[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TFW: You fell for the Sober Meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

Who here /self-medicates/ because it makes life bearable?

>Ex H user
>Crippling anxiety/unstable mood among strangely turning into social autist leads to use
>Makes life way better until it doesn't
>Fell for the drugmeme.jpeg
>Then fell for the sobermeme
>Can't tell if I have mental illness or meme illness

>Going to get back on drugs to function

Who here /memeretarded/?
>>
anon i keep telling people here about this in this day and age

everything

yes everything is a

M E M E

remember that
>>
whats so good about heroin that you would risk killing yourself
>>
>>34383356
I don't think heroin is a "functioning" drug, unless you're an artist with dadbux. I prefer cigarettes, coffee, and then vodka.
>>
>>34383375
Exactly, I think its mental illness

I just couldnt stop dude, at all it really is that good but certainly not worth all the trouble it causes
>>
>>34383409
nah man i meant get on meme drugs like xanax and amphetamines and in general crazy pills cuz I was fucked before the drugs even more fucked afterwards
>>
>>34383375
Well I personally can't tell about heroin but if its anything similar to other opiates, then it makes you feel like your mind is covered in warm cozy blanket sudenly you can think in normal speed, not in 10 layers of thought screamibg shit and you're just generally chill and have energy to interract with people without that constant terror and terrible depression which is telling you talking to anyone is pointless like anything else. This is opiates effect on me .Don't know for others though
>>
>>34383449
yeah but I cant tell if i actually need to be on meds or not..

kicked my methadone 4 months ago I cant function for shit

Dont want to be a drug addict again but need thr drugs so I can think

>Simultaneously fell for two memes without knowing
>>
>>34383449
>not in 10 layers of thought screamibg shit

I don't do drugs but this explains my misery pretty accurately. The constant stream of thoughts going at lightning speed and analyzing every single one of them, where they stem from, why they are happening, what they are about if other people think the same way, and what I should do about them is agony.

Unfortunately having my thoughts slowed down by drugs makes me feel like I'm being smothered or claustrophobic.
>>
>>34383591
They are legal and less dangerous ways to solve this kind of things though. It took a bit searching but in the end trazodon helped a lot. Many people with this issue also say aderall made that for them. Some also use kratom.
>>
File: tumblr_lrj79t2NXC1r2g7mto1_1280.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrj79t2NXC1r2g7mto1_1280.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
Alcoholic who needs to drink to function, I try and only limit it to days I'm being social. I can barely speak without being racked by anxiety, I can't make eye contact and constantly tense and panic without it. I get drunk everyday before work, during lunch break I buy booze, and then don't drink at home after. Never get hangovers so don't really see any negatives affects. Everyone says I'm a better person drunk. If I have a job interview the only planning I really put into it is what booze to buy for the morning of the interview and how to hide the smell. Am I fucked
>>
>>34383636
I don't really see it as a problem fixed by drugs. It's a problem made of my own doing and lifestyle.
>>
>>34383639
Eventually yeah.. I mean you seem to be functioning enough.. fuck it.

Do you all just put up with the anxiety or do you actually try to do something about it?

I cany hide mine at all people notice right away and NO Im not falling for the exposure meme
>>
File: 1480371120649.jpg (260KB, 990x870px) Image search: [Google]
1480371120649.jpg
260KB, 990x870px
>>34383356
i pretty much need a hit of weed to get through the day now, i'm under a lot of stress and the weed makes it easier to deal with the stress in a somewhat calmer way

my friends have told me not to rely on it too much but they've probably fallen for the sober meme at this point
>>
Speed makes me happy but it also gives me diarrhea and I don't want to fuck up my neurochemistry either.
>>
>Quit Heroin
>Proceed to back to it.
I know the only (you)'s i'll get will be DUDE WEED LMAO but nigger just smoke weed. Makes you feel relaxed and not give two fucks and once tolerance kicks in you can spend an entire day stoned without anyone realising. If your a fat fuck it will help you lose weight and if your a social autist it will help you find a friend or two as weed makes it really easy to find an excuse to meet and talk with people. Also you'll be suprised how many people toke up and simply don't mention it to non stoners. I'm convinced that atleast 50% of the population has smoked weed more than once while 10-20% are regular users
>>
>>34383730
My nuerochem jimmies are beyond rustled dude..
I got off Methadone to not feel like such a savage pieve of human garbage only to find out I needed that shiz to function

Ive kicked H a bunch of times and always felt ok but i haveng been sober for 4 months in like 5 years

>WTF DO I DOOO SCOOB?
>>
>>34383745
Not back to H r-tard I mean mental health meds

JESUS WHAT IS THIS INTERVENTION?
>>
>>34383745
weed just makes my anxiety really bad and i have to use benzos to not be very uncomfortable if I want to smoke weed.
>>
>>34383688

No offense but I wonder if any of your friends who say that are on pharms?

