[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here ultra paranoid about what they're downloading,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1479088070447.png (1MB, 1587x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1479088070447.png
1MB, 1587x1600px
Is anyone here ultra paranoid about what they're downloading, visiting, the information they're giving away ? I can't bring myself to stop, I always feel like I'm making mistakes... And I can't stop going on /g/ either. Why am I like this ?
>>
yes. i still use google because it's just too convenient, but other than that i'm not using any botnet spyware crap like social media. /g/ even memed me into trying out linux, i actually like it a lot, and it's not spying on me, so that's a plus
>>
>>34368675
I actually fell for that whole propaganda regarding GNU/Linux too... It's pretty nice in the end, I'm happy with using Linux, but there's always that feeling that you're obviously going to make a mistake one day, and on Linux it means a big one.
>>
>>34368738
i haven't had anything really mess anything up that i couldn't fix so far, and i'm pretty new to it all. the worst thing i ever did was mess up something with lightdm, but i fixed it pretty easily. i have backups of everything important so i'm not really worried even if it does fuck up
>>
>>34368849
Yeah, /g/ and their backups. They actually made me buy an USB drive to store the most important data I have. You're right though, most things are easy to fix once you've searched a couple times.

What distro do you use ? I'm suddenly feeling curious.
>>
>>34368984
just xubuntu, i haven't tried any of the arch distros yet, i need to learn more before i mess around with them
>>
I started browsing /g/ a year ago and now I program, own a ThinkPad, am proficient in Linux, and am extremely careful about data collection.
>>
>>34369104
I tried Xubuntu, but it didn't suit me very well. I'm currently using Mint as it does everything I need, plus it's based on Ubuntu so it's perfect. I plan on using Arch too in the future, however it didn't seem so hard to use, just very complex.

>>34369206
>ThinkPad
They really turned us into monsters, didn't they ?
>>
File: 12414112317.png (102KB, 416x475px) Image search: [Google]
12414112317.png
102KB, 416x475px
>>34368552
I used to, now I just don't give a fuck. If you're really paranoid but don't wanna let go of that Windows OS or that Chrome browser, just block sites from setting cookies, put -incognito at the end of the shortcut, download CCleaner (it's free) and analyze & wipe anything chrome-related 3 times with it. Werks 4 me.

>normie gives you flash drive
>use recuva on it
>dig up everything they ever thought they deleted

normies, they never learn
>>
>>34369260
Honestly my T420 is one of the best purchase decisions I have ever made. If I didn't play video games I wouldn't even own a desktop.
>>
>>34369288
The whole "block cookies, ads and script queries" thingy is a must, now. I use uBlock Origin and uMatrix, it does the job well. When I was still on Windows, however, I think CCleaner and Malwarebytes were my best friends against paranoia.

Did you ever find something worth it, with recuva ?
>>
>>34369429
I'm sure there's better recovery software out there, though I've recovered images (mostly) in mint condition.
>>
>>34369403
ThinkPads are comfy, why would anyone blame you ?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.