[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Game romances

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

File: tali__zorah_by_brinx2-d5k52h0.jpg (110KB, 744x1075px) Image search: [Google]
tali__zorah_by_brinx2-d5k52h0.jpg
110KB, 744x1075px
What kind of characters do you tend to go for in video game romances? I mean visual novels based on dating usually have the same character archetypes. Who have you romanced in video games?
>>
I usually try to romance every character in a game just to experience it but I've fallen hard for Curie from Fo4.

She's just so innocent and her romantic lines are incredibly emotional. Not to mention her french accent makes me want wish she were my wife IRL

How do I find her in 3d? S-she's out there somewhere. R-right guys?
>>
>>34351652
Human or Robo Curie?
>>
File: wojacked.png (107KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojacked.png
107KB, 633x758px
>MFW there will never be a sequel to Dragon Age Origins
>MFW will never have a Morrigan tsundere romance IRL
>>
>>34351964
This

I loved dragon age origins all the other dragon ages sucked. I literally fell in love with Morrigan. I wore the ring she gave me all game long.
>>
>>34351964
>tfw they didn't go the route of keeping Dragon Age as a tactical dark fantasy RPG with elements of both realism and high fantasy in a dark, bloody, violent world
>They didn't keep the same characters that you see evolve and grow even more
>There will never be characters as gripping again.
>>
>>34352033
I actually liked DAI's characters. DAI had so much potential and I thought it was pretty good, just not great. Could've been a proper successor if all the dev time poured into the pointless open world was spent one the main story.
>>
>>34351964
Miranda from mass effect is kind of like Morrigan from DA

I fell for both desu
>>
>>34352058
Yeah they're great characters, better than most games, I just dont get the same feeling as I did with Origins' characters, they were like a fucked up family, they were my guys. No games have ever made me like have the same feeling I had when the credits rolled as Origins and ME1 + 2 did.

I think Inquisitions story and characters were great, I only had two complains in that Corypheus kind of came off like a bitch, he started to lose over and over, he needed at least one more victory to help build him up. Have him wreck a major city like Denerim or something, and the other complaint is that its too short. If you throw out all the open world shit, the story is only like 15 hours long.

Gameplay wise I like how the tried to make it a bit more strategic than DA2 and less animu, character creator was amazing, war table stuff was cool, the dialogue wheel is probably the best instance of the wheel they've had but still unfitting for Dragon Age, its just the open world grindy MMO style side quests were so unneeded and that was most of the game.
>>
>Dragon Age: Origins: Leliana
>Dragon Age 2: Merrill
>Dragon Age Inquisition: Cassandra
>Origins Replay: Zevran
>2 Replay: Isabela
>Inquisition Replay: Iron Bull
>Fallout 4: Piper
>Mass Effect: Ashley Williams
>Mass Effect 2: Jack
>Mass Effect 3: Jack
>Stardew Valley: Leah

From games that I remember. I don't see a pattern really. Rate them if you want.
>>
I fucking hate that Bioware is now full of retard SJWs, their games will never be good again. Feels so bad man, playing through DAO for the first time is one of my fondest memories.

I romanced Morrigan and loved it, could definitely relate to her feelings as an outcast from society.
>>
Luis in Resident Evil 4. RIP, I wish I could have saved you.
>>
File: IMG_3290.jpg (184KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3290.jpg
184KB, 1024x1024px
rise is best gril
originally of course
>>
>>34351212
I go for the ones most people don't want to go for
Tori in Rune Factory
Visas Marr in KotoR II
Rinkah and Setsuna in FE: Fates Birthright
I really wanted to be with Rose of Sharon Cassidy in New Vegas, but that damn game cucked me out of that waifu
>>
>>34351212
the ones where they like each other
>>
File: 1452672826cq_emergentbehavior4.jpg (23KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
1452672826cq_emergentbehavior4.jpg
23KB, 640x362px
>>34351932
Synth Curie.

Miss Nanny curie is equally as cute but she wanted to be human so that's how she is in my game.

I get jealous when I read other posts of anons who like her
>>
the characters in video games i find attractive i will not mention because it's embarrassing, they were mostly underage because i was underage back when i played video games the most, i had a crush on most characters

my absolute waifu forever and ever is L A I N

when it comes to visual novels, rin and hanako changed my life when i was young
>>
>>34352274
Not a bad list, anon. I'll add a few and remove the ones I didn't play

>Dragon Age: Origins: Morrigan
>Dragon Age Inquisition: Cassandra
>Fallout 4: Curie
>Mass Effect: Ashley Williams
>Mass Effect 2: Tali
>Mass Effect 3: Tali
>Stardew Valley: Abigail
Persona 3: Aigis
Persona 4: Naoto
>>
i went for miranda in mass effect because that fucking ass
>>
File: Josephine.png (290KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
Josephine.png
290KB, 500x325px
>>34353104
>>34352274
Am I the only one that likes Josephine? Her voice is so cute
>>
File: Cassie.png (260KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cassie.png
260KB, 640x360px
>>34353155
She came in second place for me. Cassandra was just so pure. When you tell her she's pretty she doesn't believe you, and for some reason that got me.
>>
>>34351212
>Mordin Solus will never want me
>>
File: waifus complete.jpg (722KB, 1077x1077px) Image search: [Google]
waifus complete.jpg
722KB, 1077x1077px
Generally I like chaste, dark women. By "dark" I mean the personality/mentality. I suppose there are exceptions though. I like women with a strong and independent spirit, but who aren't too masculine. I like them to have a tender side.

