[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/philosophy/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Arthur.jpg (34KB, 198x282px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur.jpg
34KB, 198x282px
What insights have you found lately? Anything that helped cope with your condition?

St. Augustine's pessimism is comforting in a strange way. Humans are all shitty, society is doomed to be shitty and unjust, its not all my fault and we don't have to beat ourselves up over our own failures.

And was pic related the first robot?
>>
stop riding schopenhauers dick
let me guess - nietzche is your second favorite?

i don't have a condition to cope with. today was a really really happy day and i jumped out of bed screaming happily and jumping about XDD

also st augustine confessions is a good read
>>
>>34330755

https://youtu.be/9RMHHwJ9Eqk

I found this just a few days ago. Fucking works wonders on stress and general dysphoria.
>>
File: flowers.jpg (65KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
flowers.jpg
65KB, 500x660px
i recommend seneca :) !

>it makes me sad how people are familiar with marcus aurelius, yet they fail to recognize or appreciate Seneca. i love you forever Seneca!
>>
>>34330755
i read plato's symposium and nearly pooed myself
now i'm reading the republic and i like it also
>>
>>34330825
let me guess, you're favorite philosopher is camus

same.
>>
>>34330825
>stop riding Schopenhauer's dick

All I said about him was asking if he was the first robot, that is it. Few others are good contenders in my view, didn't say anything about the quality of his work.
>>
>>34330825
Spastic autism is what that is. Coping. Not thinking.
>>
File: eyes.png (55KB, 447x163px) Image search: [Google]
eyes.png
55KB, 447x163px
>>34330755
I enjoy philosophy but I actively avoid reading any major works because I don't like any conclusions that I haven't drawn myself.

So many people have so many opposing strong beliefs that have convincing arguments for their validity and it's just so subjective that I'd rather form my belief system on my own experience rather than that of someone else, no matter how smart they may be.

I have been pushing myself to be more optimistic however, lately. I had fallen into a very nihilistic/pessimistic rut and begun to self pity a great deal which was just making things worse and providing no solutions. So I've dropped that and moved back towards optimistic realism and only allowing myself to think/feel things that are productive

If anyone asks, I'm doing excellently and anything lacking in my life is due to my own faults that I have not yet remedied
>>
How come you all haven't gotten to the point where you need to make the decision between nihilism and fantasy? Because that's the endgame of philosophy. Truth can't be proven, so either you accept the lack of truth or you make some shit up.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.
>>
File: 1485019348330.jpg (74KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1485019348330.jpg
74KB, 400x387px
>>34330755
Grandpappy Schopen is always good, but I don't think he meets the more recent rigid redefinitions of what a robot is. Everybody's always arguing over what constitutes a robot and whatnot. Besides, Schopey fucked them right in the pussies. He fucked various vaginae in his time, even if he did resent women overall.

He was an anti-natalist, an anti-semite, a misogynist, and a philosophical advocate for animal welfare. Almost exclusively all things that most laypeople these days are seemingly (in my opinion) opposed to, openly or otherwise.
>>
I've recently been recommended to read some of Sartre's works. Which are his best?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.