[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here upper middle class getting a heavy dose of "reality"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: 1408213109677.jpg (6KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
1408213109677.jpg
6KB, 257x196px
Who here upper middle class getting a heavy dose of "reality"

>grew up upper middle class
>had the coolest bike in the neighborhood in Connecticut
>Happy, always had friends, pure utopia
>one day, parents divorce
>live with mom
>move to another state where I knew no one
>has hated by everyone the first year
>social outcast
>our financial situation stagnated over time
>now I'm 21 and getting evicted from my apartment with a slim chance of finding a new one in time
>in my room listening to Simpsonwave music
I feel so lost and tired. My life has progressively gotten worse over time and I've reached a point where I can't try anymore. I can do anything I want if I wanted but I'm too tired to do anything. Pls share your stories and words of wisdom brothers
>>
File: horo.jpg (68KB, 438x436px) Image search: [Google]
horo.jpg
68KB, 438x436px
>>34374034
>be middle middle class
>never had friends as a kid
>get used to it and learn to love it
>spend my entire middle/high school life playing video games, watching anime, and going on 4chan all day every day
>best times of my life
>get a job
>make fake friends at work so I don't seem autismo

Life is easy when you just sit back and copy what normalfags do from going normalfag watching in public places
>>
>>34374034
greentexting is fucking impossible on mobile, so I'll just type it out.
I had a great life up until about a month ago. was middle/upper middle class my whole life, had friends, went to school. then a month ago I graduated college. I still haven't found a job in my field (engineering) and my lease is almost up. I'm gonna have to move back with my parents and the total lack of control I have over my life right now is driving me insane. I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in weeks, about 4-5 hours tops. I apply to countless jobs only to get those sappy
"we are not able to hire you at this time" emails. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating the severity of my situation, but I'm pulling my hair out looking for a job and I feel like total garbage for not having one. my mental health is rapidly declining. maybe two more weeks before I finally try to off myself and either die or get thrown in the nuthouse
>>
>>34374678
Are you serious, one month out of school? That's nothing. I didn't get a job until 5 months after I graduated and I had my masters in structural engineering with a 3.8 gpa. Just keep applying to places and eventually one will stick.
>>
>>34374678
>lack of control in my life
Holy fuck, this. Nothing drives me through the roof more knowing that I have no idea what to expect in the near future
>>
>>34374034
kill yourself and destroy your shitty parents lives
>>
>>34374034
>be middle class
>be top student, honors classes, freshmen at engineering university
>realize I don't wanna do it, too meme-autist to handle the social crap and especially the SJW/cuck/numale/Stacy shit
>also feel no connection with any uni students except for one Army ROTC robot-tier friend (who shipped out anyway)
>sit in dorm room all day trying to avoid getting walked in on mid-wank by my assigned roommate
>getting fine grades but withdraw anyway because of meme-autist reasons
>start working construction

