[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to talk to someone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1472226569832.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472226569832.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
I need to talk to someone
>>
>>34334042
I'm here for you, famalam. Talk your problems away
>>
>>34334063
The isolation I subjected myself to during my teens and early 20s has permanently damaged my ability to communicate and articulate myself with another person
>>
>>34334127
Why did you isolate yourself in the first place?
>>
>>34334154
fear, around 13/14 just as I hit puberty I began to fear being looked at as a loser by others
If anyone laughed my heart would sink and I would begin to panic inside and sweat profusely on the outside
Before then I was mostly a loner who kept to myself and my work but I believe puberty, the sudden awareness of my social standing and how people perceived me, was where everything headed downhill
>>
>>34334127
I doubt it's permanent. Why not practice in solitude? Have conversations by yourself out loud, mimick ones you see on movies/show/books, etc. Just train up your acting chops. Unless your problem is finding the words to express your thoughts. In that case, read.
>>
>>34334042
you could practice by talking to other anons too. robots seem to be conversational with other robots in general
>>
>>34334042
Let me add you on discord OP
>>
>>34334199

It physically hurt to read that
>>
>>34334199
I think the very first thing you need to do, if you haven't already, is overcome that fear. I don't know your age or what you're doing with your life. I hope you don't consider yourself a loser nowadays, but if you do, you should fix that.

Other than that, you really need to go outside, anon.

I'm not telling to talk to random girls or guys. Try to find something you're interested in, like learning how to play a musical instrument or learning a different language. It's a good alternative to start socializing again. You'll come across assholes, retards, cunts, fags, and people who are alright. It's all good, since you need the skills to deal with all sorts of people.

At last, it's perfectly fine being a loner if you actually enjoy that. But you'll feel better with yourself if you're a loner by choice, not by circunstances.
>>
>>34334199
I feel you. I thought this way myself. Being insecure after living as a hermit and out of touch with the social norm and being thoroughly careful with how people perceived me.

But then I stopped caring. Things are much easier if you just say fuck it. It literally is "just be yourself" it's no meme. Just be yourself. Don't mind anything that currently bothers you. Don't worry about it or what you did. Don't think about what others might think about you. Don't stress it. Just say fuck it and be carefree. And be yourself.

Why should you care what others may think about you? All that matters is you and your own happiness. Don't bring yourself down to their level, to their standards. Live your life as you want to. Fuck it. The world is yours. Own it.
>>
>>34334298
>I think the very first thing you need to do, if you haven't already, is overcome that fear.

I think this impossible now due to how nihilistic and complacent I've become with it. I don't actually believe the fear is grounded in irrationality, just like the fear I would feel crossing a busy road with no stop-lights
>>
>>34334210
It's not the same, though I still do that
>>
>>34334127

Ticket #231231 of "unoriginal mental problem"

take a seat. Your crazy medicine is being prepared.
>>
>>34334359
>I don't actually believe the fear is grounded in irrationality, just like the fear I would feel crossing a busy road with no stop-lights
the fear could be justified (people can be cunts) but the difference is that a bad social interaction won't actually kill you. you can practice, with non-lethal consequences, and you can probably improve.
>>
>>34334359
I get that, unfortunately. You still seem to dislike being like that. Do you have anyone close to you who would be willing to motivate you strongly enough to start with it? If so asking them is worth a shot.
>>
>>34334384
It won't kill me but it has a serious, tangible effect on me mentally that is almost painful which is what caused me to avoid it all together in the first place
>>
>>34334359
>I think this impossible now due to how nihilistic and complacent I've become with it.
I do not think it is. At the very least you should work on minimizing that fear. It has been unresolved for years and put you where you are now, anon. It's time to deal with it. You might not completly overcome it, but I believe you really should try to reduce it. As things are, your fear will continue to hinder your ability to socialize, anon.
>>
>>34334388
>Do you have anyone close to you who would be willing to motivate you strongly enough to start with it?
No
>>
>>34334492
>you really should try to reduce it.
I've been around people for years, forced to participate in social events. The best that can happen is an increased tolerance of it but it doesn't decrease.
>>
>>34334451
this is a legitimate response but what is the exact fear that you have? what do you fear the other person might do an what do you fear you will experience mentally when they do it?
>>
>>34334597
I fear that I will be looked down upon, laughed at, insulted and maybe even physical confrontation.
>>
File: i feel you.jpg (2KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
i feel you.jpg
2KB, 125x70px
>>34334042
Hey Anon I am basically you.
Exact same situation.

I just don't how to find communicate with people.

Most attempt end with people correctly assuming some secluded autism bot.

But it'll get better and at least you got us jackasses
>>
>>34334655
what would they be doing these things for? just because you're awkward?

aside from a physical confrontation which is highly unlikely if you're not talking to drunk or crazy people, what is the worst case scenario if someone looks down upon, laughs at or insults you?
>>
>>34334707
>what is the worst case scenario if someone looks down upon, laughs at or insults you?

That is the worst case scenario, I feel like shit, which doesn't feel good, which is why I avoid it.
It's simply heightened for me compared to others (panic inside, sweating, feeling unwell, even stomach pains)
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.