survive 4 more years then I won't have to worry about research again.
>>
>>34393739
such is the life of a robot....... baka
>>
>>34393701
>when you walk into a class and everyone is somehow already friends with each other.
>>
>>34393809
Yeah that happens even in CS
>no one talks in the beginning of the semester
>somehow everyone knows each other by the end of the semester
>>
>>34393631
Shit man, I just want to make upwards of 90k in my mid 20's with room for growth and executive positions. Can you redpill me on what majors from your experience actually make bank? You must see people around you doing internships or maybe having jobs lined up.
>>
>it's another episode of OP leaves in the middle of the CS lab because he's too stressed and anxious
welp there goes another 1% in my mark
>>
>>34393802
It just sucks cause I even got invited out once. Now I get small talked in the classes and nobody hangs with me outside them anymore.
>>
File: 1474826963042.jpg (103KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474826963042.jpg
103KB, 633x758px
>>34393809
Iktf everyone in my classes seems to have at least 1-2 friends going in, then they form their cliques really fast. It's even like this in clubs I remember I tried going to some of the anime and gaming clubs thinking I'd find some fellow robots, but everyone came with a little group of friends and acted like they were only there for them, and didn't want anyone new to join in.
>>
>>34393534
On the plus side when I leave my college town I feel pretty superior suddenly now that I'm surrounded by average people. Might help me get some stacies after I graduate, but then again I find them disgusting anyways
>>
>>34389464

I've had my mind made up on what I wanted to do since I was a kid
>>
>>34393833
Its like you completely miss something in between the first and second lesson. Social media probably.

But even then I had little chance
>First day
>Most people went to the same school as each other
>Next semester
>Most people know each other from other classes
>>
>>34393834
Statistics and Econometrics are two good one which I think is really under rated. I think you should stay away from Engineering unless you really like it I know it's memed a lot by STEM students as 6 FIGURE JOB ONLY 140 IQ, but it seems to be super popular with more recent intakes. I think Engineering is going to be the next psychology or accounting, everyone just doing it for the sake of MUH JOB PROSPECTS
>>
some stupid nigger stole my seat that i had next to a qt i've been crushing on. what do? i'm not gonna let her get BLACKED
>>
File: 1383241937913.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1383241937913.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
Topography class professors honestly expect all of us to read and prepare presentations every week on the chance that they will randomly pick one of us to present what the article was about... article is 6 pages of solid fucking garbage and I cant focus on it. try to read it but I keep finding myself looking at the lines and not reading it... I may have to do a 20-30 minute presentation on this tomorrow. Fuck.
>>
>>34393874
I don't even get small talked in classes anymore, because I changed majors and am retaking so I'm older than them

That being said even last term I've had plenty of opportunities to make friends, at least study buddies, but I bailed because I'm stupid
>>
>>34393931
Yeah what you said is true.

Also all the chinks pajeets and minorities meet others through their ethnic clubs
>>
>>34391581
just email the person. you dont have to meet them face to face
>>
>get to class 15 minutes before it starts
>a few people are already there, talking
>just sit there not saying anything
>almost join the conversation
>imagine saying something in my head
>just dont
>>
>>34393871

I've done something like this. Skipped class for weeks, came in finally, saw how behind I was on the projects. Stood up as soon as the prof stopped talking, left room, never came back.

I'm a much better student now but I felt like jumping out the building right then and there.
>>
>>34393834
there are no secret tips really. No matter which lucrative position you aim for you will always be met with relentless competition. If you still want to give it a shot go ahead, there are still MBAs, Lawyers, bankers raking in money, but there are also more MBAs, Lawyers and bankers than ever before. Same applies to engineers, but they rarely make that much money.
>>
>tfw the government subsidizes a broken, outdated institution that rips off clueless kids and will end up completely ruining the economy
really makes one ponder
>>
>>34394227
What? Did you drop out or something? What happened?

There are also like 10 TAs with office hours but I'm so clueless with programming
>>
File: 1432770514105.jpg (17KB, 336x368px) Image search: [Google]
1432770514105.jpg
17KB, 336x368px
>IT major
>final semester starts next week
>the only class I have left in my major is a semester-long real-world group project doing something for a department of the university or an outside company
There's a very real chance I will get assigned to a project that I have absolutely no idea how to do and look like a moron. Plus we're going to be managed by some kind of rep from our company who we'll have to meet with and I'm sure I'll drop my spaghetti all over the place.
>>
>>34393931
I see the same few people in a lot of my classes for my major and I still haven't talked to any of them.
>>
>>34389533

But heat is free in the car
>>
>tfw there's this fellow robot in 3 of my classes
>I had one class with him last year, but ignored him because the way he was talking creeped me out
>he even has the same major as me, CS
>is the same ethnicity as me
>see he already made other robot friends
What should I do? I feel so shitty for ignoring them when I'm in a bad place as well.
>>
>>34394269

Yeah I did drop out that semester. I bounced back and everything but I still have nightmares about how shitty it was to be a month behind in every class with no escape.
>>
>>34393947
Ya I have an uncle who works for a pretty big accountant firm, cushy job but I would go crazy from how monotonous it is. Also STEM is def becoming a meme especially with all these CS students.
>>34394233
I enjoy public speaking and presentation shit but Law seems oversaturated these days, although the number of law graduates will prob lower as STEM graduates increase.
>>
Last term I've had so many chances to make friends and I failed

>stats class
>group project
>get grouped up with this 3rd year pajeet who probably changed majors way late
>asks me to work on a CS assignment together
>I decline saying I need to attend a seminar
>he finished the assignment
>I didn't
>he even emailed me later to see how the midterm is going, but I felt like shit

>discrete math class
>my high school friend says hi after several weeks
>should've hung out and studied with him
>instead I stuck with this Stacy bitch who was no help at all

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
no wonder I'm failing uni
>>
>>34394233
now is a pretty good time to be a lawyer if you're willing to do it. because morons gobbling up the too many lawyers meme is lowering law school enrollment, when they don't realize that literally almost every position is just as saturated or more. but for some reason the media decided to repeat this meme while at the same time saying that for example engineers are in demand when in fact they face even more competition than lawyers.
>>
>>34394357
my point was that every major is oversaturated and basically a meme these days
that's all. Just try to ride the tiger
>>
>>34394336
I am retaking a course I failed last term, but I still feel behind. Fuck.

They give us lab assignments to do in advance, but I feel too lazy and depressed to do them. Went to the lab and everyone worked on the project ready to go. Had to leave after an hour because I was getting stressed and anxious. Also the TA was a Chinese guy who helps Chinese students in Chinese
>>
File: 1459640289503.png (100KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1459640289503.png
100KB, 400x275px
>>34390097
Did you pick Japanese?
>>
>>34394401

yeah I don't know man. Reddit says that anyone can learn programming! but when I actually tried it it seemed like something you either got or you didn't, and the ones who "got it" already had ten years of experience.

Maybe I'm biased and/or retarded but CS kind of sucks.
>>
>>34393892
It's like if you didn't make friends in school you're truly fucked.
>>
>>34390097

What major is that?

I knocked out my language and international culture requirements with an AP test that I barely passed back in high school.
>>
>>34394397
>>34394391
Shit maybe I should just become a corporate lawyer or something? I really and enjoy public speaking and debating and the pay for law grads is high. So I could ball out in uni and go to a top tier law school.

But there is a lot of shit online saying Law graduates aren't getting hired, idk who to trust
>>
File: 1425176708281.jpg (68KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1425176708281.jpg
68KB, 668x712px
>tfw selling drugs to payoff my debt
ANYONE WANT SOME SHROOMS?
>>
File: 1448929314080.jpg (81KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
1448929314080.jpg
81KB, 500x302px
>a cute girl at my uni called me by name last semester despite me never having told her what it was
>obviously she just knew it from professors saying it because we've had several classes together
>spend the rest of that day imagining our future together
>>
>>34394430
Not that guy, but I've been independently studying to try to pass out of Japanese. The test is in interview form too, so I'm terrified of the thought of failing and then having to take Japanese and not only being bored out of my mind but also surrounded by weeaboos.
>>
>>34394462
It especially sucks since I'm struggling in fucking introductory CS

But apparently years of programming experience doesn't really matter once you start getting into the second level of classes
>>
I fucking hate /procrastination/, I have and had the time and motivation to learn, read, think through so many things in the world except the thing I am supposed to be thinking about
>>
>someone talks to me in class
>they ask me questions and ask for notes
>yah cool man I finally made a friend
>search them on the class participants list online later
>they're not even taking the class
How scary.
>>
>Adviser remarks how much better I do in my English and language art classes than my STEMs

No, please, let me stay in the STEM club, I need to pretend I'm useful....
>>
>>34394539
>tfw everyone in Japanese class is either a normie or a Chink
>>
File: wojak_i_saw_it_coming.jpg (238KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_i_saw_it_coming.jpg
238KB, 641x600px
>use laptop to take notes during lecture
>click on firefox to download and view powerpoint slides
>firefox automatically restores tabs from previous session
>BBW+BBC porn loads up.(Thankfully it doesnt play)
>Close laptop really fast
>MFW its guaranteed that at least one person saw.
>MFW 3 hour lecture
>MFW this gave me a headache and I couldnt pay attention

I knew I was playing with fire by setting firefox to open tabs from previous sessions. I could have avoided this by going into airplane mode then open firefox.
>>
>>34390570
Fuck off beta orbitier! I have friends in real life
>>
>>34394596

wew lad

This is part of the reason why I use a notebook and pen. Besides my shitty history, tabs, backgrounds, etc, my laptop is also disgusting because I eat around it too much.
>>
>>34394596
This is why I spend like 30 minutes on my laptop before leaving with it. Triple-check that everything is closed, nothing bad is visible when I open Firefox, and that my volume is both lowered to zero AND muted
>>
>>34394490
>But there is a lot of shit online saying Law graduates aren't getting hired, idk who to trust
Again, this is not at all exclusive to law graduates. Every graduate has trouble finding their desired occupation. I think maybe you hear about law grads so much because they had to attend longer so they expected it to be easier.
>>
>>34394667
The problem with Law school are the high price tags and long education times attached to it. I'll likely major in something like Computer Engineering and hope for the best, do you have any background knowledge on how good of a major it is to pursue
>>
>>34394750
CE is good because you get a great range of knowledge. But I think few CE majors actually end up working with computer hardware. You would probably end up doing something IT related but in a high level position.
>>
>>34394819
Honestly as long as pursuing CE can earn me around 90k in my mid 20's with room for growth, I'm cozy.
>>
>>34394581
same dude, same. but English is supposed to be easy, it's just prerequisite for everyone