>actually feel like I've won and have the better life now
>several foremen and managers warm up to me after talking for a bit and realizing I'm not stupid, just socially retarded
>talk to them about science behind why we're doing stuff, like seepage rates and stress/strain/torsion, assorted autist stuff
>>
File: 1456191443659.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
1456191443659.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>34375217
what the fuck are you men. i'm going down the exact same road, i'll prob work shoveling horse shit next year, at least i hope i can be happy at least once in my life. i too dropped out from engineering (year away from getting the diploma). I was too suicidal and depressed, i just want a manual labour where i can just.. be
>>
I know that this don't belong in this thread but fuck it
My story is the opposite to yours op
>i was born in a very bad moment for my family (my father lose his job 2 months before my birth)
>grew up being poor, we were so poor that sometimes our parents wouldn't eat so me and my brother could
>we didn't have money for things as Heaters or stuff like that but my parents made sure that we never felt cold (even though in winter it wasn't rare to have temperatures as cold as -3 degree celcius, and our house was cold as fuck)
>every christmas, our parents made an effort and gave me and my brother 1 present
>i grew up knowing that we were poor but i never felt that i needed anything other than what i had
>i knew that my parents felt horrible when they couldn't give me or my brother something that we wanted, so i learned to hide the fact that i wanted something, because even if i wanted it, i knew that we couldn't have it, and if i showed that i wanted something that my parents couldn't give me, the would feel really bad.
>grew up saving whatever money i got, and if my brother needed it, i gave it to him
>as i lived like this i stopped wanting things, and i also developed a huge feeling of guilty every time my family spent money on me, be it for a candy or for my clothes, it didn't matter, if they spend money on me, i feel like shit.
>live like this since born until i was 15
>suddenly our situation gets better, we are not rich, but we are not poor as fuck
>now we can get some little luxuries like a Heater, we can buy cereals for breakfast, we can buy clothes more than once every 6 months, and the most important, we can live without worrying about debts or food
>our life improves drastically and now my parents want to give us everything they felt that we needed/lacked
>but i'm still the same, even though we now can spend the money, i don't want them to do it, and i still feel guilty every time they spend money on me.
>>
>>34375597
>tfw
I'm glad i didn't get my degree, though. I can't imagine working a desk job and commiting to one city for anywhere from 5 years to a lifetime.

Four years later, I've never stayed in one place longer than two years, and never worked the same job longer than one. I can live on the road and drink at bars from San Francisco to New York. I've seen the beauty of the world and I want to travel it as long as I live.

To know that I can quit a job in Seattle and get another in Houston the next week is all I need. After a few years living like a man and not a numale, I learned I don't need all these things society teaches me to need. From the suburban home/picket fence to the brand-new car and soap-Opera social life, it's all a scam.

I live on the go, and it's all I ever dreamed life could be.
>>
>>34374110
im also savig this picture senpai
>>
>>34374034
Sorry Chad, the poverty train fucks us all....
>>
>>34375912
Anon, get a job and buy your parents something nice
>>
>>34376290
but where do you put your anime figures
>>
>>34376290
Nice to hear that man, glad you found what makes you happy. Have a drink for me someday. I'll be surrounded by horses and cattle, barely making it money wise, but i'll be fulfilled
>>
File: 1482939423564.jpg (80KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
1482939423564.jpg
80KB, 960x945px
Same dood. Lived in a farmhouse with 2 acres. 12 rooms. Went in the woods every day and shot shit withy pellet gun (northeast fag so no real guns) We went on vacations, to disney, to the bahamas, etc. My mom up and divorced him when i was 12. Place had to be sold. I lived with her for 3 years until i became redpilled. Now im 19, live with him and theres 4 grand in the bank and the business is failing. My mom is living week to week as well. Because she spent her half of the settlement on a fucking house. We live in a little 2 room shack. At least mistuh gubbamint pays the heating and electric bill
>>
>>34376371
That's what i want to do, but it will take some time, my parents don't want me to work until i finish my studies (i'm 19 and i'm only starting uni), i managed to get into the best university of my country (and i will study for free thanks to a scholarship), so it will take at least 5 years.
However, i really want to buy them something nice, i don't care if i have to work the rest of my life for it.
I just want to make my parents happy and to live without being a burden to anyone.
>>
I've concluded that most robots should be farmers. Think about it

>high rates of depression due to sedentary lifestyles of being in boxes (school, work cubicles, suburban housing)
>your ancestors were more than likely farmers, as were their parents
>farmers all worked and had waifus with strong traditional values, meaning qt virgins
>marriage insured hard work paid off with wives, being beta didnt matter
>physical work, stay fit, get fresh air, connect with the land and earth
>>
>>34376517
that all sounds gay tho

i like sitting in my room and ordering amazon restraunt now and watching anime

i just want a girlfriend too
>>
What is Simpsonwave
>>
>>34376545
Well thanks to advances in agricultural technology you could still have time for those with machinery
>>
>>34376376
Hanging from my rearview mirror, senpai <3
>>
>>34376517
I worked on a farm last year baling hay, would not recommend
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (68KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
68KB, 800x450px
My life has stayed at upper middle class level thus far...
>private school
>good uni paid for by banker parents
>they bought my first condo/car
>now starting out in corporate law
>parents want me to find a wife and buy a million dollar home in the next 3 years
>I'm still handholdless and dateless after all this time

