[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What degree did you do lads?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 55

File: 1450908624057.jpg (240KB, 791x722px) Image search: [Google]
1450908624057.jpg
240KB, 791x722px
What degree did you do lads?
>>
File: 1472675995684.jpg (45KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1472675995684.jpg
45KB, 333x333px
None.

I just learned programming for fun and now get paid more than anyone I know while having no debt to pay off.
>>
File: 1482660258640.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1482660258640.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>34389421
dropped out of school when i was 8 years old ehehe
>>
>>34389421
>studied philo

>made 670k last year

kill yourself nigger
>>
Nursing.
Never worked a day in my life. Forgot everything I knew and I don't have the social skills to cope with it. Just die in my sleep already.
>>
>>34389421
seems like this list is biased. Intended biochem major
>>
>>34389421
>not being a neet your entire life

normies. get. out.
>>
>>34389421
>anthropology is above polsci
whoever did this is a literal moron
>>
>>34389459
I honesly hope youre joking
>>
>>34389516
Doing that right now too, but I'm having major doubts about the profession and if it's what I really want to do for the rest of my life.
Now I'm thinking about going into computer science, because then I don't have to interact with people so much.
>>
>>34389483
>what is an outlier
>>
>>34389421
Currently microbiology, pre-pharmcy
>>
Military is not that bad unless you're a pussy
>>
File: image.png (509KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
509KB, 500x707px
>falling for the college meme
Sad!
>>
In my final year of Computer Engineering.

Not sure how to feel about this.
University was the best time of my life, but the work pressure is increasing due to master thesis and such. I know it will only get worse once I start working. I miss the first few years of Uni where all I did was chill with my Uni bros. Good times.
>>
>>34389530
Don't do it anon. I did biochem and now I can't find a job that has anything to do with my degree. Do biotechnology instead
>>
>>34389421
>zoology
>60k in student loan debt
>paying it off with a $12.50/hr labor job
I was young and dumb.
>>
>history shit tier
>art meh tier
>>
>>34389421
1st yr aero engi
i'm shit
>>
>Engineering
>reputable

TOP KEK

Maybe in the US. In Europe engineering is the code monkey equivalent.

The most reputable STEM are Physics and Math because they essentially allow you to do everything, including being the engineer's boss.
>>
>>34389421
>Graduate HS, can't get a loan for a year
>Get a job as a security guard for a computer firm
>Catch a guy trying to steal a laptop, get promoted to Compliance, which is all about firewalls, PCI, etc.
>They put me through for a CISSP cert.
>Say they'll pay for a 'related degree'
>Get a degree in Catholic Theology
>Get promoted to Ethics Oversight for the corporation
>25 years old, making $140k/year from a theology degree
Living the dream
>>
Great God! I studied accounting and software engineering.
>>
>>34390057

Life if it's true it's fucking fantastic. But it's hard to believe.

If it's true it also shows who much of a myth it is that corporations are less wasteful than governments.
>>
>>34389421
I'm doing Econ.

Don't know what to expect honestly senpai.
>>
>>34390057

You should write a book. That's fucking hilarious if it's true.
>>
god tier chemistry degree is working well for me
>>
>>34389421
What tier would environmental engineering be?
>>
>>34390099
>>34390123
Know what is the most interesting part of the job?
I easily save the company 20-30 times my salary.
Know how?
"No, cheating a customer is wrong, and bad, and you shouldn't do it."
Seriously. The rule is 'if you have any question about something you or your team is doing, call Oversight and talk to them' and 90% of the time that sentence, up there, is what I tell them.
Lawsuits and such are down so much I saved the company almost $ 4 million last year
>>
>>34390051
Not here in Belgium.
Civil Engineers get better jobs here than Mathematicians or Physicists. I very much respect their degrees though, as they are much harder to get than Civil Engineering. Just less useful.
>>
>>34390130
See, I was kind of scared of doing Bio because I didn't want to inevitably become a teacher. Maybe I should have gone with BioTech.
>>
>>34389421
Automotive engineering. Basically a third electrical engineering, computer engineering and mechanical engineering.
>>
>>34390143
also an aspiring environmental engineer. probably on the same or one level lower than civil engy, bc thats what we are
>>
>>34390573
That's fine by me.
Oregano.
>>
>>34389453
Imagination is a wonderful thing
>>
File: JUST.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
Culinary arts graduate here.
>>
>>34389421
Game Art Design, so a mix of "meh" and "God" tier. Make comfy enough money through a mix of selling Steam and phone games, doing concept art for various companies, and doing art commissions for people. Hoping to get hired into a proper game design team soon though, it's stressful having to keep finding work to do.
>>
Currently doing physics with a concentration in astro and a minor in geophysics (since geophysics falls under the earth sciences school here)
Unironically loving it. I would love to do something like classics or english but in order to not starve to death I would've had to do that at an Ivy, so I just read on my own.
Grad school will be the ultimate cocoon mode, and then the dream is to be one of the batshit crazy physics professors every uni has
>>
>>34389421
I'm doubling in physics and music (history). The latter isn't on there but I assume it's in shit tier with regular history.
>>
That chart shows a ridiculously simplistic view of what college majors are really like.

For example you can study foreign languages with the aim of being a foreign language professor. You can study biology with an aim towards veterinary medicine.

Liberal arts is often studied in community college because you can transfer the credit and thereby get spared having to take Gen. Ed. classes at university.

I could go on. The chart reads like someone who either never went to college or didn't really pay attention to what was going on around him.
>>
>>34390786
>didn't really pay attention to what was going on around him
That's funny coming from you, considering you didn't even pay attention to the chart.
>>
>>34390130
What are you doing now? I've applied to do chemistry masters next year
>>
>>34389421
>comp sci, the literal meme degree, in "god tier"
lol
>>
>>34389421
>unironically putting comp sci the same as programming
>unironically put electrical engineering below programming
>"yeah we don't need computers or elevators or light bulbs but programming computers is really important"
>falling for the meme this hard
t. Someone who wishes they took circuity
>>
shitty engy degrees that has low employment but high salary

meme degrees

ARCHITECTURE IN GOOD TIER

AHAHHAHAH
>>
>>34389483
>humanities majors literally cannot understand this>>34389847
>>
>>34390876
>electrical engineering below programming
Electrical engineering is the very first in the very top tier.
>>
Where doe Animation fit on this scale.
>>
>>34390923
sweatshop work tier
>>
I have a maths degree.