I spent my whole k-12 years feeling I am a science student. Now I'm in uni and feel like I should be an arts student
>>
>>34389655
>CSU

goose creek?
>>
>>34394865
That's unlikely, maybe in your 30s if you do well. And only doing it for the salary is not good, but then again that's the reason like half of people in college are there.
>>
File: 1395969996316.jpg (15KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1395969996316.jpg
15KB, 520x678px
>>34394934
>one semester away from graduating with an IT degree
>everyone in my family thinks of me as "the computer guy"
>mfw I realize I know fuck all about this subject and have just been really good at memorizing shit out of books which I then forget all about, but it's too late for me to back out now
I don't even know how to put a computer together for fuck's sake.
>>
>>34394596
I have my desktop back in my apartment for that kind of stuff and I bought a cheap laptop for the sole purpose of school work. the history on my desktop, id never want to chance coming up in public if I had it on a laptop to take to class.
>>
>>34394865
>90k in mid 20's
would be exceptional, you'll really have to apply yourself in college to get that. Not cozy at all
>>
>>34394549

yeah programming experience means fuck all

It also doesn't help you program on paper with a pencil
>>
>>34395027

>program on paper with a pencil

I've only been in one CS class but I've never understood this. WHY
>>
>>34394992
I got my IT job just because I applied and they hired me without any certification other than "I have an interest in computers, me and my cousin put one together not too long ago". I got hired and didnt know jack shit about IT, but I faked it until I learned what skills were actually needed. I learned by doing, and thats really all you need to do.
>>
>>34395054
Yeah they make you program on computers for the whole term, then test you on paper. wtf
>>
>>34395013
What degrees can net me 90k in my mid 20's? Also I'm not much of a slacker so I'll put in a lot of work outside of the classroom too.
>>34394991
Everyone needs money, why do you both say its unlikely?
>>
>>34394934
It was the opposite for me. I always thought of myself as a humanities guy growing up and now I'm in my first year of medschool

It happens. The closemindedness of college philosophy was disgusting. I just wanted to bail before they killed my joy for it and burried all my heroes
>>
File: 1406745597967.png (676KB, 752x858px) Image search: [Google]
1406745597967.png
676KB, 752x858px
>>34394430
I wanted to so I could meet some fellow weebs, but my university doesn't offer any Japanese courses. Now I'm stuck with a bunch of ouiaboos.
>>
File: 1484454397983.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484454397983.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>34394585
my japanese classes have actually been a pretty decent mix, we have like 2 chinks, 1 chad, 2-3 robots, a straight up sperg, the rest are just below average normies, and out of all of those I got stuck with the sperg for a partner
>>
>>34395054

because teachers can't cope with grading anything that isn't able to be reduced to a simple rubric
>>
>fail out of top 20 university at 22
>spend two years in community college
>finally make it back to state flagship at 24
>tfw constantly paranoid about being an old fuck and feel like I look old as shit now but no one has commented on it yet
>>
>>34395069
How did you find the job to apply to? I can't even get a helpdesk job despite being well into a CS degree.
>>
>>34395153
They know, m8

I'm a second year in first year classes because I changed majors and am retaking failed courses

No one talks to me anymore and even the girls in classes act creeped out
>>
>>34395227
tbqh no one ever approaches me first or seems to look me in the eye when I'm talking to them, I get the feeling the jig is up.
>>
>>34395085
nigga you still don't understand. The days where a degree could guarantee you a good income are OVER. It doesn't matter which one you pick. The competition will be almost equally fierce. And you won't make 90k in your first job unless you are a genius that graduated top of his (ivy league) class.

I'm sorry. In the 60's boys your age mostly thought about overthrowing the system, smoking weed and going on festivals. But in 2017 most of them think like you. And you will have to be better than all of them
>>
>tfw 2 A's in 2 days
>tfw passed all of my exams with B or higher
>tfw life on ez mode
>>
>>34395271
Fucking end my suffering now. Everything is a rat race these days and people would murder their friends for chances at a google internship.
Trust me anon a lot of highschools(especially mine with it's Ivy connections) are breeding grounds for psychopaths, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THIS GUT WRENCHING FEEL.
I'm just lucky I placed well in the first of many rat races to come.
>>
>>34395198
Its an IT job at a casino, kinda out in the middle of nowhere. Not a lot of people certified for that stuff out here so they often hire people who just show an interest and train them. I didn't have to go through training though, I just had enough common sense and winged it.
$24 an hour is pretty nice and I get benefits.
>>
>>34395502
sounds sweet anon. work in the countryside is a blessing
>tfw studying to become a general practitioner and live the /cozy/ rural lifestyle
>>
>>34395248
Yeah it's hard to make friends if you're old or a robot
>>
>Go to vocational training because I'm not retarded and I know what I want to do with my fucking life
>Spend only 2 years learning everything I need to know to start working
>End course with the most necesary thing in the world atm,working experience
>If you work hard while you're working you'll actually get a contract and get a job
>feelsgoodtonotfallforthecollegememe.png
>>
>>34389533
Nigga u drive an electric vehicle or u just a dummy
>>
File: 1480139852151.jpg (78KB, 636x421px) Image search: [Google]
1480139852151.jpg
78KB, 636x421px
>>34389464
It's taken me 3 years in college for me to come to the conclusion that I will not be happy with any job I get from any degree I choose in uni. I'm only doing this so I can fall back on it if I decided to do something outside of a 9-5 job.
>>
My roommate is talking to friends in Korean but I can tell they're laughing about me.
>>
>>34395852
Me too. I think I would be more happy being an audio engineer, like mixing or mastering.
>>
>>34393626
>he got a masters
>he majored in environmental policy
>HE GOT A MASTERS IN ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
jesus christ anon what were you thinking
>>
File: 1484196093424.png (168KB, 727x682px) Image search: [Google]
1484196093424.png
168KB, 727x682px
>>34394462
I fell a bit behind in the first few weeks on intro to CS and it snowballed to the point where the professor advised I drop the course and that CS may not be the field for me.

I'll never forget how brutally honest he was, but he wasn't wrong. That class sucked the soul out of my creative body. That semester I realized I was a creative person and not a logical thinking person.
>>
>>34395949
>tfw changed my major from chemistry to CS
>start realizing CS might not be for me
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I should've just went into engineering
>>
Is architecture a meme? I was a lazy fuck in high school so I couldn't get into any universities so I'm in a cc right now trying to transfer to a uc. The only thing I'm good at is history and architecture, I won competitions around the state and know autocad and revit really well. I'm just worried that the degree will be useless and I'll end up working all day on toilet placements for 50k a year until I die
>>
>>34394462
im happy i realized i hated CS early and instead went into EE with all the other CS rejects. it's actually quite fun though, and much more bounded by physical laws than arbitrary rules.
>>
>>34396018
>EE
>CS reject
dude it doesn't work that way lol

Engineering is usually way harder to get in
>>
>>34392355
Which uni?

Octagonal
>>
Where are my /accounting/ bros at? what am i to expect? im a freshmen atm and have yet to feel the horrors of upper level classes.
>>
>>34393619
Get good faggot

t. Whitey who came in with dick all experience
>>
>>34396171
git gud how? I'm a loner with undiagnosed depression and anxiety
>>
>>34396186
You and me both boyo, do personal projects on your own and don't be afraid of new concepts. If you don't have a head for CS you're going to have to work harder than most, if you realize you don't like it very much switch there are way too many people doing mediocre work because despite not liking it they want sick job security
>>
>>34396274
Yeah I'm already into second year so idk if I can just switch now.

I struggle with even Python. I mostly get only halfway through the program
>>
>>34396299
You can switch whenever you want, obviously the sooner the better, but I know someone who switched like 3 or 4 years in and is fine now.

The important thing is you know what you want to do and you switch to that, just switching into something else you don't like isn't going to change anything.
>>
>tfw qt Chinese girl comes and sits next to me
>peeks at my face so I can tell she probably sat next to me on purpose
>she's alone, goes on her phone
>try to say hi but she's wearing earphones, can't hear me
>pretend I said nothing
>she pulls out earphones shortly after
>get no courage to say hi to her after class either
>she leaves
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She was so cute too
>>
>>34396421
>The important thing is you know what you want to do and you switch to that
that's the problem

did chemistry in my first year, quickly hated ochem stuff and how there are no job prospects

could've tried to transfer to engineering but my high school marks and GPA aren't good enough

so I'm pretty much stuck in CS. maybe I could do statistics but meh
>>
>CS lab
>qt Asian girl sits next to me
>tries to demo her work immediately, but gets rejected by the TA
>should've said hi to her and talked to her but didn't
>>
>>34396495
What would you even had said anyways?
>>
>>34396697
Hi, did you finish the assignment? Whatever whatever and get her number
>>
>>34390448
Beeettttaaaas. Man up
>>
File: 1482885719215.png (39KB, 839x657px) Image search: [Google]
1482885719215.png
39KB, 839x657px
Graduating this year with a history BA
>no connections
>no extracurriculars
>no interest in grad school
>only experience is as a fry cook
What are my options?
>>
>>34390448
You can act like a man! What's a matter with you!
>>
File: architecture25.jpg (59KB, 900x694px) Image search: [Google]
architecture25.jpg
59KB, 900x694px
>>34395989

My uncle is an architect. He lives nice, has a hella nice custom house, and generally has a great time at work. He said he would of rather majored in astrophysics, but enjoys his job.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>34396750

>tfw when graduated in worthless major
>tfw when you have to be a teacher for the rest of your sad life

pretty sure you're screwed
>>
>>34396868
That sounds nice anon. I don't really care about making a lot of money I just don't want to work in a field wrote I don't see the product if my work. At least with architecture I can drive around a point at a building and say "I designed that".
>>
>>34394992
That's the IT field in a nutshell
>>
>>34395131
Two of a kind, anon
>>
I did something magical /r9k/. I went and took a major in something I'm interested in even though 4chan shits on it most of the time.

The magical part? I stopped worrying about the future so much. I'm enjoying every one of my classes and have a brighter outlook.
>>
>>34397368
What major anon? I wont shit on it i promise
>>
>>34397368
Let me guess, liberal arts
>>
>>34397554
History
>>34397571
Yep.

>inb4 "bluh toiletpaper degree!>!11

Stop being bitter bro. I'm willing to go the distance to learn the world's history and maybe even teach it to others.
>>
>>34397368
This. I wanted to do graphic design. Made a graphic design portfolio. Got my BFA in graphic design, got a temporary job at Discovery Channel doing graphic design. And now I'm at a full time job that's only 10 minutes from my house doing graphic design

I do freelancing too.
>>
It really discourages me seeing all these younger faces in my classes because I'm behind
>>
>>34397783
Congrats anon. You did well. Never let 'em get you down.
>>
>>34397762
M8 I'm in the same position as you. History is really the only thing that makes me happy. My dream job would be to work as a researcher or something at a big museum like the louvre
>>
File: 1482656568305.jpg (30KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1482656568305.jpg
30KB, 601x508px
>friends with a sorority girl
>she tells me I'd make an amazing kappa sig and really hopes I get a bid from them
>tells me they're having a party tomorrow night and I should go
>tell her that I've never been to a party or even had a drink and don't want to go to the party to try and impress someone to get in and not even know what to do when I get there
>tells me she's concerned because they're going to make me drink while I'm a pledge and she doesn't want me to be forced or pushed to do anything uncomfortable
>tell her to be real and that if I don't go to the party, I won't be getting in and it's that simple
>no response
I've deluded myself into thinking that even as a failed normie I would be able to join a fraternity, and because of this girl I've convinced myself that it's this one fraternity or nothing.
What's a quick, easy, and painless way to kill myself?
>>
>>34397956
>2017
>Wasting time and money on frats
Why?
>>
>>34397883
Shoot for it, dude. Hell, even if you can't be a researcher/curator, you can still do archiving and shit.

