[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

be honest, did you listen to slipknot?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: slipknot.jpg (163KB, 900x900px)
slipknot.jpg
163KB, 900x900px
be honest, did you listen to slipknot?
>>
Of course I did. Why would I be embarrassed about that?
>>
no, i don't know who they are.
>>
>>34330112
I still do, I like them a lot.
>>
Nope, because I hung out with people that did and they're all massive faggots
>>
>>34330133
Because they're fucking lame?
>>
Yes but only the first 2 albums.
>>
>>34330893
If you're almost 30 and are into your 4000th layer of irony/toupee man worship.
>>
>>34330112
Corey Taylor & co are pretty talented desu, Slipknot and Stone Sour (and by an extent Linkin Park, Skillet, Three Days Grace etc) would be much more listenable if the lyrics weren't so direct and cringy, while maybe a direct approach to lyrics can trigger higher emotional reliability, i think only teenagers can truly take them seriously, adults need something a lot more subtle and open for it.
Another thing that would make me listen to them was maybe actually using that talent and instead of creating quality music of the same style everytime, create something different and experiment a little, take risks and such, instead they pander to a smaller but very loyal audience, and the music being equal to fanservice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSjUb-aRloY
>>
File: giygas.jpg (17KB, 244x206px)
giygas.jpg
17KB, 244x206px
push my fiNGERS INTO MY

EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>34330935
Oh no did my opinion hurt your fee fees?
>>
>>34330112
PSYCHOSOCIAL. PSYCHOSOCIAL. PSYCHOSOCIAL.
>>
>>34331232
Librul TEARS for the hotdog god.

I actually live in New Jersey, I'll fucking eat your children
>>
/r9k/ Theme

PEOPLE = SHIT
>>
>>34331370
>eat your children
Feel free to give it a try faggot.
>>
>>34330112
Yes. I still do.
>>
Of course!
I didn't appreciate them untill i got older though.
>>
No, I preferred A Tribe Called Quest.
>>
>>34331443
Maybe when you're weak and let your guard down. Or your bank account, or even when you are weaker than that. Like now.
>>
Hell yeah I did. They're still in my library. Nobody has heard their early shit, and it's miles away from your average slipknot song. If only they stayed weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDed5zAjE8
>>
File: 1484551000248.gif (2MB, 350x196px)
1484551000248.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>34330112
Yeah, and I still do sometimes. I didn't 'outgrow' them, because I always really did like them. Mostly their first four albums, especially the second and third ones. Gehenna's intro riff is so fucken good. It reminds me of something from Alicia in Chains. All Hope Is Gone is probably their greatest work, and this is coming from somebody who listened to them since they were known by another name. Their newest album was extremely disappointing to me. Let's make Slipknot great again.

I did think it was silly of their frontman to openly state that nobody can both like Slipknot AND Trump. Such stupid virtue-signaling garbage. I don't say that because I worship the pussy-grabbing guy either, (I don't, he's just a person as flawed as any other) I just don't mindlessly despise him like a partisan goon. In any case, despite Taylor's douchy claim that you can't like both, I do, so fuck you, Corey.
>>
Robot theme song
https://youtu.be/Wz1fd5q-gQI
>>
>>34331493
Got means to travel to Chicago? I'll meet you at my favorite tacorita place and we can hash this out.
>>
>>34330112
When I was younger, yes.
>>
>>34330112
Never. But I was attracted to people who did, and I wish I was able to express that without being embarrassed.
>>
>>34330112
Yeah. I just listened to Subliminal Verses and it's a lot better than I remember it being.
>>
>>34330112
Yeah, when I was in middle school. I wasn't as into them as my sister was, though.
>>
>>34330112

yep i did, i thought psychosocial was pretty good
>>
>>34332281
that percussion section with the guitars muted then they ease back into the mix towards the end is mint usedesu
>>
>>34330112
I did when I was in middle school, like 16 years ago, there were some decent songs. Any decent albums\songs made since?
>>
>>34332444
if it was that long ago then you probably heard the self-titled and maybe Iowa
Iowa and Subliminal Verses seem like the common favourites amongst most fans
All Hope Is Gone seem universally hated but it's my favourite easily
Gehenna sounds like old school Slipknot slightly updated at that time (2008)
good stuff
>>
>>34332568
Cheers! I'll give it a go since I'm only listening to old stuff nowadays.
>>
>>34330112
used to
they sound boring for the most part now