But I wonder if I'd be happier aiming lower. Who can say ambition and achievement will lead to happiness? Working a high stakes 60 hour job is stressful and dehumanizing, and I'm tired of interacting with the superficial and pretentious high achievers in my office who look down on people for drinking Merlot instead of Shiraz.

Utter sloth may not lead to happiness (the NEETs are unhappy people) but there's a balance somewhere around part-time employment in a low-stress field. What careers are like that?
>>
File: 1484535389607.jpg (337KB, 2048x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484535389607.jpg
337KB, 2048x720px
>>34374678
>a month ago

Calm the fuck down. It took me 4 months to find my job, and I have experience in my field from internships. You will have to apply so many times, to so many places you will forget how many you've sent.

Do you have:

>A solid Resume
Solid means peer checked and rechecked and edited and re-edited until it's right. Expect at least 3 drafts.

>Cover Letters
Letters plural; you will want a form letter to customize for EACH place and individual position. Cover letters draw attention.

>Clothes for an interview
There is a chance you will get a call for an interview and they'll want to schedule you for tomorrow. Do you have a suit ready to go and all the accessories? [shoes, belt, socks, tie, shirt] Make sure this is ready now so you aren't driving around looking for it the day before.

I'll just name things that helped

>Bringing a portfolio
This is a zippered, usually leather case, bigger than a notebook. It holds a notepad and (in this case) your resume(s). You will want to have a list of questions for your interviewer in here too. Taking notes and having questions ready looks very good.

>Apply directly to companies
I used Indeed a lot, but then I went to the companies career pages and looked there too. Always try to find the most recent postings. Recheck every week for new posts.

>Prepare to wait
This will fucking suck worse than any exam. this will probably be the worst part of your year. Finding a job is not easy and you are not wrong to be pissed off a lot. Know that it will hopefully end soon enough. Getting a part time job is a good idea too, just to keep some money in your pocket.
>>
My dad was in a field with a shitty job market. He'd get new contracts in random places every couple years. We moved from bad apartment to cramped townhouse and back over and over. Whenever I went to my friend's house I'd be totally awed by his wealth. It made me feel totally inadequate. Like a roach next to a tank. I've always been poor, felt poor, lived poor. I live in another shitty cramped apartment now. I work in a dead end job. I've been fucked since day one.
You never escape being poor. It's like a brand on your being stating to the world that you're garbage. I know I didn't.
>>
> poor growing up
> Highschool dropout
> Knocked up highschool girlfriend
> get married
> Work shit jobs till I find one shit job I can tolerate and stay
> Wife also starts working
> Buy a house
> Our pay rates keep going up
> Now upper middle class and doing better than most in our poor town.
> Life in easy mode these days
>>
>>34375912
You're a good kid anon. Become something to make your parents happy.
>>
File: abstractfeel.jpg (37KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
abstractfeel.jpg
37KB, 680x684px
>quit my job without having a backup because it was making me depressed
>going to get welfare and be a NEET
>don't even care at this point, just want some money to buy food and thats all I need
>friends want to do shit but I just ignore them

I don't care anymore, just let me fester for a bit. I have zero motivation, no convictions on anything and no ambition. does anyone else know what it feels like to be absolutely devoid of any kind of motivation to improve whatsoever? I watch movies where the main character has someone close to them die or some other event happens and that pushes them through life to improve themselves yet for me nothing even close to that has happened. I have zero care.

