[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create music but have no idea how. How to starving artist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Gapers M83 7.jpg (187KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
Gapers M83 7.jpg
187KB, 500x444px
I want to create music but have no idea how.

How to starving artist?
>>
Practice every day
>>
the cries of dying normies are the most beautiful music
>>
>>34367463
I just get daft punk anymore
>>
>>34367463
Some say that you don't have to learn music theory to make music; you just need a laptop. Those are usually the same "artists" who sit in their basements releasing remix after remix on their soundcloud profiles, expecting to be the next Deadmau5, ignoring the fact that all electronic artists who made it big have musical training.

Learning to play the piano will supply you with an understand of music theory that other instruments won't. Feel free to dabble in music software if you wish, but learn to play an actual instrument primarily.
>>
>>34367744
This. It's a process that requires patience and understanding. Take up some piano lessons somewhere for 30 minutes a week. Do this for 3 months. It's a long road before you make anything that you like, but it's worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>34367744
piano is almost too easily laid out

learning theory on something like a guitar is actually more challening and productive in the long urn
>>
>>34367744
Piano is probably the best instrument known to man tbqh. Everybody who says they want to be good at music should learn on it
>>
>>34367744
non-musician pleb who never learned any instrument here, why should you go for a real piano over just playing on a keyboard? is this the same kind of mystification of physical things that people who tell you you should learn drawing on pen and paper instead of on a tablet when there's no actual difference?
>>
>>34367861

A guitar is just a piano arranged differently. Every chord can that can be played on one can be played exactly the same on a guitar.
>>
Real answer, download OpenMPT and check out songs from the ModArchive. I did this about a year ago and I'm pretty proficient at cranking out tunes.

You should give it a go.
>>
>>34367931
I'm much more interested in being a legitimate musician. I'll probably purchase a keyboard soon and start to practice vocals. Ultimately I want to combine real instruments and electronic music but I'm assuming that learning to create electronic music after "real" music is much easier than the other way around.
>>
>>34367976
I combine electronic music and "Real" music all day every day. I've got a 250$ digital yamaha keyboard hooked up that I play over music I've created with a korg electribe 2. Works well and scratches the itch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.