My last job was at a call centre.
>>
>>34390750
Did you intend on being a professor from the moment you started? Have you heard of the career opportunities for someone with this major? I originally started at a community college majoring in physics in 2015 but dropped out. I was interested in maybe getting back to it, I'm very interested in space and aerospace engineering but I understand just being interested in something doesn't mean you should just go out and make poor education and career moves, as I've heard there is VERY LITTLE in the way of careers for physics majors besides maybe tutors or as you said professors. And I also hear what IS available requires at least a masters compared to other jobs where you may only need an associates or bachelors to land a job working in some fields
>>
>>34389421
>Art degree better than a BS in Psychology

The mightiest of keks
>>
>>34389453
How much ddd?
>>
>>34389421
accounting, pretty comfy

still trying to get an internship, hopefully i don't get fucked over without experience before graduation
>>
>Geophis in God tier and Good tier

Nice going OP ya big twat
>>
Why is psychology so useless? Can you even get a different job other than psychiatrist/psychologist? Still seems like a respectable job
>>
I did modern languages at Yale and I have a pretty decent salary, yet I know people who studied biochemistry and who are unemployed. There's a lot of variables involved with such broad generalizations.
>>
>>34390987
Psychology really is worthless though if it's not backed with a doctor in medicine.
>>
>>34391089
A psychiatrist has a degree in Medicine

A clinical psychologist requires a PhD and they still only make less than half the salary of a psychiatrist.
>>
File: 1466094379579.jpg (60KB, 412x627px) Image search: [Google]
1466094379579.jpg
60KB, 412x627px
>>34389421
>tfw undecided
I have to pick something but I don't know what to pick

How do people even decide? It's not like you really learn what you want to do in high school. Do people really just say, "oh chemistry, sounds good to me" while only having taken like honors chem in hs? That seems crazy to me
>>
File: reviewbrah.jpg (43KB, 681x375px) Image search: [Google]
reviewbrah.jpg
43KB, 681x375px
>>34389421
>took an art degree
>depression+cripling lazyness kicks in
>no longer able to sit down and draw without my attention leaving for some other place
>completely unqualified, horrendous jobs that your teachers used to threaten you with are now your only option

I've been thinking about going full drifter. Rather die in a frozen park bench than living the meaningless droneslave life.
>>
>>34391121
yes

how are you supposed to know without trying lol?
>>
>>34390954
I dunno who told you the job market for physicists is bad because that's blatantly untrue. Even if you stop at bachelor's, many companies hire physics majors over, say, cs majors for similar jobs because they know somebody doing physics at a good school just got their ass kicked for four years and came out ok.
Most actual physics-related work will take a doctorate but masters degrees in physics are usually literally skipped over (professors explain a masters in physics as a consolation prize if you get halfway to your phd and drop out). Maybe that's too much for you, but I have a strong desire to go all the way with it.
And the reason so many physicists aspire to be professors has nothing to do with teaching. Universities are just the most straightforward way to get funding for research in pure science that isn't useful to a company like a field like chemistry might be. If you're doing black hole astrophysics, your only real options for employment are a large well-funded university or nasa. If you get to know physics professors better you'll realize their classes are a tiny portion of what they do - most of their time will be spent on research.
>>
I'm 24 and thinking about going to school for comp sci, is it really a meme? I'm an autist who likes programming but hasn't put a lot of time into it
>>
>>34391144
>how are you supposed to know without trying lol?
That's my point, people just jump into stuff with no experience, it freaks me out. But I guess college is where you get experience

I'll have to figure out something to declare for the beginning of next year
>>
>>34389421
>info tech good tier
Feels like shit to me
>>
>>34391121
Yeah if you really enjoyed learning a subject in HS you would want to major in it or something like it. My advice to you is to take a bunch of classes that seem interesting to you and if you enjoyed it a lot, see where you could go with it. It's pretty common to change majors once or twice or even tack on another major on top, especially if you're indecisive.
>>
>>34389421
>mfw unbelieveable tier
chem eng
>>
>>34391214
Find a general direction and then just drop and change around.

I am doing the same this year

best of luck bot.
>>
File: meme.jpg (111KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
111KB, 1024x578px
Masters in Public Administration, graduating this May. Been applying for jobs all over in my spare time.
>>
>>34390913
Thanks for pointing out my autism and probable dyslexia
>>
>>34390085
which tier is accounting? cant find it
>>
>taking this chart meme seriously
Lol
>>
Here's the real tier list

Useful tier:
nursing, Computer/Civil/Electrical Engineering, statistics and other related fields

Useful only if you have a Master's, PhD, MD or some other high level certification
Accounting, Biology, Biochem, physics, chemistry, mathematics, psychology, etc.

Useful only if it's from a top15 school
MBA, Law school, finance

everything else is useless unless it's from Harvard, Oxbridge, Stanford, etc
>>
>>34391229
The only thing I'm really good at/like is music but people say it's a bad major. But I'm starting to not care about what other people say, considering almost everybody I know declared a major in business, just because it's what everybody else was doing

College is kind of a bummer
>>
File: 1463275777241.png (421KB, 540x750px) Image search: [Google]
1463275777241.png
421KB, 540x750px
>>34391200
I did cs and got six figures starting.
>>
>>34391182
But you also mentioned it was a community college, and I don't mean to sound elitist but that might really fuck you over.
Professors at a good school will be actively doing research in their field. Undergrad students help them and their grad students in their lab and get experience or even get published. This is more important than literally anything else on a grad school application, and if you're at a shit school where this doesn't happen, your grad school will be equally shit and you will accomplish nothing.
My computational physics professor, for example, does research on simulations for early universe models. In the process of doing this he became so well-known for data analysis that a wall street investment firm he'd never spoken to called him up and offered a 600k-per-year job in manhattan... Which he turned down because he loves his job so much.
>>
>>34389421
Was chemistry but switching to biology because the classes are essentially the same and you can't get a job with just a bachelors in chem
>>
At the end of the day if you're doing a degree you like and you are/ likely to be earning a decent wage from it you've made it pretty damn good
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
is botany any good. i really love plants
>>
>>34391276
If you plan on studying an instrument, don't bother unless you're really good. Being a professional musician is pretty cutthroat. (Ethno)musicology is alright but being a professor is kinda the only thing you can do with it, which if that's what you want go for it.
>>
>>34389421
Why is Computer Engineering better than Computer Science? I chose the former but I regret it
>>
Econ and mandarin-Chinese