Plus a history degree can be flipped to look useful in a ton of other positions that are not necessarily history.
>>
>tfw good friend from last year is going out with a grill, spends all his time with her now
>she & her friend are awkward as fuck around me because a friend of mine i live with had a pretty disastrous relationship with her
>gradually over the last few months, see him less and less, until I NEVER see him anymore
>wasn't too bothered by this, thought to myself "oh well, at least he's happy."
>went on my facebook profile last night
>not a lot there cos i don't use fb cos it's shit, so near the top is a bunch of videos from one night last year
>almost whole friend group is there
>everyone is so happy
>before any relationships got in the way
>before i lost my friend
>start remembering how well i got along with this guy
>remember how relaxed i was talking to him, conversation was just easy and fun
>remember hanging out with him & a few other people regularly
>remember looking forward to this year

he's only one dude from my group of friends, but it's fucking hurting lads. i want my friend back
>>
>>34397988
Because I was a nobody in high school and never had fun and want to change my life. I get so fucking bored sitting in my dorm room doing nothing when I'm not in a class and I feel like a huge fucking loser when my suite mates tell me about their days and what they do. I feel like an even bigger loser when they ask me what I'm doing when I'm sitting at my computer (they usually ask if I'm playing a video game).
The only real solution is to kill myself now.
>>
6am in europe, final exam at 10am, i can't sleep
>>
File: tfw to intelligent.jpg (31KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to intelligent.jpg
31KB, 400x323px
Can I get some advice for a young brainlet NEET failure? I'm not in College, but I don't know what to do. I only turned 18 four months ago, I dropped out of High School a year ago. I have no talent whatsoever and have no clue what career I would even want to pursue.

Do I just get a GED and go flip burgers? Go to Community College not knowing what I'm doing? I don't know where to begin.

I have no friends, no social life, no education, I don't want to be stuck this way forever, but I'm a lazy piece of shit that hasn't done anything to fix it yet. I feel like even if I go to College I'll just end up dropping out because I can't handle it.
>>
>>34398439
Look into trade or the military, Anon.

College isn't for everyone and shouldn't be as pushed onto people as it currently is.
>>
>tfw Math Major
Should I double major in economics and make big bucks in the city and
(probably) off myself when it all gets too boring ?
>>
>>34398577
>math major
>don't like applied mathematics
>don't want to be a teacher
At this point I want to go to grad school to just delay my decision on what I want to do.
>>
>>34398577
yeah.

plenty of people i know have econ major and math minor
>>
REEEEEE
why can't I just happily study on my own?

every time I try to study on my own, I start getting that >tfw no friends, >tfw no gf feels. So I fucking can't!

Do I need adderall or something? do i have depression or anxiety?
>>
>>34398601
I just want to graduate and never deal with the people I deal with again.
>>
>tfw too robot for normie majors
>tfw too cyborg for CS
for fucks sake i don't gaymen or watch anime
>>
>self introduction tomorrow in an English class
>have a lot of anxiety

Still debating on whether to skip for a day or not
>>
>>34398924
>self introduction
wew that's a hard one, why do they make you do that?

despite having social anxiety, i usually do good on presentations because i'm quite proud of my work
>>
>>34398790
my CS is class is full of normies too, only a handful of autists and pajeets.
>>
>>34398988
it does depend on the term and the class, but usually normies would aim for the better prof
>>
>tfw add/drop deadline passed
>regretting my scheduling already
i have to wake up for 9am every MWF FUCKKK

also i opted for a "better" prof where i know no one, although in the other class my high school friend was there and welcoming me

How many years will it take for me to finally be able to sleep in for later classes?
>>
>tfw signed up for a "hiphop heads" club
>they're gonna be discussing drake and kanye stuff
is it gonna be cringeworthy?

this is the only club that actually fits my "interests"... i've tried joining my ethnicity's club and they already knew each other
>>
File: drunkrick.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drunkrick.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Oh shit, I have a good one that'll take the cake here for autismo.

>be me
>21 year old freshman biochemistry major
>in class with a bunch of fuckoffs fresh out of high school and not caring about anything except snapchat and parties
>I'm there for the science, but friends would be nice too
>Sit next to Stacey for half the semester
>Suddenly prof has us partner up for lab reports, to teach us "collaborative data analysis"
>It's a ruse to help the retards in class but they have the last laugh, since it's an odd-numbered class and nobody wanted to partner with me, and I'm too spaghetti to ask anyone or tell prof.
>I do the whole report by myself in one night while drunk as fuck
>autist drunk me comes up with the brilliant plan to put Stacey's name on the paper too so prof thinks I partnered up
>fast forward about two days after the assignment was turned in
>Prof calls me and Stacey and Chad (Stacey's partner) into her office to ask why the fuck Stacey's name was on my paper and Chad's
>Stacey and Chad give a solid alibi and Prof keeps me behind while they leave and laugh to each other.
>Prof gives me a good grade on the report, minus grammar errors, and promises not to make me have to partner up

This happened last week and I am seriously thinking about transferring out.
>>
>>34399127
I need to find a late 90s-early 2000s hip hop club
>>
>>34399127
Gee, I wonder which ethnicity that is...

Insist they discuss Mobb Deep or Nas. If they don't, sperg out and quit
>>
>>34399170
yeah the founder is a cracker LOL

nas is on the list they eventually hope to discuss

>>34399169
what era is that
>>
>>34399143
dude that's way too autismo wtf??
>>
File: 1485208943897.jpg (4KB, 204x153px) Image search: [Google]
1485208943897.jpg
4KB, 204x153px
should i end it tonight?
>3k lines of code corrupted
>cant recover in any way
>due in 12 hours
>midterm on friday so if i pull an allnighter im fucked either way
>>
>>34393626
Park agency just got fucked because they started tweeting politics when they're meant to be taking care of parks.

You'll be fine anon, protecting parks is a good thing.
>>
>>34399143
your professor sounds like a cool guy
>>
>>34398944
I don't even know, usually it's the female professors that do this feel-good introduction stuff in order to get to "know people better"

I really don't like presentations, it's hell
>>
>>34399258
I'm guessing she was a robot too in an earlier life, and is trying to spare me future fuckups. This one was probably enough though.
>>
>>34394596
>not sanitizing your laptop and phone when you know it will be used in a public place

you only hurt yourself when you don't do this anon, why?
>>
>>34399143
I'd say you won in this situation. Lab partners suck. I hope everyone who actually makes it to graduation has as much spaghetti as me that way in the work force it's not a problem. I can deal just fine with other smart robot-tiers.
>>
>>34399277
i've never had a class like that if it isn't high school

most that happened is having us do group discussions to get to know people better
>>
>>34399295
I'm inclined to agree, especially when you're 2-3 years older than the other students.
>>
>>34398924
Just lie. Say that you're the quarterback of the football team or something, that might be funny.
>>
>>34399301
For me, pretty much all of my classes are either math classes or honors classes. Math classes, the first day is always go over the syllabus, then the first lesson. Honors classes pretty much always have go around and introduce yourself, makes me feel like I'm in high school again.
>>
>>34399312
fuck it's bad enough being a year older than the other students
>>
>>34399348
wew i guess there's a reason you're in """""honors"""""" classes!
>>
>>34399301
It sucks anyway, I hate talking about myself
>>
>>34399351
Going to uni right after high school is a meme, but it's not really much better if you wait any longer. Just do it quick like a band-aid.
>>
>>34399392
>Going to uni right after high school is a meme
it's not a meme m8.

most people do it except maybe transfer students
>>
>>34397956
Do it, Anon. Even if you fuck up horribly, it'll make for some great stories to tell when you're old (if you make it that long).

Listen to this for motivation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcf7DnHi54g
>>
>taking sociology for the "gpa booster" meme
>can't find a pdf of it on libgen
>search my university library
>free ebook access
that was nice
>>
>5th year uni
>1 year to graduate if I max out units the rest of the semesters
>probably will be a 7 year graduate
How fucked am I?
I am trying to get a CS degree
I have 0 extra curricular activities
no internship
never had a job
can't drive
>>
>>34399599
suicide tier if I'm being completely honest
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 1242x1499px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1242x1499px
>be me
>parents are middle class worker
>manage to go to a top university (not in America)
>parents are really proud of me
>spend 4 hours everyday in trains because the uni is far away from my home
>parents can't rent me something near my uni because not enough money
>have anxiety
>classroom with >200 students
>everybody has wealthy parents
>everybody is Chad or normie
>no friends
>fear to go to the auditorium because of anxiety
>fear to go to the exercises because of anxiety
>understand nothing because I miss many lessons because of anxiety
>failing all my exams

>tfw I never had a chance
>>
>>34399963
>>200 students
>anxiety
dude no one will even notice you
>>
>>34399599
>I have 0 extra curricular activities
>no internship
>never had a job
>can't drive

You're fucked.

Why didn't you join the computer club or something? Half of them are autists anyway, so don't tell me you were worried about being judged.

Why didn't you get a campus job or internship? Even one of the shitty ones where you change the paper in the printers is something you can jot down on a resume.

How do you not now how to drive? How is that even possible in the 21st century? A car with an automatic transmission is basically a go-kart with headlights and turn signals. It's incredibly easy. 15 year olds do it.
>>
>tfw 3 semesters to go and never been kissed

I can't imagine how much of a trainwreck my first relationship might be, considering my likely unrealistic expectations and chip on my shoulder for having missed out on freshman degeneracy
>>
>>34400056
i don't know
I joined a robotics club for my first 2 years
I didn't really do anything
Occasionally i would lend a hand at doing the bitch work like building the robot chassis
a friend of mine(i dont talk to anymore) told me people are saying i make the club look bad by not doing anything so i left
other than that I joined a hacking club and went but never really talked to anyone so I left
I always procrastinated on learning to drive and never got around to it
I never got a job because I never had one and I really dont like the interviews
>>
File: 1480496238545.jpg (57KB, 486x431px) Image search: [Google]
1480496238545.jpg
57KB, 486x431px
>finally started lifting
>realize I won't actually have solid results for a year
>I'll be about to graduate by the time I'm actually able to pick up college chicks

I have waited far too long
>>
>>34398281
Do it faggot. Even if you don't get laid, you'll have drinking buddies.
>>
>>34394025
how many people are in your class? And have the people who have done it before done well?
>>
>>34400234
>I always procrastinated on learning to drive and never got around to it

It seriously take like a week to get a license. And that counts applying for it, scheduling the drivers test, and taking it.

