[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Another Day Another Dollar/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

File: 1454850018617.jpg (280KB, 1000x838px) Image search: [Google]
1454850018617.jpg
280KB, 1000x838px
Prospective wageslave here.

Where my Wagie-bros at?

Post your job and the feels you receive from it.
>>
>>34379535
>night shift at fast food chain
I like it. The lads I work with are decent, and the job isn't much hard work, just mainly cleaning and making food, easy.

Plus I work 4 days a week and come out with a decent wage. (no idea why american's are so pissy about their fast food wage.)
>>
>>34379566
Do you ever get free food?
>>
X-ray Tech/Radiographer.

Browsing 4chan during MRI scans
>>
Retail

It's really fucking shite. Literally everyone I try to sell to says, "you sure know how to butter someone up" or "you're a really good salesman!" And don't buy shit anyways. Capitalism sucks for workers but is great for consumers.
>>
>>34379592
You get free food for your break.

And to be fair, depending on manager, if something is going to be wasted they usually let you have it, as long as it's recorded. (i.e a cheeseburger that is no longer in time (we store them for 10 minutes.).
>>
IT Support

The main feel is just waiting for death at this point. I wish it to come. Either that or some kinda country wide revolution. That would be fun.
>>
Hydraulic fracturing up north. Brutally cold wanna die
>>
File: 1465566564052.jpg (32KB, 312x342px) Image search: [Google]
1465566564052.jpg
32KB, 312x342px
Need your advice on something Wagecu- I mean fellow Robots...

I'm being offered an entry level marketing gig with "commission based pay". What do you'all think? Would it be better than regular hourly wage?
>>
>>34379687
What made you even agree to this dreadful occupation?
>>
>>34379715
If you're good at it you make bank. If you're bad you will make shit. Kinda eady anon
>>
>>34379715
"commission based pay"

translation you're a telemarketer who gets a list of phone numbers to "work" on and you get a miniscule percentage of all your sales
>>
warehousing, it's ok, shit pay and a shit future ahead of me but atleast i dont have to deal with many people and now that im experienced my boss just trusts me to work on my own
>>
>>34379535
>22M
>work as front-end-web-dev
>it pays good so i can feed myself and afford a flat shared with my brother
>its okay i can do my tasks in a jiffy so i can browse chan and read shit online often
>project manager is a bossy 33 old F but bearable
>check discord
>friends joining at 10AM and playing games
>they can wake up at 10AM
>they can play games all they want
>their parents make their food

feelsbadman DESU
>>
hospital admin/HR
I love it desu the person I work for gives me broad supervision which allows me to figure things out myself which I enjoy. My coworkers are great. Being around the clinical stuff but not doing it every day keeps it interesting.
Few downsides - I have to cover peoples work if they get sick but no one covers me. Volume of work is extremely erratic, some weeks I do nothing however this week I've been flat out and I'm too tired to lift.
>>
File: the_fool.jpg (37KB, 220x384px) Image search: [Google]
the_fool.jpg
37KB, 220x384px
>>34379535
I'm a tarot reader. I set up at a little folding table on the sidewalk. On an average day I'll work 14 hours and make $40-60. On a bad day I'll make $0. On my best day I made $220. Fortunately it's not hard work to sit out in the sun and smoke my pipe while I wait for punters.
>>
>>34379715
>I'm being offered an entry level marketing gig with "commission based pay"
If you've got an extremely outgoing personality and make friends with strangers without a thought & have no problem fucking over someone who likes you marketing/sales is for you.
>>
>>34379897
Are you for real?

Didn't know that roadside tarot readers still existed in this day and age.
>>
>>34379728
Pay is pretty good. Was making 600 bucks a day last year
>>
>intern structural engineer in the mining industry
>got a new building I've designed signed off on today. Going to put it out for tenders later this week . It's my first structure so I'm excited.
>had to put my project on the backburner today as a senior engineer was on site that I needed to chaperone between appointments and show around the plant. Was surprised by how much I've learned during my time here.
>Get to live in a 2 bedroom apartment with my fiance for free while I'm working here.
>Going to find out if a permanent position is available by the end of the week.
>fiance is cooking salmon for dinner.