Something like 20% or so of Americans take psychiatric drugs, literally none of which have a safety profile approaching that of cannabis.
>>
>>34383745
If your a fat fuck it will help you lose weight

how so? imo munchies make you even fatter senpai
>>
>>34383753

Not to go all Joe Rogan on you, but smoke DMT. Just doing it one time is enough to fill you with some kind of shamanic clarity. I don't even want to do speed anymore, sure if someone offers me a line I won't reject it since some of the best moments of my life has happened while on speed, but I'm not gonna walk around like some kind crack junkie actively trying to buy it from druggies. I know that's not really the case with H since the withdrawals are gruesome and enough to kill you, it will get you hooked easier too, but ya know just my advice.
>>
>>34383786

>weed just makes my anxiety really bad

I'd reckon you're smoking weed with a ratio of too much THC relative to the other cannabinoids.

If you were smoking a strain that was low THC and high CBD, I doubt you would experience any anxiety at all.
>>
>>34383356
I don't understand how people get addicted to opiates. It's such a fucking boring high. You get too fucked up at enjoyable doses to do anything but sit there in a daze. I've got a gram of nice H that's just been sitting in my dresser for a year because I haven't felt like doing it.

On the other hand, I'm currently revaping dark brown weed because I'm a fucking fiend for the weed. I thought I would take a break for a while so I didn't buy any more but I just can't stop myself. Not sure why weed is the only drug I get addicted to when it's the opposite for most people.
>>
>>34383803

On average marijuana smokers weigh less, and a lot of people stock up on low calorie snacks for the munchies, like mushrooms, celery, stuff like that.
>>
>>34383799
fucking weed i mean i guess it helps but honestly like does it really? Or are we all pretending it does?

>Tfw no good advice just DUDEWEEDLMAO, weed isnt honestly a good choice man at least not for my situation now..

no medical in MD dont live in DC.. This isnt like being overly anxious im fucking insanely paranoid and shit think ppl are watching me
>>
>>34383591
Man, I'm envious. There's just fucking nothing going on in my head all the time. It takes ages for me to hammer out a single thought, so long that I can't even converse like a normal person.
>>
>>34383818
You just suck

>Thanks for not answering my f-ing question
>>
>>34383806
I dont mind tripping man used to do it all the fucking time..

Does that even work
>>
>>34383356
joey get off my board reeeee
>>
>>34383853
I did answer your fucking question you nigger. I said I do drugs daily. Stop being a retard.
>>
>>34383871

People tend to overreact about it. It won't be a ''life changing experience, maaaan'' like those fucking hippies might lead you to believe. But it's something different to say the least. Shrooms don't even come close.
>>
>>34383639
Sounds like an old me. Been good liquor and drug free for 13 days now and managed to only fuck up on four seperate days. I know to others it must seem pathetic, but not drinking for 3 days straight is one of my biggest achievements in the last 2 years.
>>
>>34383895
NOT WEED

Do mental health meds actually w-work o-or is this just going to be another meme?

>My life is just me walking on eggshells to avoid memes
>>
>>34383803
Weed makes your metabolism speed up because you'll be eating shitton in one go and then not eating anything. One side effect is that if you smoke daily it becomes a chore to eat while not stoned or hungry but this is good for people who need to weigh less. Also you can eat tons of low calorie snacks which will taste amazing and not fuck you up.

I lost 10 kg over a year of daily smoking, i went from chubby to about 5kg away from skelly mode which is perfect.

>>34383799
>>34383786
Some people can't handle weed. I feel bad for them but you shouldn't smoke if you can't chill on it. Though i'd reccomend reading into sativa/indica differences as some people can't handle more potent strains. Myself i've only had two/three bad expieriences with weed but those lasted an hour max and i just smoked more afterwards and felt good.

>>34383762
Mental health pills aren't much better than Heroin. Brain zaps, physical addiction and the fact that they make you content with being a good goy isn't exactly a good thing. Honestly if your therapist gave you anti-depressants before suggesting CBT etc then find a new one as your current one just wants to fuck you over and milk you dry
>>
>>34383835

>fucking weed i mean i guess it helps but honestly like does it really? Or are we all pretending it does?