Getting a new print of a lost social security card is harder.
>>
>>34394325
just fucking talk to them you idiot. they will like you
>>
>>34400230
You are beyond hope anon, give up now before desperation takes over your life.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483484749399.jpg (12KB, 209x242px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483484749399.jpg
12KB, 209x242px
>>34389815
>Too smart to get any form of education
>>
>>34399143
dude who gives a shit, you don't need a fucking partner and the professor likes you. just don't act like such a fucking dumb ass next time
>>
>>34400345
I'm surrounded by Chads and normies that think I would be a great catch or at least want to help me hook up, so I have some hope. But I've never been on a date, I didn't have a fake so I didn't go to bars, and I don't have a car; so there's no logistics in my favor. And I can't even imagine what flirting is like.

I hate the moments where I don't have school to distract me from the crushing reality that my romantic life hasn't even started even though I'm 21.
>>
>Make a Facebook account in order to buy a clicker from someone
>Actually spend time creating it
>Someone I last talked to in middle school adds me
>Someone I only briefly talked to during the first semester of my sophomore year in high school adds me
Is this normal?
>>
File: DISSIDIA_012_FF_0013-1.jpg (122KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
DISSIDIA_012_FF_0013-1.jpg
122KB, 480x272px
>>34390414

That one really hit me in the feels
>>
File: 1464859172942.jpg (49KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
1464859172942.jpg
49KB, 500x690px
>another semester of lit classes where the tumblr whales and SJW professor ruin good books by forcing social justice into them

Fucking why does this happen every single time?
Why can't I just discuss a book with a group of people without MUH FEMINISM coming into it?
>>
File: 1477288519431.jpg (242KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
1477288519431.jpg
242KB, 2048x1896px
>>34400973
>tfw my english professor has short, blue hair and is a feminist
>>
>>34400973
>>34401012
I really like my English professor, one of the only classes where I can listen to three hours of lecture and not be bored, he goes really in depth in the books we read and I leave class thinking about it the whole day. Haven't had a teacher like that in a long time
>>
File: keep-calm-and-ride-the-tiger-10.png (844KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-ride-the-tiger-10.png
844KB, 600x700px
>>34394397

I just looked up Ride the Tiger and this shit is lit. This makes me feel better for not being a normie.
>>
>>34395393
>tfw I had a Microsoft internship and fucked it up lol
>>
>>34395767

I call sour grapes on this one.
>>
>>34396018

I hear EE is the good shit these days
>>
>>34401124
lucky, my professor can't tell the difference between lit and women's studies.
3 sections for second semester:
>Race in literature
>Feminism in literature
>Gender in literature
that's all I'll have in there for the next 4 months. Fuck prereqs.
>>
File: 1471003567299.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471003567299.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>mfw leaving for a University interview that's 60 miles away from my home
Wish me luck, lads.
>>
>randomly thinking about my past
>remember all the people I knew in 5th grade before I moved
>can't remember any of their last names so I can't stalk them on social media to see what they look like now
>>
who else >gone rouge ?
I'm saying fuck a major, fuck g.e., i'm just taking classes I want, fuck a degree
>>
>>34390078
You're being a Nancy my nigga. Plenty of people swim and tie showers in contacts. Quit trying to get other people to live your bubble life
>>
Just woke up and immediately puked everythng I had for dinner dear god why do people drink how did I fall for this meme
>>
>>34394258
Where's all the government and good goy student money going to? Administration?
>>
File: 1480116443396.jpg (37KB, 680x734px) Image search: [Google]
1480116443396.jpg
37KB, 680x734px
>semester goes pretty well
>pass all my exams
>get 100% in programming classes since I like it as a hobby
>finals come, pretty relaxed since the semester is going well
>end up failing 2 classes
>programming teacher fails me because someone copied off me
>mfw
>>
>>34403089
Yes, redundant bureaucracies which are paid to sit in offices and do work 3 months of the year. Countless gimmicks like rock climbing walls, and unnecessary campus renovations. There is often an entire economy based around the ridiculous spending of colleges. It's like students and taxpayers unwillingly investing in communities with money they don't even have.
>>
>>34397153
Not at all, I'm so far ahead of him it's laughable, and during our language labs where we don't have assigned partners people actually go out of their way to work with me.
>>
>>34390414
That sounds fucking fun
>>
>>34389464
this is so true

university is such a fucking scam. especially in america when you're being raped by corporate elitists
>>
>>34390570
Fuck off beta orbiter! I have friends in real life

origi
>>
File: 144946887178.jpg (12KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
144946887178.jpg
12KB, 306x306px
>go along to a karaoke night
>find a good table for myself
>girl sits down next to me
>ohshit.webm
>says to my face that she's only sitting next to me so that she doesn't look lonely
>goes back to sitting with her friends once they stop singing

That hit me hard in the feels.
>>
>>34395966
you should have stayed in chemistry
>>
>>34398924
>Name
>Intended major
>Hobby is playing video games
There you go
>>
>>34399963
Scholarships man
>>
FILTHY NON STEM NORMIES
>>
>>34389723

>you
>a brainlet

I'm trying to relearn math from the beginning to now. I have shit memory and I'm lazy.

Haven't even finished Highschool.
>>
>>34393626
>graduating this semester with a degree in Environmental Policy and Wildlife Management
So you spent 7 years getting a joke degree?
Also why does my captcha show a freemasons guild?
>>
Who else expected to lose their virginity in college?
I'm 20 years old and I literally want my dick sucked by qt 3.14. Doesn't matter how many dicks she's sucked. I just wanna get laid so bad.
>>
File: 1480836307932.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1480836307932.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>commuting since too autistic to share a flat
>go to all lectures studying going well
>get home late most days so can't eat enough food to get results from gym
>not attractive enough to get girls, only hope is gym and i can't eat enough food to put on weight
>day 1 nofap is too hard since hot girls at uni
>group assignment coming up and no friends
>have to see all those girls and know i have no chance with them everyday of my life

i just want to get laid
>>
>>34404962
it must suck knowing that your entire existence in university is just one big meme
>>
File: 1417639350094.jpg (16KB, 308x313px) Image search: [Google]
1417639350094.jpg
16KB, 308x313px
>control engineering test in 2 days
>just realized now half of the test will consist of MATLAB computing
>only used MATLAB once in my life and I hated it

Is it possible to learn how to deal with MATLAB in just 2 days? Tomorrow is my birthday too...
>>
File: 1479360628441.gif (650KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479360628441.gif
650KB, 320x480px
>only second week
>already want to start skipping
I hate this so much, I don't want to go have to go out deal with all the normies, I just want to sleep in and be a neet
>>
>>34405846
>to sleep in and be a neet
and how will that pay the bills
>>
>>34405996
>implying my degree will pay the bills
>>
>>34406159
what's your degree
3rd year compsci here
>>
File: kaname_shidori_enthusiastic.png (2MB, 1436x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kaname_shidori_enthusiastic.png
2MB, 1436x1080px
>only have to complete one more exercise sheet to be admitted for the math exam
>still procrastinating until it is high time
Why do I risk throwing away months of effort?
>>
>>34393626
Emigrate.
>>
I think I'm a brainlet. Every time I go to classes everyone just solves everything way faster than I can even understand what's going on. I take hours just to understand a simple problem that takes normal people minutes. How did I end up here.
>>
I dropped out. Stopped showing up to classes halfway through the first year, and couldn't tell my parents, so I went for a second year, didn't show up once.
I wish I had something I cared about enough to go and try though.
Dunno what I'm supposed to do.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-19+at+11.50.42).jpg (6KB, 101x123px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-19+at+11.50.42).jpg
6KB, 101x123px
>>34395852
>those feels
oriertkedrter
>>
File: 1458591659854.gif (569KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1458591659854.gif
569KB, 640x636px
>>34389464
>next semester will be my last semester
>have to take just one core course
>will take database even though I am already expert on subject
>will fap, play vidya and watch anime whole semester
Before I become wage cuck, I will enjoy my last semester
>>
>>34404757
Chemistry sucks as well. It would've been better if it was chemical engineering, but general chemistry... Man.

Also got tired of all the white Stacy's in my lab ignoring me
>>
>tfw see my ex walking out from class alone
>she has a 9am class in a room across from mine
>say hi to her
>she blushes and gets touchy with me, asks me what class I had
>tell her I'm going to the library
>she is too, but it's not like I'm gonna follow her
>before I could even say bye, she steps back and calls her friend
>I just walk forward and find my spot, didn't even turn around to say bye to her
WTFFFF she's treating me like some creep
>>
>>34400316
thanks, I hope they do like me

it just sucks because I'm a second year in first year CS, I'm older than everyone and it kills me
>>
File: 1466481918743.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1466481918743.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>34401517
Reporting back from the interview.
I fucked up so much. I thought I'd be prepared for it, but the questions they asked were ones I never anticipated for.
The work I showed them was alright, but everyone else around me had huge folders worth. I felt so tiny compared to everyone else.
I don't think I'm gonna make it in, but at least I have 4 other unis to fall back on.
>mfw I have another interview in 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks after that
I'm in for a busy month.
>>
>>34403872
>>end up failing 2 classes
shit what happened? I failed 2 classes too
>>
>>34405140
I almost did in my first year, an ugly cute girl was all over my dick.

But we were both commuters and had nowhere to fuck.

Best bet is finding a qt who lives alone or live on residence
>>
>>34406986
>everyone just solves everything way faster than I can even understand what's going on.
simple

They have friends and you don't.

They have all the money, motivation, gf, friends and you don't.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 589x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 589x777px
>>34401147
Evola was a shit tier philosopher but I like the metaphor.
I also like how someone as batshit as him could still remain hopeful
>>
File: 1482182465420.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482182465420.png
50KB, 500x500px
>classmate stop showing up for a week
>comes back
>tells teacher he has depression
>sometimes ask him how things have been going
>conversation usually don't last because he don't say much
>has panic attacks during class, tries to hide it but everyone can notice
>one month pass
>notice he's getting better
>realize he's even more of a robot than me
>keep talking to him sometimes
>next week
>he hasn't showed up at all since Monday

Guys I got a bad feel about this.

And on a side note, my 16-year-old brother decided to become a NEET, mostly because of self-esteem issues (he's actually more attractive than me) and anxiety, how can I help him to get his life back on track?
>>
>>34399143
Laugh it off dude, that was funny. I mean who wouldn't partner up with stacey given the choice?
>>
>>34408414

>How can I help him to get his life back on track?

What are your parents doing about it so far?
>>
>>34389464
My girlfriend goes to another school, I have no friends, and the only girl who will sometimes give me the time of day... I've fallen madly in love with.

