[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that bible was a lie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: why-study-the-bible.jpg (102KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
why-study-the-bible.jpg
102KB, 849x565px
Does your family still try to force you to go to church every time you see them?
>>
>>34373900
When I was 16 I told my parents that catholisism was one bigass lie. They didnt care, they're Christians. Oh well.
>>
File: 1485213008756.jpg (52KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1485213008756.jpg
52KB, 500x330px
>>34373900
On average, how many times do you tip your fedora anon.
>>
>>34374215
not
an
argument

try again my good man.
>>
>>34373900
I was raised in an atheist house where we didn't even talk about religion so I was never christian/muslim/jewish/hindu or any of that other shit. It's actually pretty easy to figure out when you have no brainwashing at all.
>>
>>34373900
But it's not a lie, it's the people that exploit and use it to manipulate others that are liars.
>>
>>34374643
>Fedora tipping intesifies
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>34373900
I went from strict Catholic to hard core atheist when I was 17. I really regret it, it's been seven years and I can't get back into it.

>tfw no more comfy church friend groups
>don't want to wear a cross anymore
>force myself to believe
>basically lying to myself

It fucking sucks, in a way I ruined a part of my life. I felt so loved by God and hopeful for the afterlife....now it's just lonely nothing.
>>
>>34374750
yeah the only parts where they lie are when jesus does some impossible shit and whenever they mention god
>>
>>34374750
it's an arbitrary collection of letters and old texts written between 600 BC and 200 AD. In the 300's, a bunch of old roman farts decided to just accept the christianity in the empire but also wanted to standardize the doctrine so that the religion could be better controlled. From that desire came the bible

Not believing in the bible is babby tier though. Being a fedora tipper is like entry level nihilism
>>
>>34374877
It's not impossible if he's god, cmon that's just fundamental. Even if you don't believe in it just apply the logic at least, before you continue tipping the fedora
>>
>>34374979
why do i have to tip a fedora to think god doesn't exist
>>
>>34374917
>it's an arbitrary collection of letters and old texts written between 600 BC and 200 AD. In the 300's, a bunch of old roman farts decided to just accept the christianity in the empire but also wanted to standardize the doctrine so that the religion could be better controlled. From that desire came the bible

That's not how it happened. The old Testament were presented in scrolls even back in Jesus's Days that stretch back to the Kingdoms of Israel

. The new testament were from the accounts of the apostle's and most notably Saint Paul and Saint John.

What are you talking about
>>
When my parents used to have me pulled out of class whenever evolution or homosexuality was discussed, that's when I started getting suspicious. They didn't want me to "turn away from God", but all that did was make me suspicious of religion since they went out of their way to censor anything challenging it.
>>
>>34375029
Because every atheist sounds like a pretentious psued. It's ok not to believe in it, but then you always have to question the logic, as if God is a logical creature.

We all know doing a bunch of impossible shit is illogical, you don't have to point out the complete obvious to everyone that's completely aware of it, as if you're on to something, just to state your opinion.
>>
>>34375052
the old testament wasn't fully developed as a singular religious text at this point. Rather, it was chosen from a set of older religious texts (hence the 600 BC figure) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#Table

There were many hebrew religious texts and christian texts not chosen to be part of the biblical canon. In fact some of these can be seen in certain non-catholic canons

As for the gospels, they were actually written between 70 AD and 150 AD. You can look this up if you wish. People didn't know this until we started being able to do carbon dating, so that's why they're still attributed to their apostles. Now, most scholars attribute the books to communities that had some contact with the apostles as secondary and tertiary sources. They were writing the oral tradition that the apostles had given to them (and one of the reasons John is so different form the other gospels is that it was written much later). Scholars believe now that Paul's letters are actually some of the earliest surviving christian literature.

This is what you would learn in an introductory theology course from a non-fundamentalist sect of christianity.
>>
>>34374861
This, I find people need something extra to live for without it they rot away. The mussies seem super motivated by their's. Also 13:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g
>>
>>34374610
It means your making fun of non science based texts to puff up and go "look at me I'm so enlightened compared to (insert group here)" without realizing how they got there and alternate purposes it might serve. Basically a stuck up shit.
>>
>>34375339
>Posts wiki link
>Mention Catholicism as if the definitive form of Chrisianity
>Gospels written after those niggas that wrote it were probably dead somehow
>Implying the apostles didn't write what was written because they found it in a place....
>States some bullshit class on nothingness
What are you even talking about, everything you just said was just retard relative knowledge that has no actual significance at all. Even if you said was true, the whole point of the bible is to give perspective on God. You wanna be college drop out scholars always pander to the vague findings of other people, never having your own opinion about anything, just regurgitating what some other niggas hypothesis and speculations are, and using them to make yourself feel better about not having an actual understanding on anything
>>
>>34375648
>say what most actually biblical scholars except fundamentalists believe (fundamentalists don't understand science so trying to explain radiocarbon dating to them is an exercise in futility)

>REE YOU FUCKING IDIOT STOP USING FACTS WHY NOT COME UP WITH YOUR OWN BULLSHIT CRACKPOT THEORIES LIKE ME AND MY PASTOR?
I literally cited the accepted historical consensus among reasonable scholars, not just catholics, but also most protestant and eastern orthodox scholars as well. Just because you live in Bumfuck, Alabama or Edom, Utah and believe the earth is 5000 years old doesn't make your opinions as valid as actual research.
>>
>>34375785
>I literally cited the accepted historical consensus among reasonable scholars, not just catholics, but also most protestant and eastern orthodox scholars as well. Just because you live in Bumfuck, Alabama or Edom, Utah and believe the earth is 5000 years old doesn't make your opinions as valid as actual research.
>Citing bullshit about bullshit
Who cares you faggot.
>>
>>34375959
>has no argument other than an insult because he realizes he actually knows nothing about the history of biblical canon
>>
the bible is an allegory for retaining pineal and pituitary secretions causing increased dmt/serotonin release and renewing and activating brain cells through positive activities and thinking in life (light diet, sexual restriction, kindness etc see: virtues)
>>
>>34376051
>Just said half the shit in the bible is non canon
>Keeps trying to defend his bullshit opinions that aren't his
>>
I noticed that prayer does nothing when I was very young. By observing that prayer does nothing. I have never believed that miracles are possible in the present day. I always was open to the possibility that any idea or belief could be wrong. I never cared about sexual immorality. I had some sort of belief for a long time, but I have never held any religious beliefs that made any practical difference in my decisions. I stopped caring about what the Bible says at all about 10 years ago, when I went to college. Religion has a funny way of falling apart like wet tissue paper when dissenting ideas are considered.
>>
I'm an Atheist, the thing is I wish angels and shit were real because that shit would be cool as shit, sadly I don't wish it enough to delude myself into thinking characters in storybooks are real when people damn near risked mental illness to make them seem possible.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.