[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you guys think you make sentences in your mind r-right?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
When you guys think you make sentences in your mind r-right? Like you talk to yourself in your head?
>>
>>34374909
No, that's really not normal.
>>
>>34374909
i just think in pictures
>>
>>34374909
Yeah. I do. It's not universal. I don't have a clue how other people do it, honestly.
>>
>>34374909
Yes
I didn't know people didn't talk to themselves in their heads
>>
File: 1480986883971.jpg (16KB, 214x412px) Image search: [Google]
1480986883971.jpg
16KB, 214x412px
If you are referring to subvocalization, nearly all humans do it, typically subconsciously.

Introverts typically think before they speak, so if you fall into that category then it's p normal.

Me? I literally talk to myself. Out loud. Full on role-playing self conversation.
>>
Yep, usually
>>
>>34374909
it's really interesting, I read a few years back on wiki a sort of listing up of the different ways of thinking, like word-formers vs visualizers and stuff, which I believe were the most common types along with some synasthesia middle weird thingy type 1-2 percenters. don't remember what article that was
>>
>>34374909
>he talks to himself like a virgin
>>
>>34374909
I prefer to talk to myself out loud, but when other people are around I keep my mouth closed and just shape the words with my tongue/throat as I think. I find it difficult to think the words without making speaking movements.
>>
>>34374909
Sometimes but a lot of the times I just reference the concepts in my head without saying all the words. It's kind of lazy and it makes it hard for me to explain my thoughts to people after a while.
>>
>>34375051
>I literally talk to myself. Out loud. Full on role-playing self conversation.
>tfw I do this to a smaller extent, usually quieter so people in my house dont think im insane
>cant really help it
>dont really want to stop it because its strangely fun
>>
>>34374909
Yeah. Sometimes I'll even say them out loud. Full-on convo or just a rant of something I just read to myself.
>>
File: EgpADZJ.jpg (26KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
EgpADZJ.jpg
26KB, 640x475px
>tfw i remind myself how to use the standing potty out loud
>"c'mon anon, pee"
>Put a little pressure against the pee pee stopping muscle
>Have to stop and wait because man comes to pee pee in the bafroom too
>He takes a long time and his pee pee makes a loud, waterfally sound
>"he makes loud pee pee sounds he must have big pee pee parts."
>tfw he looks at me funny and leaves
>"okay, pee pee in 10...9...8..."
>wait because another oldy man comes in
>"please leave I'm trying to do my man business"
>He laughs at me
>I keep trying to go pee pee
>"c'mon anon you can do this. c'mon pee pee parts"
>Man asks me to be quiet
>man asks me to pull my pants up when using the standing potty
>I get upset about pee pee elitist
>"I'm not happy about this whole situation"
>"dead daddy didn't used to tell me these things
>pee pee on the floor
>"I feel better now"
>>
>>34374909
>Like you talk to yourself in your head?
Of course. I also create imaginary characters and talk to them. Same goes with talking to girls in my mind as well.
>>
That's what folks do, as far as I know. I try to think in the first-person ("I"), not the second-person ("you"), since I am thinking things about or towards myself, not communicating with someone else. Most people probably don't care whether their thinking is grammatically-correct, but I care about such things for some reason.
>>
>>34374909
Ricky Gervais had a conversation about this on his radio/podcast thing that freaked me out. He and Steve were laughing at Karl because Karl said he thought in words and sentences. Ricky and Steve told him he was an idiot because "normal" people thought in concepts and ideas, not words. I got nervous wondering if I was an idiot for thinking like Karl, but reading through this thread it seems like it's pretty common. Among robots, anyway.
>>
>>34374909
Talk to myself in my head? Not really.
Talk to myself out loud? All the time.
>>
File: 1386678789728.gif (52KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1386678789728.gif
52KB, 256x192px
>>34374909
wait what you mean everyone isn't constantly having a conversation with themselves in their head? I used to talk to myself out loud like in a whisper, my mom does it at night sometimes and she has schizophrenia so I kinda forced myself to stop doing it.
>>
>>34374909

I do. But it's on overdrive. I have to be really invested in what I'm doing or my thoughts go crazy.

When I'm alone I can't help but constantly talk to myself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.