[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study methods thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1408043079040.jpg (112KB, 764x938px) Image search: [Google]
1408043079040.jpg
112KB, 764x938px
Do any uni robots have good methods for studying and self discipline? I'm constantly bored and depressed but all I do is lie around all day whilst exams approach and I end up doing everything in the last minute. Whenever I try to sit down and do work in good time, it's literally impossible to collect my thoughts and I end up here again
>>
>>34344973
It's not impossible. You just lack discipline faggot.
>>
You're going to have more than enough time to NEET it up in the Uni break after, just study

I dont' really have any method, I just get all the notes and lectures and immerse myself in it like 8 hrs a day for 2 weeks before exams after doing fuck all all semester and it works for me - No phones, no computers, just do those questions over and over again
>>
Do you really want to be there?
>>
>>34345014
I know. How do I fix it?
>>
File: 1484601604271.jpg (53KB, 604x574px) Image search: [Google]
1484601604271.jpg
53KB, 604x574px
Might as well ask here. I made a thread on /adv/ earlier but only got 1 reply.

What method do you guys use to study? I need to read A LOT of things in the next 2 months. I read reasonably fast and can understand and memorize the main ideas of what I've read. The problem is that I forget some details in after 1 or 2 weeks and I need to know those details.
>>
>>34345034
There's no uni break for me here, new semester starts right after my exam
>>
>>34344973
>>34345209
Turn off the computer, unless you're doing research but research should be done as soon as you get an assignment.
In the case that the computer is on, don't have any unnecessary windows open, no 4chan, no obscure fetishist websites, no music, nothing.
Try to minimize distractions where ever you can.
You have a window you can look out of? Shut the blinds.
People bothering you in the dorms or wherever you're studying? Go to a quite library.
Etc.
>>
>>34345379
just non-stop school?
>>
work for a bit then take a short break. Also reward yourself. Weed works as a reward for me. Alternatively you can kill yourself
>>
>>34345503
Of course. My problem is that i'll do all that but my thoughts literally can't collect unless deadline is just around the corner and the stress kicks in
>>
>>34345503
Forgot to add that with deadlines, try to establish a deadline with a professor, tell him or her that you will have a draft for them to look at 3-4 days before you really need to start working on the essay, assignment or whatever.
>>34345565
Don't push yourself using the absolute deadline, it just causes you to make some big mistakes on your assignment.
Also, try talking to your professors more, that way it's a bit more personal when you set up a deadline for a draft with them, you wouldn't want to disappoint them, right?
This has worked for me, but I can't say the same for you.
>>
>>34345643
We don't work with drafts here but thanks for the advice anyway
>>
>>34345695
What kind of assignments are they?
>>
>>34345707
Currently i'm preparing for an oral exam on thursday
>>
>>34345725
I would still recommend talking with your professor anyways, that always helps.
Try to ask for further advice and shit like that.
Never leave questions you may have unanswered.
>>
>>34345209
Don't do it all at once, learn to break it up. Set a timer and read for 30mins-1hour then set a timer and take a 30min-1hour break (how ever long you read for) do this until you finish reading it, once you're done reading whatever it is repeat this. Don't do this all day obviously, figure out how long a day you need to read to have read it 3-4 time before your test day or whatever and divide your time that way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.