Everyday I have to lie to everyone. J Dilla gets me through most days, that and you guys.
>>
File: 1386105939286.jpg (369KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1386105939286.jpg
369KB, 800x600px
>>34407532
>I felt so tiny compared to everyone else.
This is me after I sent my application, I feel like I'm below everyone who's applying to the Uni I applied to. I'm already confident that I'm not going to be accepted and my dreams of actually entering a uni are deteriorating.
>>
>>34405838
if you're an engineer, you should know how to at least use matlab basically
>>
>>34408841
You'll make it, don't give up yet anon. I believe in you.
>>
File: 1483310483487.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1483310483487.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
be smarted than the fucking machine you idiot.
step up and take responsiblility for your future
>>
>>34408864
There's always that spark in me. But the Uni I'm applying to (Lancaster) seems very prestigious, the only reason why they might accept is for my IELTS results, detailed personal statement, and if I'm lucky then my former English teacher didn't fuck up the referral and actually put some effort into it. If they do accept me I'm probably going to drink for the first time in my life.
>>
File: happydoge.jpg (20KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
happydoge.jpg
20KB, 360x270px
>>34408906
You'll get in anon, because though this place may be a shithole, we care about our own. In some way at least. Good luck familia.
>>
>>34408795
They made him see a psychologist and try to get him interested in something else than playing MMOs.
The psychologist said that it would take some time for him to get better, and that his issues are actually pretty big (my mother told me that he was literally crying in the car the morning he dropped out).
Thankfully my father is more fulfilled with his career, so he isn't probably yelling at him as much as when I was a kid with social problems and bad grades, but I would bet anything that he still does.
>>
>>34408941
Thanks, famal. Appreciate these kind words of support.
>>
>>34408981

It sounds like he's in good hands for now, then.

If you're comfortable, tell him about /r9k/ and the harsh realities of being a NEET. Show him the 25+ threads.

At the very least, make it clear that you're sympathetic to his problems and don't want him to lose his youth too much.
>>
>>34408906
You'll make it, dude. We believe in you.
Did you happen to apply for other unis? (just incase you don't get onto this one)
When I made the application my tutors told me that I could send this over to five different unis. I was wondering if you did the same.
>>
>sitting in library
>girl I was seeing last year asks me to eat lunch with her together
>tell her I have a class to go to (I did), but it's linear algebra so I could've just checked the notes later
>go to class, still don't know anyone
Now I'm even more depressed than I started today
>>
>>34390570
>>
>>34399255
Park agencies got fucked because they started tweeting about verifiable scientific facts that will have effects on nature reserves, something that has a lot to do with national parks.
>>
>>34409216
>I was wondering if you did the same.
I only applied for 1 cause unrealistic confidences at the start. I registered through UCAS, there was an option in which if the University rejected me, UCAS would automatically send the application to other unis where I'd be eligible to be applied. So I was basically satisfied with that option.
>>
>>34409234
Why didn't you tell her you'd like to some other time? Now it sounds like you had a lucky excuse lined up.
>>
File: paypay.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
paypay.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>34389464
What's college like robots? Just the concept of it scares me silly. I recently applied to Umaine, Umass Dartmouth, SUNY Albany, SUNY ESF Umass Amherst and Bridgewater (safety school) any robots go to any of these schools? What were they like? Tell me about your experience.

I'm mostly leaning towards Maine to pursue wildlife ecology, but I've also leaned towards Umass Darthmouth because I like the campus. I don't know too much about college other than what my chad brother has told me about his frat, but are dorms as awful as everybody keeps saying they are?
>>
>tfw a second year still taking first year courses

I feel so old

No one talks to me because I am obviously older than them
>>
>>34409470
>Why didn't you tell her you'd like to some other time? Now it sounds like you had a lucky excuse lined up.
Yeah I should've done that, should I text her that?
>>
>sitting in lab
>everyone speaks Chinese, even the TA
>TA helps the Chinese students in Chinese
Why is this allowed? Fuck I think I registered for the wrong section.

If they were speaking English I would at least get some hints
>>
File: 1471713351906.jpg (67KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1471713351906.jpg
67KB, 633x758px
>finished first semester 1.41 gpa because crippling stupidity
>it is now mathematically impossible for me to get my scholarship back, would have to get basically perfect grades this semester and ask the scholarship people if I can have it back since clearly I have potential

Without my scholarship, I can't afford to go to college, so no matter how well I do this semester it's over anyways.

I can't bring myself to care or try. It's the third week and I haven't done one assignment, I didn't even buy the book for two of my classes.

I'm going to drop for sure this semester, the only question is whether I should kill myself or just work in retail hell for the rest of my life.

>tfw 19 and life is over
>>
>>34409674
>he can't speak Chinese

lol look at this loser and laugh
>>
>>34409708
Fuck you that's not the point...
>>
>>34392421
Nigga you blind?
>>
File: IMG_0436.jpg (33KB, 256x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0436.jpg
33KB, 256x287px
>Take social ethics philosophy class
>Our first topic of discussion is sexual ethics, focused on homosexuality, but still talk about sex outside of marriage, masturbation, etc
>Have to talk about vatican declaration on sexual ethics
>For sex outside marriage, a stereotypical feminist roastie says she got really pissed off at the condemnation of being a slut.
>Robot sex comes up later, some guy says how only creeps would do that. Says people should go out and socialize
>Mfw

I find it ironic, since I can't imagine anyone dating that guy. Kind of a prick, and he has these weird ticks where he's constantly rolling his eyes.
>>
I learned a trade, best decision ever.
>>
>>34407407
Working with women is hell if you aren't attractive. I'm always trying to successfully do work and not look like a sperg at the same time.
>>
>>34410288
>Working with women is hell if you aren't attractive.
I disagree. You do your job, that's that. Nothing else you need to worry about, they'll talk nevertheless.
>>
File: TheHouseInFataMorgana.jpg (492KB, 2048x1823px) Image search: [Google]
TheHouseInFataMorgana.jpg
492KB, 2048x1823px
>walking through the parking lot
>random Asian girl came up to me
>she had dark, golden hair with hints of red
>she wore a dark-colored jacket
>asked me if I have an Iphone charger
>"Sorry, I don't have one"
>"Thanks anyway"
>stared at her cute face before she left
>traces of opportunity dried up

FUCK FUCK I should have talk to her more, I hope to meet her again
>>
>>34410288
>Working with women is hell if you aren't attractive
It's because I'm Asian

I'm considered attractive by Asian girls but not white Stacys

I don't have the courage to be the first one to talk either
>>
Why can't I stop feeling lonely? At this point I can't tell if it's depression or anxiety. I have trouble falling asleep
>>
>third week of classes
>still no friends but see people in my major
>>
File: trumpster.jpg (90KB, 734x960px) Image search: [Google]
trumpster.jpg
90KB, 734x960px
My university is the same except this happens on a daily basis in all my classes, even if they have nothing to do with politics. My university also sent out a mass apology letter after Trump won, condemning him, and set up a legitimate safe space building. I truly thought safe spaces were just a meme up until that point.
>>
>>34412096
>third week of classes
>there's a really Fucking cute Asian girl, and I sit behind her
>tfw can't bring myself to talk l
To her because I'm a boring robot virgin
The part that makes me redeem is that a nigger talked to her on the first day and she baked him cookies. Fucking hell man... Uni Life is shitty
>>
>tfw uni psych berates me for not having friends for 5 solid minutes
>"You just have to TRY, anon! Why aren't you trying to make friends?"

fuck you you bald manlet piece of shit, it's not like I'm fighting off hordes of people who think I'm worth talking to.
>>
>wake up
>hit the snooze 6 times
>drag my body to classes
>do reading after classes
>come back home
>eat
>sleep
its been 2 years like that now

im really fucking lonely
>>
>>34412289
You've just got to learn to accept rejection, famalam.

Put it this way: if you talk to her, you might become friends - or even more than that, great.
Even if you're not successful, you'll probably never have to talk to her again, so it doesn't even matter - no big deal.

You're not going to get anywhere without trying. I know society can be a bitch sometimes, but you're not going to get that qt asian waifu by sitting on your ass doing nothing.
>>
>>34389655
>People who go to expensive private schools for a bachelor's degree are stupid
I'm pretty sure we don't even have public schools at the bachelor's level
Ontario, Canada here
>>
File: vadore.png (129KB, 340x247px) Image search: [Google]
vadore.png
129KB, 340x247px
>bricking self about exam results
>get all A's
what the fuck
>>
>>34412529
haha anon just join clubs and organizations!
>>
File: tumblr_ngz066QEeR1shiv3ro1_500.jpg (124KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngz066QEeR1shiv3ro1_500.jpg
124KB, 500x566px
You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was too low in content (0.00% content).
>>
>class is almost over
>it's a lab for computer science
>some people start leaving early because they're done
>when I start packing up some girl next to me asks me if we can leave
>said "yeah"
>she says "oh great i'm so ready to leave" and smiles at me
>just say yeah, put my stuff away, and walk out

Was I supposed to keep talking to her?
>>
>>34413051
theres a club meeting tomorrow of an interest im autistic about, id like to go but im too anxious and bad with strangers

their taste is probably weak too
>>
>>34413290
Man you people are fucking autistic.
>>
>>34413337
what was he supposed to do
>>
>>34413337
What?
She was just asking me a question I presume. I'm not some faggot who thinks "this girl said something to me she must want my cock". Why would I act like some sperg and try to start some random conversation with some girl I've never talked to when were both about to leave and go somewhere else? Don't want to give her the wrong idea that I'm some sperg weirdo.
>>
File: RWl4M9c.jpg (50KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
RWl4M9c.jpg
50KB, 722x349px
>>34399542
>>34400263
Well guys the guy that gave me his number and was supposed to get me into the party isn't responding to my text.
So, back to my original question, what's a quick, easy, and painless way to end my life?
>>
>>34394020
my sister got blacked and the guy tried to kill her(and himself). don't let it happen man
>>
File: 86.png (151KB, 300x241px) Image search: [Google]
86.png
151KB, 300x241px
>school requires everyone to take a "cultural" class
>take ethnopsychology because it's short and you just read articles all day
>think they're gonna be sjw articles on how white males are evil
>mfw we read Rush Limbaugh
>mfw we spend the whole class talking about him
>mfw all the coons around me get triggered when the professor says Rush makes some good points about blacks needing to suck it up
>>
>talk to qt chinese girl and help her with her programming
>she has no idea what she's doing but she's cute and her engrish is adorable
>sit next to her a couple times
>come to class late today
>6'5 tanned blonde frat laxdouche sits next to her
>she asks him for help on problem
>he gets really close to her and she's smiling and giggling at everything he says
>next day try to sit next to her
>nigger who knows jack shit about programming and has to ask teacher for help on basic javascript sits next to her and annoys her with his loud ass laughing

God damn it I just want to get to know her better and not have to compete with these assholes.
>>
>>34412432
is university counseling worth it over all or is it a total meme?
>>
>>34413517
you get lectured by a short little jewish guy trying to sell you pills and "services" recommend by the (((university)))
>>
>>34399963
Don't worry anon keep going !