I used to live on poverty wages at mcdonalds and then spent a year in tech support hell while I looked for grad work. I hope my luck holds out for a while longer

>tfw you made it
>>
>>34379962
That desperate for tendies huh?
>>
>>34379535
>janitor

Its comfy. Quiet, solitary, can start when and end when I want, and take a break when I want. And there are always janitor jobs. Look into it bots
>>
>>34379979
is it true that women's restrooms and messier than men's?
>>
File: 20151120_140236.jpg (892KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20151120_140236.jpg
892KB, 4128x2322px
>>34379918
Fortune telling is one of the hobo arts, and I've spent much of my life celebrating hobo culture and trying to keep it alive. In fact, I've rented an old, abandoned storefront and turned it into a cultural centre for celebrating the hobo arts. We teach free classes in hobo traditions like busking, fortune telling, and found materials folk art. Pic related: Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts, the project I've been working on for the last two years. I fund it mostly out of my own pocket.
>>
>>34379988
This is something that I've been wanting to know as well.

Is there any weight to this myth?
>>
>>34379988
undoubtedly. Some women are truly vile in public restrooms. ama
>>
>>34380000
they cant throw their bloodstained shit in to the toilet or what?
>>
>>34379990
>Windsor

Ever been here to Ottawa hobro?
>>
>>34380000
also nice quads mate
>>
>>34380008
Some bathrooms cant handle flushing the tampons, apparently. So they throw them in the trash, if there isn't a douche receptacle. The blood is really awful
>>
>>34380012
Of course! I was born in Ottawa, and was the founder of the Ottawa Panhandlers' Union, for which I was also the spokesperson for eight years. I'm also the person who organized the copwatch program in Ottawa.
>>
>>34380021
>Ottawa Panhandlers' Union

Andrew Nellis?
>>
File: 1464818846282.png (147KB, 597x597px)
1464818846282.png
147KB, 597x597px
>>34380021
Nice. I just moved here a few weeks ago.

What is there to do in this damned city? Know of any worthwhile pubs around town?

The kind you don't find out about in tour guides.
>>
File: JustMe.jpg (103KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
JustMe.jpg
103KB, 492x492px
>>34380045
Yep, that would be me!
>>
For a while now, a lot of shit has been spoken of me on this website and the internet in general. Frankly, I've had enough. My Lawler has a list of names of the offender's, and is comipling reports on each one of you low lifes.
Be prepared to receive information on your court order. You guys are going to pay!You think I'm joking, but when you guys end up in court, you'll remember this post and wish you treated me better.
>>
>Night auditor shift at a hotel

I read and go on r9K and eat free food all day
completely solitary
>14 hr
>no college no problem

when i had a decent laptop id literally play games probably 7 hours a shift
>>
>work a wood cheese burner grove
>Work grill
>Works with some chill dudes
>Mostly just smoke weed at break
>Manager is a douche bag but we sneak off and play vidya
>>
>>34380071
Been to the Elgin Street Diner yet? They serve what many regard as the best poutine in the country. Try the smoked meat poutine and -- trust me on this -- put mustard on it. It's amazing. The place is a little pricy, but well worth it. Just don't go on a Friday or Saturday night unless you like gagging on a fogbank of perfume and being cheek-by-jowl with every college kid out clubbing in on Elgin.

Unfortunately, all the good dive bars burned down: the Maple Leaf, Grads, and so on. They were all owned by the mob and when land prices went up, they wanted to tear them down to build condos. The city wouldn't let them (they were heritage buildings) so they just mysteriously "burned down."
>>
>>34380121
Appreciate the heads-up. Will be sure to check it out.

Wish you rewarding reading!
>>
>>34380121
Andrew my man got any interesting stories to share?
>>
>>34379977
Hardly. Just needed to clear my head.
>>
>>34380157
A few other things to try in Ottawa:
- a beavertail at Hookers with garlic and cheese
- a tour of the Experimental Farm -- an operating, government-run farm right in the middle of the city
- a tour of the Parliament Buildings; I went every few years even though I lived in the city because it was so fascinating
- the all you can eat Chinese buffet at DuBarry's; it's terrible, terrible food, but there's just so MUCH of it, including a Mongolian grill and an entire dessert row in the football-field-sized buffet
- hiking into the Gatineau Hills in the autumn when all the trees turn
- crossing to Hull and getting real cheese curds from the depanneurs; curds change their flavour and consistency when they're refrigerated, and by law they have to be refrigerated in Ontario, but you can get them right out on the counter at every depanneur in Hull, the way they're supposed to be
>>
>>34380211
Dozens. Hundreds. There was the time I was kicked out of prison for organizing the other inmates, or the time I nearly started a riot on Parliament Hill, or the time I was hunted through a swamp by a guy with a shotgun and spent all night hiding in a burned-out car, or the time I had a gun pointed in my face by a panicked cop at the anti-Bush protest in 2004 or...

Having an adventurous life doesn't pay very well, but it does leave you with a lot of entertaining yarns to spin.
>>
>>34379535
Powerplant operator. I work 3rd shift, getting hourly readings and doing rounds twice per night.