I feel like if me and some normie traded places they would look at themselves in my situation and immediately start to try to improve, like searching for jobs all day and sending their resumes out to hundreds of places. Maybe even take 2 jobs. Me, however, I do nothing but sit on my computer. I COULD do all that stuff, i SHOULD do all the stuff, i WANT to do all that stuff, but I'm a fucking loser
>>
>>34376807
Don't get trapped in a loop. It's too easy to say "I'll call a job application next week" and never get back off neetbux.
>>
Spoiled brat reporting in. I fucked up everything being a depressed, lazy fucktard. A well-educated fucktard with a clean criminal record who was a good employee most of the time but made several really stupid mistakes that got me fired sequentially. There is no way to hide my ineptitude on my resume from competent scrutiny. I disagree with my former actions and decisions. Now I have to find a job knowing perfectly well that past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. The only difference is I'm on antidepressant medication now that sort of works.

One and a half bachelor's degrees in two technical fields. Best I can do at this point is get a job washing dishes or other unskilled manual labor, if I'm lucky. The next step is to call up my knowledge work references and let them know I'm looking for work again, that I'm trying to get a job washing dishes, and that I have managed to not find new references. Embarrassing. Every job application will be a personal embarrassment. Every interview will be a personal embarrassment.

I get to write and send material that polishes the turd that is my career in the finest and most concise marketing language. I get to use lawyer-speak, telling the truth but implying falsehoods. I have to sell that turd, proudly, cheerfully, and charismatically, with good posture and a confident smile. It's a good thing I studied and practiced the fuck out of charisma and lawyer-speak. I'm going to need my best work to get out of this fucking mess. I had better hope that my competition somewhere is a bunch of violent felons, or that the hiring manager is not paying attention.
>>
I always knew both sides of the fence since my parents spilt and dad was upper middle class and mom was poor.
>>
>>34376967
at least you have a degree. I dropped out of mine when I had one year left and now I am 50K in debt for something I didn't earn
>>
>>34376996
At least I know that employers often only get a bunch of turds in the resume pile to choose from. I'm not the first person to screw up his life, and I won't be the last. We're depressed, and rightly so. But the world needs hopeless bastards like us. We know damn well exactly what we deserve. So we'll do the dirty, unpleasant work that nobody else wants, we'll do it for almost nothing, and we'll be grateful for the opportunity.
>>
File: ai m59.png (326KB, 499x661px) Image search: [Google]
ai m59.png
326KB, 499x661px
>>34374034
>Dad is an assembly line worker, mom makes slightly above minimum wage doing minimal labor for eye doctor family friend
>parents divorce when I'm 3 and older brother is 7
>mom wins majority custody
>we live with aunt for a while, then grandparents for a while in spare rooms
>mom gets remarried
>now have a blue collar conservative stepdad
>have a brother who's 6 years younger than me
>life gets a bit better, move into a solid home
>blood dad treats older brother like shit
>blood dad doesn't really interact with me
>haven't seen dad or spoken to dad since before high school (2008)
>go to a great private university (putting myself in a dick ton of debt)
>major in electrical engineering
>get a great job

But
>can't relate to anyone in my family
>older brother was scum who partied too much, got caught up in drugs (heroin), ruined his life
>mom has no personality or good interests and just sits at home all day, doesn't work
>step dad and I have deeply conflicting viewpoints on practically everything
>younger brother imitates me in some regards (tries hard in school, likes math and science and videogames) but has an absolute garbage taste in music, film, culture in general. He's toxic af to play games with too.
>>
>>34374034
Oh.. Ooops
>>34377241
I guess I wasn't ever upper middle.

Always middle. Dead middle. It's kept my expectations and hopes in check but just once I wish I had something really special happen in my childhood.

I feel like my life is going pretty well but god damn I'm depressed as fuck because...is this all there is?? Maybe I'm still torn up about being back together with my ex gf. Maybe I shouldn't be with her.