>Last year I was in the sme situation but I dropped of because of anxiety and my addiction to vidya
>>
>>34408414
you probably have to do one of those cliche "you have potential, look at how i'm doing, you can even surpass me!" type of things. hope it works out
>>
>>34413583
oh well, I'm too scared that people would find out about ke going anyway
>>
I can't tell if girls are looking at me because I look at them or if they're actually interested. I've long forgotten who looked first but either way nothing'll happen, right guys? haha

Every day is a slog it feels like, and every night is depressing. I feel obligated to at least maintain a happy vibe because people completely at random ask me for a secret to happiness, and I don't want to disappoint them by saying I'm not happy or I never was happy. I end up disappointing anyways because I can't tell them any special formula so I guess the charade should end
>>
>>34404962

This

and fuck football
>>
>>34412539
If she rejects me I probably won't be able to handle it.
I have disastrously low self-confidence. We'll likely never be together, so why risk the heartbreak.
Self-fulfilling prophecies are shit, but they keep me from going full Elliot.
>>
File: 1484970639439.png (479KB, 1760x1222px) Image search: [Google]
1484970639439.png
479KB, 1760x1222px
>walking past a girl
>when she gets somewhat close she pulls out her phone and bury's her head in it
>through the corner of my eye I see them look up as soon as they pass me
Almost every single girl does this. It isn't coincidental. I hate being so unwanted.
>>
>>34413927
sounds more like you are going insane
>>
>>34413499
>God damn it I just want to get to know her better and not have to compete with these assholes.
Dude

You're in fucking CS

Don't do that shit unless you're really good at programming and just want to show off
>>
>>34413927
I do this to literally every girl I pass desu
>>
>>34413927
that's just something people do. i try to smile at the people I pass by but only really manage it with guys.
>>
File: IMG_2413.jpg (66KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2413.jpg
66KB, 500x473px
>go to big tech school
>game design major
>gender ratio is fucked, be lucky to have 3-4 girls in main programming classes
>of these women, half of them are white, sjw, blue hair-tier
>the rest are actually kinda qt asian women
>take more liberal arts classes this semester for the sole reason that they're easy and have more women
>strategically planned where I saw the first day so that I could sit next to a woman as close as possible
>3 of them are next to qt asian women
>haven't managed to start a conversation with any of them, they look more shy and quiet than I actually am
One of them asked me if she was in the right class and I told her yes, and that was that

>despite this, over the last 3 semesters I've managed to make good friends with 3-4 pretty cute girls
>all of them have boyfriends
>even if they broke up with them, have absurd competition to deal with due to sheer volume
I swear I would be slaying pussy if I was in a place with a better ratio. Anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
>>34414077
literally exact same situation here, I sat in a corner of my writing class surrounded by 3 girls so they're forced to talk to me. this feels kind of awkward tbqh, they're nice though.
>>
>>34414077
keep the female friends around, if they know you good enough they will try to hook you up with their friends and stuff
>>
>>34409494
Maine is a fuckin weird place and Orono perfectly captures what I mean by that. Take that as you will.
>>
How can you tell if some random girl in your class wants you to talk to her?
>>
>professor is a qt
>tfw she attempts to talk to me and I start sweating beads
>>
>>34409494
I don't know about the other schools, but Albany and Mass-Amherst are known dudebro party schools. I would avoid those as a robot tbqh.
>>
File: Inevitable future.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Inevitable future.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34389464
>Currently in college
>First year spent studying Level 2 interactive media (Because that was the closest to animation that the local college did)
>Fun as fuck but learned hardly anything I wanted to learn
>Maybe next year won't be so bad
>Studying Video Games Development (Because it was the closest to animation)
>Spend the first year following outdated 3DS Max tutorials, make a shitty flash game, create a level on UDK and make a browser game on GameMaker
>Second year starts off decent with a concept art unit, but falls flat with the video production unit( i have no fucking idea why we even did this, considering we did this in Interactive Media).
>Present day
>I'm given an assignment to write about producing sound for the video
>Another assignment on creating a Game Document, despite having no idea that we were going to actually make a fucking game on Unreal 4 of all things.
>We have just about 4 - 5 months to do all of this, making a game included
>We have not worked in a group for any of these assignments and we're not going to for the game
>We won't be able to animate any assets at all
>mfw I was cucked out of three years of learning, made to just write about doing stuff but never truly learned how to do stuff and is about to head into Uni with little to no real experience at all
It is at this point that suicide feels like the most appropriate thing to do.
>>
>have single room for first semester
>it's great
>never had a girl or anyone else in there all 3+ months
>get roommate for winter term
>he fucks some girl after being there a week
>girls don't want to come to our room because I'm in there watching anime all day so he's gone half the time
>the other day 2 girls knocked on our door to say hi to my roommate, didn't even acknowledge me and I was right in front of them

I fucking hate this.
>>
File: doom paul.png (907KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
doom paul.png
907KB, 720x720px
>just dropped out
>yuge debt
>no savings left
>mom just found out
>>
>>34414097
Yeah man. One of the liberal arts classes had us group up, so of course everyone does it with the people right next to them. The one asian girl literally never said anything, how am I supposed to work with that? Another one of the liberal arts classes so far has been mostly the teacher lecturing and talking to students, but that makes it harder for students to talk to each other more privately.
>>34414121
I do keep them around, one of my goals this semester is to hang out with them
more, I haven't been able to yet so far (first week of semester here). From
my past experiences hanging out with them they haven't really introduced me to any other girls though. I mean it's happened like twice but I never was able to see those girls again
>>34414199
As another anon in a Game Design major, I can tell you right now based on what you're doing you're getting fucking memed. Flash and 3DSMax are not the tools you should be using.
>>
>>34414249
>never had a girl or anyone else in there all 3+ months
you shut yourself in your room and didnt talk to anyone the first semester of freshman year?
what the fuck man, you pretty much doomed yourself to being friendless for the rest of college
>>
>>34414249
Hey Mitch
>>
>>34414407
No I talked to a few people in my dorm and made good friends with them. I have a few contacts from high school here as well. I'm just busy all the damn time and not a big party guy so I like to stay in. My room was a mess and there was nothing but a TV so I never invited anyone in there. I have an autistic fear of women so I avoid them as much as I can.
>>34414437
Hey man
>>
>>34414407
haha who would ever do that haha
>>
File: imlateforbusiness.jpg (37KB, 341x504px) Image search: [Google]
imlateforbusiness.jpg
37KB, 341x504px
>>34414077
Is it sad that I actually chose to go to business school instead of engineering school because of the ratio?
>>
>>34390570
Fuck off beta oribiter! I have friends in real life!
>>
>>34409494
Stressful and depressing and sexual and confusing and weirdly ok
>>
>>34409674
That's how I feel at the pai gow table
>>
>>34409494
It consists of never going to lectures and never studying while shutting yourself in a room and racking up a big debt for no reason.
>>
>did nothing other than study and chill last year so worried about career
>spend this year getting involved and 'doing stuff' to become appealing to employers and make something of myself
>still rejected from every legal internship despite going to top 5 global uni, being a published policy author, setting up HR charity
>Haven't even developed any important skills or contacts outside of an area I'm not even interested in

>>34392355

Cam?
>>
>>34415174
I get it dude. I think wanting to have a better major you like more outweighs that though. But right now it sucks because I need that PUSSY
>>
File: 10195040.jpg.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
10195040.jpg.png
30KB, 633x758px
>tfw pretty sure you are getting sick
>>
>>34415437
Are you an undergrad? Legal internships are ridiculously hard to get. I'm a pre-law student and I've pretty much given up on getting a legal internship as an undergrad; trying to get an internship at the Fed this semester. Getting internships outside of CS is so difficult--thus is life!

Also, what uni do you go to? It seems like you and the other anon go to Oxbridge. If you guys don't, our unis might be "connected."
>>
>>34415437
>>34415943
inb4 Oxford PPE
>>
File: hank.jpg (28KB, 208x210px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
28KB, 208x210px
>>34409674

>project with assigned groups
>me and four Chinese kids

I'm being fucked with, aren't I?
>>
>tfw retaking Python Algorithms
>still don't know how the fuck to program because it just triggers me
>third week of classes and everyone already made friends
>assignments are due
>have no idea how to do it
>>
>>34416003
it depends, m8

sometimes they might be nice and treat you like their own

other times they might group up on you and cuck you, they have all the power and shit
>>
>>34415985

Nope, Cam

>>34415943

I know they are, but some people still get them. I don't know why I'm not one of them, I feel that my application was strong and I had someone who has recently been employed by one of these firms help me
>>
>>34398601
>don't like applied mathematics
Well you pretty much have to go to grad school if you want to continue with math.
>>
>Managed to get out of academic probation last semester
>GPA is complete shit but I feel like I can turn it around if I just put more effort. I definitely have enough time
>Feel too uncomfortable to study/do work in the library or in campus
>Always get too lazy and just browse /r9k/ and listen to music when I'm home
I just need some kind of push but I can't ever do it.
>>
>>34416440

I mean fucked with by the professor.
>>
>>34416681
Get a shitty part-time job and realize just how fucking much you hate it and how much you don't want to work a job that shit.

Worked for me, after 6 months of wageslaving in that I was studying 24/7 to try and secure myself something bettr

happiness and satisfaction is relative
>>
Who /takingasemesteroff/ here

the vidya is starting to get boring
>>
>>34416681

You'll hit a rock bottom and unfuck yourself sooner or later. I did. Hopefully your rock bottom occurs at a younger age than mine did.
>>
>>34416815
What age was it?
>>
>>34416834

You're talking to a 28 year old sophomore, lad.

A 28 year old sophomore who is currently typing this from a dorm room while his 18 year old floormates are yelling about Drake or something.
>>
I'm transferring to a 4 year and I'll probably spend 2 years there, doing EE, too.

How fucked am I if I'm 22 and I've never had a job? I'm currently applying to internships for CC students who are transferring, but I doubt I'll get any of them.

Can I still unfuck myself out of this if I do great at uni and load up with tons of ECs?
>>
>>34416726
Well, I'm sure you know this, but you're at Cambridge and you seem to have your shit together, so I'm sure things will turn out all right. Try and try again!
>>
>>34416551
>>34417036
Fuck I replied to the wrong lad.
>>
>>34417019
I'm in the exact same position, anon.

I've heard stories about anons that go through the same struggle survive because they support each other when no one else would.

Wanna be friends?
>>
File: fragg.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
fragg.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>34416681
I feel I had a similar situation to you in college anon. My GPA was complete shit (failing and barely passing courses left and right), I was always too anxious to study on campus and I was always letting myself get distracted at home. I did eventually manage to salvage the situation.

FWIW I can say that I never really got over those bad habits. It might be unfeasible to really change your habits completely in the short term and attempting to do so may just leave you discouraged. I simply had to just work through those habits, I always tried to get back to my work when I realized I was being distracted even though I could barely muster 5 minutes of concentration at the very best. It felt like I was swimming against the tide of inevitable failure but ultimately those little minute to minute pushes I gave myself were adding up and I started to see improvement.
>>
How do I get over being so old?

