[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hear so much about it these days, but my parents have been

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: tfw ear.png (19KB, 644x718px) Image search: [Google]
tfw ear.png
19KB, 644x718px
I hear so much about it these days, but my parents have been together for 31 years, so...

What the fuck causes a divorce? Why is it so common these days?

I mean I get how a relationship ends, but aren't you supposed to have your shit figured out and the woman you want to marry by the time you get married?
>>
Dunno. Been with my girlfriend for 12 years.
>>
File: 1412576557763.jpg (29KB, 382x322px) Image search: [Google]
1412576557763.jpg
29KB, 382x322px
rampant degeneracy
selfie generation
ME ME ME all the time
95% of normalfaggots time staring into a screen swiping mindlessly through facebook
believing they can do better
special snowflakes
normalfaggots that hold absolutely 0 convictions that they believe in whole-heartedly
>>
Some (most) people know going in that it won't work out, a lot of them do genuinely try but just can't deal with the unexpected changes or financial issues. The rest actually intend to just trade up, those are the people abusing alimony/paternity laws.
>>
A lot of people are pressured by religion and/or family to get married young and start a family. This is the major recipe for divorce, not knowing each other for that long + being at a transitional period in life + throw a kid or two on top of that shit
>>
>>34377970
divorce used to be less common for many reasons. religion was more of an influence in people's thinking (a sin to some) and even for the average person, divorce was stigmatized. people thought it was best to stay in a bad marriage "for the children" and now people are less likely to think it helps a child to see their parents fighting or living in a loveless marriage for their "sake." women didn't work so even when they were miserable, most didn't have the resources to leave, especially with their children. people felt more responsible for seeing through their choice, even if they realized it was a mistake. people saw marriage more realistically and didn't think that it was going to be a honeymoon phase forever, but something that would take compromise and maturity to handle. people respected the advice of their elders who were even more likely to instruct them to stay in a marriage at all costs.

i'm sure that there were many unhappy marriages that lasted a lifetime in past generations and many more lukewarm partnerships where the person might have been happier if they saw divorce as an option.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.