Ps I'm white.
>>
>>34389940
lmao, my chemical engineering friend can't find a job either
>>
File: 1482407089069.png (78KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1482407089069.png
78KB, 420x420px
Tick Tock Time goes by
Tick Tock The time is nigh
Tick Tock Don't you cry
Tick Tock Soon you'll die
>>
>>34390012
Either one will just end up being a teacher
>>
>>34391263
Near the end of the great tier. Had to look too. Im great^2 since I'm accounting and finance double major.
>>
File: 79.jpg (7KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
79.jpg
7KB, 317x159px
>got a degree in fucking Hospitality Management
>hate Hospitality
>hate the hospitality industry
>literally the only thing I qualified for
>I'm not a NEET
>I work as a maid in a shitty 2 star budget hotel
>I am the only one who speaks fluent English
>the managers make fun of me all the time
>call me the 'Maid who creates five miles of shade' because I am obese
>make fun of my degree
>manager has engineering degree
>assistant manager has business degree
>my coworkers are all 40 year old plus Polish and Romanian women
>they bully me
>throw mops at me and shout at me in Romanian or Polish
>tried to make them laugh in the cleaners staff room last week by putting a wet mop up my shirt and shouting 'MY BELLY HAIR IS DIRTIER THAN ROOM 230!' (I once pissed myself in that room)
>they didn't laugh

The worst part is I am not even sure I understand hotels. Last week I got confused and didn't know what a valet was when someone asked me to hand a pair of keys to the valet. I thought a valet was a chair so I left the keys on a chair in the reception and we nearly lost them.
>>
>>34389421

>Shit tier history degree at Russel Group uni in UK
>Oh boi here we go, I finally get inducted into the truly ancient brethern of historians
>Now I'm going to find out some fundamental shit about human nature
>Discover one fucking psychologist has already done better work than a dozen historians on historial question of violence (stephen pinker)
>Find out that investigation into minutiae of much history becomes "so ppl didn rlly knw this b4 but it dsnt rly matter because effects are so small the grand narrative was right in the first place lol"
>FUCK THIS
>Bail out

And that's how I got out of my shit tier degree.

I seriously advise anyone reading this to not treat Opee's image as any other meme. There are NO FUCKING JOBS with anything below meh tier and the humanities ARE fucking garbage, or rather, there has been ENOUGH work done in them to allow us to start making predictions from them. You will NEVER break new ground in them in any signifigant way...

And if you're doing creative writing or something....god help you.
>>
File: forest_2_by_edli (1).jpg (1MB, 1300x742px) Image search: [Google]
forest_2_by_edli (1).jpg
1MB, 1300x742px
>>34391379
I'm curious as to find out about this too, anon.

In my head, it seems like a God tier job to be one with the earth and assist it by spreading its messages.
>>
File: 1433796272002.jpg (28KB, 192x214px) Image search: [Google]
1433796272002.jpg
28KB, 192x214px
>>34389483
>it's another 'anonymous internet user claims to be making six figures with meme degree' episode
>>
>>34389421
>chemistry
>STILL NOT FUCKING MEH TIER

It triggers me to no end as an actual chemist that people are still pretending Chemistry is some awesome field with great pay and easy promotions.
>>
>Computer engineering
>Best tier
lmao okay
>>
>>34389421
I'm going for comp sci but focusing in security and plan to be a malware analysis. Will probably be able to transfer over to forensics or even any C/C++ position if needed.
>>
>>34389421
>Math
>God Tier
>kek
>>
>>34391379
I graduated botany, it's fucking sick, starting salary like $120+ with any job you want in any city you want
>>
>Computer Engineering

Don't know why we are above CS. I mean the extra Electrical classes might be a bonus but most of us end up doing the same shit. I guess we are better at embedded and low level stuff tho.
>>
>>34391647
Math grads usually have low unemployment and decent salaries. Why it's above Actuary I don't know.
>>
>>34391089
cus it's a meme
>>
>>34391394
>If you plan on studying an instrument
nah, If I was to do something music related, it'd probably be audio engineering. But ethnomusicology sounds interesting. I've been interested in traditional music since high school and I've done some hand drumming in ensembles

>>34391240
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing something like that. Good luck to you as well
>>
You guys are focusing too much on the major. What matters more is where you studied. This will determine which employers are recruiting at your school.

I would go as far as to say that a philosophy major from Yale has a much better chance at landing a coveted analyst position at Goldman Sachs than a finance major from a mediocre school.
>>
>>34391656
once you start working you'll figure there's no difference. In school you only study generic stuff and lots of technologies while in the field you learn and use one technology and you end up being really good at it
>>
>>34389421
>in Great Tier
>studying some classes in Petrol Engi.
It's not that great of a major
>>
>>34389421
What would paleontology go under? Geology?
>>
>>34389421
Where's that dentistry major at?
>>
File: 1485249433974.png (429KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1485249433974.png
429KB, 633x758px
I'm from Germany and i don't know if i'm studying computer engineering or somputer science because it's called different here or it isn't splitted up at all
It would be great to know the difference
I'm in my first year though and i like everything besides the math
>>
>>34392023
but computer science is basically a branch of math
>>
File: 1467692810959.jpg (132KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1467692810959.jpg
132KB, 1456x1108px
>>34389421

Anyone who isn't in CS is not a true robot.
>>
>>34392023
Computer engineering is a mix of Electrical Engineering such as circuits and digital logic, and CS with programming and algorithms. CS is mostly the scientific part of programming, why certain things are faster than others and creating effienct algorithms and what not. If you don't have a circuits or EE class its probably CS
>>
File: image.png (171KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 500x372px
>be me
>study composition and piano performance in the best conservatory in my country
>win a few national contests, have some compositions getting played in national conservatories
>currently asking 150$/hour to give lessons to rich kids who want to become concertists and composers
>tfw give 8 lessons everyday and I still have to turn off many potential students
>tfw at this point I know I could double the fee and I still would have students

Music major should be unbelievable tier, but onky if you're an actual genius.
>>
>>34389421

Where's English Literature, aka The Major or Gods and Kings, in this filthy list?
>>
>>34389421
Info Tech would be the closest to what I studied.
>>
>>34392111
Holy shit anon, is their anyway you can post proof of this. Not that I think your lying just that I can't even comprehend 150/hour for like 8 hours a day
>>
>>34392023
In Germany computer science is called Informatik.
>>
I only go to college to keep leaching of my parents. Do you people actually enjoy studying and learning? I could not imagine having such an interest in a subject where you would pay an absurd amount of money just to be a wageslave in that field.
>>
>>34389421
Is electrical engineering actually better than mechanical engineering? At the school I want to go to its harder to get into mechanical but I want to go into electrical anyways
>>
File: 1471174456116.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471174456116.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>34392050
Yeah, in every course we learn some math but i mean the pure math stuff like analysis or linear algebra
I love the boolean algebra and logic gates though

>>34392099
Thanks, yes i do have courses on integrated circuits, transistors and logic gates
In combination with my programming courses and normed modelling of systems i think i'm a Computer Engineer
>feels good man