I hate sluts.
>>
>>34351964
>>MFW will never have a Morrigan tsundere romance IRL

I wasn't ready for these feels.
>>
>>34353823
You will never be ready
>>
>>34353155
I felt she was too.. vanilla? I dunno if it was because she wasn't a companion but she was just too nice too boring, she kind of reminded me of Bethany from DA2, all I can think about her is that she's nice... and thats it. She's a bit of a busy-body too I guess?
>>
>>34352352
They used to create completely well rounded and well written characters that were deep and had lives of their own. Now they write characters to appeal. They create tropes and stereotypes so they make sure to tick all the boxes. The character's main traits now are their race, gender and sexuality. Remember Samantha Traynor and Steve Cortez from ME3? Can you tell me anything about them except that they're gay?

That's what it's become. The irony of it is, Morrigan and Leliana and Wynne are all strong female characters, Leliana and Zevran were good examples of LGBT representation, Zevran was a person of colour too. They all had that shit in there already.

If Origins were written today, Zevran and Leliana's sexuality would be the main thing about them.
>>
Nine the Phantom is very much so the maximum waifu. She's a cunt immortal elementalist that has a demon pet. Ily Konoe.
>>
>>34353104
From that list I'd say the pattern for you is girls with short, dark hair. You also seem to like either the super shy girls, or the super tough, aggressive girls.
>>
Best characters are the ones where you have to work for to befriend, the ones who's icy exterior you have to pierce and you melt their frosty heart.
>>
>>34351212
>Dragon age origins: Leliana because you can't romance morrigan as a female character, though I did romance her on my second playthrough
>Dragon age 2: Merril
>Dragon age Inquisition: Sera even though she did look like an orc
>Mass effect: didn't romance anyone
>Mass effect 2: Kelly Chambers
>Mass effect 3: Samantha Traynor
>ME second playthrough: Ashley
>ME 2 second playthrough: Miranda
>ME 3 second playthrough: I had a really difficult time deciding between Miranda and Ashley

I don't really see a common theme amongst them though.
>>
>>34354516
Poor you for romancing Kelly Chambers, really left out in the dark for that one when it came to ME3.
>>
>>34354516
Oh and the theme just seems to be the only lesbian romance option available.
>>
J O R D I S
best housecarl - best wife

Lydia is SHIT
>>
File: 2aba944cbd3ce3a1eb304d1f849adbe3.png (654KB, 1014x858px) Image search: [Google]
2aba944cbd3ce3a1eb304d1f849adbe3.png
654KB, 1014x858px
Dominant, student council president-type characters, but considering Japan makes the dominant part of that a lot more elusive than it should be, I usually settle with girls that have a life outside of being a moeblob for your convience, like Rin in Katawa Shoujo.
>>
>>34354715
Yeah, I was pretty pissed off at the way that turned out.
>>
>>34353509
>tfw all your first choices are never romances
>tfw you pretty much confess your love for them and they're just like 'ok'
>meanwhile any nice thing you say to potential romance options causes them to fall in love with you.
>>
>>34355168
I was sore about Wrex, too, desu
and Bakara
>>
File: 1322531485272.jpg (39KB, 600x766px) Image search: [Google]
1322531485272.jpg
39KB, 600x766px
>tfw your taste in waifus start to resemble your oneitis
>>
>there was never a gay option for Garrus
Why even live?
>>
>>34355296
>ME1 - Wrex
>ME2 - Kasumi and Samara
>ME3 - James, Javik, EDI
>Joker for all 3
>Origins - Sten
>Awakening - Nathaniel and Sigrun
>DA2 - Varric
>Inquisition - Varric and Cole
>Fallout 4 - NICK VALENTINE
>>
Skyrim: Aela the Huntress
Witcher 3: Triss best girl
>>
>>34355748
>EDI

Holy shit. I had forgotten about her. EDI is 10/10 waifu material.
>>
>>34355673
I thought there was an option if you play as female?
>>
>>34355795
This.

Jennefer is bitchy as fuck, why would Gerald let himself be bossed around like that? She becomes a little more amicable later on though at least, but still annoying
>>
>>34351212
I managed to get a gf a few years ago and broke up with her after 3-4 months cause she could never live up to my girl Tali
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.