[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies often confuse self-confidence with blind narcissism,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: tfw__.png (31KB, 372x300px) Image search: [Google]
tfw__.png
31KB, 372x300px
Normies often confuse self-confidence with blind narcissism, and then acknowledge each other "wow, that's a confident guy".
It's very absurd.
>>
You should probably include what you think the difference is, if you want to avoid misunderstandings.
>>
>>34337164
>going to a job interview
>employer tells me he cant tell if i am really sel-confident or just arrogant
>>
>>34337164
differentiate the two for us then OP
>>
>>34337164
holy fuck I hate the way you write, it's just dripping with reddit pseudo-intellectualism
>>
>>34337185
>>34337216
The narcissists' primary aim in life is to show others how superior they are, and they constantly crave and seek admiration from others. When narcissists receive the admiration they desire so badly, they feel proud and elated. But when they don't get the attention they crave, they feel ashamed and may even react with anger and aggression.

People with high self-esteem, on the other hand, are satisfied with themselves and do not feel a sense of superiority over others. Instead, they perceive themselves as valuable individuals, but not more valuable than others.
>>
File: 1484497759155.png (156KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484497759155.png
156KB, 1000x1000px
>>34337275
Pardon me for my extraordinary intellect.
>>
>>34337420
So you are more of a narcissist then, right?
>>
>>34337164
>>34337420
I found the more self confident I was, the less I started hating normies and the people I thought were narcissistic were indeed just self confident. It was my own insecurity that manufactured my hate for them.
>>
>>34337420
>People with high self-esteem, on the other hand, are satisfied with themselves and do not feel a sense of superiority over others. Instead, they perceive themselves as valuable individuals, but not more valuable than others.

That is just some ideological nonsense.

It is entirely possible to be a confident narcissist. You can have esteem yourself highly and still have the narcissistic craving for approval.
>>
I always consider confidence to exist in a purely physical sense, as in the person simply does something well and with a clear understanding of what they're doing (like expertly fixing a broken appliance or something) confidence is actually witnessed by a third party or has a tangible result that isn't achieved through trial-and-error or blind luck.

Narcissism is simply a person confusing trial-and-error or luck based results with skill or competency and therefore believing that they are good at something.
>>
>>34337489
>It is entirely possible to be a confident narcissist.

This point needs to be emphasized more mostly because of the other side of the coin. Raging narcissists that aren't confident at all. Basically a lot of robots.
>>
File: 1280px-Venn0001.svg.png (60KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Venn0001.svg.png
60KB, 1280x933px
>>34337489
They can overlap, but they don't have to.
>>
>>34337275
>holy fuck I hate the way you write, it's just dripping with reddit pseudo-intellectualism
Pfuh, how is framing a person such as OP in this particular way helpful or necessary? Are you so insecure about your cognitive capabilities that you have to rant to every well-spoken individual you happen to see on this very board?

I think you shouldn't participate in these kind of threads if you are spooked by people outperforming you intellectually.
>>
>>34337507
Well narcissism is basically just an addictive relationship to the pleasant feeling you get when you receive approval.

Just about everyone who isn't some detached hermit philosopher will act narcissistically some times.
>>
>>34337556
To me the feeling I get, when I receive approval is never pleasant. I somehow feel ashamed because most of the actions I get approval for aren't that much of a deal for me. But the really hard earned achievements won't be recognized.
I often get compliments for being even though I did nothing, sometimes I was also quiet. I have the reputation to the smartest person many people know even at the university. But that is bullshit! The expectations were too high, I failed at life and am now a depressed low life idiot, trying to survive by freelance programming and researching in solid state physics. It kinda works, but there aren't any valuable results produced by my research. I live in isolation, my life happens between computer screens, muffle furnaces and X-ray diffractometers. I am lonely, no matter how confident I am about my skills. Every compliment I get seems to raise the expectations, that's why I avoid people. The only people let into my life are way dumber than me, so I can calm my mind, because who doesn't achieve anything, shouldn't have any expectations. But my mind rots, because of them. I hate my life.
>>
>>34337973
please consider suicide.
it hurts to read so much self-entitled shit.
>>
>>34338037
thanks for the advice.
but how am I self-entitled? I don't want to be considered the smartest or shit like that. There are people way smarter than me telling me I'm more intelligent than they are, which is of course bullshit. I guess it is a tactic to fuck with me somehow.
>>
File: 1484179964220.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
1484179964220.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>34337164
>very absurd.

You no longer have the right to post the two intelligent meme
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.