>>34331511
>Nobody has heard their early shit, and it's miles away from your average slipknot song. If only they stayed weird.
To me it's probably their best release.
>>
Not really, I was never a fan of nu metal.
>>
>>34330112
No I like bands that aren't faggots and have actual talent
>>
Yes when I was a young teen in high school. I'm very embarrassed by it. I remember I woukd wear a slipknot t-shirt almost every day along with a slipknot hoodie and belt buckle. I stopped liking them around my junior year when my music taste completely changed.
>>
I FELT THE HATE RISE UP IN ME
>>
It was all I listened when I was 13 years old. Then I got bored of nu-metal and slowly progressed into other metal genres. And after high school I progressed into less edgy music genres.

Slipknot is among the best numetal has to offer. They are very creative compared to bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed, etc.
>>
>>34330112
Nope, I didn't start listening to them until recently.
>>
>>34330112
Seen them twice at Download Festival
>>
obviously. some of their tunes are still pretty tight.
>>
>>34330112
yeah, there was a few songs of theirs i used to like but other than those i've always preferred thrash and death metal
>>
I started listening to them in Middleschool. I don't really listen to any music more aggressive than the Black Keys anymore though.

Quite frankly their only good albums were Iowa and Subliminal Verses
>>
No, I was too busy dropping e and dancing
>>
Yes Only a little bit thou. On another note do you guys like this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WQi_-kWvvA Its what I've been playing for a few days now~
>>
>>34330112
I did, way back in the day. Then I decided to stop being a faggot.
>>
Slipknot is in my library. the music has energy and i can relate to it, it isn't just nostalgia.

in a way, their music seemed to transcend its self. like MFKR has songs that later go on to their self-titled, but in different forms.
then they release a bunch of singles and bonus tracks that get used as riffs in later songs.

it's like they're trying to tell a story but purely through the music.
>>
yeah, I think I was like 10
then I grew out of it fast
>>
>i liked it when i was like 5
>then i grew out of it
whoa, these people are really scared of being bullied lol.
>>
>>34330112

Yeah but I grew out of it by the second album.
>>
File: sub.jpg (22KB, 480x360px)
sub.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>34330112
Yeah I did from 8th grade all the way to freshman year of college.

Stop listening to them because the bad was changing too much. I'll probably get shit for this but this was my favorite album.
>>
>>34330112
I didn't listen to them, I was biased by some friends that they have absolutely no good songs.
I like them now, most of their songs have a shit ton of energy in them and Coreys voice mixes well with the 10000 background sounds. They also have good riffs and I like what type of drums they used.
>>
>>34336603
Nah it's a pretty solid album tbf m8
>>
I like them. I don't listen to them as much as I used to in my younger teens, when I was a confused boy trying to force myself into a "clique" so I could feel a sense of belonging, as I had not accepted the fact that I was doomed to be an outcast.

I feel that they are hated for the sake of being hated. Everyone who hates them says they're shit without explaining why.
>>
>>34334594
Oh shit, I also saw them at Download.

Did you see them in 2015?
>>
File: 1330939114471.png (41KB, 239x258px)
1330939114471.png
41KB, 239x258px
PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT. PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT. PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT. PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT. PEOPLE EQUAL SHIT.
>>
>>34330112
korn was my thing. don't listen to them anymore but i probably should.
>>
>>34330112
Yes.
Listened to the self titled album. Interesting stuff.
Then a friend of mine got Iowa and it was ok.
Then Vol. 3 came out and it was pure garbage.

I also listened to Marilyn Manson, Holy Wood was their last semi decent album.
>>
Yes. They were huge during my freshman year of HS.

I also listened to Mudvayne and ICP.

But, whatever.
>>
yes i still do. i also like stone sour, corey taylor and james roots band but james left the band. i saw stone sour in a elevator they weren't nice people. i wanted to shake james's hand they kind of like pushed me away. i asked are you james roots:? told him how i caught his guitar pick.
>>
I did until I learned how insufferably douchey the band members were to their new members

Also I found better bands and then my taste in music shifted massively
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.