[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get good at chess?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3366.jpg (88KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3366.jpg
88KB, 800x680px
How do I get good at chess?
>>
play a lot and learn some of the basics, en passant, castle. stuff like that. play short games, like a few minutes to make your move before your forfeit like 2-3 minutes otherwise games will drag on for fucking ever
>>
File: 1465789582350.jpg (299KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465789582350.jpg
299KB, 1200x1000px
>>34348889
>How do I get good at chess?

1)start HRT
2) become a girl
3) seduce master chess player Magnus Carlsen
4) force him to teach you using the art of cum denial
>>
>>34348889
practice and study professionals
>>
honestly, have a great memory. it's a stupid fucking game that's all about memorizing moves. all you have to do is memorize shit. it's not for smart people. it's for people with the ability to memorize plays and sequences.
>>
>>34349135
What if you teach me how to play chess instead, cute.
>>
>>34348889
Be not stupid
>>
>>34348889
>How do I get good at chess?

Why bother? You'll never be good enough to beat a computer at chess.

It's pointless.
>>
File: 61JWXWSqblL.jpg (99KB, 664x1096px) Image search: [Google]
61JWXWSqblL.jpg
99KB, 664x1096px
>>34348889
There are plenty of books on the subject which you could study.
>>
>>34348889
Learn how to hold the center of the board, gives you more openings with just a single move. Look before you bite... the name of the game is to pick the very best move, whilst attempting to put the king in checkmate.

Best way to check mate is to place a piece that can put a king in check, as well as making it so the piece can not be taken by the king. Be mindful of having a game end in a stalemate, whereby you do not provide the opponent's king any legal move (blocked pawns, and bordered king pieces will do that).

If you have good mirror reading skills, you can cheat by playing as black against your opponent, while playing white against a hard computer in another chess client. You just copy you opponent's moves and play the computers reactions back.
>>
>>34348889
Playing
originalamovientooriginal
>>
>>34348889
https://en.lichess.org/training/62158

You can also try these checkmate puzzles, some of them require you to take a high value piece.

A wrong move is considered a lose though in a real game of chess.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.