Other than that, I post on 4chan and watch shit on a Roku 3. Pretty comfy more than 99% of the time, honestly.

That said, when things go bad, it's all on you, and you can mess everything up even worse really quickly.
>>
>>34380282
>the time I was hunted through a swamp by a guy with a shotgun and spent all night hiding in a burned-out car

Intriguing. Please elaborate.
>>
File: yamu.jpg (78KB, 700x775px)
yamu.jpg
78KB, 700x775px
Today was weird
>classes started after a semester off
>class today seems awesome so far but only like 13 people are enrolled
>it's likely getting canceled
>get in a group project with some korean housewife and a black highschool nerd
>walk my doggie after school
>go to work
>new job in my second or third week i dont remember
>coworkers from my old job show up and get trashed at the bar
>17 year old new coworker is flirting with me hella hard and I'm spaghettiman everywhere
>old drink coworkers stay til closing
>didn't preclose at all since i'm distracted by jailbait
>old coworkers talking about how cute girl is
>I straight up ask her not to bang them
>she's chill about it but I'm being really weird
>didn't eat much and getting a headache getting jittery
>finally close and drive one of my coworkers downtown so he can go to a bar with some dude
>I start japanese class tomorrow and have work with the same girl again
>>
>>34380326
A friend and I were invited to a party by Steve, a very odd guy we knew who made his fortune as a programmer and used his money to build a mansion in the middle of a swamp, miles from anywhere. Steve was a pretty hard-core, blackout drunk alcoholic, and at this party he got progressively more and more drunk until he ended up taking a swing at his girlfriend and punching her in the face.

After punching her, he started running through the house screaming GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT at everyone. Everyone who could went running for their cars, but four of us were getting rides the next day and couldn't leave. We all ended up sitting with Steve at the kitchen table.

Steve told us matter-of-fact that if the police showed up he planned to shoot it out with them, so we could stay or go as we pleased, but it was on our own heads. Then he asked us if he had really just clocked his girlfriend in the face.

We told him that he had, and stood up and started screaming GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT until we calmed him down. We all sat silently for a few minutes, waiting for the sound of a siren, and then he asked us again if he had *really* punched his girlfriend.

Someone asked, "Do you actually want to know? Like, the truth?"

Steve said he did, so we told him that he had, in fact, really and honestly and truly smashed his girlfriend in the face, at which point he flipped out and started screaming GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT again.

I told him he was being profoundly dishonest, and he mad a run for his bedroom. I couldn't see what he was doing, but my friend could. He ran into the bedroom and started wrestling with Steve for the shotgun and told me to run.

So I ran for the front door, my friend still wrestling Steve for the shotgun. By the time I made it out into the swamp, I saw Steve stalking out the front door, shotgun in his hands. I had to sneak hunched over the dark while Steve hunted me. [cont.]
>>
>>34380396
[cont.]
I eventually took cover in an old, abandoned, burned-out car to get some relief from the mosquitoes and spent the rest of the night there, listening for Steve. At some point Steve gave up trying to murder me and returned home, where he collapsed unconscious.

The next morning we stole his shotgun and tossed it into a pond in the swamp. We took his collection of smoking pipes and threw them into his crocodile pond, where they ate them. Then we took all his shoes and lawn furniture and made a huge pile of it in his backyard and lit it on fire. It burned so hot that when it was finally out, it left a giant, white, plasticized crater.

Best party I've ever been to.
>>
>bureaucrat

kinda boring. I don't like people here, I barely talk to anyone. The job is not hard, but it is repetitive as fuck. Sometimes I get really stressed.
>>
>>34380423
If it's not difficult then why do you feel stressed?
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 782x639px)
image.jpg
42KB, 782x639px
>>34379535

I working in a private halfway house for rich kids, I have my own office with a huge couch and gaming pc set up. It's pretty much a second bedroom. I have to talk to kids who think they are hardened criminals because they sold weed and got caught. I really just chill out all day unless someone is fighting or doing drugs but that rarely happens.

>23.50/hr
>benefits
>do the same thing as a neet

Feelsreallygood
>>
im a janny/receptionist guy
getting payed for shitposting mostly
>>
>>34380433
it's like doing a lot of easy stuff in a short period of time. It's not that it is hard, but more like tiresome.
>>
>21M
>starbux
>lowest earning, lowest traffic shop in the district and county
>still get paid as much as the guys sweating their dicks off in a shopping centre that's a 10 min walk away

it's enjoyable.

i get to read in the dead period from 3-5 and sip the filter coffee all day
>>
Sales Assistant
2 hours away
Up at 5 AM, home by 7 PM
All I do is pack materials
All Chads and Stacies.