>>34392168
Yeah, but how this anon >>34392099 said it's actually computer engineering because they teach us circuits and stuff
I don't know if it varies from university to university
>>
>>34392111
That's a pretty rare Shostakovich my dude.
>>
>>34389421
reminder that no matter how good grades or what "god tier" degree you get, if you have autism you better start figuring out how to get neetbux because you will end up unemployed, alone, and probably homeless
>>
>>34392219
What kind of circuits?
CS you learn some circuits but you don't go lower than knowing p-type n-type transistors.
>>
>>34389421
Communications Sciences and Disorders; the undergrad degree for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
It's not listed but it's probably solid Great IMO.
Easy job, great market outlook, respectable pay, very little stress.
>>
File: 1478290205629.jpg (2MB, 1900x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1478290205629.jpg
2MB, 1900x1796px
>>34389421
thinking of doing biophysics guys

should I go for it?
>>
>>34392255
>What kind of circuits?
Integrated circuits and logic gates like pic related
We also don't get lower than p-type and n-type transistors
But it's still the first semester
I just looked into my schedule for the whole degree and there is a course called electronical basics of (insert german word for CS / CE here (Informatik))
So i think it can be compared to computer engineering and not just computer science
>>
>>34391522
There's never one boring day in hospitality, they say.
I'm a concierge, I work in an hotel, and I can tell you you can achieve getting my position of you want to, I do mostly nothing 50% of the time.
If you just don't like that hotel, after 2 years, apply somewhere else.
You can do it bruh.
>>
>>34392461
CE goes lower than that.
>>
>>34389421

Dropped out of college twice.

Someone please kill me.
>>
File: 1469987372094.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469987372094.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>34392111
>tfw not a musical genius
>tfw started playing the piano at age 18
>>
File: 1485278989790.png (178KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
1485278989790.png
178KB, 385x385px
>>34392510
As i said
I'm just in my first semester, basically a freshman, so i will get these courses that go deeper than n- and p-mos transistors in my higher semesters
>>
File: 1483385834880.png (19KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1483385834880.png
19KB, 499x499px
>>34389421
27 year old robot here, going to start with my philosophy degree this year

I have never been employed and have never finished a degree before, so i don't give a fuck anymore and decided to go study something that actually seems interesting

Luckily i live in a first world country so i won't have millions of dollars in debt once i get out
>>
>>34392111
>Music major should be unbelievable tier, but onky if you're an actual genius.
All majors are good if you're a genius. well, maybe not women's studies
>>
>>34392596
Shut up you stupid nazii.
>>
File: 1454159835848.png (72KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454159835848.png
72KB, 1600x1600px
I studied dendrology at the University of Circle ( http://circleboard.org/int/ ). I recommend it.
>>
Where does Law Enforcement stand?
>>
>>34392624
What the fuck is your problem anon?
And why are you trying to degrade my degree to computer science so hard?
>>
File: 1484781272873.gif (178KB, 212x327px) Image search: [Google]
1484781272873.gif
178KB, 212x327px
>computer engineer over computer science
>>
>>34392705
"b-b..but it has the word 'engineer' in it.. so it's for smart p-people.. r-right?"
>>
>>34392700
Your degree is shit lol.
Dumb kraut.
>>
File: 1473889565057.png (66KB, 431x282px) Image search: [Google]
1473889565057.png
66KB, 431x282px
Looks like I'm god tier (mech.)
>>
Went to law school after getting a liberal arts degree and realizing it was 100% worthless
>>
>>34389421
Just got into medicine

would rather do something mathsey but my parents won't let me
>>
File: duck-475789_960_720.jpg (331KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
duck-475789_960_720.jpg
331KB, 960x720px
>>34392733
>engineers
>smart
>>
>>34392739
That's where you are wrong
Computer engineers and scientists are highly needed in the industry and the entry salaries in Germany do start at minimal 70.000 euros
Stop whining because you spend so much time into your degree just to look for a wagecuck job after college to pay your loans, americuck
I pay ~800 euros a year for studying and the government pays the half
>>
Art
if it doesn't work out I'm learning a trade
>>
>>34392872
You should probably start now.
>>
wait so game design is god teir, muh what?
>>
>>34392928
should be in suicide tier with all that stress
>>
>>34392872
what kind of art

spoiler
>>
>>34393009
well considering I'm only on my first year at uni and I've already tried jumping from the 13th floor of my student accomadation I'm inclined to agree
>>
>>34391522
>throw mops at me and shout at me in Romanian or Polish

Why didn't you fucking quit holy shit

At that point it's like they were gonna find some sorry excuse to can you.
>>
Criminal Justice here boys, can't wait until I can start kicking in doors and wasting you NEET queers. Gonna join Air Force OSI and began operating on them rag heads.
>>
>>34393154
You need a lot of passion to succeed in that field

I had a friend who committed suicide after he started to crunch a lot in games he did not like working on.

his dream was to go indie but lacked the funding

please do not be another sequel
>>
>>34392854
Are there jobs for for American expatriate computer engineers/scientists?
>>
For an anon going off to college who wants to make bank, should I go into electrical engineering or is the pay not all its bragged up to be. Also I heard its the toughest engineering degree to pursue.
>>
>>34393203
nah sadly I don't have the balls to fucking do it but I'm gonna fail this year and maybe go into something less attached to games so I can enjoy them as a hobby rather than turn it into work and just make life miserable, really wanted it to work out and be a story designer but its a tough field and alot of work.
>>
>>34389421
Electrical Engineering, graduated last year. But I'm a neet and I can't find a job. Got a few interviews, but no offers.

Did I get memed?
>>
>>34392854
>b-but you should have to suffer and work hard and pay for your degree

Can't wait till the better educated europeans team up and end this meme in America with their laser weapons and endless renewable energy
>>
File: OniiChan.jpg (95KB, 815x980px) Image search: [Google]
OniiChan.jpg
95KB, 815x980px
>>34389421
Theology.

I wanna be a priest so I feel this would help me.
>>
>>34392214
The reason mech is harder to get into is likely due to the amount of seats/demand. Civil was one of the hardest majors to get into at my school because they only accepted something like 50 students from first year but no one would consider it that difficult of a discipline in comparison to other engi majors.
>>
File: Harry Potter.jpg (78KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter.jpg
78KB, 500x531px
>>34392111

Is that harry potter?

origg
>>
>>34393230
For an elec engineer, you make a starting of ~55-60k and then upwards of ~150k after you get some experience under your belt.