No one ever talks to me in classes anymore, and freshmen look at me like I'm a creep
>>
>>34416681
Me too, I'm in the same boat. Actually I'm on probation but my GPA got even worse last term.
>>
File: 1484635036234.jpg (13KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
1484635036234.jpg
13KB, 600x576px
>tfw fell for the community college meme
>>
>>34416712
Well how would we or you know? Maybe ask him how the groups are assigned.
>>
File: ff1210.jpg (144KB, 881x565px) Image search: [Google]
ff1210.jpg
144KB, 881x565px
>>34389723
>>34391882
>fell headfirst for the stem meme
>social ineptitude of an aspie, but none of talents with creative problem solving and maths
>understand that I'll never be competent enough in this field to compensate for social retardation
>understand that I've no career prospects whatsoever and am fucked the moment I graduate
>still spend ~50 hours a week studying and doing assignments because the productivity is a distraction from everything wrong with my circumstance

I regret everything.
>>
>was about to transfer to a nice college from a shit state uni
>girl I liked from high school goes there too
>failed multiple classes at the last second
>now don't even have a chance of getting in
I want to die.
>>
>brainlet
>computer science major
>hate programming
>literally last semester of college
>all the computer science classes are no longer easy to just google code and fake
>several group projects where i need to code with a group of people
>i can barely write an entry level java program
>worried i'm gonna fail out

what do lads
>>
File: spurdo_wtf.png (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo_wtf.png
8KB, 211x246px
>18 is not old enough to drink because drinking is dangerous and irresponsible for someone that young
>18 is old enough to rack up six figures of debt for a piece of paper that may or may not help you earn more money
>>
>>34417206
How much did you actually improve? I'm wondering because I realized in high school I did good because I actually had friends to study with.

I might have undiagnosed ADHD or whatever. I get too anxious to study on campus. It might take a few hours just to try to get concentrated into the work, especially if I'm depressed, stressed or anxious.

I also have to take frequent bathroom breaks because I drink so much water trying to feel better.
>>
>>34417340
shit I'm in the same boat. how did you get through as a brainlet in computing science?
>>
>in all of my CS classes, the girls all sit adjacent to one another in some corner, even when they're all strangers
It's hilarious and unfortunately appropriate.

This happen with anyone else?
>>
>>34417404

I'm a good study-er/test taker, so that covers the midterms and finals

As for projects, a combination of finding people who submitted the same project on Github and using Stack Overflow for everything.
>>
>>34417461

Yep. I fucking hate CS girls. Especially when they're mildly attractive. The betas flock to them and they think they're fucking queens of the universe. Some of the most stuck up dumb bitches I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with.
>>
>studying in the library computer lab
>mostly empty
>this ugly pajeet girl decides to come and sit next to me, staring at my face
>eats this stinky SEA smelling fried rice
>she's obviously depressed and mentally unstable

>few hours later she starts fingering herself violently
>can hear her gasping and moaning, she's so obvious about it
>get disgusted and horny at the same time because she's obviously fingering it to me

then after that she was lying down and crying to herself. Wtf.

I can't tell if the hundreds of normies outside the computer lab ever witnessed this happening
>>
>>34417172
Sure, why not?

(This has been an original comment brought to you by me)
>>
File: orson welles2.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
orson welles2.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>34417491
Hmmmmmmm....

origairu
>>
I jerk off when my roommate's asleep do you think he knows
>>
>>34417340
>can barely write an entry level java program
>last semester
How the fuck?

>worried I"m gonna fail out
That would be the least of my concerns. Who do you think is going to hire you?

CompSci is competitive as shit right now.
>>
>>34417530

My roommate did this. You're always a lot louder than you think. It got me hard sometimes.
>>
>>34417530
Not only does he know but he fantasizes about fucking you
>>
>>34417552

I already have a job doing IT stuff for a hospital. Pays well and will pay more when I'm full time/salaried.

Unfortunately most comp sci programs now are just coding focused, ignoring literally every other (and more important) aspect of comp sci.
>>
>>34417470
they develop different programs every term for this reason, so I can't do it

the prof told us about many cases of plagiarism when some student posted his code on stack exchange

Is CS actually doable just by studying and test taking?

>>34417461
Yes

>>34417484
Yeah I unfortunately had to deal with a CS Stacy girl last term. They usually seem to be left alone for the most part, unless if they're Chinese students who know each other. I guess the guys here know better.

This girl was eyefucking me in a study group the whole time. Silly me thought that meant she was interested in me, and decided to talk to her in class. That meant that I unintentionally got rid of her original beta orbiter she was sitting with, who got really angry and moved spots. Halfway through that class, she was leaning over to a guy next to her, asking questions.

Yeah indeed she was dumb as fuck. Had to leave school for a year because she failed last term. Obviously has ADHD and anxiety issues
>>
>>34417530
Just jerk it in the morning with the shower on.
>>
>in french class
>speak french better than most of the french majors
>in history class
>know more history than literally anyone in the class (autism)
>end up a CScuck and shit at it too
lmao
m-muh STEM, right?
>>
>>34417596

CS was probably the worst decision I made in my life. I graduate in May so it's too late to change. It gets me depressed a lot when I think about how much I fucked up by going CS. I have a decent paying job but I'm miserable and suck at coding.
>>
>>34417587
>most CompSci programs are just coding focused

That's not my experience. I get (and forget) a lot of theory in my classes. Sounds like you're describing IT.
>>
>Extremely hard exam in 5 hours
>Spent all last week procrastinating and not studying
>If I fail this exam I might as well drop out

REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34417596
CS is such a cuck program seriously
>>
>>34417635
In the same boat too. I already changed my majors so it's too late to try to change it back.

Man I wish I would've just gotten into engineering
>>
>>34417381
I don't know how universal GPA scales are but I basically moved from borderline failing (2.0) to second class honors (3.2) in the space of 1.5 years, enough for grad school. I definitely did spend hours basically doing nothing, with many days being write offs. I also had no time for other things. The whole experience was like banging my head against the wall.

If you genuinely think you have ADHD you should probably follow up. If nothing else they might give you magic pills to make the road ahead easier.
>>
>>34417635
>I have a decent paying job but I'm miserable and suck at coding
Dude just be happy you've a job.

There are fucking tons of CS majors with no post-graduation career prospects because they don't know how to network their talents or they're just not talented enough to stand above the competition.
>>
>>34390448
Bro just use tinder no one gives a fuck if they see you on tinder
>>
>>34417691
>If you genuinely think you have ADHD you should probably follow up.
That's what I'm suspicious about. I can't tell if I'm just being anxious, depressed, and stressed

But then even in high school I can't recall myself being able to put many hours into studying. Retook grade 12 courses because I did shit the first time. I might have just been too smart for ADHD in high school if that's the case.
>>
>>34401581
take a spelling class
>>
File: 1484225816703.png (71KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484225816703.png
71KB, 261x192px
>first month almost over
>talked to 10 girls but didn't actually ask them out
>I only run into one of them now...beta cuck forever

community college makes it worse considering 70% of them are married
>>
I know there are a lot of CS majors here.

How do you practice coding and/or design to ensure you don't forget everything you learn?
>>
>>34417676
I found engineering to be just as soulcrushing but with less job opportunities.
>>
How do I make CS friends?

There's one transfer student I know from high school, but I think he skips class

There's this one guy from last term who's also taking calculus and linear algebra, but he creeps me out and I've ignored him before

There's this one guy who sits in the back, I think he's from my junior high or something.

I really suck at coding because I have no experience, how do I get through this?
>>
File: wakfubaka3.jpg (261KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
wakfubaka3.jpg
261KB, 1280x690px
Semester started 2 weeks ago and I haven't gone to class once. Can I still make it lads or just give up?
>>
>>34417800
I guess that might depend on the school.

Engineering is the biggest discipline at my uni, it's where all the people from junior high and high school went into. They also make you have the same timetable in general first year so it's easier to make friends.

The CS department here is just horrible too
>>
>>34417841
>how do I get through this?
cs is filled with autists that will not talk or even acknowledge your existence unless there is a practical reason for it or they already know you

so you have to either approach them or get lucky
>>
>>34417893
I know, I'm pretty much one of them

But I wouldn't want to befriend some /pol/ack or mean schizoids as well
>>
File: ff490.jpg (24KB, 609x616px) Image search: [Google]
ff490.jpg
24KB, 609x616px
>>34417893
>cs is filled with autists that will not talk or even acknowledge your existence unless there is a practical reason for it or they already know you
That is painfully accurate.
>>
>>34417959
Every term I've seen this happen

At the beginning of the term, no one talks to each other and everyone is awkward

By the end of the term, everyone somehow knows each other now
>>
>>34390570

Gotta be safe
>>
File: 1481481654901.jpg (156KB, 898x618px) Image search: [Google]
1481481654901.jpg
156KB, 898x618px
>>34417765
how to gf, 6 days left until January ends

I can't talk to them unless it's a 1 on 1 outside, I never hit on them in the crowded halls
>>
>>34417722
clearly it's worth looking into friend, do what must be done
>>
>>34416968
Rip fuck u nick cross
>>
>>34417843
the first weeks are usually easy enough that missing them isn't that big of a deal
>>
>>34417987
>everyone except us
They (everyone else) probably assumes we hate them because we can't communicate. I think I hate that the most.
>>
>>34390570
FUCK OFF BETA ORBITER! I HAVE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE

have to just in case
>>
>>34418051
Yeah it especially happens to me because I'm Asian and look like some international/exchange student when I'm not
>>
>got a girlfriend last term
>been together for 2.5 months
>took her virginity
>buys me beer and clothes
>new term starts
>feel like flirting with other girls in my class

hmm
>>
>>34417596
Ugh I know this fucking feeling too well. I fell for the STEM meme and decided to major in chemical engineering, which I despise. My favorite classes have been in history or literature and I hate myself for not studying something else.
>>
>>34418011
Yeah coffee makes it worse because of the dehydration, insomnia, and anxiety
>>
File: 1483538428756.jpg (160KB, 631x732px) Image search: [Google]
1483538428756.jpg
160KB, 631x732px
>>34418092
don't worry, that's a normie thing...until you fuck
>>
File: sweaty_pepe.jpg (8KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty_pepe.jpg
8KB, 250x236px
>Alright everyone, lets go around the class
>When it's your turn, stand up, introduce yourself, tell us your hometown and something unique about you
>Lets start with you
QUICK ANON YOU HAVE TO MAINTAIN YOUR SPAGHETTI AND THINK OF SOMETHING INTERESTING ABOUT YOURSELF
GO
>>
File: 1438262974547.jpg (138KB, 490x499px) Image search: [Google]
1438262974547.jpg
138KB, 490x499px
>>34418131
I already fucked up, she told me she loved me
>>
File: 20170124_103022.png (776KB, 1079x1059px) Image search: [Google]
20170124_103022.png
776KB, 1079x1059px
Im graduating highschool soon and thinkong about doing my undergrad in biophysics. Is that any good? Do any robots have experience with this degree?
>>
>>34390570
Fuck off beta orbiter! I have friends in real life!
../**\@@|||---//\\\/\./10001
>>
>>34418167
UH I UH, FUCK...UH M-MY GRANDNFATHER UH YEAH
>>
>been seeing this girl last year
>I sat next to this girl in one class, tried to talk to her before class but didn't
>after class, she talks to me and tells me I'm in three of her classes
>after that we always took classes together and studied together for the whole year
>she even tried to ask me out for valentine's but never followed up
This year she's looking better because we're in different majors now

I saw her walking out class alone and said hi. she was all blushing and happy to see me. we even touched hands but she was more interested in calling her friend. shortly after she asked me to go for lunch together but I had a class to go to so I declined

Should I ask to go for lunch next time?