If someone is chronically angry or depressed, and they smoke marijuana and feel less angry and less depressed, then yes, it is helping their depression and anger. They might grow to rely on it, but that's exactly the same as with Prozac, or Adderall, or Zoloft, or Paxil, or Wellbutrin, the list goes on.

That doesn't necessarily mean it is doing them good overall, but it very likely is, because anger and depression can lead you down terrible paths in life and if weed is the thing that keeps them in check better than anything else the odds are that the weed is helping. It may be also have some side effects that are not so helpful, but that can be the case with any drug at all, even coffee or tea.

Now, if weed doesn't really help your anger or depression and you just like the buzz it gives, so you lie to yourself that it's helping those issues when it's not...then that's another matter.

Weed has been unfairly stigmatized. Compared to almost any other psychiatric/psychoactive drug, it is incredibly safe, has no demonstrated causal link to suicide or violent behavior, and if it weren't for prohibition and prohibition's lingering effects, it would be much cheaper than other meds too. And, the fact that there are so many different strains/phenotypes with different cannabinoid balances makes it very versatile. Some strains might work way better for certain conditions than other strains, and although cannabis science is in its infancy, doctors in the know actually are getting a good handle on what cannabinoids do what for most people. For example, extremely low THC/high CBD strains seem to exert an antipsychotic effect. This may end up being incredibly helpful for people dealing with delusions, paranoia, etc, without the extreme side effects commonly seen with conventional antipsychotics.

Keep in mind, all this still doesn't mean it's right for everyone.
>>
>>34383931
You really think thats their intention im not paying out of pocket lol im using medicaid

I got completely fucked by H I cant work because I cant focus and shit I cant stop the shame guilt other associated feelings LOST ALL CONTROL OF MY BRAIN need to start working if I really need the meds is it worth it developing or taking the risk of developing anotjer habit?
>>
>>34383952
Idk man how would even go about getting a fucking card I know the meds are dangerous but my hands are tied im asking basically if the risk is worth not having impaired functioning
>>
lmao I've suffered from anxiety, depression & avoidance issues for almost half my life and never once thought turning to smack was a good idea.

get wreckt you dumb fucking smackhead. enjoy suffering the rest of your short life :^)
>>
>>34383985
Who said it was a good idea?

>Shut up faggot
>>
>>34383931

>Though i'd reccomend reading into sativa/indica differences as some people can't handle more potent strains.

What I think matters more than sativa/indica is THC/CBD.

You can find varying CBD/THC ratios in both Indica and Sativa strains--for example, Charlotte's Web is a sativa. The common belief is that if you smoke a lot of sativa it will get you hyped up and maybe anxious. But for most people at least, that would not apply to Charlotte's Web. Its cannabinoid balance is something like roughly 98% CBD and the rest made up of other cannabinoids. (Note I'm giving the percentage estimates for the cananbinoids in the plant material--I'm not including the fiber etc. which makes up the bulk of the plant material, more so than the cannabinoids).

Indica/Sativa may have been a really useful distinction back in the day before we understood more about cannabinoid balances, but I'm thinking these days the importance of the indica/sativa distinction is going to become more important to cultivators than to consumers (because, irrespective of the cannabinoids, sativas tend to have a different growing pattern than indicas).
>>
>>34383981

>Idk man how would even go about getting a fucking card

Well, first you'd have to be in a MMJ state. Then you would have to talk to a doctor about it. It would probably be better to see a doctor who specializes in medical marijuana, because not all doctors understand it.

Odds are if you're honest about your symptoms, explain that cannabis helps but that you want more control over what kind of cannabis you're getting, and don't look like you're just trying to get the weed to catch a buzz or sell for money or something along those lines, he will give you the card.

>I know the meds are dangerous but my hands are tied im asking basically if the risk is worth not having impaired functioning

Well, the risks of many psychiatric drugs are very dire, and can include suicide, violent outbursts, digestive issues, pain, and long-term sexual dysfunction. That doesn't happen to everyone who takes them, by any means. But it happens to a non-insignificant number. Those are high stakes.
>>
>>34384039
Im from Denver dude I appreciate the info but I dont think I can get medical grade weed in MD and there is no way for me to really "use" it other than before I go to sleep all and all doesnt seem too great to be honest
>>
>>34383985
you are clearly not sad enough then anon
>>
File: 42.jpg (116KB, 1074x1074px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
116KB, 1074x1074px
Benzos make everything so much better
>>
>>34383999

Lmao how tf do you go from "i'm anxious around people to "I guess I'll become a smackhead" like how does that chain of events even happen.