Honestly if you want to make bank in engineering, you'll want to move up to managerial and executive positions. Generally speaking, if you work your ass off in the beginning, go above and beyond expectations and deliver results, the higher ups will see this and will move you up. Also helps to be buddy buddies with the higher ups too. At least, this is what my uncle has told me (he's some higher up engineer at an ic development company)
>>
>>34389421
Comp sci, spanish minor
>>
File: IMG_4630.jpg (24KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.jpg
24KB, 255x204px
Is great tier Networking Computer Networking? If so then I'm right up there. Otherwise probably IT. In my last semester, but then Networking grad school. Feels good.
>>
>>34393581
Harry Potter wishes he could be Shosty
>>
>>34393655
What STEM field would you say pays the most and will be needed say, 5 years from now?
>>
>>34393713
>Is great tier Networking Computer Networking? If so then I'm right up there. Otherwise probably IT. In my last semester, but then Networking grad school. Feels good

Mate IT is basically a computer janitor, Networking grad with an IT undergrad just means you get to clean the fancy glass chandelier rather than the toilet. Please tell me you didn't think IT would make you CS or CPE money.
>>
>>34393394
>a future priest
>on r9k
this can only end poorly
>>
>>34393759
CS/CPE, EE will always be needed both pay 100-150k+ after 7-8 years or less. Cybersecurity will be one of the most important things in the next 5 years so specializing in that will help
>>
>>34389421
meh tier, i have multimedia degree from community college. i just wanted to learn photoshop with a degree.
>>
>>34390845

The use of 'meme' as an adjective along with the appearance of the word 'cuck' has absolutely ruined this site.

My CS internship pays $25/hour btw.
>>
>>34390012
artists can make art
historians can't make history
>>
>>34391652
alright i am going for botany thanks anon you helped me.
>>
>>34393830
CPE is Computer Engineering right? Also, there are so many people falling for the CS meme in college currently, won't this put me at a disadvantage since they'll graduate before me and take all the flashy jobs?
>>
>>34389421
>get degree in computer engy
>nobody wants me
>all beginner openings are code monkeys and IT
>even after getting a semi-related job they dont even trust me to wire power cables
>>
>>34393941
>won't this put me at a disadvantage since they'll graduate before me and take all the flashy jobs

Mate CS and Comp Eng is growing like crazy for every job that is taken 2 more open up/ are created out of neccesity. They will take those jobs and then 500 new ones will pop up. I honestly don't know how but my city hs close to 30 or 40 new job posts a day.
>>
>>34393986
Between CS and Computer Engineering if you had to choose to major in one, which would you choose?
>>
>>34389817
Hope you're good at math.
>>34391420
Why do you regret it?
>>
File: furburt.png (231KB, 572x380px) Image search: [Google]
furburt.png
231KB, 572x380px
>>34393788
I don't expect to be a hero or rich, but with my undergrad degree I have been getting 70K~ offers for when I graduate. I really don't think for a starting salary that is bad at all. I also stated I'm going to grad school. That will only make my starting salary improve. I'm not stupid enough to fall for the "math/CS degree, 200K starting salary" meme.
>>
File: 1366660818421.jpg (35KB, 300x313px) Image search: [Google]
1366660818421.jpg
35KB, 300x313px
>TFW you do five years in the military get out and now make six figures thanks to the skills you learn.
Military ain't all that bad if you work in an intelligence/communication/ or logistics field
>>
File: 1480567751374s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480567751374s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>34389421
shit tier history degree

one more term left and i can claim bragging rights over NOTHING

>i hate myself
>>
>>34394032
I'm currently doing CPE because I enjoy embedded programming and low level languages. The programming you learn in school doesn't matter because odds are you will end up working in some software dev job with a language you've never heard of. They will teach you the basics though. They are both the same except one will teach you more about computer hardware. I would say CPE just because it qualifies you more for embedded programming, but you may have to learn some of the higher level languages and stuff like SQL that companies use on your own.
>>
>>34389421
Law Enforcement should be meh tier
>>
Is pharmacy worth it? I think it seems interesting enough and the pay is good. Is it just understanding different drugs and dosages?
>>
>>34394032
You should take maths and then switch to CE as a masters.

Legit.
>>
File: 1458086824650.jpg (57KB, 345x336px) Image search: [Google]
1458086824650.jpg
57KB, 345x336px
>>34393175
>Thinking the Chair Force operates on anything
Nigga if you were really about kicking in doors and wasting ragheads then go SEAL or Force Recon hell even the CIA or FBI
t. Ex-Militaryfag who worked with these groups and done secret missions for Obama
>>
>>34389421
>employment, usefulness to market, salary and environment

Tell me why I should care about these factors? I'm studying History because I enjoy it.
>>
I did Computing Science.

Now I'm doing a Master's in Creative Writing. The plan is copywriting.
>>
>>34394202
>t. Ex-Militaryfag who worked with these groups and done secret missions for Obama

You do know what board your on and why nobody believes you you fucking faggot
>>
>>34394120
Thanks bro, I enjoy the more practical aspects of STEM so I'll look more into this field. Would you say the top tech companies (google, facebook, microsoft, etc) hire a lot of people who study CPE? Will CPE hires usually make more than their CS counterparts? Also how are you liking your courses so far?
>>
>>34389421
Where does game design fall
>>
>>34393870
>implying art majors don't just become starving artists and/or live off welfare
>>
>>34394232
The big 4 usually only hire the cream of the crop (we're talking 3 or 4 phone interviews, multiple technical interviews to weed people out). Plus geography is a big thing too. Even still Government (most likely where I will work DOD is huge here), Aerospace, Automotive, Start-ups, and Corporate bullshit will hire just about anyone with a CS or CE degree if there is a spot. Your looking at 60-70k start in these types of jobs (with massive benefits included) but that should jump up quickly (I have family friends in the same field). CPE makes about the same as CS unless you get put on a special circuit design or embedded job. Though some employers value the extra hardware experience of CPE more. So far I haven't had too much trouble. It's a lot more math and writing than you think though so be prepared.
>>
File: 1369586178231.jpg (58KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
1369586178231.jpg
58KB, 354x367px
>>34394229
Yes, I do know where I'm at. I've been here since 2009 and joined the Military in 2011 all the while browsing this god forsaken board during my (little) free time. The "You're here forever" rule applies to everyone myself include. This board is filled with people from all walks of life and there's plenty of militaryfags here. Don't be stupid kid.
>>
>>34394371
The big 4 only hire students with near perfect GPA's? Or are these students doing revolutionary shit in their garages?