I hate my life. I just wanted to become a teacher but can't go back to school. My parents offer no support and just tell me to take the easy way out.
>>
>>34379888
When I worked at a hospital, the HA people always presented the "Is the CAT scan really necessary? It costs money." argument which gave me the impression that they were mainly interested in money over patient care. Is this a fair characterization of what you do?
>>
File: 1481647011527.jpg (272KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1481647011527.jpg
272KB, 750x1334px
>>34379962
Congrats man. You're a real success, I'm jealous.
>>
File: bromco.jpg (82KB, 1138x664px) Image search: [Google]
bromco.jpg
82KB, 1138x664px
IT Manager
Hardest part is trying to act like I have a life outside of work.
Easiest part is just sitting on my fat ass all day and browsing the internet.

Honestly it's the comfiest job in the world, but a fair bit of responsibility and it took a long time to get here (I'm 31). Fuck I'm 32 this year and haven't had sex since I was 18. It used to just be a private meme but now it's genuinely concerning..

Why the fuck does this board always manage to make me realize what a giant fucking loser I am? I waste my pretty good wagie bucks on food mostly.. and spiced rum. I mean I've been in 13k debt for like two years I haven't saved shit, just waste all money on food booze and pointless shit like electronics and 3d printers and just shit basically.

I think I'll die soon anyway I can barely make it up the steps at work without feeling like I just ran a 5k.
>>
>>34380919
How'd you get 13k worth of debt?
>>
File: 1485244924799.jpg (90KB, 526x701px) Image search: [Google]
1485244924799.jpg
90KB, 526x701px
>>34380919
>Hardest part is trying to act like I have a life outside of work.

i can relate to that.
>>
Bumping for schlomostien

Wagies, where do you work how much do you earn. Any good benefits attached to your job?
>>
>>34381533
How can the dog be sad if he's at BK
>>
>>34381553
Work for a cinema company doing data entry/mailroom.

2 hour commute one way. Shitty co-workers who never do anything.

Benefits are the same at any company. Only good one is that I can go to the movies for free.
>>
>>34381553
Forgot to add that I make 38k but I work 9.5 hours a day.
>>
>>34381100
Car and credit cards. After I pay rent electricity fuel etc I have 3000 left over plus another 800 or so for food.
But every month I spend it all on junk food and booze and stupid shit on ebah
>>
>>34381553
I do data entry from home.
It's very comfy.
I don't have to deal with people, can work in my undies and listen to podcasts
>>
>>34379715
you can only make money with "marketing" if you are Chad
>>
>>34381533
"How was your weekend anon?". "oh yeah really great how about you?" (Immediately deflect questions back to them while giving no in for them to find out that once again I spent it eating two kinds of take away burgers drinking a bottle of spiced rum staying up all night watching my YouTube subscriptions that make me feel like I have friends then trying to go to bed before the sun comes up and sleeping all Saturday only to wake up about 4pm and go out to get more booze and food to do it all again). Can you imagine the look of I just told the truth for once???
>>
>>34381705
Dude how do you get this job??
>>
I skipped work today. No call, no nothing.

I feel like absolute fuck.
>>
>>34381746
unfortunately for you my brother landed me this gig at the company he works at.

You could try to find something on flex jobs maybe if you want to work from home
>>
>>34381732
they would nervously look away from your eyes while blabbering something:

"uhh-uhh thats um cool too anon..."

i know i told once my colleague who i work for the whole shift that i did nothing but stayed up and played wow for the whole weekend
>>
I'm an Excel analyst.

The job's okay. I go in, say good morning to people, sit down at my cubicle, put my mp3 player on/earbuds in, and just play around on Microsoft Excel for 8 hours a day trying to make spreadsheets look pretty for the big, important people in the company.
>>
Guys, it's not hard to make your own money and work when you want.

I suck Dick's and use grinder and Craigslist to do so. Work about 5 hours a week and make 1000 a week.

Sucking a cock is not such a big deal.

Don't call me a whore either as I don't take it in the ass
>>
>>34379535
I have work in an hour. My job is a weird mix of part-time days and full-time days. Thank fuck today is only part-time. I just wanna get baked and play vidya
>>
>24
>Roughly 200 euro a week (mostly part-time work)
>My dad's garage
>Mostly car wash but I do other odd jobs too.
>I mostly work outside so it all depends on the weather whether I have a good day or not. November and December were rough. This month has been so comfy in comparison
>>
>>34379611
I was thinking of this as a major. What's your salary?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.