You have to willingly go through with every action and could have stopped yourself at any time and just gotten drunk or something.
>>
>>34384186
Cant tell if thats Anne Frank or Che Guevara in the photo behind this...guy.
>>
>>34384186
Ye sure, when you're eating 300mg of valium and retardedly high doses of xanax, nibbling 15+mg at once because your tolerance is so high just to fell ultimate bliss, until you run out and have to deal with things worse than you could ever imagine.
>>
>>34384264
yeah.. idk man my hands are kinda tied i dont think id be that retarded about it honestly i sorta rreally need them
>>
File: 84.jpg (90KB, 1076x1076px) Image search: [Google]
84.jpg
90KB, 1076x1076px
>>34384264
>>34384264
I know, went through hell twice, now trying not to get hooked up like that again, but who knows
>>
>>34384190
Because I have no ability to clearly think things through pretty sure I was mentally disabled before using.. I mean once I turned 19 man some switch got flipped so I cant tell anymore if im legitimately mentally ill or not.. thats the problem

I used to be a somewhat decent kid always had issues with drug use since 16 but I could still function like just smoked a ton of weed lots of lsd mush mdma..

H was kinda the next step I guess at least in how I deal with shit its dumb as fuck but it happened..
>>
>>34384416

Fair enough, if you were having trouble with drug abuse from a young age. I just figured you were a normal robot and went "guess I'll do H now" one day.
>>
>>34384396
lil peep is a fucking funny dude ive heard his switch.. like the opiate dead inside vibe.. lyrics could be better but beats are on point
>>
>>34384432
So uh heh.. y-you got an answer for me?
>>
File: 38.jpg (46KB, 1074x1074px) Image search: [Google]
38.jpg
46KB, 1074x1074px
>>34384456
I love him, from his style to music. True, lyrics could be bit different, but thats his shit nothing wrong with that
https://youtu.be/mY64FcA_p8Q
>>
>>34384499
yeah its still chill
>>
The real red pill is you would of been happy and normal if you never touched a drug in your life . But once you do a drug. You will never be right again.
>>
>>34384524
aware

so is the reverse red pill to just stay on drugs

>Will all the memes like cancel out?
>>
>>34384524
If I was happy and normal I wouldn't be here. Mary Jane is just a Band-Aid fix and I know that. Doesn't mean that it's effects are somehow lesser because of that. I went from Hikki with no friends to almost achieving normie dom while still being able to enjoy my weeb hobbies and video games. You have no idea how happy I was the first time I got invited to a party, had a girl (wasted but still counts) grinding on my dick. I went from friendless loser to the point where I didn't have enough time to meet witb everyone who messaged me if I want to go out for a smoke, uptown or to a party
>>
File: 1480740641027.jpg (186KB, 782x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480740641027.jpg
186KB, 782x960px
>>34383356
I know that feel OP. I've been a heroin addict since I was 18, almost 25 now. I was on methadone for 5 years. I got off methadone about 6 months ago when I was in jail for robbery. i'm out on bail now but I'm on house arrest and now I have no friends and no human interaction besides my parents (who I obviously still live with) I was doing so good, had a bit of clean time but then I started chipping. I managed to use only once-twice a week for 6 months. I had a job and was going to school, working out everyday. Sober from weed + booze as well, my life was looking up. Then I relapsed (not even that bad) and fucked everything up and now I might have to go back to jail and do 1-2 years at least. I got fired from my job (that my friend got me) for being high, and I failed my classes because of huge anxiety and depression. Just laying in bed smoking cigarettes. One day I even laid in bed for 24 hours straight. I've never been this fucked up before. My withdrawals are hardly even bad right now but im trying to kick again. I don't know if I'll last the day. Been 48 hours since I last dosed which was .3 of some decent H. I only know 1 out of 4 people who sells actual heroin, Everything is fent here in BC canada. I've almost overdosed 4 times on fent since I got out of jail so now I'd rather be sick then buy the fent. I don't know how long it will be untill there is no heroin left and it is all replaced by fent,
>>34384186
Dude I'm blasting the lil peep right now.
>>
>>34384738
How long did it take you to return to normal after the methadone its been 4 fucking months I have no idea who I am, completely empty inside, I cant even tell if I am legitimately mentally ill or not its fucked how did you fucking function after you got off your methadone?
>>
File: 1475283619297.jpg (63KB, 474x380px) Image search: [Google]
1475283619297.jpg
63KB, 474x380px
>>34384781
I was in jail when I got off it. It was fucking hell. Not even 100mg of seroquel could make me sleep at first. I just worked out everyday and ate healthy and after about 4-6 months I started to feel pretty much normal again. Yeah I was depressed and had horrible anxiety, the reason I failed college, but I was working on it, I felt it was getting slowly better and I really didn't want to go back on xanax because being blacked out on benzos was how I ended up getting arrested in the first place. I literally had to re-learn how to live my fucking life.I felt like I couldn't relate to everyone, I felt like I completely forgot how to do anything without the drugs. Everytime I seen my "friends" maybe once a month for an hour because they can't be fucked to come visit me because I don't matter I would feel like I just don't belong on this earth, depersonalization, depression. I had to learn how to enjoy everything, how to have conversations and hang out with people without drugs. I had to re-learn how to live and it was really hard.
>>
>>34384869
so.. no meds then? Sort of a shitty idea it seems I mean maybe throw some shit down when im bored? I dont want another habit but holy shit dude I cant do shit
>>
>>34384983
It's up to you dude. I've wanted to get back on xanax so bad some times. When I first got out of jail I stole abunch of my dads ativan to help me, but I took to much and he hid em on me. I was perscribed xanax for years but I mostly just abused em when I got my script filled. Only reason I went off them was because my methadone doctor caught me getting them filled 3 different times, and here you can't be on benzos while on methadone. So he said next time hell cut me off. If I had a connect for benzos id def be buying them though.
>>
>>34384869
Seems like everyone successfully kicked methadone in jail lol.. I was forced to jump off too at about 30-35 mgs maybe more because I was tapering rapidly i mean like 3mgs every 3-4 days then it was like 2mgs every week after 40 mgs (came down from 100) still was sick every morning though, for1.5 years i had to wakeup at 5 am cuz it was so bad..