I live near some Big 4 headquarters and I'll probably be going to college in either Massachusetts or California.
Maybe affirmative action can help a nigga out?
>>
>>34394663
>Near perfect GPA
>Super active githubs with lots of interesting personal projects
>The people that winning hackathons and other competitions consistently

So yeah both. You might get one but unless you work your ass off outside class and make interesting things yourself I doubt it. The top 1% of 1% work at google.
>>
>>34394400
Dubs for trooth

>>34394229
Then go over to /meg/ on /k/
>>
>>34394726
Shit anon the world is getting much more competitive, I really appreciate the help though!
>>
File: 1470879667089.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1470879667089.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
>>34389871
What uni?
How much do you need to study?
Have you had opportunities to intern at labs?
Sorry I'm just really interested in microbiology, thinking virology as a master's.
>>
>>34394844
Don't think of it like that anon. There is no need to work at Google. Don't force yourself to fit some arbitrary goal like "im gonna work at google". That kind of goal doesn't make much sense. Do what you like and try your best that's all you can really do. The "top 1%" who get to work at google, work at google cause they are passionate at what they do.

t. google intern
>>
>>34394371
>The big 4 usually only hire the cream of the crop
A family friend just got a CS degree from a mid-tier college and she's getting hired by Google for soft dev. She's a below sub-par coder with no relevant experience. They're only hiring her because she's a woman.
>>
Doing computer science for my bachelors, considering a masters in bioinformatics
>>
>>34394898
Oh shit you're a google intern? I had the oppurtunity to sitdown and talk with some google employees this summer and many were former interns, I hope you get in anon, keep up the grind.

But honestly once someone has "made it" they say that motivational stuff when in reality, they wouldn't be who they are today without that oppurtunity.
>>
File: CT2nDXzUsAAUicc.jpg (52KB, 600x591px) Image search: [Google]
CT2nDXzUsAAUicc.jpg
52KB, 600x591px
>>34389421

Mfw part time minimum wage job + Uber driver + small automated business (35 hours of work each week) = $250,000 house and luxury car
>>
>>34395016
Sounds like you might as well just drop the first two.
>>
>>34389421
>military
>suicide tier
tf you talking about
I'm an O4 and, including compensations, making three digits.
not even including money saved from benefits.
>>
>>34389421
tired of this shit /g/ lists

>Ascended tier
>Data science
>>
I'm doing a Bachelor's in both astronomy and physics. Where does that put me?
>>
>>34389483
why aren't you doing something interesting with your money instead of wasting time on 4chins
>not funding a drug addiction while rich
>>
>>34391303
When you transfer to a university from a cc you enter halfway through your undergrad. There it's still plenty of time for networking and working with professors. I transferred from a cc to Berkeley and got my masters in architecture.
>>34390889
Architecture is in meh tier too
>>
What a joke chart. Code monkeys are in the so called "God tier". My fucking sides
>>
>>34395016
I noticed none of those jobs require math, so I'm guessing you probably thought $25,000 was $250,000
>>
>>34395133
Will drop at least Uber driving if everything keeps going well. It makes more money than normal job but working as a pizza baker is safer than driving people around. I don't like driving cause (((death/danger))) so I prefer my minimum wage job.
>>
>>34395527

>none
FIFY
>all
>>
>>34394163

but in law enforcement you get to shoot minorities.

>>34395154
>making three digits
so like $900/month?
>>
File: 1485240457377.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1485240457377.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>34396025
>but in law enforcement you get to shoot minorities.

truly the golden standard of a true profession

mine allows me to repress them and deprive them of basic human standards
>>
>>34396181

sounds like your job is great!

What do you do? are you the person that decides if they get welfare or not?
>>
>>34395423
as someone who works in tech, I've noticed a lot of people don't understand the technology tiers, sounds like you are one of those people.

computer engineering is electrical engineering + programming, and unbelievable tier in the chart - pretty accurate, these guys bank, don't take shit from anybody.

computer programming (back end) is software development, like the core stuff that you need to use a computer effectively. god tier on the chart - pretty accurate in terms of the market, but at high risk of saturation and H1-B panjeets.

web dev / app dev (front end) - not on the chart but I would put this at good tier in terms of the market. these guys aren't popular with their tech peers - they are necessary but that doesn't mean you have to like them.

info tech (IT) - good tier on the chart - absolutely wrong. this is help desk / support. they reset passwords and search google or provided documentation if they are lucky. this is what the late night infomercials ask you to go to school for. shit tier normally, meh tier at best.
>>
>>34395154
>a fucking O4
>here
Don't you have a family or other big responsibilities to take care if right now?
>>
>>34389459
what do you do now? i hope you something worthwhile.
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (27KB, 181x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
27KB, 181x280px
Artsy faggot here. Why couldn't I just be good at useful stuff?
>>
I'm in communications right now. Mostly because I want to do something writing- the only thing I'm REALLY good at.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish my book too and get that shit published.
>>
>>34390200
hire me bls
>>
>>34389421
Accounting. I figure it's a decent catch all degree for general business. Everyone needs someone to do the books right
>>
>>34389421
Mining engineering's not on here. Must be legendary tier.
>>
File: IMG_0342.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.png
814KB, 604x717px
>>34396258
>marines
>big responsibilities
>>
Which does botany fall into, bio ecology or forestry?
>>
I know History is shit tier but it's the only subject that I'm decent at and don't hate. I just wish we were still allowed to just study the great men of history. There's so much fucking focus on women and poor people nowadays.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>34396216
I sit in a state office and go over if they qualify for certain goodies and with the new regulations in my country.
I can actively deny most these subhumans the rights of having a job or even being in society by sending them to little islands where they can rot until their integration time runs out.
>>
>>34395154

>a fucking major

What the fuck man. I don't believe you, post pictures of cammies with rank. I can see enlisted being here, I'm here after all, but no way an officer would be here.
>>
>>34390051
It's the same in America. Engineers just need to vocally announce how useful they are, because unlike people in humanities who know that their being unsuccessful is nearly guaranteed, engineers don't understand their degree is nearly as worthless.
>>
>>34396742
>Discounting 99.9% of all humans in a subject about the history of the humans
This isn't the 19th century anymore anon, if you were actually good at history you wouldn't make such an idiotic statement like your did. I bet you love military history right?
>>
>>34389940
That's because you're a robot.

Normal people can succeed in any field, the important part is who you know, not what you do.
>>
>>34394850
>What uni?
OU
>How much do you need to study?
Right now, hardly any, but I can only imagine it'll ramp up to no less than 25 hours a week.
>Have you had opportunities to intern at labs?
No, but I took medical microbiology during my senior year of high school and loved working in the lab.
Really wish I would have gone to a college that offers an actual medical microbiology and immunology major, but there aren't any near Texas.
>>
Studying Communications.