Is it going to be bad if I end up dating this girl and I lose her as a uni friend somehow?
>>
>Can't even start the first reading assignment without taking a shot
>>
File: 54232342342325t25.png (174KB, 385x381px) Image search: [Google]
54232342342325t25.png
174KB, 385x381px
>>34418233
in 2.5 months lmao
>>
Should I just get tinder? My fourth term and I feel so alone. I'm actually quite attractive but just too autist
>>
File: 1485320793688-r9k.png (209KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485320793688-r9k.png
209KB, 900x900px
>>34389533
Heat in your car doesn't cost extra gas ( well they only thing that does is the blower motor). The heat come from your heater core which is part of the engine coolant system.
>>
>tfw 2 of my professors can read minds
Fucking kill me. I hope I was wrong about one of them - he seems really nice & I'm nervous as fuck.
>>
>>34418262
Really depends on the programme. At lot of interdisciplinary programmes end up just being a gimped version of two programmes where you take classes from each stream but do very little in relating the two.
>>
File: 1483543718235.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1483543718235.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>34418422
>tfw 175 matches
>tfw too autistic to message
>>
File: 1483766032172.jpg (51KB, 960x852px) Image search: [Google]
1483766032172.jpg
51KB, 960x852px
there's some sort of fucking party going on in the dorm next to me and i need to sleep soon
>>
>>34418515
Wtf? 175 and nothing?
>>
>>34418544
>tfw roommate snores loud as fuck and I have morning classes
Every night is practically a race to fall asleep before he does.
>>
>>34418562
they don't message me
>>
>>34418597
LOL no one messaged you wtf is that supposed to happen at all?
>>
>>34390078
Why TF would he be putting them IN right before showering? Did he forget what his dick look like?
>>
>>34390414

Maximum troll potential in the entire space-time continuum
>>
That always pissed me off, too. 3 months after having to ask permission to piss and some condescending cunt in the advising office rolls her eyes because I haven't chosen a course for the rest of my fucking life.
>>
>>34390966

Since when do Staceys hang out with autistic OOR trannies, never mind 2 in 1?

> I detect alternative facts
>>
>>34390078
Show him the contacts manual
>>
>>34389464

>be STEM (no programing ) graduate and actually in Ph.D
>cant find job because Tech and Industrial businesses move jobs from this country to another
>cant work in McDonalds because they replaced cashiers with tablets
>Someday Trump make the Universal Income
>>
>dropped out of top ten school in America
>get casually addicted and then clean
>at CC working on CS but mostly learning as much as possible through youtube and stack exchange
>negative social skills

At this point I'm just hoping to pass a Linux Certification, I don't think it's worth my time to go back to uni when all the knowledge is online.

School is a waste of time, who would seriously dispute this? You can get more done in ten minutes on a PC at home than you can learn in one class. School is perfectly designed to be a distraction.

Educate yourselves. It should pay off if you know what your doing.
>>
File: 1483052199306.jpg (24KB, 437x443px) Image search: [Google]
1483052199306.jpg
24KB, 437x443px
>>34418544
seriously how do i get this shit to stop

it happens multiple times each week and the RA does fucking nothing about it. there's campus-wide "quiet hours" that he just ignored.

do i shoot an email to one of the residential life people or something?
>>
DAE read this and think, FUCK literally every post is about me
>>
>>34418793

Beat the fuck out of their door at 7 AM
>>
>>34393460

There is a well-recognized pattern with job fields, basically:
1-high demand
2-word gets out about high demand
3-everybody sends their kids into that field because jobsjobsjobsjobs
4-market is glutted
5-low demand

> And now t-Rump is president so unemployment will quintuple before the end of the year, good luck finding a job licking shit off chad's shoes
>>
>>34418762
>mostly learning as much as possible through youtube and stack exchange
Does that work for python?
>>
>>34418814
>t-Rump is president so unemployment will quintuple before the end of the year
Liberal retard.
>>
File: 1482520948731.png (144KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
1482520948731.png
144KB, 1200x760px
>>34418814

My company and industry are projecting YUGE growth in the next few years because of Trump, get fugged liberal scum
>>
>>34418841

I don't see why not?

Just find a tutorial and watch them one at a time. Should get you complete working knowledge. I started working with java from nothing less than one year ago
>>
>>34418919
I have no idea how to do my assignments and labs
>>
>>34390570
Fuck Off Beta Orbitter I have friends in real life
>>
File: 1482100353791.jpg (43KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
1482100353791.jpg
43KB, 540x303px
>>34418793
whatever i sent an anonymous email to the resident life person that manages my dorm

i'm dorming in a individual room type dorm that shouldn't be filled with shitlers next year anyway
>>
>tfw I always get treated like a beta orbiter
>>
>>34390855
Then what is college good for?
>>
>tfw as I get older I get jealous of Chad
>>
>>34390855
rn and engineering generally require degrees though
>>
>>34390570
Fuck off beta orbiter, I have friends in real life!
Just making 100% sure.
>>
>>34418734
>Staceys
Why would I go after a stacey? I don't want used goods, she's a shy qt, the tranny is her roommates orbiter
>>
File: deservetobebood.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
deservetobebood.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>34393626
>why do I not making 6 figures a year
Has a freaking meme degree
>>
>tfw can't stop feeling depressed and lonely on campus
>>
File: 1424584368412.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1424584368412.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>tfw signed onto ROTC officer program because I have no ambition and no clue what to do with my life

At least I have a guaranteed job at the end of all this
>>
File: a-choo.png (88KB, 450x358px) Image search: [Google]
a-choo.png
88KB, 450x358px
>taking cis class
>tall lanky blond guy sits in the front row
>takes out his macbook
>background and screen saver is anime shit
>falls asleep midclass

I think this kind of stuff is funny
>>
>>34389464
>last semester of senior year
>accounting and business administration degrees lined up
>no internships
>no real jobs
>just tried to get into Europa Universalis but gave up after 6 hours and realize that I don't have a single video game right now that I enjoy
>realized I will never enjoy any job I get in this field
>realized that even though I'm debt-free, I'm still so far behind everybody else in this fucking place
>the only things I enjoy are philosophy and political science
>so far down the rabbit hole that 4chan is the only website I visit anymore
>0 friends
>just spent half an hour walking around outside planning out the best possible murder/suicide

what the fuck this is all hitting me at once and I'm so fucking angry at everyone who ever suggested that I do something because they don't understand who I am at all
>>
>tfw tried to talk to people in my first week
>didn't get rejected but the girl made me leave first and i didn't even get her number
shit like this makes me depressed
>>
Reading this thread and I got a question: how many of you picked your degree just because it would pay well? How many of you picked it because interest for it before going to uni?
>>
>>34420736
I wanted to do exercise science because I was /fit/ as a freshman but my dad persuaded me to do accounting instead
I picked up business on the way because there were so many overlapping classes that I could get out with two degrees if I busted my ass
>>
>>34420736
did the latter and ended up doing the former

at first i chose chemistry because it's one subject i genuinely enjoyed in grade 12 (just grade 12)

then i ended up switching after first year. I was getting tired of the stressful labs full of white stacies, etc... apparently chemistry gets way harder after second year so that was a good choice. it has no job prospects except being a lab cuck anyway. i should've chose chemical engineering

so i switched to CS because that seems like the only "good paying" major in science
>>
anyone /ADD/ here?

i'm so overwhelmed with the workload because I keep leaving assignments until last minute, and don't even catch up on my lecture readings
>>
>>34420736

I have a history degree. I went with it because I'm too retarded at math for STEM and I had no clue what I wanted to do, so I just went with something I kinda like. It was way too much work for a shit tier liberal arts degree.

You have to read so much and the readings are all dry, boring and dreary. Didn't help that every history class that sounded interesting to me was full the day registration opened so I always got stuck studying topics I didn't give a fuck about. You also have to write gorillions of papers. I'm good at academic writing but it's such a pain in the dick to write 10-15 pages about something that bores you to death.

Fortunately everything worked out in the end - I eventually landed a great, high-paying, comfy office job and they were only considering people with degrees. I wouldn't recommend majoring in history unless you're really passionate about it. Pick something easier if you just want to fuck around or you're not sure what to do.
>>
>>34398924
I have one better for you anon:
>speech class
>have to say your name and something you've done that you think nobody else has
>if someone else has done it, you have to say another thing
Good thing the second thing I said worked, otherwise I might have had to pull out the 'I've tried to kill myself' or the 'I have never had sex' cards. Close call.
>>
>>34420657
i live in the room next to Logan, he's so fucking irritating all the goddamn time

he keeps trying to casually talk to me about onaholes and waifu pillows and thinks that just because we both know about these things it's socially acceptable to bring them up in public conversation
>>
>CS
>Feel like a prodigy in programming classes
>Absolutely terrible in the "actual" CS classes
>>
>>34421119
i'm the opposite

can't program for shit
>>
>>34421084
This guy's name is Cameron but he wants to go by James IIRC
>>
>at least half of the people in my hallway ignore quiet hours
I don't know how I haven't started hallucinating from the lack of sleep I've accrued over the past semester.
>>
>>34417530
My roommate did, even did it when I just had headphones in. Your roommate probably knows you do it and talks about it to other people as a joke.
>>
Any other journalism fags here? How do you feel about your major of choice at the moment?
>>
>it's another semester where I pay thousands of dollars to skip all of my classes and fail
>>
>>34423267
go to cIass
>>
>>34389464
>Finals
>Notes are a mess
>cant really remember what we did in class
>too fucking scared to ask others for help or clarifications from my teacher
Who else here /notexpectingunito requiresocialskills/?
>>
>>34423312

Addicted to masturbating and can't stop long enough to go to class.
Also I think my brain is damaged because I literally don't care about anything except jacking it and I've lost the ability to think about the long-term consequences about my decisions.
>>
I have a problem with sticking to things, every semester I drop, and all I have is a shitty part time job at Walmart. I'm 20 now and every idea i have, i set aside telling myself that a better opportunity will come along if i wait.
>>
>>34409702
should have went to community college anon
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.