Idk if anyone will read this, or my first post, but I'm really just ready to die.
>>
>>34374034
>tfw was "living week to week off welfare" poor for most of my life
>tfw lower-middle class rich now and on my way to upper-middle class

Feels good not being a poorfag anymore
>>
>>34376443
Did your parents take you guys to vacation every summer as a kid s well? Fucking good times man
>every summer, since I was 3, we'd visit Niagara Falls, Disneyland, great adventures, and my parents had a timeshare at Maryland next to the beach. One year, there was a shark attack near our location the last year of us being there.

Sometimes I feel like I lived for my childhood knowing that I'll never be that happy again. I've never accomplished anything besides a high school degree, a college drop out, all while telling my parents that I'm "fine". In reality, my depression has gotten to the point to where I can't even socialize with my roommate. I feel a disconnection with the world around me and overall, just kinda stuck without motivation to improve my situation.

For the most part I feel and want to be isolated from the world but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want be in a relationship
>>
I grew up middle class in white suburbia and I started to romanticize poor people as "street smart" and thought they were tougher and more manly than the people I grew up with. Now I have a job where I deal with these people daily and there's nothing strong or tough about them at all, they are mostly just weak degenerates. Now I see that the rich probably are the strongest most masculine demographic proportionally. For every wealthy flabby tech nerd like Bill Gates there are 10 ruthless entrepreneurs who are athletic and outgoing.
>>
>>34375217
This is me desu. My dumb ass parents begged like dogs for me to stay in school and have some faggy white collar office life. Dropping out was the best decision of my life.
>>
File: sealab-2021.jpg (97KB, 1440x750px) Image search: [Google]
sealab-2021.jpg
97KB, 1440x750px
>>34374034
i was really into sealab 2021 when i was a kid.

at some point around 2003 i was looking at the sealab background i had on my computer and i thought "2021 is so far away, i doubt that i'll even remember that i watched this show on adult swim, i'll be in my 30s, might even be married"

well, here i am, fifteen years after i posted my first sealab entry to a post your background thread. still shitposting on forums about sealab
>>
>>34376517
Most people would be better off as simple laborers desu. Education is a Jewish trick to weaken western civilization.
>>
File: GODDAMNIT.jpg (126KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
GODDAMNIT.jpg
126KB, 452x308px
>grew up with web dev dad and private coach mom
>web dev before it's really even a thing
>private coach pulling $75/hr in 90s money
>divorced, but live within five minutes of each other, hang out all the time, and share custody more or less evenly
>have no difficulty in anything, coast through school in gifted program, literally can point at stuff in store no matter price and go "mine"
>grandma gets sick, mom divests from all savings including college fund keeping her alive, grandpa isn't helping
>stroke sends grandma back to her childhood mentally
>mom loses interest in sport, coasts for a while, develops alcoholism (or stops hiding it. not sure), eventually waits tables
>dad eventually joins web firm, mom joins too, both work from home
>grandma dies, savings have evaporated at this point
>dad apparently wasn't paying most agreed upon expenses (didn't find this out until I was 20) like health insurance and other funds
>somehow get massive grants for college, with about 25% of the remainder being loans
>study shit major, give up on it after a series of unfortunate events, pick even worse major.
>4 years, 21 years old, no degree
>long distance relationship
>distance closes, but essentially living in shell of a home
>somehow make it out after getting married
>have apartment, car, enough money to not go insane, but still effectively paycheck to paycheck
>tearing myself up inside about my own lack of motivation from never having to really try for anything
>wondering how to get back into school after having bad track record on loans and being out for six years.

halp :\
>>
>never been smart or wealthy
>only done stuff if i could make it comfy
>never had any solid goals or benchmarks to meet
life is great
>>
File: mfwrosmt.png (209KB, 568x468px) Image search: [Google]
mfwrosmt.png
209KB, 568x468px
>>34379097
You have no idea how much I envy and pity you.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.