IDGAF if its shit tier because I'm on a scholarship so not going into debt, and I recognize College is all about experience and making connections than it is a meme degree.
>>
>>34389421
>economics

Doesn't change the fact I'm a waste of air
>>
>>34396889
Because that 99.9% figure is accurate right? And assuming it is, its not like the contributions to history of that .1% is disproportionately higher than that if the "99.9%"
>>
>>34392165
Honestly no, I don't really want to associate my name with /r9k/.
That said winning renown composition and piano competitions in your country will do that for you. As long as you can mantain a certain fame in academia you're set.

>>34392568
Age doesn't really matter when it comes to composition but I won't lie to you, talent is key.
Teaching kinda taught me that. There are students that may become master counterpointists and master every style, but the spark is just not there.

Sit in front of a piano, learn what keys correspond to a few scales and start improvising. This is actually a good way to tell how musical you are, and to what extent.
If you can costantly come out with new ideas, mantain a coherent harmony while being able to intuitively modulate and place dissonances then you should start studying composition.
About piano: you may never be good as Arturo Michelangeli, but you're still in time to become a legit piano virtuoso.
I sometimes tutor classes in local conservatories, and I never fail to find people in their 30s, 40s and 50s who managed to become extremely proficient.
I won't lie to you, they all had the chance of devoting their entire free time to piano practice, and they all had the money for teachers wich is usually a few hundred bucks per month, if you take lessons daily (you should).
If you're a NEET and you can pay a teacher and muster the willpower needed to sit in front of a piano 8 hours everyday for a decade you can make it.
Also it may be obvious but ypu have to be completely obsessed over the music you're playing. Not being able to appreciate the great composers of our repertoire is a major handicap, and shouldn't be underestimated.
>>
>art
Just kill me now, familia
>>
File: IMG_7150.jpg (171KB, 750x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7150.jpg
171KB, 750x1160px
>>34396757
not him but check pic related, it was posted a few weeks ago. not sure if it's the same guy.
>>
File: Capture.png (59KB, 1166x914px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
59KB, 1166x914px
>>34389453

show me a snippet
>>
>>34397013
Yes because most if the time that .1% is just a figure head for a moment or change much larger than their own and it's insulting to the people who set the wheels in motion to be cast aside and ignored. There's a reason no reputable historian still believes the great man theory and you wouldn't either if you actually read a history book instead of sprouting shitty memes you read on /his/
>>
If you are smart and want money just do medicine. Ill be doing 4 years of residency where i get paid 50k a year and when i become an attending physican the salary sky rockets to minimum 200k.
>>
>>34397325
What if the insides of humans disgusts you?
>>
>>34397309
Ahh so you're saying affluent, powerful males have not been the primary driving force in historical events. I guess there can't be any sexism or class oppression either then.
>>
>>34397347
Those affluent powerful males are worthless without the millions of men and women around them. And even then, with the great man theory, they only discuss the 1% of powerful affluent males that happen to be at the right place at the right time. What about the military geniuses that Napoleon surrounded himself with, and the people that held his empire together while he went and played war games? The men that made up Alexander's army(that he inherited), that made these conquests happen? Or the women that kept the army well fed and supplied? History is made up of so many forces that I can't understand how anyone could seriously believe in the great man theory
>>
>>34397346

The tolerance to gore is different across most med students. Some of them can look ar amputations and be fine, others get upset at papercuts.

That said, that's completely irrelevant. No matter how tough you think you are in your uni years they will show you the most fucked up images in existence. They've workes it up to an art: it will be traumatic for everyone, but almost everyone at some point will get over it.

You shouldn't be concerned with your tolerance with gore, they will enhance it forcefully fucking up forever with your mental images.
>>
NEET here

Uni is becoming free here next year

dubs decides what major I take
>>
>>34397456
I dont know anon. Ive always wanted to get into the medical field but even a little blood makes me queasy. I raced motorcycles and don't even think about it, but something about gore terrifies me
>>
>>34397487
Women's studies.

Gipsy studies if you're European.
>>
>>34397452
>What about the military geniuses that Napoleon surrounded himself with

What about them, are they not powerful men?

>I can't understand how anyone could seriously believe in the great man theory

Who said anything about the great man theory?
>>
Public Admin, so I guess I am meh tier, but honestly the jobs you get are decent and not too demanding with a 50k a year starting, its no degree to be proud of, but it is perfect for a cyborg
>>
>>34394726
You don't need all that to get a job there.
>>
>mech engy great tier with shit like economics
the fuck? also electrical engy isn't amazing.

t. computer engineer + finance dual major.
>>
>>34397512
As I've said they worked it out. It doesn't matter if you have no tolerance to gore currently. Even if you had it that would have been just a fraction to a tolerance that you have to develop in your uni years.
If you really want to do it you can. I assure you that in a couple of years you will be able to endure the most horrofying infections without flinching. It works on basically everyone, and you can usually benefit from uni therapists, who will follow how you're dealing with it in the case there's some sort of phobia.
>>
>>34397522
You're entire argument is the great man theory, what do you mean "what about it?"
>>
>>34394898
How does it feel to know that you work at the same company joot does?
>>
File: 1481739013775.jpg (15KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481739013775.jpg
15KB, 270x270px
>>34397487
Geophysics
>>
>>34397588
What argument? You're responding to a guy who said he's less interested in learning about how the poor folk tilled farms and women held down the homestead than about political and military figures, philosophers and inventors, etc, of note. You're arguing they made up 99.9% of history, I'm saying thats not the case, unless you consider that time Sven the peasant had an extra bountiful harvest history.
>>
>>34389483
What the fuck do you do though goyim.
>>
Intended Film Studies and English major

Listen, I know Film is shit tier, but English too? That's pretty biased. English is extremely versatile.
>>
>>34389421
Psychology because when I was younger I made really good friends with all of therapists (both inside and outside of school)
>>
>>34389421
Just plain old English with a minor in Political Science.
Both, according to this chart, are shit tier but I'd personally rather do something I enjoy than something that requires a shit ton of math where I make a lot of money.
>>
>>34391121
I got good grades in highschool and here I am 5 years later with 18 months left on my law degree. Still not sure how I feel about this
>>
About to drop out of the same IT diploma for the fourth time.
>>
These charts are NEVER accurate. There's so many variations that are created to fit the fantasy of some engineering faggot, all of them at odds with each other.
>>
>>34397325
That's what I plan on doing eventually senpai. I'm starting as a Bio major in the fall at a top 100 school. I got a decent scholarship also. Do you have any advice?
>>
>>34390750
UMT?
>>
>>34397021
This all made me feel better