So there is hope is what youre saying?
>>
>>34385063
>>34385063
I got arrested the day I was susposed to get my script filled. So spent 4 days in city cells (long weekend) coming off 80mg and 1/4 gram a day habit. When I got to jail they put me on 40mg and I stayed there. Tapering down 5-10mg a week untill I jumped off at 5mg. I'd imagine my withdrawals were nothing compared to coming off at that much.

I don't know man sometimes I feel like theres hope some times I don't. I;ve only been off the shit for 7-8 months.
>>
>>34385120
shit you still think like that

damn i got a long ass way to go.. some doc said 1-3 years fuck.. well at least I actually got a reasonable answer

basically if I dont mind doing all this bs again essentially.. fuck.
>>
File: 1480569943341s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480569943341s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>34383799
yeah, two of them are on anti-depressants

idk why they dont just join me for toke up every now and then, but they're fucking scared of it. you don't even trip you feel cozy
>>
>>34385120
they tapered you pretty fast.. you definitely felt it.. it was just like a much more drawn out H withdrawal. With added suicidal thoughts a lot more torturous but same symptoms
>>
>>34383356
Getting back on h is not the solution mate i can guarantee that.
>>
>>34385285
I meant psych meds.. I am going to just do it and say fuck it
>>
File: 1460079561475.jpg (108KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
1460079561475.jpg
108KB, 1280x842px
>>34383639
I'm in the same boat and it will eventually come back to bite you in the ass I think. For a bit over a year I got absolutely smashed daily while maintaining straight A's in college. I got minimal to no hangovers. Then I started to notice my mind was being seriously effected. Situations were processing slower, couldnt concentrate, thoughts were jumbled. I could feel something wrong with my head, not pain but a physical sensation. I think it was early stages of brain damage.

Point being we are all human. Some of us can get away with hardcore boozing for an admirable amount of time, but in the end it will always catch up with you and at that point you better be able to quit the excessive drinking or lose your life.
>>
File: qJeGB0I~2.jpg (9KB, 168x185px) Image search: [Google]
qJeGB0I~2.jpg
9KB, 168x185px
>>34383356
Being from the midwest and a small enough town where wveryone knows everyone, it just didnt sit well with me. I used to shoot up some ketamine and drop a cattle prod on my leg and ride the lightning for about an hour. I'd black out for a day sometimes and it seemed like that was the most alive ive ever felt, like i was making discoveries no one else had made in town yet. Now I've thoroughly fucked up my veins and am highly prone to seizures. Still wouldn't trade it for the world.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.