I did well in the theory classes that I took at my old college before I transferred and I can improvise somewhat on a piano, I think my technical limits are what's holding me back, I definitely need a teacher. Also, I've written popular music for a few years, since high school, but the idea of composing art music has become more interesting the more I listened to it and learned theory
>>
>>34397917
My advice is nothing out of the ordinary:
>do well on the pre-med required courses
>do well on the mcat
>try to do extracurriculars and shadow physicans
Good luck anon.
>>
>>34397942
GT
Originaru postu
>>
>>34396181
>>34396216

haha in mine we get to deprive thousands of white people of jobs as we give them to Pajeets. lmao
>>
>>34397942
>UMT?
>>34398072
>GT
What do this mean?
>>
>>34398148
I'm not sure which umt he was referring to (university of montana?) but gt is georgia tech
>>
>>34398219
Oh, I went there. Neat.
>>
>>34389421
I hear computer information system is one of the better business degrees, but compared to everything else it's okay. Am I wrong or right?
>>
>>34389421
>suicide tier
>foreign languages

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH TRANSLATORS MAKE? JESUS CHRIST OP GET WITH THE PROGRAM
>>
>>34393864
Dylan ???
memes
>>
>>34389421
Military is good imo. Military studies, if that's an actual degree, is somewhat useless.
>>
File: 1481603003352.jpg (379KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1481603003352.jpg
379KB, 900x1350px
>>34389421
B.S. Math. Loving being an actuary, lads.
>>
>>34389421
Aerospace Engineer, guess I won.

>if you call getting fucked in the ass by my classes everyday winning
>>
>>34399081
>actuary
>math
Pick one. If it doesn't have category theory or explicit geometry in it then it's not real math.
>>
double majoring in economics and statistics with a minor in japanese, praying that i land a nice job once i graduate
>>
>>34397705
Say that to my coworker who I serve tables with who was an English major kek

Then again another one of them was chem so there you go
>>
File: 1478982510743.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1478982510743.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>>34399158
I did Cat theory, but most of my actual theoretical work is in polytopes. At any rate, you seem to be confusing what I studied and what my current job is. I studied actual math (mainly polytopes, some complex analysis / probability theory) and my current job is doing pleb work for bucks. Just because actuary work isn't exactly rigorous math work doesn't mean I haven't studied math man.
>>
>>34389421
>political science
>shit tier

I made 70 grand first job with that degree
>>
>>34399248
How many exams have you passed?

Over here you need 3-4 minimum to get interviews for entry level positions. They also prefer act sci grads over math grads.
>>
I read great tier but I still feel unsure about what I can do with a biology degree.
What do y'all think?
>>
>>34399509
It's useless if you don't get into medical, vet, or dental school. Go on indeed and check how many positions are looking for undergraduate biology degree holders.
>>
Okay but what if I work in film but don't have a film degree
>>
>>34398219
University of Montana is correct
>>
File: 5jlvzwoh92rx.jpg (93KB, 960x908px) Image search: [Google]
5jlvzwoh92rx.jpg
93KB, 960x908px
3rd year aerospace engineering. It's 1:30 in the morning right nnow and i'm doing homework kill me i'm just on /r9k/ to procrastinate
>>
>>34399343
Silly anon. Don't you know that if your degree doesn't earn you 300k starting, it's worthless?
>>
>>34399154
>>34390048
I'm aero 2! 4th year xD
It's all basically just
>muh coefficients
>muh reynold's
>muh Bernoulli's
I'm in an engine propulsion class right now though and it's preeeety dank desu. Teacher is hardcore nigga but it's cool
>>
>tfw finance major
>have to take business calculus 3 times before passing it

Really wishing I hadn't dicked around so much the first two years.
>>
File: mfw.png (189KB, 396x430px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
189KB, 396x430px
>tfw used Harvard wifi once
>tried to post
>banned for cp
Which one of you niggers was it?
>>
>>34399248

cute as fuck! source for more of her?
>>
what do you do with an astronomy degree?
>>
>>34399839
>xD
come on man
>>
>>34399839
Hahaha yeah, I took my first actual aerospace course last semester and that was basically it. I actually really enjoyed it and did well. What fucks me is the materials engineering mixed with the physics. My mechanics of materials class is actually fucking me. But once I get past all this shitty stuff I can't wait to do more aero.
>>
>>34389421
neet degree, 1200 (britbong) a month and a flat paid for
>>
File: 1480438708436.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1480438708436.gif
650KB, 647x363px
Starting on Medicine tomorrow
each class gets a few tutors that will guide us through the first few weeks
They wrote a few pages intruducing the courses and themselves

>average height for tutors including female 178cm/5'10
>average sex partners for tutors are 4.5
fucking normiemajor
>>
File: 1472835572658.gif (1MB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1472835572658.gif
1MB, 500x558px
Hopefully starting comp sci soon lads
>>
Is foreing languages really that bad?
>>
Education preschool through high school should be Great Tier, not because of pay and how good/shit the workload is, but because of what it influences you to do.

Whatever you learn in school, shows you your dislikes and likes. People enjoy history, the arts, mechanics, hell even sports.

I enjoy music to the max, I have dabbled with instruments of all sorts. Im joining the military, but boy do I love musical instruments and just playing them and having fun.

It's all about how you guys think about things.
>>
File: 1471820686840.jpg (52KB, 552x472px) Image search: [Google]
1471820686840.jpg
52KB, 552x472px
>first class chem degree
>night shift shelf stacker at sainsburys

this is some bullshit post.
>>
File: 1482662929953.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1482662929953.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>34389421
>Good Tier
>College Education
Is this referring to American liberal arts colleges or being a professor?
>>
>>34393227
Yes, i think so
Oreganolo
>>
>FILM

because I like video editing.
>>
Environmental Science, and Philosophy. Thinking of changing Env Sci to Biology, or just straight up adding Biology.
>>
>>34399597
Anything with the USDA, FDA, NPS, NFS, USFWD, etc??? Biology is in high demand homie.
>>
>>34389421
Meh teir
Social work
Get to help normies that are worse off than me.
>>
Same bro, if you dont manage to get the 1 or 2 internships going at the time in uni, how the fuck do you get a graduate position? Its been a year since i graduated with EEE degree.
>>
is psych really that bad? how the hell is art above it?
>>
>>34401932
Meant for >>34393296

derpepdd
>>
File: 1478764117007-r9k.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1478764117007-r9k.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>tfw took up applied math
>turned out to be too much of a brainlet to handle it
>>
Fell for the culinary meme ... shouldnt even bother job sucks dick , degree gives me jack

When i work i feel like dying when i dont i feel like a worthless scum
>>
chemistry lad. I'm actually worried about employment though what are the best places to work with chem?
>>
I'm scared because all the fields seem to be full of people. Everyday i hear about unemployment and people with huge degrees having an unrelated to their degree shit job i get even more hesitant.
What advice can you give to an 18 year old hesitant , avoidant , pretty ugly dude?
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.